PDA

View Full Version : Game wont run

Jennyfer
12-07-2010, 04:16 AM
I have been unable to uninstall psinet for the longest time. Well now the game decided it wont run anymore with psinet so i figured i will go through and delete everything in the registry that says psinet..

I did that and i still cant launch game. I reinstalled the launcher like 6 times.. Still cant log in.. any ideas pls?

Tillmen
12-07-2010, 04:31 AM
What method are you using to log in, SGE or Website? How far does it get? Does the Simu launcher show up? The frontend? Is there an error message? What does the error message say? What program is giving the error message? etc. etc.

Jennyfer
12-07-2010, 04:41 AM
I just managed to get it to run with Simutronics game entry tried installing Lich but lich isnt working.i posted somethign about it in lich forums

Suppressed Poet
12-07-2010, 02:31 PM
I can't even get into the download website. It says it doesn't exist?

http://psinet.dynalias.net/main.html

After reading other posts I guess it is truely dead. I guess I will be forced to learn Lich. :(

SpiffyJr
12-07-2010, 03:24 PM

After reading other posts I guess it is truely dead. I guess I will be forced to learn Lich. :(

You say that like it's a bad thing. I really need to dig through my posts where PsiNet junkies were calling me all sorts of names for saying how bad PsiNet was. I TOLD YOU SUCK FUCK-O'S!

Caetul
12-07-2010, 03:43 PM

Isn't really much to learn with Lich, it's pretty similar to Psinet in most ways, and then of course better.

The only thing you'd need to learn how to do is download scripts and to make sure you are using the good stuff.

Suppressed Poet
12-08-2010, 12:38 AM
Isn't really much to learn with Lich, it's pretty similar to Psinet in most ways, and then of course better.

The only thing you'd need to learn how to do is download scripts and to make sure you are using the good stuff.

Yep - Tillmen spent a lot of time helping me today. I'm off psinet and full on lich now.

You say that like it's a bad thing. I really need to dig through my posts where PsiNet junkies were calling me all sorts of names for saying how bad PsiNet was. I TOLD YOU SUCK FUCK-O'S!

Never was a PSInet junky and I never was a part of those wars. It was simply the first one I ever used, and I suppose I don't like to fix things that aren't broken. What I didn't realize is that it was broken for quite some time and I just refused to move on (I tend to do that too...hell I'm a grown man still playing gemstone iv which has been arguably broken for 10 years).

Anyways yes - I now number myself with the sheep. Goodbye PSInet - Hello Lich!

And yes it is indeed better in all ways...

Beguiler
12-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Erm I foolishly installed PsiNet AND Lich. I was sorry, but started using the Lich Game Entry is all good.

Question is, can I uninstall PsiNet without hosing Lich and having to redo everything? I can leave it as it...but why.

Tillmen
12-08-2010, 12:47 PM
PsiNet often doesn't uninstall cleanly, but if you uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, and then reinstall the Simu launcher, you should be ok.

Suppressed Poet
12-08-2010, 03:30 PM
PsiNet often doesn't uninstall cleanly, but if you uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, and then reinstall the Simu launcher, you should be ok.

Beguiler - just a heads up. I am using Windows 7. When I uninstalled via add/remove programs it only took out the PSInet sage application. The folder still remained with a bunch of other junk. Once I uninstalled I sent the folder to the recycle bin and emptied. I didn't run into any problems doing this.

magiceatsyou
12-13-2010, 11:52 AM
For anyone else in the future, I had the same issue to where Psinet was literally crashing Stormfront. I'd barely get into the game before it'd kick me right back out... I just went to Add/Remove Programs, deleted PsiNet, and was good to go. If you don't do ANYTHING else with the program before that, I don't see why it wouldn't work. If not, you're going to have to uninstall pretty much everything to do with GemStone before reinstalling.