PDA

View Full Version : Spell training question

Telfaahga
04-21-2004, 05:53 PM
A Game Host just told me that triple training in spells diminishes your AS? Does it diminish casting AS as well? I have never heard this before and I am interested in knowing because I triple train a lot. Also is there a formula for how it works?

AnticorRifling
04-21-2004, 05:55 PM
Yeah that GH is high.

Artha
04-21-2004, 05:57 PM
What they probably meant was CS, and that doesn't diminish it, it gives diminishing returns so that it's not really worth it.

Kitsun
04-21-2004, 11:06 PM
I really hope that little tidbit is a miscommunication and not what a GH really said.

Your physical AS should in no way be affected by any kind of training in spells. Neither should bolting AS. Actually cast strength(CS) should NEVER down because of it.

Just to clarify what Artha said...

Triple training, in and of itself, won't give diminishing returns. Diminishing returns actually kicks in if you bring your spell rank above your current level. At that point, you won't gain AS MUCH CS per spell as you did before.

If your triple training in spells to keep each of the three circles as high as possible, you won't experience diminishing returns.

If you drop many ranks into one circle to boost the CS, you'll find that it won't be as significant as each rank getting to Spells = Level.

As a side note: Keeping about two thirds trained in any one circle is considered well trained enough to use CS spells on most like-level creatures.

As a wizard you'll benefit more from keeping all the circles closer to 1x than trying to push any one circle above and beyond your level.

Telfaahga
04-22-2004, 12:26 AM
The Game host actually said that I will try to remember his name he was actually talking to another wizard I was in the room with but he said that it affects your AS. There was no mention of CS in the whole conversation. So I guess he had no clue what he was talking about.