PDA

View Full Version : Mid 50s hunting grounds?

Sean
01-05-2011, 05:05 PM
So my table picker is 54 now and I'm tired of picking boxes so what are some good hunting grounds in the 50s for a rogue. Particularly a 2x hiding rogue who trains in OHEs?

diethx
01-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Bonespear? If you can bless?

msconstrew
01-05-2011, 05:44 PM
I don't know if Bonespear is great for that. Eidolon are non-corporeal and therefore don't crit. The dybbuks and waerns do, but you'll find it difficult to fry off of them because they're upper 40s.

Thanatoph is probably the best for that age, and then the Blighted Forest in Illistim once you get a few more levels.

diethx
01-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Are they? I thought they were mid 50s and eidolons were 60 something. I haven't played in a long time though so you're probably right.

Sean
01-05-2011, 07:04 PM
I don't know if Bonespear is great for that. Eidolon are non-corporeal and therefore don't crit. The dybbuks and waerns do, but you'll find it difficult to fry off of them because they're upper 40s.

Thanatoph is probably the best for that age, and then the Blighted Forest in Illistim once you get a few more levels.

Yea I guess stone giants / trolls are certainly viable. I was just hoping to find something I didn't have to leg 1st (Dark Elf).

msconstrew
01-05-2011, 07:53 PM
I hear RR is quite wealthy and has some places to hunt, but I'm not familiar with it, so I can't give advice about it.

Blushy
01-05-2011, 09:17 PM
Yea I guess stone giants / trolls are certainly viable. I was just hoping to find something I didn't have to leg 1st (Dark Elf).
Don't leg them first; sweep them first. That way they won't fall on you.

mrjrd222
01-05-2011, 09:27 PM
I hear RR is quite wealthy and has some places to hunt, but I'm not familiar with it, so I can't give advice about it.

RR is nice yes, I posted a big write up on the officials about the citadel, but you'll need blesses for there. And the apprentices (54) are non corporeal. And there's a ton of shit that can kill you.

Maybe the Blighted Forest in Illi? Or are you looking more for stuff near WL?

Rhovan
01-06-2011, 03:11 AM
IceMule isn't bad either. Seekers are easy to crit and have good boxes to pick.

LeDru
01-06-2011, 11:35 AM
greater faeroths outside illistim are super squishy and you could probably do ogres in the black forest there real soon too. No bless needed and they both crit well.

msconstrew
01-06-2011, 11:45 AM
greater faeroths outside illistim are super squishy and you could probably do ogres in the black forest there real soon too. No bless needed and they both crit well.

This is quite true. Unfortunately, they are dirt poor unless you can skin.

Gibreficul
01-06-2011, 03:03 PM
lower-mid 50s, I did vor'taz and faeroths with Gib (underhunted a little). It was poor, but it was a means to an ends. Eventually I migrated into the blighted forest, wyneb, and fire mages...

BigWorm
01-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Gossamer Valley is also an option in EN. Madrinols are 52 and basically melon headed marmots that drop treasure. You'll need a fire or steam flaring weapon for slushes and morphs though and something big like a handaxe or falchion is better since you won't be getting many crit kills.

IorakeWarhammer
01-08-2011, 07:30 AM
blighted forest (ogres, boars, etc) the ogres are mean but they have soft heads.