PDA

View Full Version : Anti-GemStone III Website

J-Tech
04-20-2004, 08:51 PM
The one that Demonicus and The Puppet Master made, I was wondering if it was still around and if so if anyone has a link?

J.T.

DeV
04-20-2004, 09:03 PM
I think the website is gone. It was however, quite entertaining for the most part.

Artha
04-20-2004, 09:17 PM
This was the link: http://www.angelfire.com/ny/TheDarkerSide/antigemstone3.html

But it's gone now.

peam
04-20-2004, 09:18 PM
That was the Azryel/Dissipate page, right?

Xcalibur
04-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Lizzie'S dead, long live the king

SiKWiDiT
04-20-2004, 09:36 PM
What about MPoD's site?

J-Tech
04-20-2004, 09:46 PM
I was just tihnking of websites i use to read way back when and that came to mind, sucks that it's gone now. :(

What about MPoD's site?

I havnt been there in forever...I dont have the link to it either...

J.T.

J-Tech
04-20-2004, 09:50 PM
Well he's the link that the Coven has for the MPoD:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shadowlands/7369/gemstone.html

But it is broken...

J.T.

Artha
04-20-2004, 09:51 PM
What about MPoD's site?

Also gone (http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shadowlands/7369/gemstone.html)

J-Tech
04-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Beat you to it Artha! Boo-ya!

Artha
04-20-2004, 10:14 PM
You bastard!

norn5k
04-20-2004, 10:17 PM
You can access both on http://www.archive.org

Just pop the URL in the search bar there.

You get versions a few years old but that was probably when they were last updated.

J-Tech
04-20-2004, 10:21 PM
Ah hah! This kick ass, thanks.

J.T.

Artha
04-20-2004, 10:25 PM
The iceberg looms in the not too distant future. The exodus from Gemstone has begun. I advise you to jump ship. The sun doesn't shine forever. Enjoy it while it lasts, but be prepared because the day is rapidly approaching when you won't be able to play.

4 years later...hahahahaha.

Xcalibur
04-20-2004, 10:33 PM
I said: lizzie's dead, long live the king BEFORE.

She took "back" his site, in a way.

http://members.aol.com/LizzieKid/vapedwar/guest.html

Dead too, in a way, again.

GSAuctionPlace
04-20-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Artha
This was the link: http://www.angelfire.com/ny/TheDarkerSide/antigemstone3.html

But it's gone now.

Try using Alexa's archives to check out older versions of websites. Here's a link to the archive for this URL:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.angelfire.com/ny/TheDarkerSide/antigemstone3.html

Edited to say - Missed that someone else had already posted a link to this. And here I thought I was doing something useful...

[Edited on 4-21-2004 by GSAuctionPlace]

04-21-2004, 01:35 AM
Wheres all the pictures with captions.

Nakiro
04-21-2004, 05:54 AM
All-time Top 10 Gemstone 3 Legends!

* 10. Strom O'Berin
* 9. Starsnuffer Sunslayer
* 8. Kali Sablefen
* 7. Silvean Rashere
* 6. Thalior Farthor
* 5. Jesh De'sacro
* 4. Lylia Ravenbane
* 3. Blades Clanners
* 2. Metaboculous Griden
* 1. Bleeds Suncrusher

From http://web.archive.org/web/19991005054837/www.angelfire.com/ny/TheDarkerSide/alltimetop10.html

lots of good top 10's

Nakiro
04-21-2004, 06:09 AM
From the website:

Although you have received several letters from me, my identity still remains a secret. I understand that you will select letters that you deem appropriate for your site and I hope that you post this one for the sake of helping others. I wish someone would have done the same for me.

I was sad to hear about Mirken for I knew him well and if he knew I was writing this now, he would probably give me a hug and say hey pal, its okay. He was always a nice guy. I started in GS quite sometime ago, atleast 5 years. While the overall atmosphere was quite overwhelming, I enjoyed the fact that there were real people in those other bodies and I could become someone special to them and to myself as well. I lived each day in gemstone with a special unique realness that I myself had assigned to it. I clarified the imagery and the atmosphere, and I walked around seeing past the vague descriptions and making it more of a writer's world for I loved to write. Unfortunately, I became addicted.

At first I thought the addiction wasn't there. I would spend anywhere from 3 to 8 hours at one time on the game and ignore my life around me. I have a wife and two children. My wife and I started distancing ourselves and in the latter part of my 2nd year in gemstone, she left me in separation because of it. I lost my boys too. I started calling in to work each day saying that I was sick, or with the worst of excuses calling in for two weeks with pneumonia that I never had. I placed a papa sahn chair up in front of my computer and an end table where I could put some soda or some snacks down on, and sat there with my cat and my pillow and started to play non stop. When I became too tired to keep my eyes open, I fell asleep in the chair and would wake up an hour later and sign on again, continuing along. Hours on the game then seemed like days, and the worst stint of time I stayed on consistently without so much as a 30 minute break was 68 hours concurrent. I would break only long enough to throw myself in the restroom and then to gather more snacks and drinks. Because of this, I lost my job. I still stayed on the game. When the worst came, I lost my cable, and then my phone. I couldn't play anymore. Then a lightning storm took my VCR and my modem and I stayed home and locked myself in crying for a week. My closest friends became worried about me and came to the house to try and lift me out of my depression but my REM sleep had been depreciating for so long, I couldn't think clearly anymore. During that time, I almost killed myself. I. . I didn't think I could ever do such a thing to myself because I valued life so much, but it was so hard, and I hurt inside so much. I managed to go to a counselor and after she spoke with me, she was aghast. She had never heard of gemstone and decided to look into it on a personal note (she probably got addicted to it herself), and after I realized that she wouldn't be able to help what it was I was missing, (I missed the damn game), I went out and got another job. I stayed off of the game for 4 months, and got my life back in order. My wife called me and we decided to start talking to each other again, and since she was miles away, I finally said I would talk to her via AOl and she then suggested that she try the game herself and become my wife on the game. She wanted to know what I was living in there and this seemed like the most cost effective way for us to talk for such a long time. My wife became addicted. She stayed on the game for 11 hours during a normal day, and I stayed alongside with her. My parents payed my apartment bills out of love, and I took in a roommate to help with some of the bills.

We eventually got back together, and through the toughest of times, we are still with each other and both playing the game a great deal. I would like to say that I do not smoke, nor drink, nor do drugs, yet Gemstone is to me like heroine is to an addict. I don't think I could ever stop playing the game, and I now have 3 lords in my account as well as 2 other characters close to titling. The levels of my lords are 38, 31, and 27.

The saddest thing that ever happened to my family though happened 4 months ago with my oldest son who is 13. He had been playing two of my other characters on my account and became addicted to the game. He went into a very depressed state and attempted suicide when we took the game away from him. He is now in a full time residential facility 4 hours away from us, and has been there for 3 and a half months now. I miss him, and feel responsible for getting him involved with gemstone in the first place. He told me the other night when he called me that he missed all of us and wanted to get out of there so badly, but the only thing I heard that broke my heart was the last statement he said to me: Dad, I can't wait to play gemstone again. ::sighs sadly:: I'm sorry son, god damn me I'm sorry.

Friends close to my family are sympathetic to our plight of trying to make ends meet. They tell us that we should sue Simutronics for causing an addiction that hurts children and the like. If you parents are reading this, please, please remember my warning to you:

DON'T LET YOUR CHILDREN TOUCH THIS GAME!

Don't let it corrupt and pull out the life within yourselves either. It deadens the spirit, and increases pain over years. Five years of my life are gone now, and each day is a regret yet still I play. I am worst than my wife for one reason only, she thinks that I have control over the game and myself. In truth my sweet darling wife, I feel damned beyond reason. And I'm fighting so hard right now just to stay alive.

:cries:

I'm dying inside. . . Please hear me God.

Phantom.

HAHHAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAH

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

[Edited on 4-21-2004 by Nakiro]

Zanagodly
04-21-2004, 07:13 AM
What happened to Mirken? Also anyone that falls asleep in their computer chair, only to awaken an hour later and continue playing is pretty pathetic.

Miss X
04-21-2004, 08:17 AM
Wow..... That has to be a joke right?

AnticorRifling
04-21-2004, 09:50 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/19991122092550/www.angelfire.com/ny/TheDarkerSide/demonicus002.html

Word.

Nakiro
04-21-2004, 10:11 AM
That was a good one.

Atlanteax
04-21-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Zanagodly
What happened to Mirken? Also anyone that falls asleep in their computer chair, only to awaken an hour later and continue playing is pretty pathetic.

Mirken got tired of playing, and was too caught up in his work and real life.

At least that's what he (Mirken) told me at VegasCon.

He may eventually start playing again though...

AnticorRifling
04-21-2004, 10:36 AM
You do know what a mirken is right?

SiKWiDiT
04-21-2004, 12:55 PM
I do.

And it's sexy.

Nakiro
04-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
You do know what a mirken is right?

I have no fucking clue. Please tell me so my feeble mind can stop pondering about it.

SiKWiDiT
04-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Nakiro
I have no fucking clue. Please tell me so my feeble mind can stop pondering about it.

mer·kin ( P ) Pronunciation Key (mūrkn)

n.

A pubic wig for women.

TheRoseLady
04-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by norn5k
You can access both on http://www.archive.org

Just pop the URL in the search bar there.

You get versions a few years old but that was probably when they were last updated.

Wow, I had no idea.

Thanks!

Double Wow! I finally got a copy of the Ten Commandments of Customer Service. I read that years ago when it was put on the site, but didn't save a copy. :thumbsup:

[Edited on 4-23-2004 by TheRoseLady]

Galleazzo
04-23-2004, 03:19 PM
Don't let it corrupt and pull out the life within yourselves either. It deadens the spirit, and increases pain over years. Five years of my life are gone now, and each day is a regret yet still I play. I am worst than my wife for one reason only, she thinks that I have control over the game and myself. In truth my sweet darling wife, I feel damned beyond reason. And I'm fighting so hard right now just to stay alive.

:cries: I'm dying inside. . . Please hear me God.

Oh, man, I'm rolling here! How fucking melodramatic can you get? If you're gonna invent something at least make it not so cheesy! Right, he made his son stop playing while playing himself, sure .... right ... And hey, where's the part where he sold his ass for money to pay his Simu bill, only now he has HIV and gave it to his wife before staring at the screen so long made him impotent and ...

Pierat
04-23-2004, 03:21 PM
I say we need a new anti-gemstone site. Not like anti-simu, like anti-gemstoners like the old ones. Just to keep things real. Im leaving in less then a month otherwise hell, id host it myself and run that! Someone get this together! It should be our mission, we all miss it, clearly some of us enjoy either flaming others, or watching others roll around on fire while we wave a blanket just out of reach of them. DO IT DO IT DO IT! Someone!

Skirmisher
04-23-2004, 03:21 PM
But....he was dying inside.

Heartless bastard.

Makkah
04-23-2004, 06:17 PM
a new anti-GS website would be cool... as long as shit does NOT get personal and get OOC... except for Klaive, you can butcher that poor kid.

rht

Artha
04-23-2004, 06:37 PM
I was thinking about something like that...then I realised I'm too cheap to pay for web hosting.

Souzy
04-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Oh Gods. I read that "don't let your family play" plea while I was eating a chicken McNugget (I'm on break), and I freakin' choked on a piece laughing!!!!!! Die Nak for almost killing me. That shit was so funny. :lol:

Mistomeer
04-23-2004, 06:49 PM
I think any anti-GS page should be OOC and personal, otherwise, what's the fucking point?

Pierat, you got two months, get to it slacker.

If not Pierat, Bob should do it.

Pierat
04-23-2004, 07:06 PM
I leave may 6th! So no creative website untill I get back in august, but ill help anyone out when I get back if they need it. And yes it can go OOC, but it should also be IC, any dirt is good dirt

Bobmuhthol
04-23-2004, 07:16 PM
9 out of 10 trolls agree, Anti-GS3 website is made by losers!

SiKWiDiT
04-23-2004, 07:17 PM
Break the trend.

I've got some awesome ideas for one, I just know jack shit about websites.

Mistomeer
04-23-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

Ah, don't wanna bite the hand that feeds you so to speak?

Mistomeer
04-23-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by SiKWiDiT
Break the trend.

I've got some awesome ideas for one, I just know jack shit about websites.

If someone wants to host it and maintain it I'm not against designing the page.

J-Tech
04-23-2004, 08:42 PM
When i get set up back in vegas i'll hope design the website and code it if someone wants to help build on.

J.T.

[Edited on 4-24-2004 by J-Tech]

Soulpieced
04-23-2004, 08:44 PM
I would offer, but I have no idea when my school account expires.

Artha
04-23-2004, 08:46 PM
I'd happily help. I'm sort of looking around for good free hosting.

Tsa`ah
04-23-2004, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol

So what's stopping you?

:loser:

Scott
04-24-2004, 01:03 AM
Comcast (if you have their cable modem) would be a nice hosting tool. 25mb, free, no ads, and no way could Simu have it shut down. You can do just about anything on there, as long as it isn't illegal. I had no problems when I had a site on there when I had tons of people going to it for a school thing not to long ago, I was getting tons of hits for a project so it would work nice.

It's not like Geocites or one of those hosting tools where it can be shut down for stupid stuff, so that would probably be your best bet, unless you want to pay for hosting.

Rhaindrop
09-24-2004, 10:20 AM
Holy crap, I thought something actually happened to Mirken.

phew

TheEschaton
09-24-2004, 10:23 AM
Take a look at the date of the post right before yours, and then take a look at the date on your post, and then GET A FUCKING CLUE.

-TheE-

TheRoseLady
09-24-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by TheEschaton
Take a look at the date of the post right before yours, and then take a look at the date on your post, and then GET A FUCKING CLUE.

-TheE-

That's right E, just act like a complete fucking jack ass to someone who has posted 3 times and just appears to have signed up on 9/23/04. Overreact much?

:loser:

Telfaahga
09-24-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by TheEschaton

-TheE-

WOW, You definitely have some problems were you abused as a child? Just because you sit on MB's all day and post dosen't mean the rest of the world does.

Artha
09-24-2004, 05:26 PM
WOW, You definitely have some problems were you abused as a child? Just because you sit on MB's all day and post dosen't mean the rest of the world does.

Did you? You seem pretty quick to say it of other people, based on one post. Good job, jack ass.

Caiylania
09-24-2004, 06:25 PM
That was a bit of an over-reaction. So the thread is old, if someone feels the need to reply then so be it. Not her fault she wasn't here at the time it was first written.

And hey, just shows people read up on the interesting threads, old or not. :D

Galleazzo
09-24-2004, 09:40 PM
Heh, yeah, and I missed something the first time around.

Anyone out there REALLY want a site like Anti-GS back? 'Cause maybe about 2/3rds of us 'd be the kinds of folk they really'd hate.

:chair:

Mistomeer
09-24-2004, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Galleazzo
Heh, yeah, and I missed something the first time around.

Anyone out there REALLY want a site like Anti-GS back? 'Cause maybe about 2/3rds of us 'd be the kinds of folk they really'd hate.

:chair:

Funny thing is, Pierat was talking about it and he was listed on the old one in a not so positive light.

mmartinx
01-19-2009, 02:00 PM
Sorry for thread necro but I registered here to ask if anyone had this site archived. Man when I was an angst ridden 15 year old pissed off at Simu and the world this site was so godly.

edit --

haha, I'm dying

4. Dizman DaNinjaBro

Beautifulgreen Waterdew - Script hunted and blazed her way through everyone on her way up.

Drew
01-19-2009, 02:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/backwardhatclub/26-7.jpg

The site should still be up at archive.org.

Moist Happenings
01-19-2009, 02:20 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20000309124829/http://www.angelfire.com/ny/TheDarkerSide/antigemstone3.html

http://web.archive.org/web/20020410164240/http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shadowlands/7369/gemstone.html

There ya go.

mmartinx
01-19-2009, 04:12 PM
Err, yeah, sorry for confusion. I read through the thread and found everything on archive.org. What I meant to say was I registered here to basically post this thread if it didn't already exist, I found it after the fact. But yeah this thread needed a bump anyways, everyone should read those sites.

AnticorRifling
01-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Err, yeah, sorry for confusion. I read through the thread and found everything on archive.org. What I meant to say was I registered here to basically post this thread if it didn't already exist, I found it after the fact. But yeah this thread needed a bump anyways, everyone should read those sites.
Why?

They're turds.

Celephais
01-19-2009, 04:26 PM
I kind of want to see someone with two red rep bubbles... I nominate mmartinx.

Soulpieced
01-19-2009, 04:28 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2h74784.jpg

DCSL
01-19-2009, 04:48 PM
I feel all old, thinking, "Things were so much simpler back then." Not that I was even a pre-AOLer. Still! I wish someone would make a site like that again. Just for the hilarity. I'd do it, but I have no idea what's going on in GS anymore.

Drunken Durfin
01-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Just checked out the archives of that old site. Was interesting to see some of the names I had forgotten about.

As for making an Anti-GS site, I don't see how it would be much different than some of the stuff that goes on here.

DCSL
01-19-2009, 05:31 PM
It'd be better organized. Yeah. That's the ticket.

septus
01-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Except some stuff that they bitch about in there is common and accepted now..like script hunting and ma.

Skeeter
01-19-2009, 09:08 PM
I always enjoyed the MPoD.

mmartinx
01-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I'm like, dying for rep on the Gemstone IV Player's Corner forums, I may have to start my own emo rant site if I keep getting down-modded.

Whatever, based on the replies at least a few people found it interesting.

If you think about it the 10-15 years ago there were no blogs, barely any un-official forums, so rant sites like these were pretty unique. I started thinking about lumthemad today at work, and then for some reason started thinking about the dark side of GS, which led me here. I guess as a 15 year old I was just relieved that, wow, someone else thinks Beautifulgreen's name is fucking retarded too!

Celephais
01-19-2009, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I'm like, dying for rep on the Gemstone IV Player's Corner forums, I may have to start my own emo rant site if I keep getting down-modded.
:rofl: did you just neg rep me? I just got some unsigned grey rep for that post.

AnticorRifling
01-20-2009, 12:11 AM

Whatever, based on the replies at least a few people found it interesting.

If you think about it the 10-15 years ago there were no blogs, barely any un-official forums, so rant sites like these were pretty unique. I started thinking about lumthemad today at work, and then for some reason started thinking about the dark side of GS, which led me here. I guess as a 15 year old I was just relieved that, wow, someone else thinks Beautifulgreen's name is fucking retarded too!

Hi guys I need attention, please like me.

phantasm
01-20-2009, 12:17 AM
Can we get an updated GM character list going.

mmartinx
01-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Hi guys I need attention, please like me.

Whatever bro (how is that even attention whoring, wait, don't answer that). You're mad because you probably have a retarded name and suck at RP too, you may even have been on one of those lists.

See you guys in 5 years when I get nostalgic again. Shit, maybe I'll be looking this site up on archive.org