PDA

View Full Version : Your Cool New Guild Skill

FinisWolf
04-24-2004, 06:41 AM
Sorcies!

Its great they finally did something with someones guild! I have no clue if oyur guild work is useful at all, but that is not the reason for my post.

I know that those that visit the official forums and post carry a bit more weight. So I ask you, one and all sorcies, to think about this suggestion, and if you agree with it, to please request that it gets done by the GM's.

The current audiance reps you do causes extreme amounts of screen scroll. For the viewer for sure, not sure what you see as the sorcie. Now, what the GM's did for the rogues was make it to where you could smith quiet. I think, IMHO, that this would be great for your audiance reps.

As a side note, possibly, fewer folks would stop crying about it.

It is an insane amount of scroll though. It takes up about 3/4ths of my screen, when the rep is done.

Anyway, thats my suggestion. I hoep that some/all of oyu agree, and will go request, or support the request on the official boards.

Finsiwolf

MPSorc
04-24-2004, 06:46 AM
ha ha ha, thats hilarious, glad im not joining the guild yet, at least not till they get a necro guild skill

Sean
04-24-2004, 07:10 AM
Rogues have the choice to smith quietly or not. I think it should be mandatory for sorcerers to get reps quietly. The scroll is insane.

MPSorc
04-24-2004, 07:46 AM
yeah and the funny part is there is like every sorcerer in the lands (cept me and maye a handfull of others of age) are training in it like mad so i can immagine what the park, TSC, and Voln centers look like.

Miss X
04-24-2004, 10:24 AM
It drives me fucking insane in the Dais when they do it OVER and OVER!!! :rant: The GMs seriously need to do something cos the screen scroll is crazy!

MPSorc
04-24-2004, 10:26 AM
isn't there a way to squelch out those messages or something?

FinisWolf
04-24-2004, 07:26 PM
So come on friends, go post on the official boards!

Onward Ho!

Finiswolf

AnticorRifling
04-24-2004, 07:42 PM
How do rogues get the option to "smith" quietly?

Edaarin
04-24-2004, 08:00 PM
>disarm help
USAGE:
DISARM {item}
Attempts to find a trap on a closed and locked container or door. If a trap has already been found on the item in question, and on no other item since, there is a window of opportunity of several minutes in which to attempt a removal of the trap. Some traps are dangerous to bystanders if detonated, so care should be taken when attempting this, especially within legal jurisdiction, as local law enforcement will arrest those who kill others, even unintentionally.

DISARM {player|creature}
When used on a player or creature, members of the Warrior Guild who have trained in the Disarm Weapon skill may attempt to knock a weapon from the target's hand.

DISARM QUIET
Suppresses the disarm process messaging for bystanders, displaying instead a generic demeanor-based message.

DISARM FULL
Gives bystanders messaging describing the disarm process.

Souzy
04-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Yeah they need to get rid of that crap! I hate the scrolling. I either do it at the guild or not. Well, I did do it at the park once, but I APOLOGIZED BEFORE I DID IT! I hate the scroll crap, it drives me nuts.

Bobmuhthol
04-24-2004, 09:02 PM
Yeah, and you never carry any coins for me to steal, either.

Stop being a poor sorcerer and be a rich empath that sits in the park with tons of coins, gems, and wands, plz.

Artha
04-24-2004, 09:48 PM
So come on friends, go post on the official boards!

Onward Ho!

Finiswolf

Link, plz.

Souzy
04-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Yeah, and you never carry any coins for me to steal, either.

Stop being a poor sorcerer and be a rich empath that sits in the park with tons of coins, gems, and wands, plz.

Haha...I never go to the park with coins on me. Maybe once in a blue moon when I'm too lazy, but, usually I never do. ;)

FinisWolf
04-25-2004, 05:24 AM
By Request, here is the link, I started it myself, I hope folks will support the request. Thank you in advance.

Finiswolf

https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=27&topic=3&message =1174

Edited because the link was wrong.

[Edited on 4-25-2004 by FinisWolf]

FinisWolf
04-25-2004, 05:27 AM
Damn I have alot of typos in that, I need more sleep!

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
04-27-2004, 01:12 AM
Ok, don't go post there, its a fucking trap! And at least one of you could of warned me that I would get slammed in the ass with a baseball bat for saying "sorcie".

Finiswolf

Deddalus Heartcast
06-01-2004, 03:14 PM
it coulda been worse... they could have used the fat end of the bat

Kitsun
06-01-2004, 03:25 PM
:lol:

I didn't go because I thought it was a trap!

But thats damn funny, Fini.

Halfsilver
06-01-2004, 05:15 PM
By the way....anyone happen to have a working script for Sorceror guild quick reps?

IM me at wolfee975 if you do. Thanks. =)

Faent
06-01-2004, 10:46 PM
Sorcerers are already aware of this problem and working to get it corrected. Kthx.

-Scott