PDA

View Full Version : The forces above smoke discount crack rocks.

04-25-2004, 04:10 AM
>SKILL FAQ

Blah-blah-blah, yes, yes, okay, cool man.

I *really* like the example of not unlearning/learning 302395 training points to turn a rogue picker into an enchanter, that makes sense, duh.

What's odd is that one of the mouth-watering benefits of GS4 was the ability to use the GOALS character manager, and I quote, using it "in-between trains for immediate benefits!"

That's mother-fucking awesome, instead of having to suck horse dick to get an LCI, we not have this wonderful bonus provided to us to make the wonderful butchered nostalgia-absent world of Gemstone much, much improved.

Oh, hehe, don't get me wrong, I understand the GMs "pimp-slapped-in-the-face-with-pinky-rings" snap back to reality and fixing the instant migration to provide more "fair" benefits post-January.

But I was much relieved today to read Kitrina's post: http://www.geocities.com/ladynilandia/training/tpoptimizing.htm
I like it because it explains a little more about how yes, once you have spent more than 80 TPs in a current level, that one should be punished by a migration of 0.0001 skill increase and decrease per pulse. I especially loved her feckin' absurd suggestion, whoops, fact to inform us that we could receive some uber-awesome benefits by just continuing to train in skills essential to our professions, just at least every TWO trains... or we can be rewarded by having a skill increase/decrease migration of a nano-point per pulse.

These GMs, no names mentioned, must have discovered some new kind of hallucinogen that hasn't even been given out to kids during lunch break from classes.

Sincerely,
-Stanley

Drew2
04-25-2004, 04:25 AM
:wtf:

Also, change your mood, dumbass.

Pallon
04-25-2004, 04:29 AM
A nano-point per pulse would actually be .000000001, which is a lot worse

04-25-2004, 04:39 AM
Sorry about that Tayre, it's just got me in a bad mood that it's said ASAP for one my my skills for a while, and 6/7/5 hours remaining to unlearn a rank in another one (have had that message for around 48 hours.)

Also, when I said nano-point per pulse, I was doing it in jest, but the recovery is still really, really dumb ... and bad.

HarmNone
04-25-2004, 04:42 AM
Fix the profile, Stanley. Just because you are angry does not mean the rest of us have to be!

HarmNone

04-25-2004, 04:44 AM
what?

HarmNone
04-25-2004, 04:46 AM
I sent you a U2U. Get all those TMs out of Mood in your freaking profile! They are throwing off peoples' browsers!

HarmNone

04-25-2004, 04:48 AM
MOTHERFUCK. LOL.. I get what Tayre meant, not my RL mood, but the one on this shitty ass site.

Lol, no I changed it babe, thanks *smooches*

Hope you punk's browsers work now :)

HarmNone
04-25-2004, 04:52 AM
Thank you, Stanley, from everyone on this "shitty ass" site. :rolleyes:

HarmNone...Tayre, you're safe

04-25-2004, 04:57 AM
:lol: Harmnone...

Everyone on this sight HASN'T thanked me yet.

I wonder why...? :D

Tsa`ah
04-25-2004, 05:47 AM
This is more of a mechanics complaint as apposed to a staff or policy complaint.

Moving

04-25-2004, 05:53 AM
Hey, Tsa'ah, my main man.

it is definately mechanics related, but some gm had the balls to post on about how it should be plausible and its kinda absurd.

http://www.geocities.com/ladynilandia/training/tpoptimizing.htm

edited for the GM's absurd post

[Edited on 4-25-2004 by Stanley Burrell]

Nieninque
04-25-2004, 06:11 AM
"...but requires that you do so wisely,"

Thats obviously the part that you will struggle with.

The skills migrator was never meant as an instant reallocator for as many times as you want for as long at you want. Its for tweaking, not cconstant and massive changes.

I used it for Snowy when I needed a little boost to her Brawling skills when she was doing pest control in the landing. Because I train her well for what she is doing, its not something I have had to do before. If I need a big change, I will use the fixskills. Little changes are possible without it.

And someone already made a thread about this not long ago.

And its a site, not a sight.

04-25-2004, 08:04 AM
I miss GS3..

And the kobold who smoked exploding cigars :cry:

Trinitis
04-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Stanley Burrell
I miss GS3..

And the kobold who smoked exploding cigars :cry:

That would be Stumps. For some reason, I have a feeling he spent most of his time killing you.

Skirmisher
04-25-2004, 02:17 PM
:lol: Harmnone...

Everyone on this sight HASN'T thanked me yet.

I wonder why...? :D

Because no one really wants to talk to you maybe.:yes:

Jonty
04-25-2004, 02:50 PM
I *really* like the example of not unlearning/learning 302395 training points to turn a rogue picker into an enchanter, that makes sense, duh.

Uhh.... WTF are you talking about? That FAQ doesn't say ANYTHING about a rogue picker.... It says lockpicker. And last time I checked, wizards can train in lockpicking.... So yeah, it does make sense, duh.

04-26-2004, 01:49 PM
anything that makes boxes open is a rogue

Trinitis
04-26-2004, 01:51 PM

Yeh, and anyone that follows your logic is a moron.

Next question?

04-26-2004, 02:23 PM
i saw a little girl opening up a box of lunchables, does that make her a rogue?

Trinitis
04-26-2004, 02:24 PM
i saw a little girl opening up a box of lunchables, does that make her a rogue?

No, it makes her hungry.

Jonty
04-26-2004, 02:59 PM

Yeah, okay, so then Wizards, Sorcerers, Bards, Rangers, Empaths, Clerics, and Warriors are rogues too since they can pop, blow up, or bash boxes open.

Yeah... :up:

04-26-2004, 04:25 PM
There's a little bit of rogue in all of us...
>eat lock
You try to eat your steel lockpick.

<--- Hungrier than a lunchables Rogue...