PDA

View Full Version : Double plasma flares?

AKOE!
01-31-2011, 07:35 PM
Is it normal for plasma flares to do this? This is the first time it's happened. None of the other flares have done this. Any thoughts?

You nock a spiraled faewood-shafted arrow in your sephwir recurve longbow.
A subtle blue-violet light glints off the tip of a spiraled faewood-shafted arrow, leaving a faint trail as it travels through the air.
You fire a spiraled faewood arrow at a mastodonic leopard!
AS: +399 vs DS: +211 with AvD: +27 + d100 roll: +56 = +271
... and hit for 77 points of damage!
Well aimed strike shatters bone in right arm!
The mastodonic leopard is stunned!

** Your faewood arrow pulses with a burst of plasma energy! **
... 5 points of damage!
Searing strike to back causes the mastodonic leopard to grunt in pain.

** The tip of the faewood arrow suddenly shatters and bursts with a torrent of plasma! **
... 40 points of damage!
Muscle blasted away from the mastodonic leopard's arm exposing scorched bone!
The mastodonic leopard mewls in pain as she slumps to the ground and licks her wounded right foreleg.
Roundtime: 5 sec.

R>

:thanx:

Also, any idea on what might give steam flares? I've tried the green coral wands but they don't work.

Fallen
01-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Odd. Flared, then the arrow blew up.

waywardgs
01-31-2011, 07:41 PM
I'd like to order some plasma arrows please.

BriarFox
01-31-2011, 07:43 PM
It might be a random effect of your quiver. You probably should have mentioned how you created those arrows for the best feedback.

AKOE!
01-31-2011, 07:48 PM
oh, well it's one of those mechanical eblade quivers from the EG Festival year before last. I use the smite spell to give it plasma flares but I've never seen it do anything like that.

Also, I'd love to make arrows for you but they lose their power after two shots if they aren't returned to the quiver. After that they're just plain faewood arrows...

AKOE!
01-31-2011, 07:52 PM
Okay, after a little testing this is what I've found. Sometimes the arrow just flares, but it doesn't explode... sometimes it just explodes but the flare is much stronger. I guess I've just never seen it do both before.

You nock a spiraled faewood-shafted arrow in your sephwir recurve longbow.
A subtle blue-violet light glints off the tip of a spiraled faewood-shafted arrow, leaving a faint trail as it travels through the air.
You fire a spiraled faewood arrow at a dreadnought raptor!
AS: +399 vs DS: +102 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +65 = +392
... and hit for 115 points of damage!
Beautiful shot pierces skull! Amazing the dreadnought raptor wasn't killed outright!

** The tip of the faewood arrow suddenly shatters and bursts with a torrent of plasma! **
... 30 points of damage!
Intense arc of energy flays the dreadnought raptor's arm to the bone!
The dreadnought raptor screeches loudly as it cradles its mangled left wing!
The dreadnought raptor writhes in agony, its wings flapping fruitlessly as it dies.

kookiegod
01-31-2011, 08:22 PM
that is hawt