PDA

View Full Version : Text Message Blows Up Suicide Bomber By Accident

Gan
01-28-2011, 05:37 PM
A "Black Widow" suicide bomber planned a terrorist attack in central Moscow on New Year's Eve but was killed when an unexpected text message set off her bomb too early, according to Russian security sources.

The unnamed woman, who is thought to be part of the same group that struck Moscow's Domodedovo airport on Monday, intended to detonate a suicide belt near Red Square on New Year's Eve in an attack that could have killed hundreds.

Security sources believe a message from her mobile phone operator wishing her a happy new year received just hours before the planned attack triggered her suicide belt, killing her at a safe house.

Islamist terrorists in Russia often use mobile phones as detonators. The bomber's handler, who is usually watching their charge, sends the bomber a text message in order to set off his or her explosive belt at the moment when it is thought they can inflict maximum casualties.

The dead woman has not been identified, but her husband is apparently serving time in jail for being a member of a radical Islamist terror group.

Security sources believe the New Year's Eve bomber and the airport bombers may have been members of a suicide squad trained in Pakistan's al-Qaida strongholds which was sent to target the Russian capital's transport system.

Nobody has been arrested in connection with Monday's bombing, which left 35 people dead. Police are trying to identify the severed head of a male suicide bomber recovered from the scene.

Read more: http://www.leaderpost.com/news/Text+message+blows+suicide+bomber+accident/4172966/story.html#ixzz1CN8jKNsi

__________________________________________________ _______

DOH!

Warriorbird
01-28-2011, 05:41 PM
Russian tween girls. New front-line in the war on terrorism! I'm glad they got one at least.

Tgo01
01-28-2011, 06:09 PM
So all we have to do is require mobile phone companies to send a random text to all of their customers every hour and we can blow up all of the terrorists!

waywardgs
01-28-2011, 06:43 PM
I wonder what the text said.

Warriorbird
01-28-2011, 07:02 PM

LOL, KTHXBAI!

Gan
01-28-2011, 07:12 PM

Security sources believe a message from her mobile phone operator wishing her a happy new year received just hours before the planned attack triggered her suicide belt, killing her at a safe house.

waywardgs
01-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Ah. Skim fail.

Kuyuk
01-28-2011, 11:22 PM
I wonder if they're gonna charge the mobile phone operator with 35 counts of murder for that text message.

Gan
01-28-2011, 11:24 PM
I wonder if they're gonna charge the mobile phone operator with 35 counts of murder for that text message.

Said text message only killed the one bomber and injured 2 accomplices. No charge for murder there. A medal might be in order instead.

The airport bomber was successfully detonated by their 'watcher'.

Kuyuk
01-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Said text message only killed the one bomber and injured 2 accomplices. No charge for murder there. A medal might be in order instead.

The airport bomber was successfully detonated by their 'watcher'.

oic.