PDA

View Full Version : WTF - Why are people just assholes to be assholes?

J-Tech
04-22-2004, 06:56 PM
So i'm hunting mares/steeds my internet connection goes down, i log back in and i'm dead, the start of a bad day, so now i goto the park, spelling up, invisible, and Zimzum dispells my invis, so i cast it again and he dispells again purposely, i aske dhim to stop go invis, he dispells, i'm like WTF, so i start getting mad, go invis again, he dispells again, so i e-wave, now i get arrested and have a 300k fine, try going to ice mule to get the silvers, die cause i have no gear...i got about 30 minutes left to get my shit but you know what, fuck it. I dont care, the constable can fucking have it. i just dont understand why Zimzum decided to make my day worse when i dont even know the guy.

J.T.

Edaarin
04-22-2004, 06:57 PM
Want me to spot you the silver? Tried your IM you listed but it's not signed on.

Souzy
04-22-2004, 06:57 PM
Awwww you should've IMed me, I would've lent it to you. Zimmy's a fun character. Sucks that he had to piss you off. :(

Anebriated
04-22-2004, 06:58 PM
I swear if i have to tell you one more time to take my leathers and runestaff and run for silvers you will be getting raised when your time runs out...

FinisWolf
04-22-2004, 06:58 PM
For some, its their pleasure to see you suffer, and react in just the manner that you did.

Sorry you are having a crappy day, perhaps it will get better.

Finiswolf

J-Tech
04-22-2004, 07:00 PM
I'm on my way to ice now for the silvers...about the screen name: I'm signed on jtstilez right now, talking with Elrodin, if you tried to IM the screen name under the lil AIM picture on our posts, its not that SN its hte one in my signature.

J.T.

Sean
04-22-2004, 07:00 PM
He could also just decay and take the 1k exp hit since he doesn't have the silvers yet and when hes in mule grab a few extra k and get some gear to live on the way back.

Anebriated
04-22-2004, 07:05 PM
Hes gonna pull out. He died on the glacier so when he departed he came back to the landing where i finally convinced him to take my gear and spells and run his ass to icemule. He should be alright, not too sure how much time is left but hes on his way back from mule now.

J-Tech
04-22-2004, 07:12 PM
Well i got my fine paid.

J-Tech
04-22-2004, 07:19 PM
So who can i hire to kill Zimzum in my name? :)

J.T.

J-Tech
04-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Figure i'd post the ewave log:

You gesture.
A wave of dark ethereal ripples moves outward from you.

There are screams of terror as townspeople frantically try to scramble out of the way of the wave. A mother snatches up her young child just in time for both to be knocked to the ground by the onslaught. You hear other voices shouting, "Someone help us!"

Phnordson is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Luccas is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Jaddi is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Fhik is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Nirre is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Litim is forced out of hiding as he is knocked to the ground by the dark ethereal waves.
Syyre is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Hevinsbane is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Quilliam is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Crimsoneve is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Banetekk is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Winnoa is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Basso is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves.
Kenyadaa is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Bazkel is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Kyrthos is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Ryilar is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Stalkerkin is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Makharkan is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Rajirita is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Kialara is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Cerner is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Myyre is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Volidia is forced out of hiding as she is knocked to the ground by the dark ethereal waves.
Usaia is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Strangiato is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves, and is knocked to the ground.
Zurton is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves.
Melime is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves.
Crippen is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves.
[Spell re-prepared]
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

DeV
04-22-2004, 07:27 PM
damn.. you kinda knocked over alot of fuckin' people.
glad you got that fine paid.. 300k is kinda steep.. why so high?

Hulkein
04-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Heh, the EWave didn't get him either.

Anebriated
04-22-2004, 07:35 PM
[Spell re-prepared]

Im guessing he entered cast two or three times and got hit for each instance, not sure on that though.

J-Tech
04-22-2004, 07:37 PM
Nah, the rapidfire was for something else, i only ewaved 1 time.

J.T.

crazymage
04-22-2004, 07:48 PM
hahaha go Zim

J-Tech
04-22-2004, 07:54 PM
Why do you insist in comeing to every topic that something bad happens to me and laughing at my situation? I havnt said anything to you in weeks and you still insist on comeing in here and saying something to me, even tho i asked you not to. What is your problem sergey?

J.T

BroVod
04-22-2004, 08:42 PM
Actually you ewaved twice, the first ewave didn't knock me over or out me being invisibile...you should post the rest of the log where you were screaming in the park in all CAPS LIKE THIS GOING WHY DID YOU DO THAT......:sniffle:
I don't care if you are having a bad day. You got finned because you ewaved twice, you died because you tried to run to icemule without gear..none of that is my fault. As to why i dispelled you, well I was having a bad day, and dispelling invisibility cheers me up

zim

Souzy
04-22-2004, 08:44 PM
Awwww play nice Zimmy. BTW, your sig. makes me crack up. :lol:

J-Tech
04-22-2004, 08:49 PM
Also i only remember ewaving 1 time, and i was yelling in caps cause i got arrested for ewaving which i did because oyu get dispelling my invis while i was trieng to spell up, thus this all happend in return because fo you.

J.T.

J-Tech
04-22-2004, 08:51 PM
Any ways, your a fucking twat for being an asshole when i dont even know you and all i was doing was trieng to spell up. I hope you get really bad fucking karma and a semi falls on you.

J.T.

Kitsun
04-22-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by J-Tech
Any ways, your a fucking twat for being an asshole when i dont even know you and all i was doing was trieng to spell up. I hope you get really bad fucking karma and a semi falls on you.

J.T.

Couple points...

Why didn't you just move away from the area where he was dispelling you if it was obvious he wasn't going to stop?

Wouldn't it have been relatively easy to come back say two minutes later when he stopped dispelling? After all he can't tell when/how you move around when your invisible.

If all you really wanted to do was spell up: Why not move to a table?

Isn't it against policy Mr. Staff Member to wish someone getting killed?

J-Tech
04-22-2004, 09:02 PM
I didnt wish death, i wish a semi would fall on him...theres a difference. :)

FinisWolf
04-22-2004, 09:05 PM
:oops:

Parkbandit
04-22-2004, 09:07 PM
You don't get a 300K fine for ewaving once.
You don't get a 300K fine for ewaving twice.
You don't get a 300K fine for ewaving thrice.

To get a 300K fine for using ewave.. you have to be doing something pretty wrong. Hell, I've killed 4 or 5 people in town (on accident) and my fines aren't even that high.

J-Tech
04-22-2004, 09:08 PM
I'm tellin ya, I only ewaved one time...

J.T.

Anebriated
04-22-2004, 09:16 PM
You do get higher fines for past crimes...

BroVod
04-22-2004, 09:47 PM
My friend in high school had this saying "Why don't you cry about it saddle bags"

Hulkein
04-22-2004, 09:52 PM
Was your friend Ace Venture?

J-Tech
04-22-2004, 09:53 PM
I bet your friend in high school was a fuckin pussy that got tea-bagged by the foot ball team while you watched your girl get fucked by the school mascot.

BroVod
04-22-2004, 10:11 PM
You're still crying about it....you make it much more enjoyable for me when you lash out like this, i hope you know...keep it comming, your school yard antics are amusing

BroVod
04-22-2004, 10:11 PM
oh, and fix that lame ass tag...atleast if its gonna be a tag, it should look good

J-Tech
04-22-2004, 10:15 PM
Man, I'm not evne in school so I dont know what your talking about school yard antics.

J.T.

Sirinna
04-22-2004, 10:22 PM
geeze cool it you guys...

Kitsun
04-22-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Sirinna
geeze cool it you guys...

:lol:

Anyone else find it funny that a regular user has to tell a staff member to cool it?

What an odd turn of events...

J-Tech
04-22-2004, 10:35 PM
Bah, I'm not breaking policy, I should have a right to argue with the guy. :)

J.T.

DCSL
04-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Well, I've seen people be assholes just to be assholes, aside from this situation (and yes, I think 'Zimmy' was deliberately being an ass, although the other may have been too...) It seems to be a trend. It's cool to be an asshole. It's a popularity boost when you break someone down. Dunno, might just be me (seeing it, not doing it!)

Love, people. Make it about the love.

Fengus
04-23-2004, 02:37 AM
Naa its fucking sad is what it is, sad and petty. Zim you aint got nothing better to do than be an ass. You aren't even being a witty ass like Falgrin, I guess thats cause you aint got any funny skills.

And btw the bright ones with all the ideas, tables are almost allways filled in the landing, and especially Thraks and Wayside. Wizards invis because if they don't they get pestered constantly for spells, some people like that and don't invis, other hate it.

Nakiro
04-23-2004, 03:01 AM
Zimzum - Try not to be an ass because it makes you feel good. Especailly when someone asks you directly to stop. If you keep doing it, you're just being an ass.

J-Tech - Come on man, learn some conflict management skills. Don't blame anyone but yourself for doing stupid shit, like not wearing armor or ewaving the park. Next time, just move west and finish there. The niche is also a node.

This is the most retarded thing to be petty over. You should both get over yourselves and appologize.

Scott
04-23-2004, 03:18 AM
J-tech, you need to learn to relax. Seriously, you bitch constantly about stupid shit..... You sound like a woman.

It's really simple, Zimzum was being an asshole. Oh well, nothing you can do. Just you like you aren't breaking "policy" on the boards, he wasn't breaking "policy" in GS. It was REALLY simple to fix the problem. You could have moved to a table, it's a node, it's private, and Zimzum can't come to the table so you're fine. Instead, you ewave knocked everyone else down who had nothing to do with it, making you a bigger ass then him..... and you STILL didn't knock him down. Personally, I think you were the bigger asshole in this fight.

Kitsun
04-23-2004, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Fengus
And btw the bright ones with all the ideas, tables are almost allways filled in the landing, and especially Thraks and Wayside. Wizards invis because if they don't they get pestered constantly for spells, some people like that and don't invis, other hate it.

Well wow, two out of three inns full. Why not try Friths!

If you really don't want to be pestered for spells, then why not avoid casting in public entirely?

Seriously though J-Tech, you complain that Zim ruined your day by dispelling your invisibility, yet you didn't bat an eyelash at knocking over about 25 people. I counted at least two people you ganked out of hiding.

Zimzum may be an ass but you weren't all cake and cookies either.

Scott
04-23-2004, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by Kitsun

Isn't it obvious? It's much better to knock down 25 people that had NOTHING to do with it and bitch about a 300k fine!

Joxter
04-23-2004, 08:24 AM
Im sorry I missed that interesting incounter in the park. I wouldve spotted ya the 300k for your fine.

longshot
04-23-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by J-Tech
Also i only remember ewaving 1 time, and i was yelling in caps cause i got arrested for ewaving which i did because oyu get dispelling my invis while i was trieng to spell up, thus this all happend in return because fo you.

J.T.

Nice way to deflect blame.

You could have just as easily gone someplace else.

You threw a hissy fit and got punished for it.

YOU ewaved. Nobody forced you to.

If someone pisses you off in real life, do you just go crazy, do whatever, and start yelling and telling people to fuck off?

Wait... don't answer that... we already know the answer.

It must suck when your fantasy game resembles your real life.

GTFU

Pierat
04-23-2004, 11:15 AM
"I bet your friend in high school was a fuckin pussy that got tea-bagged by the foot ball team while you watched your girl get fucked by the school mascot."
omg, way harsh but damn funny.
Anyhow, Pierat dispells inviso everyonce in a while at voln when someones spelling up, but only when hes had a issue with someone, or a friend has someone after em ;)

Fengus
04-23-2004, 01:15 PM

And btw the bright ones with all the ideas, tables are almost allways filled in the landing, and especially Thraks and Wayside.

If you really don't want to be pestered for spells, then why not avoid casting in public entirely?

Here's a better idea, suck my ass. With the exception of tables most all nodes are public. In the landing especially tables are usually always full, even Friths. However, this being a social game I don't feel it necessary to go closest my self up.

Any BTW the original actions were silly I don't even care about what happened afterwards. And leaving the scene is not always an acceptable answer. Also this is why the landing is such a pile of garbage, because too many people left and let the infants in charge.

AnticorRifling
04-23-2004, 02:42 PM
Also this is why the landing is such a pile of garbage, because too many people left and let the infants in charge.

That and the slammers.

HarmNone
04-23-2004, 03:23 PM
\ Also this is why the landing is such a pile of garbage, because too many people left and let the infants in charge.

This would be because the PTB will not control the infants. If there was some measure of control that people could count on to get rid of the idiots, a lot of people might come back. However, there is not.

HarmNone

Kitsun
04-23-2004, 05:16 PM

And btw the bright ones with all the ideas, tables are almost allways filled in the landing, and especially Thraks and Wayside.

Here's a better idea, suck my ass. With the exception of tables most all nodes are public. In the landing especially tables are usually always full, even Friths. However, this being a social game I don't feel it necessary to go closest my self up.

Anyone would find that to be an impossible task with your head lodged so far up your anus.

He didn't even try to go to a table, he quick-casted ewave for a fine.

If his intention was to be social, he wouldn't have been casting invisibility.

TheEschaton
04-23-2004, 05:47 PM
Ummmm, if the guy was just spelling up, Zimzum initiated the assholishness by dispelling his invisibility for no reason.

And his fine was high due to the proportion of people it affected, probably. Cause I've committed two murders in the past day in town, and the second one got me a 75k fine.

-TheE-

04-28-2004, 05:51 PM
Zimzum = band member of Marilyn Manson

- Arkans

Galleazzo
04-29-2004, 08:26 AM
I dunno, I guess no matter the provocation, Major E-waving the Park is a fucking stupid thing to do. How many enemies you make just because some asshat was playing you?