PDA

View Full Version : Gremlin invasion in Wehnimer's 11/27

Archigeek
11-28-2010, 01:14 AM
Where does anyone get the notion that this might be a good idea?:

A nasty little yellow gremlin just scampered in.
A nasty little orange gremlin just scampered in.
A nasty little orange gremlin jumps up on you, examines a tightly woven spidersilk sack and pulls out an imflass clasp from inside it.
A nasty little yellow gremlin jumps up on you, examines a tightly woven spidersilk sack and pulls out a bone-inlaid gold ring from inside it.
A nasty little red gremlin just scampered in.
A nasty little green gremlin just scampered in.
A nasty little yellow gremlin just scampered in.
A nasty little blue gremlin just scampered in.
A nasty little black gremlin just scampered in.
A nasty little black gremlin just scampered in.
A nasty little blue gremlin just scampered in.
>go gate

Pilfered a split second before going into the house gate.

later after going back out to try to recover those two quite valuable enhancives:

A nasty little black gremlin opens its orange sack and fussily puts some silver coins in it.
A nasty little red gremlin jumps up on you, opens a vaalin mesh cloak and pulls out a braided gold ring from inside it.
A nasty little black gremlin jumps up on you, examines a vaalin mesh cloak and pulls out a polished gold ring from inside it.
A nasty little blue gremlin jumps up on you, examines a vaalin mesh cloak and pulls out an intricate gold ring from inside it.
A nasty little black gremlin jumps up on you, examines a vaalin mesh cloak and pulls out a firefly-cut vibrant golden blazestar from inside it.
A nasty little orange gremlin jumps up on you, examines a vaalin mesh cloak and pulls out an imflass clasp from inside it.
A nasty little orange gremlin jumps up on you, examines a vaalin mesh cloak and pulls out a silver-struck pastel blue glimaerstone from inside it.
A nasty little red gremlin jumps up on you, examines a vaalin mesh cloak and pulls out a russet and cream moth saewehna from inside it.
A nasty little blue gremlin jumps up on you, examines a vaalin mesh cloak and pulls out a dull gold ring from inside it.
A nasty little red gremlin jumps up on you, examines a vaalin mesh cloak and pulls out a gilt-hearted peacock blue blazestar from inside it.
A nasty little blue gremlin jumps up on you, examines a vaalin mesh cloak and pulls out a spiral-carved bright viridian glimaerstone from inside it.
You put a firefly-cut vibrant golden blazestar in your mesh cloak.
>swear
You curse fluently.

The imflass clasp and the bone-inlaid gold ring were both valuable enhancives, the rest I don't really care about. The clasp I got back, but not the ring. I just don't get how anyone gets the idea that this is going to be fun for someone, except for thieves running around sniping sacks afterwards. Oh joy, thanks for making sure I got something for my entertainment dollar.

There's a reward for the return of the ring if you found it.

Mogonis
11-28-2010, 01:18 AM
Close your containers?

Tgo01
11-28-2010, 01:20 AM
Close your containers?

A nasty little red gremlin jumps up on you, opens a vaalin mesh cloak and pulls out a braided gold ring from inside it.

I could be wrong but I think he did close his containers.

Mogonis
11-28-2010, 01:21 AM
Ah. Missed that.

Yeah, that's lame.

Jeauxonme
11-28-2010, 01:31 AM
I also had items taken from my closed containers and even had valuable items I was wearing ripped off me. Most ignorant thing ive ever been apart of. Trying to get rid of the last 300 of us playing?

Mogonis
11-28-2010, 01:42 AM
Of those 300 there are probably only 200 individuals.

Mike
11-28-2010, 03:58 AM
...there was absolutely no reason, or background provided for this?

Stanley Burrell
11-28-2010, 08:51 AM
I run from them. Even if I can probably mstrike an entire room into blood puddles with a soggy Ramen noodle depending on the character I'm logged on with.

Amber
11-28-2010, 10:00 AM
ultimately the best protection for must-have items is to keep them lockered.

That's not really very practical. What's the point in having something if you have to keep it lockered? A closed container that you're wearing should be a safe storage place.

cookiemonster2
11-28-2010, 10:05 AM
to avoid gremlins you need to lock containers, or double sack things (put things in a sack, then put the sack in a backpack).

And yes, an invasion of so many is very gay. The gremlin steal manuever as a whole is pretty gay. It seems to involve no skill based success roll whatsoever.

Mumblz
11-28-2010, 12:40 PM
hahahahhaha

Fallen
11-28-2010, 01:04 PM
There have been a lot of fun invasions lately. The GM likely just fucked up and didn't consider the consequences of this one. It does suck that people lost their gear, and this invasion was indeed a mistake. I'd rather they make mistakes from time to time than to never invade outside of some storyline in Solhaven.

Archigeek
11-28-2010, 01:13 PM
There have been a lot of fun invasions lately. The GM likely just fucked up and didn't consider the consequences of this one. It does suck that people lost their gear, and this invasion was indeed a mistake. I'd rather they make mistakes from time to time than to never invade outside of some storyline in Solhaven.

I agree. I don't want them to stop trying because they screwed up. It still pissed me off to no end. I prefer that they learn from mistakes and move forward.

Jeauxonme
11-28-2010, 04:53 PM
About the double sack thing. Wouldn't matter in my case. They took an armband off my wrist that I was wearing. But yes its just a game, I got over it. But still very lame.

Jeauxonme
11-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Gotta love the negative rep from someone hiding in the shadows. And yes to the person that negative repd me. My armband was taking off of my wrist. So obviously you don't know the mechanics of the game. Grow a pair.

Paradii
11-28-2010, 05:27 PM
Post the log.

EasternBrand
11-28-2010, 09:03 PM
About the double sack thing.

Grow a pair.

I will give positive rep for consistency in theme.