PDA

View Full Version : Wehnimer's Museum Renovations

Stry
01-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Just an FYI,

I don't have access at work to make a x-post. I'll do it later if nobody does.

GM Kenstrom has been incredibly active in the Landing as of late. He's got the Bathouse being rennovated and is currently in QC and is now starting the Museum with help from GM Jainna.

He'll be accepting donations of historical items and the like for the museum later on, so start digging in those lockers.

He's also working to get a few items from when Talisker was planning the same thing and recieved a few things donated back then.

All in all it's nice to see a few smaller projects getting done seeing as the bathhouse has sat almost completely worthless for however many years now.

MokiePrime
01-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Beat you to it, Stry!

Gathered before a small crowd outside of Moot Hall, while a light flurry of snow fell from the sky, Councilman Barnom Slim made an announcement regarding the Wehnimer's Landing Museum.

"It has been years since our museum was eviscerated under Mayor Stennis' watch, and many of our artifacts and works carted off to Teras. In an effort to continue his commitment to this town, despite recent false allegations, Lord Grishom Stone has generously offered to fund the renovation of the Wehnimer's Landing Museum! We look forward to what he has in store!"

When Councilman Barnom was questioned why Mayor Walkar did not make the announcement, he replied, "The Mayor was feeling under the weather, and we didn't want him out in this cold. With that in mind, I think I'll find a warm fireplace myself."

So, on an OOC note, with the new Bathhouse in QC and set for a Jan release, we're kicking off an epic renovation to the Wehnimer's Landing Museum. GM Jainna has agreed to do the majority of the heavy lifting on this project, and for that I give her endless thanks. She's already finished a handful of rooms and they are awesome. This project is very exciting because we feel it will proudly recapture and display the spirit of Wehnimer's Landing, past and present.

In addition, in the coming week or so, I will be announcing a window of opportunity for player-donated items, which will be displayed in the new museum along with your name on a plaque, if you so desire. Items we'll be looking for are unique, significant items that have a history to them, perhaps from special NPCs, or used during quests, storylines, etc. On top of that I also plan to run a contest soon allowing players to submit artwork designs, paintings, sculptures, etc, also for winners to be put on display. Those details will be released soon, once everything's approved.

Happy New Year!

-GM Kenstrom-
The First Male MHO Guru Ever
Wehnimer's Landing Guru

Stry
01-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Awesome, thanks!