PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day

Gelston
02-06-2011, 10:00 AM
What the hell is the point in this day? Why do you need a day set aside to show your love for your SO(Shouldn't you already do this daily anyways?), by showering them with shitty cards and crap, overpriced chocolates? Is there something I don't understand here?

Asha
02-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Capitalism!

Gelston
02-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Capitalism!

You win the prize.

Blushy
02-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Yeah, fuck V.D.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/valentines_day.jpg

Tisket
02-06-2011, 12:06 PM
I'm a fan of the holiday. And my opinion has nothing to do with the fact that I usually get a piece of jewelry that day.

Bobmuhthol
02-06-2011, 12:15 PM
I don't understand why so many people are so loudly against Valentine's Day. No one is forcing you to buy overpriced chocolates. Then again, I'm also not big on the greeting card industry either; I just bought pearl earrings and left it at that.

PS. I'm totally going to get laid!!!

Mighty Nikkisaurus
02-06-2011, 12:39 PM
I like flowers, that's why!

Asha
02-06-2011, 01:07 PM
I don't understand why so many people are so loudly against Valentine's Day. No one is forcing you to buy overpriced chocolates. Then again, I'm also not big on the greeting card industry either; I just bought pearl earrings and left it at that.

PS. I'm totally going to get laid!!!

Yes you are in those lovely earrings dude.
Yes you are.

BriarFox
02-06-2011, 01:13 PM
I picked out some sexy lingerie for my girlfriend, with her input. I'll likely get her some flowers, too. I've done jewelry in the past, but I don't do it every year.

In my opinion, V-Day is far better than Sweetest Day. I never remember when *that* damn thing even is.

diethx
02-06-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm a fan of the holiday. And my opinion has nothing to do with the fact that I usually get a piece of jewelry that day.

x2.

Plus flowers are nice. I got my mom some flowers to be delivered Friday, too. It's just a nice day to celebrate other people and the fact that you love them, even more so than usual. Nothing wrong with that.

Latrinsorm
02-06-2011, 02:31 PM
It's a good excuse, put your love to use, baby you know what to do, oh baby you... you got what I need.

NocturnalRob
02-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Jewelry is for suckers. Get her a day at the spa--mani/pedi, massage, whatever. Then take her out to dinner. Done.

Tisket
02-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Jewelry is for suckers. Get her a day at the spa--mani/pedi, massage, whatever. Then take her out to dinner. Done.

I buy those things for myself though. Jewelry trumps all.

NocturnalRob
02-06-2011, 04:04 PM
I buy those things for myself though. Jewelry trumps all.
No. It doesn't. And I'd rather spend $200 on an afternoon at the spa than $200 on crappy jewelry.

Actually I'd rather just keep the $200 for myself.

To be fair, Tisket, you've loved every pearl necklace I've given you.

Tisket
02-06-2011, 04:08 PM
No. It doesn't. And I'd rather spend $200 on an afternoon at the spa than $200 on crappy jewelry.

Yeah, if that's all you can afford then go with the spa choice for sure.

(see what I did there!!)

Gelston
02-06-2011, 05:54 PM
I was more or less thinking why does there have to be a specific day where you do this stuff, when seemingly it should be something thats done year round. I really don't personally believe you should have to have an excuse, such as a day, to do things.

Tgo01
02-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Let's play 'spot the single guy' in this thread.

NocturnalRob
02-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Yeah, if that's all you can afford then go with the spa choice for sure.

(see what I did there!!)
Yeah. You're right. I arrived at that number by thinking of the maximum I'd spend on you, adding $10, multiplying by 21 and then subtracting the cost of 2 $5 scratch-offs.

Fancy math!

Gelston
02-06-2011, 06:02 PM
And then there's this.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5c/Valentine_Day_massacre.jpg

Tisket
02-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah. You're right. I arrived at that number by thinking of the maximum I'd spend on you, adding $10, multiplying by 21 and then subtracting the cost of 2 $5 scratch-offs.

Fancy math!

Soulless internet bastard!

Gweneivia
02-06-2011, 07:14 PM
My husband and I compete every year, I do Valentine's day planning, present, night on the town, hookers, whatever. Then he does our anniversary. Then we try to decide who won (usually me, of course). Also, since it is a competition and we're trying to outdo one another, no one ends up with a crappy toaster or anything. But really we both win since I never have to stress on anniversaries and he never has to deal with Valentine's.

Delias
02-06-2011, 07:43 PM
For valentines day this year I am going to take my wife to a hotel where I will tie her up and abuse her. It's cheaper than buying gifts, and more fun.

diethx
02-06-2011, 08:19 PM

Stop buying crappy jewelry. Problem solved.

NocturnalRob
02-06-2011, 08:53 PM
My definition of crappy jewelry extends to most anything under $400-$500. You just can't get anything of quality for less.

diethx
02-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Maybe a diamond, but otherwise that's pretty false. My favorite jewelry is an earring-bracelet set that my step-dad got me a few years ago. Was definitely less than $500.

Delias
02-06-2011, 11:42 PM
My definition of crappy jewelry extends to most anything under $400-$500. You just can't get anything of quality for less.

Beauty is not determined by price, but I'm glad to see that the DeBeers marketing campaign has worked as well on you as it has on so many gold digging sluts.

Allereli
02-07-2011, 01:03 AM
PC solves everything. Just order truffles from Kuyuk

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 06:11 AM
Beauty is not determined by price, but I'm glad to see that the DeBeers marketing campaign has worked as well on you as it has on so many gold digging sluts.
Actually beauty is determined by price to a large degree as price determines quality. Or quality determines price.

Also, DeBeers? Come on, fatty tat cat. You can do better than that.

Warriorbird
02-07-2011, 06:14 AM

You can sometimes cheat with underpriced antique things.

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 06:26 AM
You can sometimes cheat with underpriced antique things.
i.e., stealing from old people?

Delias
02-07-2011, 07:08 AM
Actually beauty is determined by price to a large degree as price determines quality. Or quality determines price.

Also, DeBeers? Come on, fatty tat cat. You can do better than that.

Hold up. Quality does not determine price. Demand determines price.

Women care about the effort you put into a gift- money is the easy way to make it appear as if you put in effort. I am willing to bet you I can get farther on a hundred bucks and ingenuity than you can with a pair of $500 earrings.

I've been married nearly eight years now, and the only women I've been with are ones that should have been considered out of my league. I mean, honestly, you've seen how fat I am. And yet, I always pulled quality ass. I've never had money, so I am guessing it wasn't diamond rings that did it. A heartfelt gift beats an expensive gift almost every time. It makes their eyes weepy, their hearts soft, and their vaginas moist.

That's when you pounce!

Eta: Also, to a woman who finds the color purple to be pretty, amethysts are both cheap and beautiful. It all depends on knowing your prey. I mean, woman.

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2011, 07:38 AM

Neither of these is true.

B4Hand
02-07-2011, 07:38 AM
My husband is lucky in the fact that.. I love amethyst (my birthstone), and he actually gets to combine Valentine's Day with my birthday, as it follows on the next day.

I'd like to add that indeed heartfelt is much more appreciated. My best gift ever was a hand written poem on a piece of card stock (that and he cleaned the entire house, and made me a birthday cake).

AnticorRifling
02-07-2011, 08:02 AM
I like valentine's day. Wife is a teacher so I generally will either go to the school the night before and decorate her room or I'll go on valentine's day during lunch and bring treats for the whole class, a bunch of gifts to cover her desk etc. But if you're using valentine's day to show how much you love her you're doing it wrong, you're supposed to show how much you love being "us". Use the rest of the year as an excuse to give her little gifts (like when she texts you in the AM saying she's already having a shitty day you sneak out of work and go bring her a smoothie and a big ass cookie) to show how much you love her, use valentine's day as an excuse to show her co-workers damn we rock.

I long ago realized that if you're trying to be nice or do something sweet to make up for something you did wrong you're failing. The key is to get points in your bucket for so when you fuck up (and let's be honest you've got a dong you're going to fuck up) you hopefully have enough points to cover :)

This year will be cupcakes for her class, a large veggie tray for the teacher's lounge, a card in each desk drawer, and probably some random stuffed animals for shits and giggles.

Delias
02-07-2011, 09:09 AM
Listen to Anticor. He is also married and knows whats up.

For instance, today I got home from work before my son woke up, so mom gets to sleep in. It's the little things, the small acts that show you are actually considerate of the other person, that matter.

IorakeWarhammer
02-07-2011, 09:11 AM
I long ago realized that if you're trying to be nice or do something sweet to make up for something you did wrong you're failing. The key is to get points in your bucket for so when you fuck up (and let's be honest you've got a dong you're going to fuck up) you hopefully have enough points to cover :)

Despite you being a blatant meanie head, your mature and generous understanding of how to deal with women is refreshing and appreciated.

Stanley Burrell
02-07-2011, 09:12 AM
I give Anticor's wife a little gift as well. It gets really big though, I-- she swears.

/semi-Rob? Am I doing this right?

IorakeWarhammer
02-07-2011, 09:14 AM
i have somebody's gnarled, warty toes in mind for this valentines day..

JK ROFL!!!!! Stanley you know i was joking about that right?!! I got some funny rep about that last night.. lol

02-07-2011 02:36 AM Yo, wassap. I just wanted to let you know that it is still probably a really bad idea to suck my toes and that kind of suggestion makes me feel uncomfortable. Alright, you take care, hope all's well -- Anonymous

Stanley Burrell
02-07-2011, 09:17 AM
i have somebody's gnarled, warty toes in mind for this valentines day..

JK ROFL!!!!! Stanley you know i was joking about that right?!! I got some funny rep about that last night.. lol

02-07-2011 02:36 AM Yo, wassap. I just wanted to let you know that it is still probably a really bad idea to suck my toes and that kind of suggestion makes me feel uncomfortable. Alright, you take care, hope all's well -- Anonymous

NO.

AnticorRifling
02-07-2011, 09:20 AM
semi-Rob

I heard that's his stage name.

Stanley Burrell
02-07-2011, 09:26 AM
I heard that's his stage name.

Weird. We're on the same acting committee and every time he goes by "Semi" or "One Quarter" I have to change my stage name into "Fluffer," according to this Adult industry contract. And have to perform strange tasks.

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 09:36 AM
And have to perform strange tasks.
Strange and wonderful, SB. Strange and wonderful.

Delias and AR, you guys keep on keeping on.

Bob, you are wrong. You're saying that a ring of a certain design made of 24k gold costs the same as a ring of the same design made of silver?

No. The quality (i.e., composition) of the jewelry determines price.

IorakeWarhammer
02-07-2011, 10:03 AM
NO.

loooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dunno if i should say successful troll is successful or omg now stan hates me!!!!

EasternBrand
02-07-2011, 10:13 AM
The quality (i.e., composition) of the jewelry determines price.

So price is determined at the atomic level?

Gelston
02-07-2011, 10:31 AM
So price is determined at the atomic level?

When it comes to the price of a diamond, it is all about the four C's: cut, clarity, color and carat. Pricing a diamond is not simply about size, but of the diamond as a complete package. A rare diamond has a purer quality, larger carat weight and clearest color.The final cost depends on these characteristics alone. These four golden rules can lead to the purchase of the best diamond possible.

Cut
The cut of the diamond involves the quality of the cut, soft or hard, as well as the shape of the diamond after it has been cut. The cut of the diamond greatly determines the quality and the price in that a finer, more precise cut gives better quality, and therefore higher price. Diamonds are typically cut in relation to the shape that they were originally. For instance, a pear-shaped diamond was not simply cut into that shape, but was found to be in a similar shape in its natural state before improvements were made. There are eight standard diamond cuts: round brilliant, emerald cut, princess cut, heart cut, pear cut, oval cut, marquise cut and cushion. A few of the most popular cuts include the round brilliant, heart and oval. The round brilliant cut diamond is typically the most popular because of its depth percentage ranging between 58 and 63, which helps determine the overall brilliance. Most brilliant diamonds range between 55 and 64 percent. The most rare and highly valued diamonds are set above 60 percent.

Clarity
The clarity of a diamond is a way of adding up its imperfections. These include natural striations inside the diamond and any cloudiness. The more total imperfections or inclusions a diamond has, the lower its clarity, and the lower its value. The grading system determines the number of inclusions seen in the diamond; an inclusion being characteristics such as crystals inside the diamond. The highest grading is FL. This means there are no inclusions, terming the diamond "flawless" and one of the most expensive. I2 and I3 are the lowest grades, the least expensive, with clear and obvious imperfections, including the external face of the diamond.

Color
Pricing ranges by color beginning with the "whitest" diamond to the "most colored" diamond. Though diamonds are strictly thought to be white, they come in a variety of natural tints. Pure white is the most expensive, while a dark yellow hue is least expensive. Colored diamonds are in a separate category. Color grading of diamonds runs from D-Z; D being the most brilliant and Z being the most vibrant yellow tone. A D-diamond is pure white, most expensive, and the most glorified of all diamonds. A Z-diamond is at the bottom of the color spectrum expressing the most color seen in the diamond, bringing down its rarity and value, making it least expensive and very easy to find. However, a colored diamond known as a canary diamond, or fancy colored diamond, is so rare and sought-after, that it can range anywhere from $1,200 to more than $750,000.

Carat
The carat is also known as the weight of the diamond. It is also divided into two parts: grams and points. A carat is set at .2 grams and a total of 100 points. When determining the worth of a diamond by carats and points, a full 1-point diamond is whole, rare and will range in clarity and color. Smaller diamonds adding up to 1 full carat, or point, are small, individual and cost much less based on the fact that they are fragments of a diamond or just naturally small.

IorakeWarhammer
02-07-2011, 10:32 AM
cubic zirconia all the way

Liagala
02-07-2011, 10:52 AM
I like valentine's day. Wife is a teacher so I generally will either go to the school the night before and decorate her room or I'll go on valentine's day during lunch and bring treats for the whole class, a bunch of gifts to cover her desk etc. But if you're using valentine's day to show how much you love her you're doing it wrong, you're supposed to show how much you love being "us". Use the rest of the year as an excuse to give her little gifts (like when she texts you in the AM saying she's already having a shitty day you sneak out of work and go bring her a smoothie and a big ass cookie) to show how much you love her, use valentine's day as an excuse to show her co-workers damn we rock.

You just won the thread. I'm pretty sure the only thing better than the above would be heart-shaped pancakes.

As a side note, if you're such an awesome husband, why do you always have wife aggro when we're trying to raid?

EasternBrand
02-07-2011, 10:55 AM
When it comes to the price of a diamond, it is all about the four C's: cut, clarity, color and carat.

Wait, you forgot Composition, didn't you?

Gelston
02-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Wait, you forgot Composition, didn't you?

NO

AnticorRifling
02-07-2011, 12:12 PM
As a side note, if you're such an awesome husband, why do you always have wife aggro when we're trying to raid?

Because women are needy.

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Because women are needy.
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leut89oTFl1qf8yek.gif

AnticorRifling
02-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Can't see tumblr at work. I'll just assume it says I'm right.

Parkbandit
02-07-2011, 12:30 PM
You just won the thread. I'm pretty sure the only thing better than the above would be heart-shaped pancakes.

Valentines Day is only once a year?

AnticorRifling
02-07-2011, 12:33 PM
It's not always wife aggro it's kids and wife "aggro" and they're going to come before a video game, even if they want something stupid they come first.

Liagala
02-07-2011, 12:33 PM
What the hell is the point in this day? Why do you need a day set aside to show your love for your SO(Shouldn't you already do this daily anyways?), by showering them with shitty cards and crap, overpriced chocolates? Is there something I don't understand here?

Because women are needy.
It seems we've come full circle.

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Can't see tumblr at work. I'll just assume it says I'm right.
It says that you should get a job that doesn't deny your basic human rights.

AnticorRifling
02-07-2011, 12:34 PM
It says that you should get a job that doesn't deny your basic human rights.

Then it wouldn't be a job.

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Then it wouldn't be a job.
Definitely not a ZJ.

Tisket
02-07-2011, 01:36 PM
The key is to get points in your bucket for so when you fuck up (and let's be honest you've got a dong you're going to fuck up) you hopefully have enough points to cover :)

I like your new, improved definition of the Bucket List.

Drew
02-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Definitely not a ZJ.

I've got 10 dollars, can you tell me what a ZJ is?

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 01:45 PM
I've got 10 dollars, can you tell me what a ZJ is?
I'm only going to answer you if you get the quote correct.

Latrinsorm
02-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Hold up. Quality does not determine price. Demand determines price.Don't forget monopolies and murdering Africans. We are talking about DeBeers here.
a smoothie and a big ass cookie2hoosiers1cup?

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Bob, you are wrong. You're saying that a ring of a certain design made of 24k gold costs the same as a ring of the same design made of silver?

There is no sensible way to respond to this. Your argument isn't even close to being correct -- you just took the fact that 24k gold costs more than silver and turned it into the conclusion that 24k gold is of higher quality than silver. This alone is debatable; good look applying it elsewhere. I am really concerned that you think this way, as if you have absolutely no formal knowledge of markets at all.

WRoss
02-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Don't forget monopolies and murdering Africans. We are talking about DeBeers here.2hoosiers1cup?

Actually you are both wrong. It's the amount of diamonds they have stock piled so that prices stay high. I remember reading somewhere that 95% of diamonds that are mined never reach the market. What they are looking for is huge diamonds. No one wants the 2 kt or less anymore.

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 02:36 PM
There is no sensible way to respond to this. Your argument isn't even close to being correct -- you just took the fact that 24k gold costs more than silver and turned it into the conclusion that 24k gold is of higher quality than silver. This alone is debatable; good look applying it elsewhere. I am really concerned that you think this way, as if you have absolutely no formal knowledge of markets at all.
No, Bob. I said that jewelry of 24k gold is of higher quality than the same mold made in silver.

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2011, 02:39 PM
... says who?

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 02:52 PM
... says who?
The entire world except you. Are you being purposefully obtuse or do you really have no concept of the commodity market?

edit: I'll go back to my original point.

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Have you ever noticed that the relative prices of gold and silver change all the time, and yet gold and silver are never intrinsically more or less valuable?

Weird.

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Have you ever noticed that the relative prices of gold and silver change all the time, and yet gold and silver are never intrinsically more or less valuable?

Weird.
So you're not being obtuse. You're being retarded. Okay, got it.

Find me ANY EXAMPLE where something made of silver is worth more than the same thing made of gold.

You can't. Thanks.

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Find me ANY EXAMPLE where quality dictates price.

You can't. Thanks.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
02-07-2011, 03:01 PM
I told my GF I don't like made up holidays, so we don't celebrate it. We will be celebrating the anniversary of our first date though, so she gets her own special day. I'm more amiable to that, than fighting crowds at nice restaurants, buying some trinket that means nothing to me because the day means nothing to me.

I am giving her a gift for the day though, even though I dislike the made up holiday. I saved the first bottle of wine we drank together a long time ago, cleaned it and removed the sticker from the outside. I wrote with a caligraphy pen a note about how much I love her on some faggoty paper I bought from the hobby lobby thats all "antiqued" and shit. Then I put this translucent papyrus paper over that, rolled it, sealed it with wax and put it in the bottle. Then I recorked it with the original cork, used very thin bronze sheet metal to create a "label" around the bottle that I embossed (this was actually a lot of fun) with fancy ass borders and her name with 2/14/2011 beneath it. It's the whole message in a bottle thing I guess. I figured she'll remember that more than a bunch of dead plants and a fancy dinner with a bajillion other couples having a fancy dinner. She'll get the fancy dinner on our day.

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Find me ANY EXAMPLE where quality dictates price.
People pay more for 24k gold than they do for 14k gold because it is of higher quality. Boom. Roasted. Shut the fuck up.

EasternBrand
02-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Next time I buy a necklace, it's going to be made of carbon nanotubes, because that is some quality shit. You can tell because of how expensive they are.

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2011, 03:04 PM
People paid more for gold a few months ago than they do now. Is gold of lower quality now?

But that's my weaker counter. The real one is that you have absolutely no justification to say that people pay more "because it is of higher quality." People actually pay more because the fucking price went up.

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 03:09 PM
People paid more for gold a few months ago than they do now. Is gold of lower quality now?

But that's my weaker counter. The real one is that you have absolutely no justification to say that people pay more "because it is of higher quality." People actually pay more because the fucking price went up.
Continue, Bob. I love when you back yourself into a corner and then try to spin your way out of it. 14k gold will always be of a lower quality than 24k gold. And people will always pay less for it than they do for 24k gold, regardless of the market quote.

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Are you fucking retarded?

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 03:23 PM

Delias
02-07-2011, 03:34 PM
Let me help you out here...
14k gold is not worth less than 24k gold because it is of lower quality, it is because it is less pure. We're talking the purity of the metal determining its worth...and the purity matters because the more pure the gold, the more actual gold you have... which means the cost is dictated by the same two things that all cost is dictated by: supply and demand.

There are all sorts of ways to artificially tamper with supply and demand, but those, and not quality, are the heart of the precious metal trade.

Pretty sure I got all that right. I may have been talking out of my ass on the karats of gold, I will have to look it up to double check.

Eta: The carat (abbreviation ct or kt) is a measure of the purity of gold alloys, 24 carat being pure gold. In the United States and Canada, the spelling karat (abbreviation k or kt) is used.

So I was actually correct. I knew I knew something about this.

ETA2: Furthermore, it is possible to have something made of 24k gold that is worth less than something made of 14k gold due to the artistry with which it is wrought. That would be an argument for price being determined by quality, but being an artistic flourish, the quality still doesn't directly determine the price... because everything is worth what some sucker will pay for it.

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 03:38 PM
1) Lower quality = less pure.
2) I wasn't arguing about artistry. That's why I kept referring to the "same design" and "same mold."
3) KT Lang called. Copyright infringement lawsuit pending.
4) Thank you for proving my point.

Delias
02-07-2011, 03:40 PM
1) Lower quality = less pure.
2) I wasn't arguing about artistry. That's why I kept referring to the "same design" and "same mold."
4) Thank you for proving my point.

Quality in this case is innate value. Jewelry is an artistic rendering and therefore its innate value is not equal to the sum of its parts. Try paying a painter just for the cost of the paint and see how far it gets you.

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Quality in this case is innate value. Jewelry is an artistic rendering and therefore its innate value is not equal to the sum of its parts. Try paying a painter just for the cost of the paint and see how far it gets you.
Again, same design, same mold. Artistry is therefore moot. It all has to do with the quality and composition of the material being used.

pabstblueribbon
02-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Jewelry is stupid.

Unless you're married I guess.

Delias
02-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Again, same design, same mold. Artistry is therefore moot. It all has to do with the quality and composition of the material being used.

Well, I believe we'll have to agree to disagree. If it is all the same design, the same mold, why would you get such a cookie cutter gift for someone you considered special? It baffles me. That's alright, I fully support prostitution, even prostitution by proxy.

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
If it is all the same design, the same mold, why would you get such a cookie cutter gift for someone you considered special?
To quote a wise man, "because women are needy."

Delias
02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
To quote a wise man, "because women are needy."

Right... but what they need is a good hard fuck and a kick in the ass to get them moving about the kitchen, not jewelry.

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Right... but what they need is a good hard fuck and a kick in the ass to get them moving about the kitchen, not jewelry.
You can only beat a dead horse so many times before you have to revive it with honeyed vinegar?

Delias
02-07-2011, 04:23 PM
You can only beat a dead horse so many times before you have to revive it with honeyed vinegar?

Usually easier to get a new horse than it is to bring one back from the dead.

Parkbandit
02-07-2011, 04:38 PM
So you're not being obtuse. You're being retarded. Okay, got it.

Find me ANY EXAMPLE where something made of silver is worth more than the same thing made of gold.

You can't. Thanks.

Photography development solution.

By the way.. it has nothing to do with "quality" of gold and everything to do with the supply of gold.

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 04:48 PM
By the way.. it has nothing to do with "quality" of gold and everything to do with the supply of gold.
So if the supply of gold were stable, 14k gold would cost just the same as 24k gold?

Cephalopod
02-07-2011, 04:57 PM
So if the supply of gold were stable, 14k gold would cost just the same as 24k gold?

It depends on if the gold will yield you a profit or income.

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 04:59 PM
It depends on if the gold will yield you a profit or income.
I hate you.

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2011, 05:19 PM

You love telling me what your original argument was and was not, but you very clearly state that beauty is determined by both price and quality, since one determines the other. Arguing that 24k gold is more expensive than 14k gold because it is of higher quality does not support your argument; 24k gold is not more beautiful. It is, however, more rare. Should the supply of 14k and 24k gold become equal, they could theoretically cost the same, but in reality 14k gold could easily cost more because nobody is retarded enough to make jewelry out of 24k gold if they want it to last.

Parkbandit
02-07-2011, 05:33 PM

No. If gold was as plentiful as say iron or aluminum, it would be as cheap as iron or aluminum.

Parkbandit
02-07-2011, 05:36 PM
You love telling me what your original argument was and was not, but you very clearly state that beauty is determined by both price and quality, since one determines the other. Arguing that 24k gold is more expensive than 14k gold because it is of higher quality does not support your argument; 24k gold is not more beautiful. It is, however, more rare. Should the supply of 14k and 24k gold become equal, they could theoretically cost the same, but in reality 14k gold could easily cost more because nobody is retarded enough to make jewelry out of 24k gold if they want it to last.

Um... the difference between 14k gold and 24k gold is the amount of gold in it. 24k gold is near pure (100% gold) while 14k gold is only made up of about half gold.

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2011, 05:44 PM
I meant in the context of jewelry prices as opposed to the commodity, since that seems to be the limitation of the discussion for some inane reason. In either case (14k, 24k) the jewelry is presumably more expensive than the market value of the gold that makes it.

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Furthermore, I bought a sterling silver Tiffany necklace and pendant, but I could buy/make the same necklace with the same silver for a fraction of the price Tiffany charges. Thus, it is obvious to me that quality determines price.

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Thus, it is obvious to me that quality determines price.
So I'm right. Good.

Blushy
02-07-2011, 06:05 PM
OMG, I thought it wasn't possible for Valentine's Day to get any worse. Trust the PC to provide evidence to the contrary.

Warriorbird
02-07-2011, 06:07 PM
I'll just stick to visiting antique stores with no Internet connection. I still can't understand some of the stuff some people pay at horrific jewelry stores like Jared.

pabstblueribbon
02-07-2011, 06:09 PM
VD is Valentines Day's initials.

VD are also initials for venereal disease.

Coincidence?

Maybe its just the girls I date. Gotta catch-em-all!

NocturnalRob
02-07-2011, 07:36 PM
OMG, I thought it wasn't possible for Valentine's Day to get any worse. Trust the PC to provide evidence to the contrary.
Really? Worse than getting dumped a few weeks ago?

Blushy
02-07-2011, 07:44 PM
dumped + this thread's retarded arguing (is worse than operator) dumped

Bobmuhthol
02-07-2011, 09:06 PM
I saw TV Ears at CVS for $100. They were obviously of a higher quality than my Sennheiser HDR120 headphones, because they are more expensive.

diethx
02-07-2011, 11:57 PM

k.d. lang called. She said you were a homo.

Delias
02-08-2011, 04:56 AM
I've really given up caring who wins this debate... what matters to me is that, come valentines day, I'll spend less than a hundred bucks and get my cock sucked like I just freed all of tibet anyway. I consider it proof enough that my methods are superior.

NocturnalRob
02-08-2011, 06:24 AM
k.d. lang called. She said you were a homo.
Well, she's clearly the expert.

AnticorRifling
02-08-2011, 08:02 AM
I saw TV Ears at CVS for $100. They were obviously of a higher quality than my Sennheiser HDR120 headphones, because they are more expensive.

What is the make and model number of said TV Ears. I'm curious.

Warriorbird
02-08-2011, 08:03 AM
What is the make and model number of said TV Ears. I'm curious.

Bose'd be a thousand, I'm sure.

Bobmuhthol
02-08-2011, 08:30 AM
TV Ears 2.3.

http://www.tvears.com/TV-Ears-2-3-Wireless-Headset-System

NocturnalRob
02-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Bob, Bob, Bob...Do you only use your Sennheiser HDR120 headphones for listening to the TV? No? So they're not the same product. NICE TRY!

Seriously. Nice try.

Delias
02-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Bob, Bob, Bob...Do you only use your Sennheiser HDR120 headphones for listening to the TV? No? So they're not the same product. NICE TRY!

Seriously. Nice try.

You know what is the same product? YOUR FACE. BOOM.

NocturnalRob
02-08-2011, 09:39 AM
You know what is the same product? YOUR FACE. BOOM.
ARRRRRRRRRGHHH!!!!!

get my cock sucked like I just freed all of tibet anyway
So it won't be from a Chinese? That's right, "a" Chinese.

Delias
02-08-2011, 10:02 AM
ARRRRRRRRRGHHH!!!!!

So it won't be from a Chinese? That's right, "a" Chinese.

I don't really dig the celestials.

Rucca
02-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Happy VD PC. I :heart: you all!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/fVt8R.jpg

Anebriated
02-14-2011, 12:29 PM
.http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/b82619e2_5b69_3d43.jpg

Suppa Hobbit Mage
02-14-2011, 12:51 PM

I recognize this is a heart... but to me it looked like an ass on top (laying down on a bed) and a thong in the glass itself. Not sure what that says about my subconcious.

NocturnalRob
02-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Not sure what that says about my subconcious.
That you're a wild man. SPELLING IS FOR LOSERS!!

Rucca
02-14-2011, 12:53 PM
I recognize this is a heart... but to me it looked like an ass on top (laying down on a bed) and a thong in the glass itself. Not sure what that says about my subconcious.

Today you may take it as you will. Although it wouldn't be MY ass top or thong. :D

Androidpk
02-14-2011, 12:54 PM

Corona! Mmmm

Rucca
02-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Corona! Mmmm

LOL Nooooo!!! That is um, Widmer Hefeweizen!

Androidpk
02-14-2011, 01:15 PM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/02/500x_val2.jpg

Bobmuhthol
02-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Not to brag but I've had sex at least 28 times today with at least 93 different women.

Fallen
02-14-2011, 02:23 PM
Not to brag but I've had sex at least 28 times today with at least 93 different women.

Can I see the logs?

Delias
02-14-2011, 02:24 PM

I've had twice that. Not that I'm bragging either, cuz I'm totally not.

Androidpk
02-14-2011, 02:24 PM

How many fingers constitutes a women? I'm guessing somewhere around 3?

Bobmuhthol
02-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Can I see the logs?

http://i53.tinypic.com/27wszv5.png

Cephalopod
02-14-2011, 02:43 PM
That looks like last year's list. FAIL.

AnticorRifling
02-14-2011, 03:07 PM
It's also a list of dude's ....

NocturnalRob
02-14-2011, 03:20 PM