PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on sighting.

Hedensk
01-10-2011, 09:33 PM
So... what do you guys think about sighting? At what point in training do you think it becomes less necessary or ineffective? Would you use a sighted bow all the way to cap?

Kuyuk
01-10-2011, 09:35 PM
I set my sights on you baby.

Rawr.

Kitsun
01-10-2011, 09:38 PM
The lower you are, the better sighting is. If you're only 1x perception, sighting is pretty good. The closer you get to 2x or 3x perception, along with being closer to cap, the less it helps.

Accuracy is also dependent on whether you over hunt. If you're trying to nail things 7+ levels over, it will help too.

Praefection
01-10-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm not an expert by any means but I use a decently sighted bow with my ranger from level 25-ish to her current 32. I found it helped a lot when I was warcamping to the point that's all I would do and the increase in one shot kills made a huge difference compared to the normal bow I was using before.

Sharnath
01-10-2011, 11:46 PM
Just did a bit of testing on this subject.. I have a sephwir long bow that I use on a regular basis and before that an ipantor. I hunt open aim in Grimswarm camps and can't tell any difference between sephwir, ipantor, and a regular 5x bow. That being said, I am 88 trains and over 2x trained in perception.

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Warriorbird
01-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Depends on how you hunt.

AMUSED1
01-11-2011, 12:27 AM
It has been stated before by GM's that even if you are fully 3x trained in perception that sighting is still helpful above and beyond that.

Kitsun
01-11-2011, 12:57 AM
It has been stated before by GM's that even if you are fully 3x trained in perception that sighting is still helpful above and beyond that.

Helpful in the sense that your accuracy percentage still goes up but noticeably less than the bump you get at lower skill levels.