PDA

View Full Version : weapon bond

Tumbadoo
12-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Do you have to make a killing blow or just make a hit with the weapon to get credit toward bonding?

Thanks
-f

Caetul
12-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Do you have to make a killing blow or just make a hit with the weapon to get credit toward bonding?

Thanks
-f

It's basically experience earned while using said weapon, from what I gathered a while back.

If you hunt with it, it shouldn't take but a few days to fully bond with it, so long as you don't under hunt and so on.

Mogonis
12-03-2010, 11:59 PM
A few days? Different for paladins?

Caetul
12-04-2010, 12:08 AM
A few days? Different for paladins?

I found that on average, I was fully bonded to my weapon (As a Paladin), in roughly 5 days of hunting.

And when I say Hunting, that was like all I would do for a rather long time in every day heh

Tumbadoo
12-04-2010, 08:30 AM
So would I make progress toward the bonding by just having it in my hand when hunting or does it actually need to strike something?

Caetul
12-04-2010, 10:22 AM
So would I make progress toward the bonding by just having it in my hand when hunting or does it actually need to strike something?

You actually need to strike something with it I believe

phantasm
12-04-2010, 10:56 AM
What if you take it out for dinner and buy it drinks

Tumbadoo
12-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Listen, If I take it out for dinner it better put out.

GTG
12-06-2010, 08:47 PM
If not, I'd find a new weapon honestly.

Caetul
12-06-2010, 08:57 PM
What if you take it out for dinner and buy it drinks

Only works if some after dinner spooning is in order..

Revial
12-09-2010, 09:42 AM
While we're on the topic of bonding, is it possible to bond to a Claidhmore?

DrZaius
12-09-2010, 10:33 AM
While we're on the topic of bonding, is it possible to bond to a Claidhmore?

I'm pretty sure. You just won't get the plasma flares.

Revial
12-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Still be sancted? I can live without flares if it means I can hunt undead with a friggin' claidh.

DrZaius
12-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Still be sancted? I can live without flares if it means I can hunt undead with a friggin' claidh.

Yup.

From Krakii:
"Sanctify is a Paladin Base spell that allows a paladin to bond with a given weapon, sanctifying it and giving it a few additional abilities depending on the properties of the weapon bonded... At the first bonding level, the weapon will gain "Guiding Light" flares, but only if the weapon does not already possess flares or weighting."

Although (and I could be wrong here), I think there are still certain monsters that require you to have a magical weapon to hit them, so you'd want to get least get a 1x claidh to bond to.

Revial
12-09-2010, 10:56 AM
Well, I (still) have a Vultite Earth and Fire flaring Maul that's pretty good. I'm considering bonding to that if I can't find something better.

Thanks for answering my question.

LizardClan1
12-09-2010, 11:09 AM
correct me if i'm wrong, but the crit-weighting of a sanctified claidhmore isn't going to help you against non-corpeal undead.

certain undead are crit resistant.

i'd go with the maul.

-LizardClan1
AIM: LizardClan1

Revial
12-09-2010, 11:13 AM
I had that thought right after I posted but I assumed that I wouldn't be fighting non-corporeal undead all the time. Things like (just a couple examples) skeletons, zombies, etc, etc are pretty screwed when it comes to crit weighting. Aren't they?

LizardClan1
12-09-2010, 11:18 AM
if you want a sanctified claidhmore, but want to bond to your maul.....

I have a sanctified claidhmore for sale in my Icemule shop for 900k.

The next cheapest sanctified claidhmore in playershops is going for 3m.

Look for Cuttak's Weaponry in Icemule.

-LizardClan1

Revial
12-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Good sales pitch but no thanks.

I'm still a ways off so I shouldn't be worrying right now, I just felt the need to ask for later on down the road.

Caetul
12-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Good sales pitch but no thanks.

I'm still a ways off so I shouldn't be worrying right now, I just felt the need to ask for later on down the road.

Could always try to buy the "Almost Claid Weighted" Mattock/Maul, and Bond to that.

But basically, anything in the game is bondable to the point where it will become sancted and return when disarmed.

However the Guiding Light Flares only apply to weapons with no other properties.

LizardClan1
12-09-2010, 02:12 PM
i should mention that there are other critters besides certain undead that are crit-resistant.

for example, swinging a claidhmore against a stone sentinel is like swinging a wet noodle.

-LizardClan1

LizardClan1
12-09-2010, 10:39 PM
to be more specific.....

correct me if i'm wrong, but stone sentinels are 100% crit-resistant.

and correct me if i'm wrong, but swinging a steel claidhmore (sanctified or not) against a stone sentinel is like swinging a -2x (that's negative ten AS!) greatsword.

i'll repeat my best advice. bond to your maul, and pick up a sanctified claidhmore from somewhere (you don't have to buy mine!).

-LizardClan1

Mike
12-13-2010, 12:45 AM
Don't hunt stone sentinels? Beats the crap out of carrying extra (situational) weaponry.

LizardClan1
12-13-2010, 07:52 AM
Don't hunt stone sentinels? Beats the crap out of carrying extra (situational) weaponry.

I agree. A maul is multi-purpose, and a claidhmore situational.

-LizardClan1