PDA

View Full Version : Proof Ardwen is evil

Soulpieced
04-22-2004, 10:45 PM
Here's the real truth about Ydwen. You can choose to do with it as you please.

He is accused of high crimes by the Gamemasters of scamming them for box items, boxes, experience and silvers. His account is permanently banned and locked away on a private Simutronics account now.

Ydwen makes Sayzor look tame.

He constantly defamed people behind their back. And I mean everyone, including his family. Several times at tables he would bitch about people getting spells and what not from others, complaining bitterly that no warriors needed spells, blasting many legends about their spell slinging ability, then within minutes, he would be sucking up to these same people to get the spells he needed to hunt. ::rolls her eyes:: If you think you were his friend, you should seriously reconsider that friendship.

He would tie up the GM queues for HOURS, requesting this or that, items, boxes, silvers, experience. He had a constant assist. You wonder why the gods made box and item replacement null due to slowdowns and lag... point your fingers to Ydwen.

He was a "merchant stalker". Ydwen NEVER missed a merchant. He would script to get on lists, then sell the items he had done for obtuse amounts of silvers within hours of their completion. He would deliberately step into his locker during heavy slowdowns, hoping the game would crash, thereby duping the item placed in the locker. Since we know that lockers save immediately, but the item could still be on himself after the warp. More money for him, eh?

You have your list of people that don't deserve to be in the game for "power"ing... the same should hold true for "power sellers", which is what he did. He was also a power hunter... hunting things simply for money that he then hawked off. Oddly, according to my sources, he was flat broke and only had a few bard toys when he was locked away in his cell.

He sold silvers for real money, as well, used to powerhunt warcats and fire cats to the point where the gods started the flaming walls. He was one of the people responsible for the devaluing of skins.

There are rumors that people stole his things. This is a false rumor that was started by his bitch, Myssa/Leilannie. Yes, the same Leilannie that was blatantly cybering Traige on the open Amu-net just two days after Ydwen's departure. She must have really missed her husband, I do declare! And yes, I do have the log to prove it! Apparently, she was just as misled by his lies as the rest of the lands, thinking he had things that he did not. He used to claim that he was "feared" because he was "Brutally rich". He was entirely too full of himself. Yes, perhaps he was rich in the heaping mounds of BS he spewed to others. Get your hip boots out, Petunia!

The skinny of the situation is this... Ydwen belongs on the top 10 snert list same as the other 9 you have listed. The man is scum, pure and simple. May the "Great Merchant Ydwen" (his own term, mind you)rot in the bowels of Sheru's Claws.

Bobmuhthol
04-22-2004, 10:51 PM
:down:

Soulpieced
04-22-2004, 10:53 PM
LOL. It's a clip from the old anti-gemstone site.

Latrinsorm
04-22-2004, 10:53 PM
Who the hell is Ydwen? :noob:

Soulpieced
04-22-2004, 10:54 PM
Ardwen's previous PC.

Kitsun
04-22-2004, 10:54 PM
Yeah thats what I was confused about...

Does
Ardwen = Ydwen

Edaarin
04-22-2004, 10:57 PM
Dunno where all that came from...not really sure what to make of it, but even were it true (I seriously doubt the veracity of most anything from the anti Gemstone site, but I wasn't really around back then), my characters are friendly with both people defamed in that diatribe. Nothing they've done or said in the 8 or so months have done in the 8 or so months I've known them would suggest that they're capable of anything of the sort.

So...I'll just stand by my assertion that they're good people.

DeV
04-22-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
LOL. It's a clip from the old anti-gemstone site. That site has some hilarious write ups on characters.

Soulpieced
04-22-2004, 10:58 PM
Most content from the website was from the timeframe circa 1998.

J-Tech
04-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Ya, thats why i wanted to bring he site back, it helps me feel more like i'm back in the old days when i was in my first few years of GS and it was alot more exciting than it is now.

J.T.

Parkbandit
04-22-2004, 11:27 PM
Ydwen = Ardwen < Falgrin

It's simple math folks.

GSTamral
04-22-2004, 11:30 PM
I remember Issigrii almost banning me over the theft of Ydwen. 2 warnings in under a minute for calling out the scum that stole his character and items.

Xcalibur
04-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Url, please?

Anebriated
04-23-2004, 12:39 AM
Heh, maybe its just the fact that most of you have been around for longer than i have but alot of this is foreign to me...

Fengus
04-23-2004, 01:27 AM
How does someone steal a character and items?

Ardwen
04-23-2004, 04:49 AM
Heh of all the crap to find and repost Soupie you had to find that junk? Amazing I was so evil yet never once got even a simple verbal warning, let alone an official one. Did get one once for threatening to deed a snert in front of Kennesaw thoug, course that was after said snert sat at the table we were at for more then three hours insulting all of us, all because I wouldnt fall for some scam when they tried to say they werent allowed to use the exchange verb because they had abused it. 3 hours of 7 or 8 people reporting before the GMs removed the tool. wish I had that log was pretty damned funny.

I do admit that yep I indeed did assist after the crashes and hour long time warps, of course everyone did back then if the circumstances demanded it (shrug)

Ardwen
Dweller in the Past

Nakiro
04-23-2004, 05:51 AM
So why exactly did they ban your first PC Ardwen?

TheRoseLady
04-23-2004, 06:21 AM
What good could possibly be gained by posting such a thing SP?

I don't know whether to roll my eyes, or just write you off permanently as a kid in college that lacks even the most basic common sense.

That was a very painful experience for Ardwen's player to lose that character, and to lose him to people he once trusted. So again I ask, what good comes from dredging up such garbage?

-TRL :mad:

peam
04-23-2004, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by TheRoseLady
What good could possibly be gained by posting such a thing SP?

I don't know whether to roll my eyes, or just write you off permanently as a kid in college that lacks even the most basic common sense.

That was a very painful experience for Ardwen's player to lose that character, and to lose him to people he once trusted. So again I ask, what good comes from dredging up such garbage?

-TRL :mad:

To expose the truth. Duh.

Lighten up.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-23-2004, 08:05 AM
I played back then, didn't know Ardwen/Ydwen really, cept through the net and such.

Someone had an axe to grind, I could write the same for just about anyone here, taking rumors and outright lies and elaborating on them.

He's a good guy, as is his wife. I think you'd be pressed to find someone as nice and believe it or not, giving, as those two.

Nakiro
04-23-2004, 08:07 AM
Heh,

I really don't have a problem with it either way. Its an Anti-GS3 site. They don't make anyone look good.

LordSagan
04-23-2004, 08:28 AM
WTF, how did I get dragged into this?

peam
04-23-2004, 08:34 AM
Because you're the devil. :P

LordSagan
04-23-2004, 09:24 AM
Well yea, there is that...

Myshel
04-23-2004, 09:27 AM
Bah Soupie, you should have posted all the replies to that post, thats where it got really gossipy. You missed half the good stuff.
:lol:

crazymage
04-23-2004, 09:43 AM
omg myshel cybers!!!

Soulpieced
04-23-2004, 10:16 AM
TRL, it was a joke. Look what folder this is in and where the content was gotten from...

TheEschaton
04-23-2004, 12:55 PM
How does someone steal a character and items?

Hacking Gemstone wasn't/isn't unheard of. It's hard(er) to conceal it, though.

-TheE-

Ardwen
04-23-2004, 05:43 PM
Look at that a 6 year old thread about me and I'm still hot hot hot!

All in all never trust anyone! Especially people named Sergey.......

And you of all people should know better then to believe everything you read Sergey.

Ardwen
Amused Dweller in the Past

TheRoseLady
04-23-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
TRL, it was a joke. Look what folder this is in and where the content was gotten from...

Yeah I missed the folder, which explains alot.

I apologize for being so harsh. Ardwen and Myshel's players are very close personal friends of mine- It's just my nature to defend people that I care about.

-TRL

Parkbandit
04-23-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by TheRoseLady
Yeah I missed the folder, which explains alot.

I apologize for being so harsh. Ardwen and Myshel's players are very close personal friends of mine- It's just my nature to defend people that I care about.

-TRL

Soupie said Falgrin was a jerk... and it made me sad. :sniffle:

LordSagan
04-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Hacking Gemstone wasn't/isn't unheard of. It's hard(er) to conceal it, though.

Player accounts have never been "hacked" from a Simu server. The account database does not even link to the game. The game itself has been hacked one time, however. Someone turned one of the ASCII art images in the museum in Kelfour's into Bart Simpson saying something to David Whatley. I don't remember what it said, though.

Ever instance of a "hacked" account I have ever investigated has been the result of the player sharing their password, having an easily guessed password or "giving" their password to someone else when they type it in (someone watching or someone logging it).

Hacking an account database is not as easy as you think, as many of them do not connect directly to the internet so you cannot access them to get information from them. They only accept information and return with a "true/false" answer, telling the web server to either allow or disallow access based on the information it provided being correct or not. That's not as technical as it all is, but I've been up almost 24 houfs ;)

TheRoseLady
04-23-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Soupie said Falgrin was a jerk... and it made me sad. :sniffle:

C'mere let me kiss it.....and you'll feel allll better :aww: