PDA

View Full Version : Dhu Groups

FinisWolf
04-22-2004, 04:09 AM
Just curious, are there any Dhu groups for the quests on the Dhu forming?

If so, any groups willing to take a train 44 Warrior, and a train 34 Empath? Neither of us have ever been involved in any quests, and would like to fully enjoy the experience.

We will be on the first flight.

Maybe make this folder a group forming party. :)

Finiswolf

Ardwen
04-22-2004, 04:45 AM
There even enough people signed up yet to form a group?

Ardwen

FinisWolf
04-22-2004, 05:23 AM
How many need to be in a group Ardwen? I seriously have no idea how it works. So, I will also be learning as folks post back here.

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
04-22-2004, 05:26 AM
TICKETING INFORMATION
The Continuing Voyages of the Dhu Gillywack
185 of 320 tickets remaining
Starts on: 05/21
Showtime: 09:30 PM (ET)
Ticket Price: $72.00

Thats 115 tickets that have been sold. As of 2:22 am PST.

Finiswolf

LordSagan
04-22-2004, 07:32 AM
72 bucks for an in-game event.

Fucking insane....

HarmNone
04-22-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by LordSagan
72 bucks for an in-game event.

Fucking insane....

Heh. I agree, Sagan. Yet, it looks like the market will bear it. :)

HarmNone

FinisWolf
04-22-2004, 01:44 PM
Groups folks, groups...

Talk to me...

Finiswolf

TheEschaton
04-22-2004, 01:45 PM
If someone's willing to fund me, I'll go with you, Finis. I was on the first Dhu, like 2 or three years ago, it was fun. Just as long as you don't butt in on my quest for the gold in the Tall Tales category.

-TheE-

FinisWolf
04-27-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
If someone's willing to fund me, I'll go with you, Finis. I was on the first Dhu, like 2 or three years ago, it was fun. Just as long as you don't butt in on my quest for the gold in the Tall Tales category.

-TheE-

Tall tale, you win, no butting in there from me. :P

Finiswolf

AnticorRifling
04-27-2004, 11:11 AM
There still tickets for the Dhu?

Kitsun
04-27-2004, 11:44 AM
175 tickets still left as of this morning.

Caipre
04-27-2004, 12:00 PM
So I guess if you aren't rich going on the Dhu for the merchants isn't worth it, eh? A couple hundred K isn't gonna get you anywhere?

Kitsun
04-27-2004, 12:02 PM
Actually as far as merchants go...the GM's behind them can peek into you and see if you are really broke so they can adjust prices accordingly. Also, players tend to be cool about it and offer to pay for whole batches of people.

You might find yourself wishing you had more coins because some merchants work on shop specific stuff and thats how you get nailed though...

FinisWolf
04-29-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Kitsun
Actually as far as merchants go...the GM's behind them can peek into you and see if you are really broke so they can adjust prices accordingly. Also, players tend to be cool about it and offer to pay for whole batches of people.

You might find yourself wishing you had more coins because some merchants work on shop specific stuff and thats how you get nailed though...

<-- One of those that pays for whole groups. At least until Tsin comes in begging for someone to pay for him... DoRk!

!!! Oengus is another BIG name that pays for whole groups !!!

Finiswolf

Ardwen
04-29-2004, 08:32 PM
Heh I've paid millions to get works for folks, generally anonymously, it saves so much time paying off the merchant, and whats a few hundred kay really

Unlikely to see me on the Dhu though, first event I'll have missed since ebons 99, and I know I can afford to go.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Ardwen
Sure I'll pay increased account fees you just lose me on the events

FinisWolf
04-29-2004, 08:59 PM
Thats too bad Ardwen, because sometimes you bring an interesting aspect to the events. Not to mention being rich as fuck! :lol:

Also, on another note here, I can't tell you how many times I have offered to pay for a group, and the merchant whispers back; "Someone has already paid for this group."

Finiswolf

Mistomeer
04-29-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Ardwen
Heh I've paid millions to get works for folks, generally anonymously, it saves so much time paying off the merchant, and whats a few hundred kay really

Unlikely to see me on the Dhu though, first event I'll have missed since ebons 99, and I know I can afford to go.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Ardwen
Sure I'll pay increased account fees you just lose me on the events

That sucks man. I know I've benefited from your millions at merchants. Of course, you could always sell about 5 mil and cover the expense of the Dhu.

Kitsun
04-29-2004, 10:01 PM
I would think he's chosen not to go simply on the principle of the matter. Even selling silvers for the event fee would undermine the symbolic gesture.

FinisWolf
04-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Kitsun
I would think he's chosen not to go simply on the principle of the matter. Even selling silvers for the event fee would undermine the symbolic gesture.

True. And I agree. It does sound like he made the choice based on their price hikes. Still too bad you are not going Ardwen.

Finiswolf

Galleazzo
04-30-2004, 12:29 PM
Yeah, pretty much. I got the jack to go if I wanted, btu fuck? SEVENTY BUCKS FOR A FEW HOURS AT A GAME???

FinisWolf
05-02-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
Yeah, pretty much. I got the jack to go if I wanted, btu fuck? SEVENTY BUCKS FOR A FEW HOURS AT A GAME???

A few hours? Thats it? Lots and lots of caffine and about 23 hours a day, everyday that its open.

GS, one of my last bad habits. Pepsi is another. And I have smoking that I want to quit, but its harder to quit then friggin GS. I suppose three bad habits isn't bad.

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
05-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Tap tap..., this thing on?

Finiswolf

~Still hunting folks to team up with on the Dhu~

Artha
05-05-2004, 10:27 PM
GS, one of my last bad habits. Pepsi is another. And I have smoking that I want to quit, but its harder to quit then friggin GS. I suppose three bad habits isn't bad.

Solution: Quit smoking, and use the saved money to justify going to the pay events.

AnticorRifling
05-05-2004, 11:17 PM
I'm still debating paying for someone to go just so someone gets the chance to have fun at the event. I wanted to go but my life is so hectic with work, building the house, etc that I can hardly log in lately.

Let me know via u2u and I'll decide who I'm sending. All I want is a few alters in return (Anticor needs boots, and his naginata altered and the rogue could use an alter on his armor and maybe shield/weapon.)

Bear in mind I don't want you to spend all your time/effort on me I just want one or two alters done just because I rarely get to be around for merchants.

I'm going to base my decision on knowing you, knowing you will appreciate the gift of going, and that's pretty much it.

Syberus
05-05-2004, 11:36 PM
That's crazy generous man (and no i don't want to go so i'm not kissing your ass)

AnticorRifling
05-05-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Syberus
That's crazy generous man (and no i don't want to go so i'm not kissing your ass)

I don't want my ass kissed. At least not by you...

I just had the money set aside to go to this and then life got hectic to the point that I'm just to tired to log in so might as well let someone have fun right?

Syberus
05-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Just didn't want you to think I had hidden motives to calling you a nice guy... sorry.

Sirinna
05-06-2004, 12:30 AM
TICKETING INFORMATION
The Continuing Voyages of the Dhu Gillywack
185 of 320 tickets remaining
Starts on: 05/21
Showtime: 09:30 PM (ET)
Ticket Price: $72.00

That's like more then 1 week rent money for a nice 2 room townhouse!!
God damn crazy in my opinion

FinisWolf
05-07-2004, 02:43 PM
<-- aleady going, and I agree with Syberus, thats just very generous! Let the "I am your friend" commence now.

<-- Off Topic: Using a Mac at school..., FUCK! I hate Mac's!

Finiswolf

Chyrain
05-08-2004, 10:18 AM
<-- going. lots of money, i don't care. whatever...just want to have a good time with people who aren't complete dildos.

Kitsun
05-08-2004, 11:44 AM
LOL

I guess you're going to the right place to avoid dildos but there will be idiots in endless streams lady.

FinisWolf
05-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Well, guess I should give up on creating a group for the events.

O well, it was a thought.

Finiswolf

05-09-2004, 03:18 AM
Your still a tool anticor :P

that is cool tho

Chyrain
05-09-2004, 11:40 AM
I posted saying that I was going and wanted to have a good time because I was volunteering, Finis. I know another guy who rocks at rp and is going too. Look me up...we can get something going.

FinisWolf
05-10-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Chyrain
I posted saying that I was going and wanted to have a good time because I was volunteering, Finis. I know another guy who rocks at rp and is going too. Look me up...we can get something going.

O! Cool, I missed it, sorry. Shooting a u2u if my comp gets going, I need to reboot, its been days since my last reboot.

Finiswolf

FinisWolf
05-18-2004, 05:41 AM
Ok friends, with the Dhu rolling in this weekend, I thought I would bring this back to the forefront of the discussions. For whatever reasons. And in advance, I want to wish all that are going a great time!

Finiswolf

Miss X
05-18-2004, 05:52 AM
I'm going! I wasn't gonna but my bank balance is looking healthy lately so I thought I might as well. I blame Taylir though, for convincing me to go! I really want to get into the quests cos although I like merchant things, I get bored chasing them. I hope theres some great RP going on cos I've noticed a lack of it in GS lately and I was starting to wonder why I still played! :)

[Edited on 18-5-04 by Miss X]

FinisWolf
05-18-2004, 05:55 AM
RP? RP? Whats RP?

This is NOT a RP game, sorry. I think the real folks tend to go to the events (in general), and I usually end up engaged in something interesting, which is a huge reason why I want to be involved in each of the quests that will be occuring.

Finiswolf