PDA

View Full Version : PSInet?

Suppressed Poet
12-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Somebody help me out here.

Recently I have noticed that I have been getting "connection refused" to PSInet once entering the game.

Today when I logged in, I get this gibberish:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No such host is known
at System.Net.Dns.HostResolutionEndHelper(IAsyncResul t asyncResult)
at System.Net.Dns.EndGetHostByName(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at JLib.JSockets.JSocket.ConnectToDNSResponse(IAsyncR esult result)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(Obj ect state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback (Object result, IntPtr userToken)
at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.InvokeCallback(Object result)
at System.Net.Dns.ResolveCallback(Object context)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWa itCallbackInternal(_ThreadPoolWaitCallback tpWaitCallBack)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWa itCallback(Object state)

I am not a technical person so I thought ok...I'll just uninstall and reinstall Psinet.

Problem in http://www.psinfinity.net/help/vista-install.html - I get that it no longer exists.

Is PSInet finally gone for good? I know I should move over to Lich as everyone says its the shiznit, but I am an old dog and hate learning new tricks. I haven't seen Jamus around in quite some time. Is there anyway to fix it?

Fallen
12-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Someone likely has a file they can Link you, but you're honestly better off biting the bullet and getting Lich. I recently reformatted or I would help you out.

phantasm
12-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Psinet is dead. Also, there are no new tricks that you must learn to use lich.

Suppressed Poet
12-08-2010, 12:32 AM
Well I spent some time today learning Lich with a lot of help from Tillmen and I stand corrected. I swore I wouldn't follow the sheep, but it IS better in every way. Tillmen was so patient with me and I made a small donation to help the lich cause.

Funny thing - he actually pointed out to me, which I never realized, how bad I was at using psinet in the first place. I never really used atlas. What I did in the past was use virilneus site (gsiv room data), find an atlas id, and alias it with a goto command. I had no idea you could actually just click on the damn map and it walked you to the room. That alone was well worth the pain of leaving my comfort zone.

So long PSInet. Hello Lich.

Suppressed Poet
12-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Also, there are no new tricks that you must learn to use lich.

For the most part yes.

I wish I listened to all of you folks years ago, but I am a stubborn ass.

Drew
12-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Funny thing - he actually pointed out to me, which I never realized, how bad I was at using psinet in the first place. I never really used atlas. What I did in the past was use virilneus site (gsiv room data), find an atlas id, and alias it with a goto command. I had no idea you could actually just click on the damn map and it walked you to the room. That alone was well worth the pain of leaving my comfort zone.

LOL, end users (I'm totally guilty of this kind of stubbornness too).

Mxenna
12-13-2010, 07:13 PM
I cant get lich to work correctly, it doesnt download scripts to the right file or something.

Ardwen
12-13-2010, 07:25 PM
erm Mxenna, as in the old Mxenna?

Tordane
12-13-2010, 08:21 PM
I cant get lich to work correctly, it doesnt download scripts to the right file or something.

Feel free to send an IM to Tordane99 and I can help you get setup.