PDA

View Full Version : Skill migration. Piece of sh--

Edaarin
04-21-2004, 08:50 PM
Heh, another migration complaint.

I was unlearning 15 ranks of MIU and picking up another spell. About 50k exp and one level later (I had accumulated 100 PTP's at this point from exp), I checked back in and picked up 2 ranks of weapon skills, CM, etc etc.

So now, it leaves me with ASAP for learning said ranks. What the hell? I thought migration was supposed to be instantaneous with new training points from exp.

Bobmuhthol
04-21-2004, 08:55 PM
I'm not going to go into it, and this may not be entirely correct, but:

The reason your skills aren't going up is because you're migrating skills, which gives you TPs, and in some cases it takes away TPs as well to gain ranks. When you're migrating, your TPs go into the first thing(s in some cases) that you trained in first. The rest of your skills are pretty much in a queue and will go up when your current migration is complete.

J-Tech was wondering the same thing not too long ago.

J-Tech
04-21-2004, 09:00 PM
I made a post about this a couple days ago.

Heres the link:
http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=6216

J.T.

[Edited on 4-22-2004 by J-Tech]

04-21-2004, 09:05 PM
in the future after you train go into goals and then set it without changing anything, it always does the skill that takes the least tp's first, so if you train in other things and run it, the spell will be the last thing to go.

Edaarin
04-21-2004, 11:57 PM
Heh, that's not what I was asking.

Other skills, which are cheaper, are still being shown as ASAP despite having more than enough newly earned (not from unlearning ranks) training points.

Nakiro
04-22-2004, 01:27 PM
When you migrate out of a skill you get the TPs into your pool instantly, but you can't really use them until the skill actually DO migrate out, even if you assign them to other skills.

The ASAP comes from assigning new skills while the points haven't migrated out yet. As soon as the skill deminishes and the points REALLY do become available (or if you gain them through gaining experience) they'll be allocated into the ASAP skills in order from lowest costing skill to highest costing skill.

Hope that helps.

Nakiro
04-22-2004, 01:29 PM
Oh and for me it doesn't seem to be applying newly gained TPs from experience unless you change a skill.

Try checking into the inn, raising MIU by one, checking out, checking in again, lower MIU by one, and then checking out. See if that does anything.

Edaarin
04-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Heh, tried it. Still sucks.

I'm sort of resigned to just carrying the extra skills I don't need until May 20th when we get a new fixskills.

Nakiro
04-22-2004, 01:37 PM
That sucks shit.

Caipre
04-22-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Edaarin
Heh, tried it. Still sucks.

I'm sort of resigned to just carrying the extra skills I don't need until May 20th when we get a new fixskills.

Is it certain that there is a new fixskills next month? If we still have ours will we have two then, or will they take one away?

04-22-2004, 03:27 PM
fixskills will be during festival of oleani<sp>

Caipre
04-22-2004, 03:33 PM
Will they allow us to keep the one I already have, or should I use it or lose it.

Parkbandit
04-22-2004, 04:12 PM
Yea... if I am going to get another one on May 20th... I'll go ahead and make the changes I want to now.. knowing when hiding gets neutered.. I will still have one to fall back on.

Spill it bitch.