PDA

View Full Version : Need some help

Xcalibur
04-26-2004, 10:31 AM
With wisdom, intuition and influence.

Beside giving td and mental points, what is wisdom good for?

Same for intuition and influence.

thanks

p.s. I am still not playing, but helping!

Latrinsorm
04-26-2004, 01:18 PM
Influence = warcries, helps a bit with selling/buying stuff.
Intuition = dodge.
Wisdom = I wanna say something to do with traps or lockpicking or something. Not totally sure on that though.

Xcalibur
04-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Need more than speculations, need percentage and how it is affecting it.

If influence at 70 (10) is giving 10% of your rank's bonus, it'S isn't that great

120 (40 ranks) or 132 (40 ranks) booh...

Or if it gives pseudo-ranks, such as 1 per 5 ranks, with diminushing returns... booh again.

Or.. ?

Trinitis
04-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
Need more than speculations, need percentage and how it is affecting it.

If influence at 70 (10) is giving 10% of your rank's bonus, it'S isn't that great

120 (40 ranks) or 132 (40 ranks) booh...

Or if it gives pseudo-ranks, such as 1 per 5 ranks, with diminushing returns... booh again.

Or.. ?

Thats great..two things for ya.

1. Go talk to a GM, they are the only ones who know for SURE what everything does.

2. Why do you care? you don't play anymore, remember?

Xcalibur
04-26-2004, 01:43 PM
1. No. Not true. You can easily dicepher how works influence with trading, and so on. There's surely formula known here or there.

2. I care because. Right.

Kitsun
04-26-2004, 01:44 PM
You're asking for far too much detail. I haven't even heard of anyone attempting to chart that type of information.

Xcalibur
04-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Ahh, didn't knew. Then someone will have to do it, right?

Trinitis
04-26-2004, 01:46 PM
1. No. Not true. You can easily dicepher how works influence with trading, and so on. There's surely formula known here or there.

2. I care because. Right.

1. Oh yes, very VERY true. Just because WE test something does not mean we can figure out the exact formula. For all we know there are hiddin rolls for every single thing in the game, and as thus, would throw off all types of testing.

2. You have no reason to care unless you play. Yet you make it very, extreamly clear you don't. So fess up, or give up.

Xcalibur
04-26-2004, 01:58 PM
Mathematic is, at least was when I was doing some, a precise science.

If A + B = C, then C - B = A.

That's about it.

I'l do some research and post it later.

I don't play, I stop (ed) in november. That's all you need to know.

Thanks!

Trinitis
04-26-2004, 02:01 PM

That's about it.

For the most part, yes. But there are such things as Undefined problems..where there is not enough information to collect the correct answer.

Thanks!

Ok, Now re-read that a few times..and realize how fucking stupid you sound. Thanks.

CrystalTears
04-26-2004, 02:01 PM
It would be better if you asked for a specific purpose. Specifying a profession and/or skills would be better in order to get you the answer you're looking for.

Not that I can answer that type of question, but you're asking for very specific information that is not going to be that precise or easy to find anyway.

If you're trying to help someone else who still plays, I'd suggest that they do an assist and ask a GH or GM, or have them read the official boards. Although riddled with too much rambling, they do have information in there if you dig hard enough.

Xcalibur
04-26-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin

That's about it.

For the most part, yes. But there are such things as Undefined problems..where there is not enough information to collect the correct answer.

Thanks!

Ok, Now re-read that a few times..and realize how fucking stupid you sound. Thanks.

Did, read it 4 times. Beside the "l" that I forgot in the I'll, I don't find myself stupid, sorry.

Got a problem with your self-esteem? I don't:rolleyes:

CrystalTears: I think stats such as Influence SHOULD be easy to decipher when checking its influence with trading, as trading is surely only with Influence.

Didn't thought there was no such studies made yet.

Thanks for your objective answer, though.

Seems there was still a mith going on, Strayrogue confirmed me it was wrong:

Wisdom and intuition DOES NOT (DON'T) give a bonus to either:

1) absorbing EXP

2) amount of EXP your mind held.

[Edited on 26-4-04 by Xcalibur]

Trinitis
04-26-2004, 02:06 PM
Then your hopeless X. Maybe I will start doing what I mentioned to CT.. Would at least make your posts amusing, somewhat. God knows they don't contain any useful information, behind prooving yourself to be stupid over and over.

Xcalibur
04-26-2004, 02:19 PM
Then your hopeless X. Maybe I will start doing what I mentioned to CT.. Would at least make your posts amusing, somewhat. God knows they don't contain any useful information, behind prooving yourself to be stupid over and over.

You mean? We won't be friends? NEVER?

BOOOOOOOOH BOOOOOH BOOH.

Man, it sux, terribly.

You think I'm stupid, therefore, I should be, I think.

Now, back on topic, please, bad mod.

DarknessWithin
04-26-2004, 02:23 PM
If you "quit" in november like you said, why is your friend asking YOU for help X? If you quit in november then they would know you haven't been around for most of the major releases for GSIV. I dunno about your friends but when I need help with the game I at least ask people that I know are playing ::shrug::

Trinitis
04-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by DarknessWithin
If you "quit" in november like you said, why is your friend asking YOU for help X? If you quit in november then they would know you haven't been around for most of the major releases for GSIV. I dunno about your friends but when I need help with the game I at least ask people that I know are playing ::shrug::

Common..be honest. Who do you talk to when ya need help? Eh? Eh?

Heheh.

Xcalibur
04-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Because, I think, I was one of the best player according to stats AND getting levels ASAP, at least with certain professions.

I advise no one to come to me and ask me roleplaying tools or hints.

But for the rest, I was, good, I think :lol:.

And information is always fun to know, when you want to bash this or that, no?

DarknessWithin
04-26-2004, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by DarknessWithin

Common..be honest. Who do you talk to when ya need help? Eh? Eh?

Heheh.

Marclar's big baddass yet lovable, snuggable, happy, tasty, less filling and tastes great fruitcake of a sorcerer brother but of course!!

Hmmm....Maybe that's why Marclar's so screwed up in the head ;) :lol:

CrystalTears
04-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Heh, I didn't think much skill went into powerhunting. I guess I was wrong.

Latrinsorm
04-26-2004, 02:59 PM
Influence bonus is very important for warcries.

Every 4 points of Intuition bonus will give you 1 Dodge DS.

It's hard to do research on stats (unless you're a premie). It's difficult to figure out exactly how much Influence helps at shops because there are (at least) three other variables: citizenship, racism, and trading skill. Good luck with the research, though. :)

Trinitis
04-26-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
Heh, I didn't think much skill went into powerhunting. I guess I was wrong.

Heh, me either. I mean hell, I've been known to power level with the best of them..but it sure did not take skills in math or knowing how to min/max a char to do so. It takes a bit of common sense and a lot of free time.

Xcalibur
04-26-2004, 04:29 PM
That's why most of powerhunters, here, are bellow level 30 and are playing since 5-6-7-8-9 years.

Yeah.

IT takes skills to powerhunt, otherwise you don't powerhunt, you just hunt.

Thanks, latrinsorm. So does that mean that the bonus intuition gives is NOT related with the amount of dodge rank?

CrystalTears
04-26-2004, 04:54 PM
If they are level 30 or below, then they are obviously not powerhunters. :rolleyes:

It doesn't really takes skill, just patience and time (and the right script) to hunt the same thing over and over again until you don't learn from them and then move onto something else.

Bobmuhthol
04-26-2004, 05:21 PM
<<It doesn't really takes skill>>

Who are you? Xcalibur?

Also, powerhunters suck. Cash hunters pwn.

Skirmisher
04-26-2004, 05:23 PM
Senor Scriptor, if you are so good, figure it out yourself.

I don't know why you insist on the charade that you are not playing unless you are emabarassed.

What, you trying to hijack another poor persons password so you can deed someone else?

Piss or get off the pot.

Bobmuhthol
04-26-2004, 05:27 PM
<<What, you trying to hijack another poor persons password so you can deed someone else?>>

I'm afraid it was her own damn fault. Note that she shares passwords and gets screwed; I don't share passwords and haven't lost a thing.

Trinitis
04-26-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
<<What, you trying to hijack another poor persons password so you can deed someone else?>>

I'm afraid it was her own damn fault. Note that she shares passwords and gets screwed; I don't share passwords and haven't lost a thing.

Well, except for you and Tayre? :duh:

Or at least..so I hear.

Skirmisher
04-26-2004, 05:29 PM
No. No one made anyone do anything to her.

That required malice on the part of another.

Sorry, the whole its her own fault bs only goes so far with me.

Bobmuhthol
04-26-2004, 05:33 PM
<<Well, except for you and Tayre?>>

Actually we haven't. Not yet, anyway.

<<No. No one made anyone do anything to her.>>

Correct.

<<That required malice on the part of another.>>

Correct.

<<Sorry, the whole its her own fault bs only goes so far with me.>>

You're disagreeing with a true statement here. Even I know the capabilities any human has with the knowledge of a password and how to use it. Either you take the risk or you don't. Ignorance is no excuse. And if you don't realize that humans are maleficent by nature, then you do not belong on the internet.

Xcalibur
04-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Eh, I never said script hunting, scripting hunting only takes 2 things: having a buddy that is able to write scripts or being able to write one yourself.

Ain't part of the 2.

Or I'm too pride to ask someone to write me a script.

Powerhunting, is, in my opinion, getting the highest experience possible per session, 1 hour, 6 hours, 1 day, whatever.

It takes math, it takes calculation and it takes discipline.

hehehe, exagerating, of course.

Cash hunting rocks, that's true. But with the change on skinning, well, I don't know, how is it now?

Bobmuhthol
04-26-2004, 05:35 PM
I never skin when I cash hunt. Gems are what counts. :thumbsup:

Xcalibur
04-26-2004, 05:39 PM
I never skin when I cash hunt. Gems are what counts. :thumbsup:

How much you get, on average, per hour?

Bobmuhthol
04-26-2004, 05:41 PM
~80k.

Xcalibur
04-26-2004, 05:41 PM
And that for you is cash hunting?

You fry while cash hunting?

If so, that is cool.

If not, that really blows.

Bobmuhthol
04-26-2004, 05:43 PM
I'm assuming, I don't hunt for an hour at a time out of boredom. Plus I don't know of any really rich mofos.

Trinitis
04-26-2004, 05:43 PM
its more then your making an hour...since you don't play.

Xcalibur
04-26-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm assuming, I don't hunt for an hour at a time out of boredom. Plus I don't know of any really rich mofos.

Eh, 80k, assuming you get 2k per gems, it's only 40 gems per hour, booh, man...

LordAdredrin: I make more than 1,2$ per hour, thanks for caring, my frustrated friend.

Trinitis
04-26-2004, 05:57 PM

LordAdredrin: I make more than 1,2$ per hour, thanks for caring, my frustrated friend.

You don't in silvers bud. Since you don't PLAY! Remember?

Also..I'm frustrated? Since when? :lol:

Xcalibur
04-26-2004, 06:01 PM

You don't in silvers bud. Since you don't PLAY! Remember?

Also..I'm frustrated? Since when? :lol:

Since Bob and I were talking of cash hunting, I meant the value of the said silver in real cash.

Rest is pure déduction.

Latrinsorm
04-26-2004, 06:22 PM
Thanks, latrinsorm. So does that mean that the bonus intuition gives is NOT related with the amount of dodge rank? You're welcome, and yes.

As an aside: is it just me, or is there a lot of urine talk going on recently?

Xcalibur
04-26-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm

Thanks, latrinsorm. So does that mean that the bonus intuition gives is NOT related with the amount of dodge rank? You're welcome, and yes.

As an aside: is it just me, or is there a lot of urine talk going on recently?

It's you, there is some people getting bored of a certain person, but that, my friend, is just plain normal

Competition:smug:

So, intuition sux terribly!