PDA

View Full Version : Empath build help

RaJu Denjik
01-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Looking to fixskills today worked on a new build but unsure if its right for what i am looking for. looking into dropping sword and board and using runestaff. I' am basing my build off of other healers stats I've seen but i just can't remember certain things that i am sure have already been explained to me 1,000 times let me know what you think trying to get it right this time heh. wasted enough coins already

Start stats
Strength (STR): 60
Constitution (CON): 100
Dexterity (DEX): 30
Agility (AGI): 30
Discipline (DIS): 60
Aura (AUR): 60
Logic (LOG): 60
Intuition (INT): 60
Wisdom (WIS): 100
Influence (INF): 100

Level: 24
Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 66 (23) ... 66 (23)
Constitution (CON): 100 (35) ... 102 (36)
Dexterity (DEX): 41 (-9) ... 46 (-7)
Agility (AGI): 41 (-9) ... 41 (-9)
Discipline (DIS): 72 (11) ... 72 (11)
Aura (AUR): 68 (4) ... 68 (4)
Logic (LOG): 72 (6) ... 72 (6)
Intuition (INT): 70 (10) ... 70 (10)
Wisdom (WIS): 100 (25) ... 102 (26)
Influence (INF): 100 (30) ... 102 (31)

this if for Train 24

Armor use....................8 Ranks
Physical Training...........24 Ranks
Arcane Symbols............24 Ranks
Magic Item Use.............24 Ranks
Harness Power..............36 Ranks
Spell Aiming..................48 Ranks
Mana Control: Spiritual....25 Ranks
Blessings......................35 Ranks
Transformation..............27 Ranks
Climbing.......................8 Ranks
Swimming.....................8 Ranks
Perception..................20 Ranks
First Aid.....................20 Ranks

Spells
Major............15
Minor............16
Empath..........24

Jace Solo
01-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Guessing your main goal is to be able to heal...while not sucking at hunting? Most empaths over train the empath circle so they can reduce healing times and increase their casting CS. What are you stats like?

Inspire
01-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Looking to fixskills today worked on a new build but unsure if its right for what i am looking for. looking into dropping sword and board and using runestaff. I' am basing my build off of other healers stats I've seen but i just can't remember certain things that i am sure have already been explained to me 1,000 times let me know what you think trying to get it right this time heh. wasted enough coins already

this if for Train 24

Armor use....................8 Ranks
Physical Training...........24 Ranks
Arcane Symbols............24 Ranks
Magic Item Use.............24 Ranks
Harness Power..............36 Ranks
Spell Aiming..................48 Ranks
Mana Control: Spiritual....25 Ranks
Blessings......................35 Ranks
Transformation..............27 Ranks
Climbing.......................8 Ranks
Swimming.....................8 Ranks
Perception..................20 Ranks
First Aid.....................20 Ranks

Spells
Major............15
Minor............16
Empath..........24

My advice to you would be to choose one path and go for it.

If you want sword and board, 1x Shield, CM and Edged and 2x spells, 1x Major, 1x Empath.

Pros: You can attack any creature.
Cons: You will need to spell tank for awhile.

If you want a runestaff build, 2x MMC, 2.5x spells, and 1x the other magic skills.

Pros: You will have a killer 1106.
Cons: You can only attack creatures with bones.

The easiest runestaff build IMO does not train above 1x in spell aim and instead focuses on 2x MMC and 2.5x+ spells.

For example:

1x AS
1x MIU
1x SA
2x HP
2x MMC
2x spells

You will have an amazing 1106 and only gain more power as you level.

Inspire
01-15-2011, 04:07 PM
Guessing your main goal is to be able to heal...while not sucking at hunting? Most empaths over train the empath circle so they can reduce healing times and increase their casting CS. What are you stats like?

I would suggest not getting lores until you are capped. At the earlier levels it costs less tps to 1x or 2x First Aid and eat herbs/use potions.

I've also found at lower levels the mana required to heal down wounds far exceeds what you're capable of storing/producing in a short time.

RaJu Denjik
01-15-2011, 04:11 PM

Basicly not that I do a ton of hunting more like collect dust in the square most days but i would like to be able to hunt when I feel like it and hold my own without dieing 30 times in a day

Stats updated Above

RaJu Denjik
01-15-2011, 05:54 PM
anymore builds / ideas ??

Nilandia
01-15-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm a big fan of flexibility in an empath build. Pumping up bone shatter is all well and good, but one trick ponies are boring for me, so I like to have other tools at my disposal. I build my caster empaths as hunters primarily, but in the end they turn out to be good healers as well. The lower levels are a bit rough, but that's only in terms of not having enough mana to hunt with. My ability to kill stuff has never been a problem.

I've taken Nilandia from upper 20's to level 71 in Plat with the same build, and this is where she stands. Right now she solos minotaurs and plane 1 with no problems. Her CS is excellent, but she also has the spell aim to take down things as needed. There are very few things she can't touch at this point. She's also good at healing, only getting hard RT when healing major scars.

I'd be more than happy to answer questions or post logs of her during a hunt if you'd like.

Nilandia (at level 71), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Physical Fitness...................| 171 71
Arcane Symbols.....................| 171 71
Magic Item Use.....................| 171 71
Spell Aiming.......................| 242 142
Harness Power......................| 242 142
Elemental Mana Control.............| 5 1
Mental Mana Control................| 171 71
Spirit Mana Control................| 171 71
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 171 71
Mental Lore - Telepathy............| 90 20
Mental Lore - Transformation.......| 152 52
Perception.........................| 120 30
Climbing...........................| 120 30
Swimming...........................| 120 30
First Aid..........................| 242 142

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 30

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 37

Spell Lists
Empath.............................| 92

Gretchen

Kithor
01-18-2011, 11:10 AM
I'm with Nilandia on flexibility. One major thing I did differently than what you have at lower level: I didn't 2x Harness Power or any Lores. 2x Harness Power is EXPENSIVE, so are extra ranks in lores. I relied heavily on wizard wands to supplement my hunting but consider the versatility that wands allow to be well worth it.

I also went 1x Summoning instead of Blessings like Nilandia did. Blessings has the scar removal which can be nice, but at lower ranks I never found it worth it and by the time I could reach the higher benefits from blessing ranks my 3x first aid was almost as good (and a LOT less points). Transformation lore is very helpful early if you heal a lot, but once I reached 0 RT for healing wounds (not scars) I started retraining anything over that into telepathy/manipulation for hunting.

RaJu Denjik
01-18-2011, 01:24 PM
i adopted Nilandia build with a bit of tweaking and her help and its been rocking thus far just need to work on the manna pool "Seem to run out pretty fast" other than that healing RT is tolerable when i am healing casting is working like a gem

Athgo
01-18-2011, 01:45 PM
I also went 1x Summoning instead of Blessings like Nilandia did. Blessings has the scar removal which can be nice, but at lower ranks I never found it worth it and by the time I could reach the higher benefits from blessing ranks my 3x first aid was almost as good (and a LOT less points). Transformation lore is very helpful early if you heal a lot, but once I reached 0 RT for healing wounds (not scars) I started retraining anything over that into telepathy/manipulation for hunting.

If you plan on going GoS, blessings is huge for returning stamina with 1107. Thats the only reason I train in blessings.

Kithor
01-18-2011, 03:39 PM
yeah, being in GoS definitely raises the usefulness of Blessing lore significantly, and on top of that we can 3x in PF.

Nilandia
01-18-2011, 03:43 PM
I've actually never seen a need to take blessings lore, even though I'm in Sunfist in Plat. Sigil of power is neat, but by the time I got it, my stamina regen was enough that I could use it at least twice a hunt without overdoing it. The trick for me was to use it steadily over the course of the hunt rather than just when I was running low.

Gretchen

Gibreficul
02-15-2011, 06:22 PM
Late to the party, but summoning lore is king for a bolting empath. Open up that web-bolt potential (20 ranks), and train for the extra effects of 1110. My capped empath has 101 summoning, 60 transformation, 20 telepathy, and 20 manipulation lore ranks. Web-bolt is their main setup, leaving any number of options to finish. 111, 1106, 1110, mostly for heavy damage spells.