PDA

View Full Version : in town rogue

MPSorc
04-23-2004, 02:30 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has tried a total picking rogue, that only picks boxes, no hunting or combat skills cept maybe a little shield use for defense to travel, i know it sounds weird and boring, but mainly for a role play aspect, picking boxes, sneakin around, smokin and jokin, liftin loot from pockets type rogue. If anyone does this or has any ideas could ya please post em or U2U me.

Wezas
04-23-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by MPSorc
I was just wondering if anyone has tried a total picking rogue, that only picks boxes, no hunting or combat skills cept maybe a little shield use for defense to travel, i know it sounds weird and boring, but mainly for a role play aspect, picking boxes, sneakin around, smokin and jokin, liftin loot from pockets type rogue. If anyone does this or has any ideas could ya please post em or U2U me.

Quite a few rogues that are high level with close to no fame. And they got there by picking. I assume the 3x picking, 3x disarm, 2-3x perception, at least 1x PT (till max, nasty traps take some blood). High mental stats including Wisdom. Not sure if Agility type of stats help in traps/picking.

gcstader
04-23-2004, 02:39 PM
you can make a rogue that's 3x picking/3x disarming/3x perception/3x pick pockets and still have room for 2x OHE/lmaybe 1x ambush/1x shield/1x armor. Haven't looked at the rogue training costs lately but seems very do able

~ Greg / Eldas

MPSorc
04-23-2004, 02:40 PM
well my rogue is anything but high level, just a tad over 20, but i figure i don't hunt him that much, have more fun opening boxes and talking to folks, would be best to just stick with that and make him a town rogue, he ever gets into a fight its going to be all hide and sneak.

MPSorc
04-23-2004, 02:42 PM
i think only 2x pick pockets, really not too interested in this one having any hunting ability really.

Bobmuhthol
04-23-2004, 02:43 PM
<<3x pick pockets>>

No, you can't.

Edaarin
04-23-2004, 03:20 PM
That's what Edaarin was for the first 48 or so levels prior to the first reallocation. 3x pick/disarm/percep/hide, 2x PP, and then the bare essentials for combat (2x OHE/ambush, 1x CM/PT/shield/armor). There were a LOT more people who needed boxes picked in the East Tower then though. Went through 3 or 4 post-160 pickers in there too, heh (Suvar, then Malok, then Drizzsdt) along with power pickers (Mxenna, Alysinia).

There are still some rogues that I have never seen venture outside of town, heh. I think I've only seen Kaiphos in the tower or in the guild, and I'm sure there are others that don't like hunting.

Sean
04-23-2004, 03:22 PM
Thats why Edaarins fame is le suck.

Edaarin
04-23-2004, 03:36 PM
#300 something on the fame list bitch

MPSorc
04-23-2004, 03:41 PM
actually im not interested in fame, but do like the role play which i was lookin hard at this char, but going to take me a while to get him done i think im not sure if i used my fix skill with him yet or not