PDA

View Full Version : fletching help

Rallorick
12-08-2010, 12:59 AM
anyone have the mechanics on this? I have been stuck at 495 ranks for quite a while... I figure there's 4 chances per arrow to make a rank. Since I made 495th rank, I know I've completed 250 arrows - so that's like 1000 chances to earn a rank, yeah? That's not counting all the endless nocked shafts I don't bother finishing up.

I don't script at all, so I'm wondering if my stats have maxed out my potential at my current rank.

Beguiler
12-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Keep going. That last 5 ranks can take almost as much time as the first stages. There are a coupld of scripts out there (Lich's SAmmu, Keelty's SFletch, etc) that you can run to help speed it up but whether scripted or by hand, just keep fletching every moment you're not hunting. Use wood from the burner area at the Kob Mines on Mine Road to make shafts, get cheap fletchings, at 495 ranks you make pretty darned close to master arrows, if you don't want to use them, sell them or give them away to younger players..You'll get there. I've been working on my third fletcher's last 5 ranks for 7 months, and in the last month I got 2 more, so 3 to go...

ALSO if you're running a script, don't be afk. As you get exp for fletching (thought not much) that still makes it a no no to afk script it.''

DrZaius
12-08-2010, 09:41 AM
My understanding was that it was much cheaper and more time efficient not to finish the arrow when ranking up, just cut the shaft and nock it. YMMV, but I managed to master fletching on one of my characters pretty quickly that way.

Rallorick
12-08-2010, 10:15 PM
yeah. Time wise the first two are much faster, because of the nocking RT, just frustrating how long these last ones take when you don't script at all. I just prefer not to do that.

DaCapn
12-20-2010, 09:18 PM
yeah. Time wise the first two are much faster, because of the nocking RT, just frustrating how long these last ones take when you don't script at all. I just prefer not to do that.

I can't imagine that you're having an enriching experience entering the same 5-10 commands manually for hundreds of hours on end watching unchanging messaging. They really do make these worthless and tedious portions of the game with the full intention that everyone is going to script them. They just take a long time so that everyone doesn't go from 0 to mastery instantly.

I've never heard of anyone doing this manually. For the sake of carpal tunnel alone... script.