PDA

View Full Version : Dinner fuckup

Kuyuk
06-03-2005, 07:32 PM
I made dinner tonight, herbed chicken papillote [rosemary, thyme, lemon zest, garlic] with beurre monte'd green beans almondine, and spicy couscous...and I made a lemon-chicken sauce with the juices from the chicken papillote, and then after I plated one dinner I proceeded to drop my sauce all over the stove....it made me sad.

K.

Leetahkin
06-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Kuyuk, come cook for me! :heart:
I hate cooking.
Btw, that food sounds awesome.

Oh, and accidents happen.

HarmNone
06-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Awww...were you able to save any of it? :(

Ebondale
06-03-2005, 08:07 PM
:(

That sounds really freaking good, too. I'm very sorry for your loss...

Jenisi
06-03-2005, 08:12 PM
Yeah so uh... I had left overs for dinner...

4a6c1
06-03-2005, 08:15 PM
At least you TRIED to cook. I dont cook. Cant cook. Last thing I tried to cook was like instant mac and cheez or something and I esploded it in my microwaver. :sniffle:

Back
06-03-2005, 08:20 PM
Yeah, those frozen dinners can be a bitch.

Leetahkin
06-03-2005, 08:25 PM
lol, I started a FIRE in my oven a few weeks ago trying to cook something according to instructions.

Hilarious now, but not when it happened.

Dinner tonight = Jack In The Box.

Xcalibur
06-03-2005, 08:27 PM
Why is it that rafinate food (excellent food) use french terms?

Beurre? papillote?

:)

Jenisi
06-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Jack in the box is awesome... too bad we don't have one around here... or even close to here :(

Back
06-03-2005, 08:45 PM
I love their tacos. I want some now. No Jack-in-the-crack on the east coast. :crie:

Kuyuk
06-03-2005, 08:56 PM
<Why is it that rafinate food (excellent food) use french terms?

Beurre? papillote?
>

Because americans like foreign languages, in france, it's Butter sauce and pocket ;-)

Everything sounds nicer in a foreign language.

Oh, and to everyone else; I'll cook for ya, you pay for airfare, place to stay, and food, plus a mere $10 an hour for me, and I'm there.

K.

Kuyuk
06-03-2005, 09:12 PM
I can also make product and ship it, though it's costly.

K.

Leetahkin
06-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Kuyuk
<Why is it that rafinate food (excellent food) use french terms?

Beurre? papillote?
>

Because americans like foreign languages, in france, it's Butter sauce and pocket ;-)

Everything sounds nicer in a foreign language.

Oh, and to everyone else; I'll cook for ya, you pay for airfare, place to stay, and food, plus a mere $10 an hour for me, and I'm there.

K.

I just visited back home but dammit, you're making we want to visit again. You're just a stone's throw from my parents! :mutter unfair:

Kuyuk
06-03-2005, 09:14 PM
I just got two new toys to play around with in the kitchen too...cant wait to use em!

K.

Killer Kitten
06-03-2005, 09:22 PM
I'm sorry for your sauce loss Kuyuk, but the meal sounds marvelous!

Mike and I went 20 years without cooking, but when he lost his job one of the ways we tightened the belt was to cook and eat at home. Now I really enjoy preparing meals and I love having company and cooking dinners. Nothing hugely fancy, just home cooking stuff. Quite the change from the years our kitchen held nothing but cat food and soda!

Kuyuk
06-03-2005, 09:31 PM
How can you go 20 years without cooking?!?! :?:

K.

Jorddyn
06-03-2005, 09:34 PM

K.

Live in a city. It's easy.

Take-out, sandwiches, cereal, ramen noodles, frozen dinners - none of which I'd classify as "cooking."

Jorddyn

Edited to add - Your dinner sounded yummy :) Come cook for me any time!

[Edited on 6-4-2005 by Jorddyn]

Kuyuk
06-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Yeah...I need to get pictures of stuff I do with a high quality camera and make a catchy flash website to display my mad skillz.

K.

HarmNone
06-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Oooh, you should, Kuyuk! We could all sit in front of our monitors and salivate gigantic puddles at our feet. :lol:

Kuyuk
06-03-2005, 09:41 PM
I might have a few shitty pics lying around on my puter now from last year, nothing fancy, no real garnishes.

K.

Kuyuk
06-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Nope, dont have any after my reformat, but here's a picture of a deep fried twinkie I did.

K.

Kuyuk
06-03-2005, 09:47 PM
Oh, it tasted like a doughnut for those interested, wasnt bad at all.

K.

Back
06-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Uncle Ben makes Jasmine rice now.

Killer Kitten
06-04-2005, 08:48 PM

K.

It was a great 20 years, all I ever made for dinner was reservations.

Don't miss it, though. I've learned to really enjoy cooking.

Sean of the Thread
06-04-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm strapped so I was digging in my pantry and what not scrounging for something other than ramen noodles to eat. I made up a sauerkraut polish kielbasa stew of sorts... so damn good. Here is my poor people meal.

1 scrounged can of Sauerkraut.. not drained. (yum)
1 scrounged can of chicken stock.
1 lb sliced up and some cubed kielbasa.
1/4 scrounged old onion sliced and sauteed.. had to dig deep into the sucker to salvage the 1/4 worth. (wish I had more)
1 clove of garlic chopped and sauteed with the onions.
2 scrounged potatoes cubed
Buncha pepper.
Some Sazon Completa!

I basically brought that bad boy to a boil then let it simmer forever. DAMN IT WAS GOOD.

MMMmmmMMmmmm

Ravenstorm
06-04-2005, 10:11 PM
Anyone have a good moussaka recipe? I've been in the mood to make some and just bought and eggplant.

Raven

Tsa`ah
06-04-2005, 10:14 PM
I haven't had a good shepherd's pie in forever. It is, unfortunately, one of those things I've never tried to cook myself.

Tsa`ah
06-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Since Kuyuk shared his dinner fuck up, I'll share mine ... well my wife's.

I've refused dinner responsibility for the next week because the wife has been adamant about holding her family's reunion at our home tomorrow.

Her idea of cooking is out of the box/package. So tonight she decides processed chicken nuggets/popcorn chicken and fries will be dinner. She asks me which would be better, microwave, oven, or deep-fry. I told her deep fry if she's had any notion of the "meal" tasting like KFC.

So she sets two of my steel sauce pans on the stove top, dumps any kind of oil she can find into each. Vegetable, olive, canola ... doesn't matter ... and turns the burners up on high ... then walks away.

A few minutes later I smell burning oil, hear cursing, and a few minutes later ... tears.

Fuck me running.

She managed to give herself a small grease burn on her thumb when she dropped the first "nugget" into the oil. I turned off the burners, gave her some aloe and told her never to heat oil on high and that she had burnt the oil and probably ruined my sauce pans.

So tonight it was pizza that I had to fetch because we live 28 miles from the nearest pizza place and the wife's "injury" prevented her from driving.

From now on I'll just refuse holding a "dysfunction" convention at my home.