PDA

View Full Version : Wizard enchantments and you

longshot
07-31-2003, 05:05 AM
I have a weapon I really like... er, did like. It is a 3x falchion that I had wizard enchanted up to 4x.

Now, the damn thing is not blessable.

Why do wizard enchants make things unblessable? That's just wrong.

It's the same as it was before, with one more enchantment.

There is no need for this.

StrayRogue
07-31-2003, 05:35 AM
Its been like that forever, and as far as I knew, common knowledge.

Bobmuhthol
07-31-2003, 06:09 AM
Come on, you expect wizards to enhance the magic of something without giving something up? I'm sorry that you feel we should be able to get weapons enchanted to 7x and still be blessable.

Parkbandit
07-31-2003, 08:17 AM
And the reason why blessable weapons 5x and up are more expensive.

Do you think my 10x cleaver should be blessable? While I would love it.. I don't think it should be.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-31-2003, 09:39 AM
You can forge a +22 weapon that is blessable in a day.

I could enchant a weapon with lower breakage that isn't blessable to +20 in about 3 weeks. (assuming I don't blow it up, blacken it, have a random failure or some other "fuck you wizards" built in bullshit).

Tayvin
83 years and can't enchant

Lets get a mage guru that gives a shit about the profession, eh?

Bobmuhthol
07-31-2003, 10:16 AM
+22? :( Clunk made me a +21 bane longsword. I want that extra AS.

Skirmisher
07-31-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by ElanthianSiren
Hasn't always been that way. That mechanic came out in early 1998. I know because Quisat had a misty blue cutlass that was 7x and altered by Penelopii into a katana and blessable. I forget what he sold it for, but damn, I wish I had that weapon now! LOL.

The reason that mechanic was put into place was exactly as someone else stated. People were enchanting blessable items to like 7x and selling them for immense profit. By the way, that kat is the one with the 'shimmering bardic rune on it' if it's still running around somewhere. I heard it was enchanted to 10x and lost its blessability. Sad.

Stupid? Mmmm maybe just a little. I've never worried about it cuz I've no desire to hunt already-dead things.

-Melissa

[Edited on Thu, July st, 2003 by ElanthianSiren]

You sure about that 1998 time reference?

I don't recall it being that way? Not saying you are wrong for sure, but it isn't clicking with me for some reason.

imported_Kranar
07-31-2003, 06:25 PM
I don't see why a wizard enchanted weapon can't be blessable.

Someone care to explain ***SPECIFICALLY*** what's unbalancing about it? What specifically would happen if people were allowed to use their 10x weapons against the undead that makes it so unbalancing when they can use their 10x weapon on the living.

StrayRogue
08-01-2003, 02:51 AM
Kranar, this is just my perception, but alot of the undead I hunt are unstunnable, and basically, the extra AS usually helps me cause alot more damage, usually a kill. Perhaps they are trying to lessen these easy kills by decreasing the total average AS of the average blade swinging hunter? Who knows.

I always thought prior to Enchants little tweak, enchanting was possible up to 10x?

Parkbandit
08-01-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Kranar
I don't see why a wizard enchanted weapon can't be blessable.

Someone care to explain ***SPECIFICALLY*** what's unbalancing about it? What specifically would happen if people were allowed to use their 10x weapons against the undead that makes it so unbalancing when they can use their 10x weapon on the living.

I don't think anyone actually claimed they were unbalancing. My personal opinion is that a highly enchanted weapon that was also blessable should be rare.

Is there anything ***SPECIFICALLY*** unbalancing about a permablessed sword? From a mechanics side.. I can't think of anything.. except the clerics wouldn't be needed for blesses as much.

CrystalTears
08-01-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
I always thought prior to Enchants little tweak, enchanting was possible up to 10x?

Ayep. I have a 10x axe. :D

StrayRogue
08-01-2003, 09:22 AM
So when was the "cap" reduced to 7x? Just this round of tweaks?

CrystalTears
08-01-2003, 12:05 PM
I would say it's a rather recent thing. Like maybe in 1998 or 1999? Don't quote me on that, just guessing.

Askip
08-01-2003, 05:51 PM
<< So when was the "cap" reduced to 7x? >>

2002, when the new ET was released as part of HSN.

Red Devil
08-03-2003, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
I would say it's a rather recent thing. Like maybe in 1998 or 1999? Don't quote me on that, just guessing.

lol omfg

CrystalTears
08-03-2003, 09:22 AM
So I was wrong. Want me to pull all your posts that were wrong and laugh at them too? :rolleyes:

Parkbandit
08-03-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by CrystalTears
So I was wrong. Want me to pull all your posts that were wrong and laugh at them too? :rolleyes:

You could actually count up all his posts and figure out which were actually useful or contained actual information.

So far, I've found 1.

By my calculations, Red Devil has an actual purpose .318% of the time.:yawn:

Skirmisher
08-03-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

You could actually count up all his posts and figure out which were actually useful or contained actual information.

So far, I've found 1.

By my calculations, Red Devil has an actual purpose .318% of the time.:yawn:

You sure? That sounds a bit high to me.