PDA

View Full Version : Fixskills - Heavy on Cleric Spells

panapple
12-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Hi! Been playing around with my cleric again and was thinking of fixskilling him to be more focused on his cleric CS spells for hunting, since I really haven't been using bolting spells like Fire Spirit (111). Wondering if this will be an effective or even viable option and if anyone else has plays a similar type cleric and can give their opinion on it? This is my skill setup now:

LEVEL 45:
Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Physical Fitness...................| 99 23
Arcane Symbols.....................| 145 45
Magic Item Use.....................| 145 45
Spell Aiming.......................| 190 90
Harness Power......................| 145 45
Spirit Mana Control................| 145 45
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 50 10
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 140 40
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 120 30
Perception.........................| 96 22
Climbing...........................| 70 15
Swimming...........................| 70 15
First Aid..........................| 145 45

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 25

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 30

Spell Lists
Cleric.............................| 50

I'm thinking in exchange for spell aiming, I can double my harness, which will allow me to use 317 a little more (in conjuction with wracking), and get me more Cleric spells for a bit more CS. So I'd end up looking something like this:

Armor Use..........................| 40 8
Physical Fitness...................| 99 23
Arcane Symbols.....................| 145 45
Magic Item Use.....................| 145 45
Spell Aiming.......................| 190 0
Harness Power......................| 145 90
Spirit Mana Control................| 145 45
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 50 25
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 140 40
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 120 15
Perception.........................| 96 22
Climbing...........................| 70 15
Swimming...........................| 70 15
First Aid..........................| 145 45

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 25

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 30

Spell Lists
Cleric.............................| 55

This brings me to a few more questions:

1. Is it even worth investing in 2x harness? Or bring spells up more?
2. Should I invest points to bring PF up to level for a little more defense against maneuvers?
3. For spiritual lores, I'm thinking of bringing summoning down (since I won't be using fire spirit anymore) and add to blessing since I chrism raise (65 ranks for 100% exp retention correct?). I know religion adds to our defense spells, and summoning still helps 319. So what would be a good goal setup for these?

Thanks for reading through, and looking forward to the feedback! :)

Ramrod
12-02-2010, 01:16 AM
If you want to focus on Cleric CS, you're way off base.

The basic Training Plan for being a hunting cleric is about like this:

1x Brawl
1x Shield
1x HP
24 Ranks SMC
Armor, Climbing, MoC, Swimming, etc as needed

1x Cleric +60

Then fill in the rest of the spell circles as you have points available.

For a hunting cleric, you don't need any lore really. You can use 302 to kill everything and infusions don't really do anything for you.

Basically, looking over your current and proposed training plans you're not really changing anything. You get about 5 more cleric ranks so that's all of 2 or so CS and a little extra mana for 317? Even at 90 most clerics still just rely on 302.

It looks like you're trying to be able to chrism raise, bolt, hunt with 302 and 317 and use a runestaff at 45. Just put everything into max DS and CS and run around slaughtering everything with 302 in guarded with a shield and open hand until you get to a higher level and have more points available.

kookiegod
12-02-2010, 01:27 AM
On the other hand, anciellary skills are nice, and cleric CS caps @ +21 spells, so why go more than that??

Avantos (at level 86), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 130 35 - brig
Physical Fitness...................| 140 40 - manuerver defense, going for 1x
Arcane Symbols.....................| 189 89 - 1x
Magic Item Use.....................| 189 89 - 1x
Harness Power......................| 273 173 - (2x-1)
Spirit Mana Control................| 189 89 -1x
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 156 56 - i like lores, sue me, I can do a lot with all these
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 186 86 - 2x/day self raise, and more damage from attack CS spells
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 122 31
Perception.........................| 90 20
Climbing...........................| 120 30 - climb most things
Swimming...........................| 150 50 - make all the swims
First Aid..........................| 189 89 - 1x

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 46

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 46

Spell Lists
Cleric.............................| 108 (+21...)
Training Points: 97 Phy 0 Mnt (2722 Phy converted to Mnt)

Master of Voln

No gld, armor, or cmans...heh

~Paul

Rathain
12-02-2010, 07:28 PM
On the other hand, anciellary skills are nice, and cleric CS caps @ +21 spells, so why go more than that??~Paul

Even many clerics breach +40 in the main cleric circle because it provides the most tangible benefit towards hunting. I'm not sure why you said it caps at 21. If you wanted to max the +.75 CS/rank contribution, stopping at +19 makes sense. But stopping at +39 is pretty sensible in terms of increasing cleric CS while not forsaking ancillary skill training.

Ramrod
12-02-2010, 08:51 PM
On the other hand, anciellary skills are nice, and cleric CS caps @ +21 spells, so why go more than that??

Um, the max benefit to primary CS is up to Rank 61.

Ranks up to level = 1
Ranks 1-20 above level = 0.75
Ranks 21-60 above level = 0.5
Ranks 61-100 above level = 0.25
Ranks 101-? above level = 0.125

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/CS

Avantos (at level 86), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 130 35 - brig
Physical Fitness...................| 140 40 - manuerver defense, going for 1x
Arcane Symbols.....................| 189 89 - 1x
Magic Item Use.....................| 189 89 - 1x
Harness Power......................| 273 173 - (2x-1)
Spirit Mana Control................| 189 89 -1x
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 156 56 - i like lores, sue me, I can do a lot with all these
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 186 86 - 2x/day self raise, and more damage from attack CS spells
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 122 31
Perception.........................| 90 20
Climbing...........................| 120 30 - climb most things
Swimming...........................| 150 50 - make all the swims
First Aid..........................| 189 89 - 1x

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 46

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 46

Spell Lists
Cleric.............................| 108 (+21...)
Training Points: 97 Phy 0 Mnt (2722 Phy converted to Mnt)

Master of Voln

No gld, armor, or cmans...heh

~Paul

You also like Voln and hunting with a runestaff. Again, I posted the basic training plan for making the best CS-based hunting cleric. That's the way to maximize DS and CS. Depends on what your goals are. :)

mrjrd222
12-02-2010, 08:52 PM
Ceno (at level 78), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 40 8 (doubles)
Brawling...........................| 150 50 (Parry DS gained from the BONUS, which goes up too slowly after 40 ranks, not even sure why I still have 50 instead of just 40)
Physical Fitness...................| 105 25 (I'll get this to 1x after I'm +60 in cleric circle)
Arcane Symbols.....................| 140 40
Magic Item Use.....................| 120 30
Harness Power......................| 178 78
Spirit Mana Control................| 170 70 (keeping near 1x)
Spiritual Lore - Blessings.........| 161 61 (I have +4 enhancive for 100% chrisms)
Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 120 30(getting to 40 soon)
Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 120 30(cross realm 116)
Perception.........................| 150 50
Climbing...........................| 120 30
Swimming...........................| 120 30
First Aid..........................| 150 50
Trading............................| 111 27

Spell Lists
Major Spirit.......................| 40

Spell Lists
Minor Spirit.......................| 40

Spell Lists
Cleric.............................| 131

I have 397 Clerical CS, at 78 I can hunt in OTF Aqueducts pretty easily but I still mostly get bounties in Maaghara Tower so I stay there.

As to Ramrod saying most clerics rely on 302 even past 90, I use 317 pretty regularly at 78 and I'm 1x HP and in Voln... I get as much front-loaded damage as possible then finish stuff off with 302.

But they're dead a lot of the time in one 317.

I sit in Forward stance with ~450 DS (7x shield, 7x leather) and I channel with an open hand. If I need to I can go to guarded for closer to 500 DS. And yes, I get that DS without training in shield use at all, I might start eventually... Right now I don't need it.

If you really want to maximize your clerical CS, it's well worth it imo.

Rathain
12-02-2010, 09:06 PM
As to Ramrod saying most clerics rely on 302 even past 90, I use 317 pretty regularly at 78 and I'm 1x HP and in Voln... I get as much front-loaded damage as possible then finish stuff off with 302.

Ramrod is actually spot on. Many post cap clerics use 302 because it is mana efficient and effective (provided the training is set up to maximize the spell). Several clerics walk around OTF with two open hands in stance offensive to maximize the open handed channeling bonus. At this stage, it is about hunting for treasure as opposed to frying. Mana management is a part of maximizing your time in the field hunting and thus netting more treasure. When you enter OTF proper and face spiritual abolition, your mana expenditure will increase. By then, you'll see what I mean.

mrjrd222
12-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Well, I cheat and hunt in a small group, if I happen to run out of mana I can get it sent to me. But I don't rely on that mana, it's just an o'shit factor.

And I plan to avoid OTF proper, anything that can take weapons or shields off my dead corpse I'm going to avoid, period.

panapple
12-05-2010, 03:33 AM
Thanks for all the advice! Just to clarify a few points:

- So for shield/brawling instead of runestaff, this allows for a higher DS correct? But can't you use the points invested into brawling or shield for more points in spells or lores? Does the DS gains outweigh this?

- It's good to know that there are nice CS gains past overtraining 21 spells. But just curious, I've been reading others threads and every does say train +21. Why? Just cause you get the max benefit at 0.75?

Thanks!

Asrial
12-05-2010, 01:50 PM
But just curious, I've been reading others threads and every does say train +21. Why? Just cause you get the max benefit at 0.75?..because getting a 75% return for your investment is considered better bang for the buck than a 50% return for a non-capped / non-tripling cleric.

The reason you get that 21st rank is because it rounds up.

19 ranks = 14 CS
20 ranks = 15 CS
21 ranks = 16 CS
22 ranks = 16 CS

Rathain
12-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Thanks for all the advice! Just to clarify a few points:

- So for shield/brawling instead of runestaff, this allows for a higher DS correct? But can't you use the points invested into brawling or shield for more points in spells or lores? Does the DS gains outweigh this?

- It's good to know that there are nice CS gains past overtraining 21 spells. But just curious, I've been reading others threads and every does say train +21. Why? Just cause you get the max benefit at 0.75?

Thanks!

Runestaves kind of suck when you face disarm/weaponfire. Some people love the idea of their characters using a runestaff while others find it to be a mechanical hindrance. It's really your call.

As far as overtraining, my cleric came close to tripling spells all the way to cap. Clerics really don't have too many interesting builds, as they suck with weapons and don't have many bolting options. The most effective cookie cutter build centers around stockpiling spell ranks.