PDA

View Full Version : feint 5

LizardClan1
12-29-2010, 12:50 AM
My paladin just trained to level 38, and was finally able to learn feint 5.

Now that I've maxxed out feint, I'm really ready to start using it. (I've delayed using it when I only knew feint 4 because I'm up-hunting.)

What are the best feint tactics? Do you feint immediately (i.e., stance offensive, and cman feint worker), or do you wait for the critter to swing first, and only then attempt the feint?

Thanks,
-LizardClan1
AIM: LizardClan1

Androidpk
12-29-2010, 12:55 AM
I usually cast 1615 or 1630, stance off, feint, ambush head.

Anebriated
12-29-2010, 01:00 AM
There is no point in feinting after a critter has swung at you. Im a warrior but the end result is the same. Feint when theres a creature you need to change the stance of or one that is prepping a spell that worries you so you can put it into RT.

dacatchman
12-29-2010, 04:42 PM
A tactic I enjoy is using Pious Trial first then feinting to stack the critter in RT. Some critters are "slow" to begin with, so using this on them can make them do virtually nothing while you pound the crap out of them.

Critters that dispel and cast on you are the primary targets for this.

On "regular" critters I either just let them swing on me once (if not zealoting) before attacking or while I zealot, i tend to feint immediately to avoid any wounds/damage.

Feint is win. If you get wpsec maxed too, you gain like +20 bonus on the roll, so it works seriously well on like level and even over level critters.

EDIT: My biggest annoyance with CMANs is you can't use them like INCANT for spells, you have to target something first.

I made a macro that works in 90% of situations... a simple: target random\r

You could obviously change the random to the critter type you currently hunt in order to focus them if they happen to be in the room.

Paradii
12-29-2010, 05:19 PM
Nevermind, read the post wrong.

Anebriated
12-29-2010, 05:21 PM
f => wtri feint \?

Androidpk
12-29-2010, 05:52 PM
or ;alias add f=cman feint \?

mrjrd222
12-29-2010, 06:10 PM
When I just type cman feint, I feint something just like incant would.

dacatchman
12-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Really? I guess I'm talking Stormfront's Maneuvers interface.. If you just push the cman button it says "Feint what?"

I have to target something. Yeah I guess I could just just macro cman feint instead of target random.

I guess I like to see what it is I'm about to feint... I dunno. I are teh weird.