View Full Version : Loy, the Treant

Kuyuk
11-06-2004, 10:54 AM
R>look loy
Orobini says, "I am the Guardian of Birch."
R>
You see Loy the Tree Herder.
She appears to be a Treant.
She appears to be as old as the hills and towering. She has sunken malevolent ale-brown eyes and sickly off-green skin. She has a twisted mass of twigs, leaves, dirt and green moss for hair. She has a flat face, a gnarled nose and a wooden trunk-like chest. She has thick, muscular arms of twisted vines and massive bulging roots that serve as legs.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a broken tree branch in her right hand.
She is wearing a leaf-covered wooden tunic, a engraved leather pouch, and a small knothole.

Insert lots of talking about how loy's mistress is gonna kill us all.

Loy pulls some sickly looking spores from her pouch and throws them about the area.
I>
Loy snickers.
I>
Loy trudges east.
I>
Madmountan just went east.
I>
A pike badger scrambles out of sight.
I>
Lady Pypir just went east.
I>e
[Krodera Street]
There is an enormous hole in the middle of this cobblestone street, wide enough to swallow a small hill and deep enough that you can't see the bottom. The dwarves who wander by ignore it, walking around the edges on their way. A small wooden booth sits near the edge of the crater. You also see a pike badger, a shabby hovel and a rectangular portal with strange mists slowly swirling across the face in a smooth hypnotic pattern.
Also here: Ryaf
Obvious paths: east, west
I>look
[Krodera Street]
There is an enormous hole in the middle of this cobblestone street, wide enough to swallow a small hill and deep enough that you can't see the bottom. The dwarves who wander by ignore it, walking around the edges on their way. A small wooden booth sits near the edge of the crater. You also see a pike badger, a shabby hovel and a rectangular portal with strange mists slowly swirling across the face in a smooth hypnotic pattern.
Also here: Ryaf
I>e
[Krodera Street]
The walls of the canyon loom overhead. The street continues inside them to the east, entering a vast, dimly-lit tunnel. Dwarves and other folk wander in and out, some stopping at a small, bright-blue wooden shop here outside. A thick plume of black smoke puffs silently out of the shop's chimney and the faint smell of burning bread wafts throughout the street. You also see a flight of stone steps.
Also here: Madmountan
I>e
Madmountan sighs.
I>
[Krodera Street]
The tunnel is wider and higher in here, big enough for a small castle. The homes are simple and stout, intermixed with small shops selling various wares. The dwarves wandering out of one large, low structure are all smiles and good cheer. Some pause to stretch, or to take a deep breath.
I>e
You sense your fruit bat take off.
I>
[Mithril and Dragonstail]
This is a quiet neighborhood of large, well-built dwellings. Many of Kharam-Dzu's more prosperous dwarves call it home. Uniformed militia glance at you as they meander about on patrol, their footsteps echoing in the large cavern. A group of small children plays in the street.
Also here: Lady Pypir
Obvious paths: north, southwest, west
I>
Mulelip's group just arrived.
I>
Lady Pypir just went north.
I>
Silvendar comes out of hiding.
I>
Madmountan just arrived.
I>
Mulelip's group just went west.
I>
* Chazym just bit the dust!
I>
* Zurrainn just bit the dust!
I>
Madmountan just went west.
I>
You sense that your familiar has caught up with Silversi.
I>
Mulelip's group just went west.
I>
Madmountan just arrived.
I>tell fam to find loy
You concentrate on commanding your familiar...
You sense the familiar acknowledge your command.
I>
You sense that your familiar has caught up with Loy.
I>
Suddenly you have the strangest feeling that you are being watched.
The feeling fades as quickly as it came.
I>
Loy gruffly says, "Go away giant."
I>
Loy pulls some sickly looking spores from her pouch and throws them about the area.
I>
* Ress just bit the dust!
I>
Pypir laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.
I>
Loy trudges west.
I>tellf am to look
Please rephrase that command.
I>tell fam to look
[Imflass Street]
The air in the tunnel is comfortably cool and clammy. The stout little stone homes lining the street are bathed in a dim yellow glow. Many folks are headed to or from a large wood and stone shop. Its wares are displayed in the windows, cuts of meat, potatoes and other hearty foodstuffs.
I>
Lady Pypir just went west.
I>
I>w
[Krodera Street]
The tunnel is wider and higher in here, big enough for a small castle. The homes are simple and stout, intermixed with small shops selling various wares. The dwarves wandering out of one large, low structure are all smiles and good cheer. Some pause to stretch, or to take a deep breath.
I>
I>
Lady Pypir just arrived.
I>e
>e
This is a quiet neighborhood of large, well-built dwellings. Many of Kharam-Dzu's more prosperous dwarves call it home. Uniformed militia glance at you as they meander about on patrol, their footsteps echoing in the large cavern. A group of small children plays in the street.
I>
You can't go there.
I>e
You can't go there.
I>n
[Imflass and Dragonstail]
Most of the homes here are shuttered, their doors and windows closed tight. Though most are sized for dwarves, a few of the homes are far larger, with doorways fit for a giant.
Obvious paths: north, south, west
I>
I>w
[Imflass Street]
The air in the tunnel is comfortably cool and clammy. The stout little stone homes lining the street are bathed in a dim yellow glow. Many folks are headed to or from a large wood and stone shop. Its wares are displayed in the windows, cuts of meat, potatoes and other hearty foodstuffs.
I>e
[Imflass and Dragonstail]
Most of the homes here are shuttered, their doors and windows closed tight. Though most are sized for dwarves, a few of the homes are far larger, with doorways fit for a giant.
Obvious paths: north, south, west
I>w
[Imflass Street]
>w
I>w
[Imflass Street]
The street is drilled into the canyon wall here. The dwarves wandering out of the tunnel blink and squint in the light. Some children are playing by some bushes planted just south of the road. They run about frantically, searching for something.
I>
[Imflass Street]
The clangs, bangs and cursing from this construction site drown out the din from the rest of the town. You can't yet tell what the dwarves are building. For now, it's just a huge hole in the ground surrounded by big piles of rocks. One massive boulder is tied up with stout ropes, extending to a pulley on a beam erected overhead. Two dwarves stand on each side of the rock, yelling, stamping their feet, and waving sheafs of parchment over their heads.
I>
Pypir says, "Then you're on your own."
I>w
[Dragonspine and Imflass]
Dragonspine broadens into a wide plaza, a bazaar paved with grey and white granite flagstones. The foot traffic, mostly preoccupied dwarves, mingles with ox carts, pack horses, and burros laden with goods. Vendors have set up wooden booths to peddle their assorted wares. You also see a large fruit bat that is flying around and the Dwarven deputy.
Also here: Silvendar, Lady Pypir, Loy
Obvious paths: north, east, south, west
I>w
I>
[Imflass and Dragonseye]
It is peaceful here by the River Muagh. Small birds hop and skitter on the mud banks, their chirps blending with the bazaar's distant hum from the opposite shore. On the south side of the street is the burned-out shell of a small wood and stone building. It looks out of place, surrounded by verdant grass, flowers and trees on all sides. Few dwarves wander by here, and those that do seem strangely hushed. You also see a raffle table with some stuff on it and a rocky path.
Obvious paths: north, east, south
I>e
Dragonspine broadens into a wide plaza, a bazaar paved with grey and white granite flagstones. The foot traffic, mostly preoccupied dwarves, mingles with ox carts, pack horses, and burros laden with goods. Vendors have set up wooden booths to peddle their assorted wares. You also see a large fruit bat that is flying around and the Dwarven deputy.
Also here: Silvendar, Loy
I>
A pike badger scampers in.
I>
Loy snickers.
I>off
You are now in an offensive stance.
I>
Loy trudges west.
I>
Silvendar removes a notched-haft grey vultite handaxe from in his silver-edged harness.
I>
The fruit bat flaps off.
I>
A pike badger scampers away.
I>prep 908
Your hands glow with power as you invoke the phrase for Major Fire...
Your spell is ready.
I>get blue cry
I>
I>
You remove a blue crystal from in your spidersilk cloak.
I>w
[Imflass and Dragonseye]
It is peaceful here by the River Muagh. Small birds hop and skitter on the mud banks, their chirps blending with the bazaar's distant hum from the opposite shore. On the south side of the street is the burned-out shell of a small wood and stone building. It looks out of place, surrounded by verdant grass, flowers and trees on all sides. Few dwarves wander by here, and those that do seem strangely hushed. You also see a raffle table with some stuff on it and a rocky path.
I>
Loy trudges north.
I>n
[Golvern and Dragonseye]
The street runs along the edge of a large, well-tended rock garden. Massive boulders, tiny pebbles and all sizes of rocks in between are piled up in interesting shapes. Dwarves wander about amongst them, pausing to admire one mound or another. The garden extends several hundred feet to the north, ending at the town walls. The River Muagh lies just to the west. One family has set up a picnic on the river bank. You also see a mule and a mithril-bound wooden gate.
Obvious paths: east, south
I>n
>e
You can't go there.
I>
[Dragonspine and Golvern]
A troupe of dwarven musicians entertains the crowds at this busy intersection. The dwarves gathered around clap appreciatively, some singing along in clamorous, off-key voices. Other dwarves wander by about their business, many headed to or from the town gates to the north. One huffs and puffs with a large wheelbarrow full of rocks. You also see a squalid canvas pavilion.
I>e
[Golvern Street]
As you wander among the small shops lining this cobblestone street, the ear-splitting curses of a spluttering dwarf assault your ears. He stands in front of a cart, thrashing his arms in the air and berating his bored-looking burro. The other dwarves who amble by afford him a wide berth.
I>w
>n
A troupe of dwarven musicians entertains the crowds at this busy intersection. The dwarves gathered around clap appreciatively, some singing along in clamorous, off-key voices. Other dwarves wander by about their business, many headed to or from the town gates to the north. One huffs and puffs with a large wheelbarrow full of rocks. You also see a squalid canvas pavilion.
I>
[Dragonspine and Glaes]
The town walls lie perhaps one hundred feet to the north, with dwarven militiamen pacing back and forth atop them. A rock garden to the west displays a wide variety of fascinating boulders. Beyond the garden, a barge makes its way south down the River Muagh, its decks piled high with freshly-cut logs. To the east Glaes Street, lined with small wood and stone homes, continues a few hundred feet to the walls of the canyon. You also see a large fruit bat that is flying around and a pike badger.
I>tell fam to look
The fruit bat flaps off.
I>

The images are jumbled and rush by quickly. You realize your familiar is racing across the countryside in search of someone.

I>n
[Kharam-Dzu, Town Gates]
A sturdy wooden gate is set into the massive stone walls surrounding Kharam-Dzu. Mail-clad guards with pikes and heavy crossbows pace back and forth atop the walls. Dwarves, burros and the odd giantman or human travel the broad cobblestone street which leads south into town. A squad of dwarven militia drills on the small, rocky parade ground to the east. A cloud of dust surrounds them as they march to and fro, and the gruff barks of their sergeant blend with the din of the crowd at the gate. You also see a dark ladder leaning against a large invar-plated tower, a dark ladder leaning against a large invar-plated tower, a black glaes bench with some stuff on it, a wooden barrel and a wrought iron sign.
Obvious paths: south
I>n
You can't go there.
I>go gate
[Kharam-Dzu, Outside the Gate]
The wood-and-stone walls of a sizeable town rise before you. Mail-clad dwarves pace atop them, looking over your head up the canyon. The road enters the wide-open gates. Dwarves, giantmen, and burro-drawn carts pass through them into the bustle of the town. The river flows north through a gap in the walls to the west. Several squat barge wallow their way upon it. You also see a deckhand.
Obvious paths: north
I>n
>n
[Cobblestone Road, Canyon]
The road follows the river into a canyon, which narrows to the south. The craggy, reddish-brown rock towers hundreds of feet overhead. At the southern end of the canyon, a walled town sits at the base of the peak. The clang of a bell and the distant bustle of the crowd drift along the canyon. A squat barge plies the river toward the town, its deck piled high with fresh-cut timber and dozing dwarves. You also see a trail leading up the canyon wall.
Also here: Loy
Obvious paths: north, south
I>
I>n
[Cobblestone Road, Bridge]
A tall stone bridge spans the river, which rushes toward the northeast. Hooves clip-clopping on the cobblestones, burros pull wooden carts piled high with fresh-cut timber. The drovers are all dwarves and giantmen. They ignore you as they head south, toward the canyon. Over the burblings of the water, you hear the faint echoes of a busy town in the distance.
Obvious paths: south, northwest
I>
You can't go there.
I>
Loy trudges in.
I>
A pike badger scampers in.
I>
A large fruit bat appears overhead, circling.
I>rub blue cry
You rub a blue crystal.
An invisible force guides you.
The blue crystal suddenly disintegrates!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
I>
I>
Loy trudges northwest.
I>as
Wait 1 seconds.
I>
Wait 1 seconds.
I>
Wait 1 seconds.
I>as
You flex your muscles with renewed vigor!
I>
I>
I>sign of madness
You are filled with berserk rage! Attack! Attack! Attack!
I>nw
>nw
[Cobblestone Road]
The road is lined with tree stumps, shrubs and weeds. It runs toward the base of a canyon, which opens to the south. A great mountain dominates the horizon beyond the canyon. The peak is ringed with dark storm clouds. The outer walls of a good-sized town are barely visible within the canyon. You also see a large green chameleon.
Obvious paths: southeast
I>
I>
You can't go there.
I>
Loy just went up a cobblestone road.
I>go road
[Teras Isle, Logging Road]
Grass, shrubs, and even small hills have been flattened by a logging road many yards wide stretching between the forest to the west and the settlement to the east. Carts trundle by frequently, and it appears that at times the traffic has been heavy enough to carve two separate sets of ruts into the mud. A small peak rises to the south, and the low stone buildings of a sizeable town dot its slopes. A cobblestone road heads south, towards the town.
I>
You feel the magic of your spell depart.
I>
I>cast loy
You don't have a spell prepared!
I>
Loy trudges east.
I>prep 908
I>
Your spell is ready.
I>e
[Teras Isle, Crossroads]
A few ramshackle structures have been thrown up here, most little more than leather tents pitched by fishermen to protect their skiffs and nets during the winter. The Hog's Pen Tavern with its walls of stacked tanik logs is the sturdiest structure in sight. At the rear of the tavern, there is a pile of refuse and a trough that overflows with left-over meals and rain water. The sounds of a bustling town echo down the best-kept of the various roads and paths that meet here. You also see a large fruit bat that is flying around.
Obvious paths: northeast, east, west
I>
I>cast loy
You are visible again.
You gesture at Loy.
You hurl a roaring ball of fire at Loy!
AS: +444 vs DS: +214 with AvD: +59 + d100 roll: +31 = +320
... and hit for 123 points of damage!
Permanently debilitating burns across stomach.
She is stunned!
The guiding force leaves you.
The roaring ball of fire strikes Loy, blossoming into a much larger sphere of flame upon impact.
... 1 point of damage!
Burst of flames to chest. Didn't hurt much.
>
A large green chameleon waddles into the area.
>908 loy
*** TypoHelp: Converted "908 loy" to PREP 908 and CAST AT loy

Your spell is ready.
>
You gesture at Loy.
You hurl a roaring ball of fire at Loy!
AS: +369 vs DS: +168 with AvD: +59 + d100 roll: +62 = +322
... and hit for 124 points of damage!
Head explodes, splattering sizzling bits of flesh and bone everywhere.

* Loy drops dead at your feet!

The roaring ball of fire strikes Loy, blossoming into a much larger sphere of flame upon impact.
>
Your SIGN OF MADNESS is no longer effective.
You feel drained!
>
* Loy just bit the dust!
>hide
>
You fail to slip into hiding.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
R>916
*** TypoHelp: Converted "916" to INCANT 916.

...wait 2 seconds.
R>chat got em
You focus on transmitting your thought.
>916

You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Invisibility...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You become invisible.
I>
I>
Mulelip's group just went east.
I>'Send my regards to the mistress
You say, "Send my regards to the mistress."
I>
I>
Silversi gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...
I>w
I>
Grass, shrubs, and even small hills have been flattened by a logging road many yards wide stretching between the forest to the west and the settlement to the east. Carts trundle by frequently, and it appears that at times the traffic has been heavy enough to carve two separate sets of ruts into the mud. A small peak rises to the south, and the low stone buildings of a sizeable town dot its slopes. A cobblestone road heads south, towards the town.
I>e
The fruit bat stretches its leathery wings.
I>
[Teras Isle, Crossroads]
A few ramshackle structures have been thrown up here, most little more than leather tents pitched by fishermen to protect their skiffs and nets during the winter. The Hog's Pen Tavern with its walls of stacked tanik logs is the sturdiest structure in sight. At the rear of the tavern, there is a pile of refuse and a trough that overflows with left-over meals and rain water. The sounds of a bustling town echo down the best-kept of the various roads and paths that meet here. You also see the Mulelip disk, the Silversi disk, the Orobini disk, a large green chameleon and a large fruit bat that is flying around.
Also here: Orobini, Great Lady Silversi, Mulelip
Obvious paths: northeast, east, west
I>
Orobini rubs her chin thoughtfully.
I>w
I>
Orobini says, "Gone now."
I>
Silversi says, "She's gone."
I>
Silversi nods.
I>
The green chameleon waddles off.
I>go road
[Cobblestone Road]
The road is lined with tree stumps, shrubs and weeds. It runs toward the base of a canyon, which opens to the south. A great mountain dominates the horizon beyond the canyon. The peak is ringed with dark storm clouds. The outer walls of a good-sized town are barely visible within the canyon.
I>se
>s
A tall stone bridge spans the river, which rushes toward the northeast. Hooves clip-clopping on the cobblestones, burros pull wooden carts piled high with fresh-cut timber. The drovers are all dwarves and giantmen. They ignore you as they head south, toward the canyon. Over the burblings of the water, you hear the faint echoes of a busy town in the distance.
I>s
The road follows the river into a canyon, which narrows to the south. The craggy, reddish-brown rock towers hundreds of feet overhead. At the southern end of the canyon, a walled town sits at the base of the peak. The clang of a bell and the distant bustle of the crowd drift along the canyon. A squat barge plies the river toward the town, its deck piled high with fresh-cut timber and dozing dwarves. You also see a trail leading up the canyon wall.
I>s
>s
The wood-and-stone walls of a sizeable town rise before you. Mail-clad dwarves pace atop them, looking over your head up the canyon. The road enters the wide-open gates. Dwarves, giantmen, and burro-drawn carts pass through them into the bustle of the town. The river flows north through a gap in the walls to the west. Several squat barge wallow their way upon it. You also see a deckhand.
I>
You can't go there.
I>
You can't go there.
I>go gate
[Kharam-Dzu, Town Gates]
A sturdy wooden gate is set into the massive stone walls surrounding Kharam-Dzu. Mail-clad guards with pikes and heavy crossbows pace back and forth atop the walls. Dwarves, burros and the odd giantman or human travel the broad cobblestone street which leads south into town. A squad of dwarven militia drills on the small, rocky parade ground to the east. A cloud of dust surrounds them as they march to and fro, and the gruff barks of their sergeant blend with the din of the crowd at the gate. You also see a dark ladder leaning against a large invar-plated tower, a dark ladder leaning against a large invar-plated tower, a black glaes bench with some stuff on it, a wooden barrel and a wrought iron sign.
I>s
>s
[Dragonspine and Glaes]
The town walls lie perhaps one hundred feet to the north, with dwarven militiamen pacing back and forth atop them. A rock garden to the west displays a wide variety of fascinating boulders. Beyond the garden, a barge makes its way south down the River Muagh, its decks piled high with freshly-cut logs. To the east Glaes Street, lined with small wood and stone homes, continues a few hundred feet to the walls of the canyon.
I>s
>s
A troupe of dwarven musicians entertains the crowds at this busy intersection. The dwarves gathered around clap appreciatively, some singing along in clamorous, off-key voices. Other dwarves wander by about their business, many headed to or from the town gates to the north. One huffs and puffs with a large wheelbarrow full of rocks. You also see the Dwarven deputy and a squalid canvas pavilion.
I>
Dragonspine broadens into a wide plaza, a bazaar paved with grey and white granite flagstones. The foot traffic, mostly preoccupied dwarves, mingles with ox carts, pack horses, and burros laden with goods. Vendors have set up wooden booths to peddle their assorted wares.
I>
[Dragonspine and Krodera]
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony. You also see some orange pumpkin incense, a white cat that is sitting, a wooden table with some stuff on it, a red granite statue, a wrought iron sign and a lava tube.
Also here: Silvendar, Carienne, Madmountan, Ryaf, Rivalyn
I>
Madmountan says, "Good morning."
I>
Silvendar slides an intricate gold and brass ring on his finger.
Suddenly Silvendar vanishes!
I>
Lady Pypir just arrived.
I>
Carienne hugs Madmountan, who wraps her in a warm embrace.
I>
Pypir gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...
I>
Madmountan hugs Pypir, who wraps him in a warm embrace.
I>
You sense your fruit bat land.
I>
Madmountan says, "And good morning to you too."
I>
Madmountan grins.
I>
Pypir hugs Madmountan, who wraps her in a warm embrace.
I>
A faint aroma of pumpkin fills the room.
I>
Carienne nods to Pypir in greeting.
I>
Pypir says, "Good morning."
I>
Madmountan sniffs.
I>
You feel poison coursing through your veins.
!I>
Madmountan asks, "Pumpkin?"
!I>
Pypir nods to Carienne in greeting.
!I>h
You seem to be in one piece.

Maximum Health Points: 130
Remaining Health Points: 130

Maximum Spirit Points: 10
Remaining Spirit Points: 7

Maximum Stamina Points: 45
Remaining Stamina Points: 45

Poisoned! Taking -50 damage per round. Dissipating 1 per round.

Haha, whoops on the GM part! :)

!I>
Pypir asks, "Where did she die?"
!I>
Madmountan says, "We gonna be invaded by sickly spores."
!I>
You feel less drained.
!I>
Madmountan just went east.
!I>
!I>
Carienne blinks.
!I>chat HAHA, I'm poisoned for -50 per round
You focus on transmitting your thought.
>chuckle
You chuckle.
I>
Silversi asks, "Was it shimmering before?"
I>
Orobini recites:

"We need to rally
the DDR"

I>
Madmountan just arrived.
I>
Madmountan just went north.
I>
Carienne softly asks, "Spores..?"
I>
Suddenly Silvendar appears in the room holding onto a ring he has just placed on his finger.
I>l
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony. You also see the Silversi disk, the Mulelip disk, the Orobini disk, some orange pumpkin incense, a white cat that is sitting, a wooden table with some stuff on it, a red granite statue, a wrought iron sign and a lava tube.
Also here: Silvendar, Orobini, Great Lady Silversi, Mulelip, Lady Pypir, Carienne, Ryaf, Rivalyn
I>
Silversi gives Carienne a friendly hug.
I>
Pypir laughs softly, trying to hide her amusement.
I>
Orobini tightens her grip on her white linen handkerchief.
I>
Silvendar returns to normal color.
I>
Silvendar just went south.
I>
Tchzin just arrived.
I>
Carienne gives Silversi a friendly hug.
I>
Orobini put a black-edged white linen handkerchief in her snowcat-clasped cloak.
I>
Silvendar just arrived.
I>

Your skin turns green and you feel slightly ill.

I>
The faint scent of pumpkin fills the air.
I>h
You seem to be in one piece.

Maximum Health Points: 130
Remaining Health Points: 180

Maximum Spirit Points: 10
Remaining Spirit Points: 8

Maximum Stamina Points: 45
Remaining Stamina Points: 45

I>

K.

BigBadBonar
11-06-2004, 10:58 AM
omg -50/round? rofl

Kuyuk
11-06-2004, 11:02 AM
yeah, kinda funny :)

K.

Kuyuk
11-06-2004, 11:03 AM
<Your skin turns green and you feel slightly ill. >

That's what I wonder about, nothing happened after that.

Havent tried hunting yet though.

K.

Artha
11-06-2004, 11:05 AM
I think they tried to correct the -50 per round, but instead of taking it off first just gave you +50. Which, added together, is 0.

Kuyuk
11-06-2004, 12:52 PM
ahahah

You sense that your familiar has caught up with Rivalyn.
I>
Jarlstrom put a feras dagger in his gold spidersilk backpack.
I>
Jarlstrom removes a drake-wing golden rolaren waraxe from in his gold spidersilk backpack.
I>
Rivalyn put a battle-worn faenor-edged hatchet in his black leather backsack.
I>
Some tawny incense burns softly as a stream of cinnamon-scented smoke rises from its smoldering ashes.
I>
Quwir suddenly turns and grabs Rivalyn's wrist!
I>
Mulelip says, "Name tha tree."
I>
Jarlstrom just went east.
I>
Jarlstrom just arrived.
I>
Jarlstrom just went east.
I>
Quwir glances at Rivalyn.
I>
Mulelip just went east.
I>
Mulelip just arrived.
I>
Quwir intones a phrase of elemental power while raising his hands...
I>
Rivalyn scowls.
I>
Quwir gestures at Rivalyn.
CS: +494 - TD: +196 + CvA: +2 + d100: +86 - -5 == +391
Warding failed!
Rivalyn's eyes roll up into his head as he slumps to the ground.
I>
Rivalyn snores quietly.
I>
Mulelip squints.
I>
Jarlstrom just arrived.
I>
Quwir gruffly says, "You will not bother me thief."
I>e
>e
[Krodera Street]
There is an enormous hole in the middle of this cobblestone street, wide enough to swallow a small hill and deep enough that you can't see the bottom. The dwarves who wander by ignore it, walking around the edges on their way. A small wooden booth sits near the edge of the crater. You also see a shabby hovel and a rectangular portal with strange mists slowly swirling across the face in a smooth hypnotic pattern.
I>
[Krodera Street]
The walls of the canyon loom overhead. The street continues inside them to the east, entering a vast, dimly-lit tunnel. Dwarves and other folk wander in and out, some stopping at a small, bright-blue wooden shop here outside. A thick plume of black smoke puffs silently out of the shop's chimney and the faint smell of burning bread wafts throughout the street. You also see a large fruit bat that is flying around and a flight of stone steps.
Also here: Mulelip, Rivalyn who is sleeping, Quwir
I>
Your disk arrives, following you dutifully.
I>
Mulelip begins chuckling at Rivalyn!
I>poke riv
I>
Quwir pulls some sickly looking spores from his pouch and throws them about the area.
I>
Rivalyn awakens startled.
You poke Rivalyn in the ribs.
I>
Mulelip gives Rivalyn a friendly prod against the back.
I>
Rivalyn stands up.
I>
Quwir trudges east.
I>
Rivalyn scowls.
I>
Mulelip just went east.
I>
The fruit bat flaps off.
I>506 riv
*** TypoHelp: Converted "506 riv" to PREP 506 and CAST AT riv

You recite a series of mystical phrases while raising your hands, invoking Haste...
Your spell is ready.
I>
You gesture at Rivalyn.
Rivalyn begins moving faster than you thought possible.
I>
* Zandegey just bit the dust!
I>
You feel at full magical power again.
I>e
I>
[Krodera Street]
Also here: Mulelip, Quwir
I>
I>
Mulelip says, "Those gonna start growin mushrooms all over tha place if ye don be careful."
I>
* Vandesmire just bit the dust!
I>
Quwir gruffly says, "Spore are for growing, not for eating."
I>
Quwir put a handful of sickly spores in his leather pouch.
I>
Quwir pulls some sickly looking spores from his pouch and throws them about the area.
I>tell fam to look

The images are jumbled and rush by quickly. You realize your familiar is racing across the countryside in search of someone.

I>
Mulelip says, "Ye're a biggun compared ta Loy."
I>tell fam to find mulelip
I>
Quwir trudges east.
I>
Mulelip just went east.
I>e
Also here: Mulelip, Quwir
I>
I>
* Qith just bit the dust!
I>
I>tell fam to go w
You concentrate on commanding your familiar . . .
The bat flaps west.
[Krodera Street]
I>tell fam to go w
The bat flaps west.
[Krodera Street]
The walls of the canyon loom overhead. The street continues inside them to the east, entering a vast, dimly-lit tunnel. Dwarves and other folk wander in and out, some stopping at a small, bright-blue wooden shop here outside. A thick plume of black smoke puffs silently out of the shop's chimney and the faint smell of burning bread wafts throughout the street. You also see a flight of stone steps.
I>tell fam to go w
* Ryever just bit the dust!
I>
The bat flaps west.
[Krodera Street]
There is an enormous hole in the middle of this cobblestone street, wide enough to swallow a small hill and deep enough that you can't see the bottom. The dwarves who wander by ignore it, walking around the edges on their way. A small wooden booth sits near the edge of the crater. You also see a shabby hovel and a rectangular portal with strange mists slowly swirling across the face in a smooth hypnotic pattern.
I>tell fam to go n
There is no such direction in that area.
I>
Quwir gruffly says, "I am no stronger than Loy."
I>tell fam to go n
I>tell fam to go w
The bat flaps west.
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony. You also see a mule, the Ugglorr disk, the Orobini disk, some tawny cinnamon incense, a forest wolf, the violet Neopuron disk, a wooden table with some stuff on it, a red granite statue, a wrought iron sign and a lava tube.
Also here: Ugglorr, Jarlstrom, Orobini, Bllkhawk who is sitting, Snook who is sitting, Keyren who is sitting, Mistomeer who is sitting, Fawkes, Neopuron
I>
Bllkhawk gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...
I>tell fam to go n
Bllkhawk gestures at Fawkes.
A light blue glow surrounds Fawkes.
I>tell fam to go n
The bat flaps north.
Dragonspine broadens into a wide plaza, a bazaar paved with grey and white granite flagstones. The foot traffic, mostly preoccupied dwarves, mingles with ox carts, pack horses, and burros laden with goods. Vendors have set up wooden booths to peddle their assorted wares.
I>tell fam to go n
The bat flaps north.
I>tell fam to go n
The bat flaps north.
[Dragonspine and Glaes]
The town walls lie perhaps one hundred feet to the north, with dwarven militiamen pacing back and forth atop them. A rock garden to the west displays a wide variety of fascinating boulders. Beyond the garden, a barge makes its way south down the River Muagh, its decks piled high with freshly-cut logs. To the east Glaes Street, lined with small wood and stone homes, continues a few hundred feet to the walls of the canyon.
I>tell fam to go n
The bat flaps north.
[Kharam-Dzu, Town Gates]
I>
I>tell fam to go gate
The fruit bat went through a sturdy wooden gate.
I>
Mulelip is admiring Quwir.
I>w
>w
[Krodera Street]
I>w
[Krodera Street]
I>
I>
[Krodera Street]
I>w
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony. You also see a mule, the Ugglorr disk, the Orobini disk, some tawny cinnamon incense, a forest wolf, the violet Neopuron disk, a wooden table with some stuff on it, a red granite statue, a wrought iron sign and a lava tube.
Also here: Ugglorr, Jarlstrom, Orobini, Bllkhawk who is sitting, Snook who is sitting, Keyren who is sitting, Mistomeer who is sitting, Fawkes, Neopuron
I>n
>n
>n
>n
I>n
I>
[Dragonspine and Glaes]
I>
[Kharam-Dzu, Town Gates]
I>n
>n
You can't go there.
I>
You can't go there.
I>
You can't go there.
I>
I>tell fam to find mulelip
I>go gate
The wood-and-stone walls of a sizeable town rise before you. Mail-clad dwarves pace atop them, looking over your head up the canyon. The road enters the wide-open gates. Dwarves, giantmen, and burro-drawn carts pass through them into the bustle of the town. The river flows north through a gap in the walls to the west. Several squat barge wallow their way upon it. You also see a large fruit bat that is flying around and a deckhand.
I>
I>n
>n
I>n
I>
You can't go there.
I>
You sense that your familiar has caught up with Mulelip.
I>nw
[Cobblestone Road]
The road is lined with tree stumps, shrubs and weeds. It runs toward the base of a canyon, which opens to the south. A great mountain dominates the horizon beyond the canyon. The peak is ringed with dark storm clouds. The outer walls of a good-sized town are barely visible within the canyon.
I>
Mulelip asks, "Ye know of tha mistress?"
I>
I>525
*** TypoHelp: Converted "525" to PREP 525 and CAST

You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Meteor Swarm...
Your spell is ready.
I>
You are visible again.
You gesture.
You throw your arms skyward!
>
Quwir gruffly says, "Mayhaps, I am an elder tree."
>

A low roar of quickly parting air can be heard above!
>525

Wait 2 sec.
>
>525

Wait 1 sec.
>
>525

You intone a phrase of elemental power while raising your hands, invoking Meteor Swarm...
Your spell is ready.
>
You gesture.
>

>930
*** TypoHelp: Converted "930" to INCANT 930.

You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Familiar Gate...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
A swirling grey-blue mist slowly fills the area. It begins to spin faster and faster, congealing into a large upright disk. The mist slows its spinning and within the swirling vapors you can make out an opening.
A swirling grey-blue mist slowly fills the area. It begins to spin faster and faster, congealing into a large upright disk. The mist slows its spinning and within the swirling vapors you can make out an opening.
>

A thick plume of grey smoke billows from the mouth of the volcano.
>
Rivalyn comes out of hiding.
>
Rivalyn put a battle-worn faenor-edged hatchet in his black leather backsack.
>
Rivalyn just went into a swirling mist, dragging Quwir with him.
Rivalyn just came out of a swirling mist, dragging Quwir with him.
>se
>s
>s
>s
>s
>
You can't go there.
>s
>
You can't go there.
>
You can't go there.
>
Mulelip just went west.
>
Rivalyn just arrived.
>
The swirling mist begins to speed up as it spirals back into the opening and fades away.
>tell fam to find qu
>
Mulelip just came through the wooden gates.
>
Mulelip just went north.
>
You sense that your familiar has caught up with Quwir.
>
Mulelip just arrived.
>tell fam to watch
It is already paying as much attention as it can.
>
A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Mistomeer.
>
Mulelip just went through the wooden gates.
>
Quwir slowly comes back to consciousness.
Quwir gets to his feet.
Quwir wanders off.
>
Mulelip just came through the wooden gates.
>
Several flaming rocks burst from the sky and smite the area!

>
Mistomeer grins.
>grin
You grin.
>
Mulelip asks, "Meteor swarm?"
>
Mulelip chuckles.
>nod
You nod.
>cackle
You cackle!
>'did it kill em?
Mistomeer joins Mulelip's group.
>
You ask, "Did it kill em?"
>
Rivalyn just went through the wooden gates.
>
Mulelip says, "Didn't see him when I went up there."
>'I saw him come back to consciousness
You say, "I saw him come back to consciousness."
>'so I assume I sqashed em
You say, "So I assume I sqashed em."
>
Mistomeer slings a veniom-bound rolaren tower shield off from over his shoulder.
>
Mulelip asks, "What's tha bat say?"
>'but then he wandered off
>
You say, "But then he wandered off."
>chuckle
You chuckle.
>
Mulelip says, "Ahh."
>pose
You strike a heroic pose.
>
You sense that your familiar has caught up with Quwir.
>
Quwir trudges east.
>'Two down
You say, "Two down."
>
Quwir trudges in.
>tell fam to look
Quwir just went down a cobblestone road.
>
Mulelip says, "He was older than Loy."
>
>916

You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Invisibility...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You become invisible.
I>
Quwir trudges in.
I>
I>
Mulelip nods curtly to Quwir.
I>
Fawkes just strode purposefully through the wooden gates.
I>l
The wood-and-stone walls of a sizeable town rise before you. Mail-clad dwarves pace atop them, looking over your head up the canyon. The road enters the wide-open gates. Dwarves, giantmen, and burro-drawn carts pass through them into the bustle of the town. The river flows north through a gap in the walls to the west. Several squat barge wallow their way upon it. You also see a large fruit bat that is flying around, the purple Surgla disk and a deckhand.
Also here: Fawkes, Quwir, Mulelip, Mistomeer
I>
Quwir nods to Mulelip.
I>
Mistomeer raises a hand while murmuring a soft orison...
Mistomeer gestures.
A pure white aura sparkles around Mistomeer.
I>n
I>515
*** TypoHelp: Converted "515" to INCANT 515.

You recite a series of mystical phrases while raising your hands, invoking Rapid Fire...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You feel the magic surge through you.
(Your next spell will be re-prepared upon its casting.)
I>
I>
Mulelip asks, "Ye know tha mistress then?"
I>
Mistomeer traces a sign while petitioning the spirits for cognition...
Mistomeer gestures.
An opalescent aura surrounds Mistomeer.
I>prep 525
Your spell is ready.
I>cast
>cast
>cast
>cast
You are visible again.
You gesture.
[Spell re-prepared]
>
You gesture.
[Spell re-prepared]
>
You gesture.
[Spell re-prepared]
>
You gesture.
[Spell re-prepared]
>

>

>

>

>release
>
You feel the magic of your spell rush away from you.
>
The tingling sensation and sense of security leaves you.
>tell fam to stay
>
You feel less confident than before.
>n
>n
>n
You can't go there.
>
You can't go there.
>nw
[Cobblestone Road]
>
>go road
>
>tell fam to look
Mulelip gazes up into the heavens.
>
Also here: Fawkes, Quwir, Mulelip, Mistomeer
>
>
Quwir gruffly says, "Your people have become bothersome."
>
>
Dozens of flaming meteors light the sky nearby!
>
>
>
>
Mistomeer whistles tunelessly to himself.
>
Mulelip's group just went through the wooden gates.
>
Quwir trudges north.
>
The light blue glow leaves you.
>
Several flaming meteors light the nearby sky!
>

Fawkes is struck by a burning projectile, taking 28 points of damage!
... 25 points of damage!
... 15 points of damage!
>
>
>sign of wracking
You shudder as your life force is torn and reshaped!
You feel drained!
>tell fam to go n
With a great leap, the fruit bat launches itself into the air.
The bat flaps north.
>916

Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You become invisible.
[Spell re-prepared]
I>tell fam to go n
The bat flaps north.
I>
The deep blue glow leaves you.
I>

I>tell fam to go nw
The bat flaps northwest.
[Cobblestone Road]
I>
Alezander just arrived.
I>
I>
Alezander just went down a cobblestone road.
Alezander just came down a cobblestone road.
I>
Alezander just went southeast.
I>tell fam to go se
With a great leap, the fruit bat launches itself into the air.
The bat flaps southeast.
I>
I>

I>tell fam to go s
The bat flaps south.
I>tell fam to go s
The bat flaps south.
The wood-and-stone walls of a sizeable town rise before you. Mail-clad dwarves pace atop them, looking over your head up the canyon. The road enters the wide-open gates. Dwarves, giantmen, and burro-drawn carts pass through them into the bustle of the town. The river flows north through a gap in the walls to the west. Several squat barge wallow their way upon it. You also see a ruffed lemur and a deckhand.
Also here: a stunned Fawkes
I>
I>
You feel the surge of magic depart.
I>
I>
Fawkes strides away moving north.
I>l
Grass, shrubs, and even small hills have been flattened by a logging road many yards wide stretching between the forest to the west and the settlement to the east. Carts trundle by frequently, and it appears that at times the traffic has been heavy enough to carve two separate sets of ruts into the mud. A small peak rises to the south, and the low stone buildings of a sizeable town dot its slopes. A cobblestone road heads south, towards the town. You also see the purple Surgla disk.
I>
The ruffed lemur pads off.
I>chuckle
You chuckle.
I>
I>
Fawkes just strode in.
I>tell fam to go n
The bat flaps north.
I>
I>
You feel less drained.
I>
I>tell fam to go n
The bat flaps north.
I>
You feel the magic of your spell depart.
I>tell fam to go nw
The bat flaps northwest.
[Cobblestone Road]
I>
Vanatar just arrived.
I>
Vanatar just went up a cobblestone road.
Vanatar just came up a cobblestone road.
I>
Vanatar just went east.
I>tell fam to find rivalyn
I>
I>
Orobini settles into the difficult task of picking the lock on a badly damaged mithril chest.
Then...CLICK! It opens!
I>
Mistomeer's group just went south.
I>
Rivalyn just went north.
I>
Orobini put a diamond-edged black vaalin lockpick in her locksmith kit.
I>
Fawkes strides away moving south.
I>
A forest wolf saunters in.
I>
I>
* Snook just bit the dust!
I>
* Orobini just bit the dust!
I>
* Ugglorr just bit the dust!
I>
* Keyren just bit the dust!
I>
* Bllkhawk just bit the dust!
I>
* Jarlstrom just bit the dust!
I>
The sound of a gong echoes throughout the area, its vibration lasting for some time. The tremors seem to pass through everything around you.
I>tell fam to go s
>tell fam to go s
The bat flaps south.
[Dragonspine and Glaes]
I>tell fam to go s
>tell fam to go s
The bat flaps south.
Also here: Quwir, Alezander
I>
The bat flaps south.
I>
The bat flaps south.
The street widens into a circular plaza several hundred feet across. Dwarves and giantmen lounge on stone benches by a massive granite fountain in the center. The burbling of the waters, the low mumblings of the dwarves and the booming laughter of the giants somehow blend together into a vibrant harmony. You also see a forest wolf, a hooded pitohui that is flying around, some tawny cinnamon incense, a wooden table with some stuff on it, a red granite statue, a wrought iron sign and a lava tube.
Also here: the body of Ugglorr who is lying down, the body of Jarlstrom who is lying down, the body of Orobini who is lying down, the body of Bllkhawk who is lying down, the body of Snook who is lying down, the body of Keyren who is lying down
I>

I>
The sound of a gong echoes throughout the area, its vibration lasting for some time. The tremors seem to pass through everything around you.
I>

I>
I>
A forest wolf pads east.
I>
Alezander just arrived.
I>
I>

I>
Alezander just went north.
I>
I>
The hooded pitohui pauses to chirp a light melody.
I>
* Alezander just bit the dust!
I>
I>
I>
A forest wolf saunters in.
I>
I>
I>tell fam to say Har!
The fruit bat whistles, "Har!"
Roundtime: 5 sec.
IR>
IR>
You return to normal color.
I>
I>
I>
A forest wolf quietly pads north.
I>

I>
Quwir trudges in.
I>
Quwir trudges south.

Kuyuk
11-06-2004, 12:58 PM
>
A cloud of dense silvery fog suddenly appears. The fog quickly dissipates to reveal Gothique.
H>
Quwir gruffly says, "I'm not concerned with who I meet."
H>
Gothique appears to be focusing her thoughts while chanting softly...
H>
Gothique gestures at Quwir.
As an intense look of concentration crosses Gothique's face, a pulse of pearlescent energy ripples toward Quwir!
CS: +455 - TD: +399 + CvA: +19 + d100: +17 - +5 == +87
Warded off!
H>
Gothique gives Jaqen a warm buss on the lips.
H>
Gothique gives Jaqen a warm buss on the lips.
H>
Mistomeer just arrived.
H>
H>
As an intense look of concentration crosses Gothique's face, a pulse of pearlescent energy ripples toward Quwir!
CS: +455 - TD: +399 + CvA: +19 + d100: +15 - +5 == +85
Warded off!
H>
H>
H>
CS: +455 - TD: +399 + CvA: +19 + d100: +22 - +5 == +92
Warded off!
H>
Quwir gestures at Gothique.
CS: +494 - TD: +342 + CvA: +13 + d100: +12 - -5 == +182
Warding failed!
Wisps of black smoke swirl around Gothique and she bursts into flame!
... 25 points of damage!
Abdomen bursts into flames. Would be funny without the blood.
She is stunned!
... 25 points of damage!
Flames incinerate left leg to the bone. Not a pleasant sight.
She is knocked to the ground!
... 30 points of damage!
Extreme heat causes Gothique's right arm to expand and snap. That must hurt!
... 60 points of damage!
Flame engulfs back: Gothique flambe!

* Gothique drops dead at your feet!

The air calms down around Gothique.
The powerful look leaves Gothique.
The very powerful look leaves Gothique.
The white light leaves Gothique.
The deep blue glow leaves Gothique.
The light blue glow leaves Gothique.

Someone mutters, "Murder by Quwir! Call the Dwarven deputy!"

H>
* Gothique just bit the dust!

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-06-2004, 01:04 PM
I think when you resort to rapid fire meteors, you should wipe your pussy and go home...

Kitsun
11-06-2004, 01:07 PM
You should be shot for using rapidfire meteor swarm.

Kuyuk
11-06-2004, 01:08 PM
Ahaha. It works great though.

K.

The Cat In The Hat
11-06-2004, 01:27 PM
I got pwnd...

Numbers
11-06-2004, 02:13 PM
I'm missing the point of this log.

From what I gathered from reading it, a couple of GM's made ent characters, and the Teras residents set out to kill them immediately, with what appeared to be no RP whatsoever.

Accurate?

Zentoph
11-06-2004, 02:33 PM
The first treant kept exclaiming that her mistress was going to come and kill them all. She was also spreading sickly looking spores all over the place, perhaps a poisonous flora meant to overrun the island? Who knows.

I started skimming after that, maybe the other treants were passing omens of destruction, maybe not. I wouldn't like one of them living after the first of their kind ever seen in the area promised the death of everyone.

Kuyuk
11-06-2004, 02:41 PM
Yeah, she was sayin how we were all gonna die, etc etc.

K.

The Cat In The Hat
11-06-2004, 02:53 PM
Um... the ent meteor stormed the statue area, there was RP.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-06-2004, 03:10 PM
[Evil Tree Headquarters]
Kill them all! No race goes unscathed. Power to the Veggies! When Veggies attack. You also see a white owl, a Ta'Vaalor gate, a Ta'Illistim opening, a Zul Logoth cave, an Icemule slide, a River's Rest Dock, a Solhaven portal, a Teras entrance and a Landing exit.
Also here: GameMaster Zilana, Wariquan, Tofui
Obvious paths: none

edit: Tofui is the ent that was spreading seeds in the landing, and well, I gated to him...

Whoops.

[Edited on 11-6-2004 by Suppa Hobbit Mage]

The Cat In The Hat
11-06-2004, 03:14 PM
:lol: Thats funny!

I still wonder if they're evil...

Kuyuk
11-06-2004, 03:21 PM
LOL, nice

K.

Makkah
11-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Yea those treants are going around all the towns spreading spores and rubbing twigs. Looks like the release event for 635.

rht

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-06-2004, 03:45 PM
>info
Name: Tayvin Dreamforge Race: Halfling Profession: Wizard (not shown)

Report Who turned me into a woman?!

SEND[Zilana] Thats for being a girly man.

Report Murp found it too!

SEND[Zilana] He didn't gate to my room!

The Cat In The Hat
11-06-2004, 03:48 PM
:heart: Zilania.

She's easilly my favorite GM, even though I know someones gonna disagree and start listing what they think her bad qualities are and such, dont bother I've heard them

BigBadBonar
11-06-2004, 03:51 PM
:ohshit::rofl::sucker:

Makkah
11-06-2004, 03:54 PM
yeah when I got a fine for killing a treant in town, Zilana cleared my whole warrant history for the town. She's awesome.

rht

Meos
11-06-2004, 04:49 PM
wait, was Quwir a GM char?

The Cat In The Hat
11-06-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Meos
wait, was Quwir a GM char?

Thats a YES

Meos
11-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Am I the only one that read Quwir as "queer"... I think I'm offended.

[Edited on 11-7-2004 by Meos]

Kuyuk
11-07-2004, 12:50 AM
Hehe.

>
Navsh roars, "This is the last warning. Everyone must leave now or face the consquences!"
I>

>look nav
You see Navsh the Tree Herder.
He appears to be a Treant.
He appears to be very young and towering. He has sunken malevolent dark eyes and sickly off-green skin. He has a twisted mass of twigs, leaves, dirt and green moss for hair swept back from the temples. He has a flat face, a gnarled nose and a wooden trunk-like chest. He has thick, muscular arms of twisted vines and massive bulging roots that serve as legs.
He is in good shape.
He is holding a broken tree branch in his right hand.
He is wearing a small knothole, a leaf-covered wooden tunic, and a engraved leather pouch.
Tchzin put a spiked onyx scarab in his fel trunk.
I>
The voice of Rivalyn says, "Methadun, get the boxes off the ground."
I>
The focused look leaves Tchzin.
I>
Silversi glances at Navsh.
I>
Shalla blinks at Navsh.
I>
Methadun firmly says, "Ah those ours."
I>
Methadun nods.
I>
Methadun picks up an enruned iron trunk.
I>
Tchzin offers Asben a scratched fel trunk.
I>
Methadun offers Breager an enruned iron trunk.
I>
Asben accepts Tchzin's fel trunk.
I>
Methadun leans on Breager.
I>
Silversi says, "Well, isn't that nice."
I>
Navsh pulls some sickly looking spores from his pouch and throws them about the area.
I>
Asben says, "Thanks."
I>
Methadun put a scratched fel chest in his spidersilk cloak.
I>
Asben nods to Tchzin.
I>
Tchzin asks, "1 only?"
I>
Breager accepts Methadun's iron trunk.
I>
Tchzin nods.
I>513 navsh
*** TypoHelp: Converted "513 navsh" to PREP 513 and CAST AT navsh

Exjavier asks, "What's going on?"
I>
You recite a series of mystical phrases while raising your hands, invoking Elemental Focus...
Your spell is ready.
I>
You gesture at Navsh.
CS: +252 - TD: +364 + CvA: +19 + d100: +62 - -5 == -26
Warded off!
I>
Silversi says, "Gah, no more spores."
I>
Breager begins to meticulously examine an enruned iron trunk.
I>
Asben says, "Aye."
I>
Shalla darkly says, "Spores."
I>
Methadun blinks.
I>
Navsh utters a light chant and raises his hands, beckoning the lesser spirits to his aid...
I>
Navsh gestures while calling upon the lesser spirits for aid...
I>
Navsh gestures.
Navsh dispels your invisibility!
>916

Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You become invisible.
I>
Methadun laughs!
I>snicker
Asben removes a spiked onyx scarab from in his fel trunk.
I>
You snicker.
I>
Exjavier put an onyx-inlaid sterling silver stickpin in his black greatcloak.
I>
Methadun picks up a sturdy wooden chest.
I>
I>
Navsh gestures.
>916

Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You become invisible.
I>
Asben gathers the remaining coins from inside his fel trunk.
I>
I>
I>
Navsh gestures.
>916

Methadun removes a scratched fel chest from in his spidersilk cloak.
>
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
You become invisible.
I>
Elforia stands up.
I>chuckle
You chuckle.
I>
Methadun offers Tchzin a scratched fel chest.
I>
Exjavier removes an elegant silver rowan runestave from in his black greatcloak.
I>
Asben says, "Woo."
I>
Tchzin accepts Methadun's fel chest.
I>
Breager peers quizzically at Elforia.
I>
Tchzin begins to meticulously examine a scratched fel chest.
I>
Great Lord Asben just went south.
I>
Methadun nods curtly to Exjavier.
I>
Breager makes a quick gesture while calling upon the powers of the elements...
I>
Navsh scans his surroundings with the alertness of a seasoned scout.

>l
Navsh gestures.

An agitated dwarf bounds off muttering, "Navsh has committed endangering public safety!"

H>
Asben says, "And the double in pt."
H>
Shalla removes a wide-grained deringo runestaff from in her black leather cloak.
Shalla stands up.
H>
A thorny vine suddenly sprouts from the ground and begins to thrash about violently!
The thorny vine lashes out, but is unable to grasp ahold of anything.
H>
Lady Shalla just went north.
H>
The scintillating light fades from Tchzin's hands.
H>
Methadun firmly says, "Ah."
H>
Methadun ducks his head.
H>
Silversi stares at Navsh.
H>
Breager grins.
H>
The thorny vine lashes out, but is unable to grasp ahold of anything.
H>
* Odysyus just bit the dust!
H>sign of madness
H>
You are filled with berserk rage! Attack! Attack! Attack!
H>
Elforia blinks.
H>
Asben searches around for a moment.
H>
Asben searches around for a moment.
Asben has spotted you!
H>amb nav neck

A number of dwarves hurry in, led by the Dwarven deputy.

With great ease, the Dwarven deputy grabs Navsh and shackles his wrists.

"Aha, rapscallion! I have you!" the Dwarven deputy cries out.
The Dwarven deputy then drags him off.

H>
What were you referring to?

Heh.

K.

The Cat In The Hat
11-07-2004, 01:04 AM
ROFL :popcorn2:

I can't wait for the invasions! Fun fun!

Stunseed
11-07-2004, 01:20 AM
I can't wait for 635.

Fear me. MUAHAHAHA! :tumble:

Drew
11-07-2004, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Stunseed
I can't wait for 635.

Fear me. MUAHAHAHA! :tumble:

Yes, fear a warding based spell....

Stunseed
11-07-2004, 01:31 AM
Sure. I only 1x in spells and if you're picky enough with what you hunt, I can ward most of it. I may have to alter my training plan to 100 spells instead of 80 til cap.

Drew
11-07-2004, 01:34 AM
The point is that spells in the ranger circle shouldn't use warding at all. At least not in it's 609 form, especially for our 35th level spell.

Stunseed
11-07-2004, 01:47 AM
I agree, I'm certainly not going to get 100 Ranger ranks to make one spell for 35 mana work.

Nilandia
11-07-2004, 05:58 AM
So.... killing NPCs just because you can...

Yeah, a bunch of trees are going around spreading spores. Ooo... scary... Can't have something different in town...

Excuse me if I don't see the point of this.

Nilandia

The Cat In The Hat
11-07-2004, 09:50 AM
* Snook just bit the dust!
I>
* Orobini just bit the dust!
I>
* Ugglorr just bit the dust!
I>
* Keyren just bit the dust!
I>
* Bllkhawk just bit the dust!
I>
* Jarlstrom just bit the dust!

I didnt try to kill him "because I can", Clearly, I couldnt.

I tried to kill him because he killed 6 people, who did absolutley nothing to him.

The spores will grow, the adult spores will attack, they made that part clear. if they wanted to repopulate the trees and let everyone live, i'd help them. But they dont, they want to kill everyone. Soooo... Yes, Im gonna kill them.

My character loves trees, so it's hard mentally on her to kill one however, she loves her isle more.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
11-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Nilandia
So.... killing NPCs just because you can...

Yeah, a bunch of trees are going around spreading spores. Ooo... scary... Can't have something different in town...

Excuse me if I don't see the point of this.

Nilandia

Actually, we talked to two seperate tree's yesterday in the landing at lenght before killing one of them. They are spreading the spores to take over the area. Specifically, because the area is overrun with savages (us) and I forget the name of it, it was Sisterhood of <insert doomish sounding name that I forget>.

They are spreading the spores to destroy the savages. That's what they said.

That is pretty clear what they want to do.

Iriscience
11-07-2004, 02:40 PM
So I log in today and fog to someone who died and killed by these tree assholes and their shit. So I depart, then this

>go ga
You attempt to move silently through the town gates.
[Wehnimer's, Outside Gate]
Citizens, merchants and assorted dregs of society jostle against you before the great wooden gates of Wehnimer's Landing. Harried guards and militiamen try to keep the chaos to a minimum, but it is hard to keep track of those entering, let alone leaving, this large trading post. A dirt path encircling the wooden palisade of the town leads east and southwest. Nailed prominently to the wooden wall beside the gate is a sign you really should read. You also see the Svardin disk, a hawk, a short sword, a wooden shield, some light leather, some light leather, a short sword, a short sword, some light leather, a wooden shield, a massive wheeled tower and a Wayside Inn.
Also here: Briah, Seti, Quwir
Obvious paths: north, east, southwest, northwest
Roundtime: 3 sec.
>
Quwir gruffly says, "We were attacked."
>
Seti gruffly says, "Because we must..."
>
Quwir nods to Briah.
>'Hey tree bastards, you got me killed
Briah asks, "By whut?"
>
You say, "Hey tree bastards, you got me killed."
>
Seti gestures while summoning the spirits of nature to her aid...
>
Olryn just came through the wooden gates.
>
Seti gestures.
A sudden burst of bright light emanates from Seti's hand!
You are revealed from hiding!
Svardin is revealed from hiding!
>
Merikas just arrived.
>
Merikas just went through the wooden gates.
>die set
You chant a reverent litany, clasping your hands while focusing upon the Bane spell...
Your spell is ready.
>
You channel at Seti.
A sickly, violet haze encompasses Seti.
CS: +482 - TD: +369 + CvA: +19 + d100: +69 == +201
Warding failed!
The violet haze violently swirls around the Seti, scorching the skin of Seti.
Seti is hit for 88 points of damage!
... 50 points of damage!
Whiplike blast of plasma creates a gaping hole in Seti's lower back!
She is stunned!
>
Merikas just came through the wooden gates.
>
Merikas just went southwest.
>
Svardin looks around for a moment before sighing disappointedly.
>die set
You chant a reverent litany, clasping your hands while focusing upon the Bane spell...
Your spell is ready.
>
You channel at Seti.
A sickly, violet haze encompasses Seti.
CS: +482 - TD: +369 + CvA: +19 + d100: +32 == +164
Warding failed!
The violet haze furiously swirls around the Seti, striking at Seti with small flashes of plasma.
Seti is hit for 67 points of damage!

* Seti drops dead at your feet!

Seti loses a thorny barrier.
Seti seems to lose an aura of confidence.
The white light leaves Seti.
The very powerful look leaves Seti.
Seti seems to lose some dexterity.
The light blue glow leaves Seti.
Seti no longer appears to be listening intently.
Seti is no longer moving so silently.
Seti appears less powerful.
Seti seems to lose some internal strength.
>
Barzelan just arrived.
>
>
Areski just arrived.
>
Olryn just went southwest.
>
Areski just went through the wooden gates.
>
Quwir gestures at you.
CS: +494 - TD: +302 + CvA: +2 + d100: +91 - -5 == +290
Warding failed!
Wisps of black smoke swirl around your body as it bursts into flame!
... 55 points of damage!
Flame consumes your right arm all the way to the shoulder.
You are stunned for 10 rounds!
... 50 points of damage!
Left leg completely charred.
You fall screaming to the ground grasping your mangled left leg!
... 45 points of damage!
Right eye evaporates in a burst of flame. Death from shock follows.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 13 mins...
>
Caladari just came through the wooden gates.
>
Svardin looks around for a moment before sighing disappointedly.
>
A subtle light fades from Barzelan's eyes.
>

>
Areski just came through the wooden gates.
>
The dim aura fades from around Barzelan.
>
Nothing happens.
>
Barzelan just went through the wooden gates.
>
Quwir gruffly says, "Do not attack my friends."
>
>'Idiot
You say, "Idiot."
>
Sandrylia just arrived.
>
Sandrylia just went through the wooden gates.
>

Dozens of long thorns suddenly grow out from the ground underneath Areski! Several of the thorns jab into him!
... hits for 14 points of damage!
... 28 points of damage!
Great shot penetrates thigh and shatters bone!
He is knocked to the ground!
He is stunned!
... hits for 34 points of damage!
... 40 points of damage!
Strike to wrist severs left hand!
... hits for 22 points of damage!

* Areski drops dead at your feet!

The brilliant luminescence fades from around Areski.
The bright luminescence fades from around Areski.
The silvery luminescence fades from around Areski.
Areski seems a bit less imposing.
The glowing specks of energy surrounding Areski suddenly shoot off in all directions, then quickly fade away.
Areski becomes solid again.

Then I departed again and they had already left.

Kainen
11-07-2004, 02:44 PM
a TREE using FIRE.. isnt that a little farefetched? Trees should FEAR fire.

11-08-2004, 09:38 AM
What happened to that Areski guy? It looks like he gets spikethorned, but no one casts at him/her in the log...

Nilandia
11-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by The Cat In The Hat
I didnt try to kill him "because I can", Clearly, I couldnt.

I tried to kill him because he killed 6 people, who did absolutley nothing to him.

The spores will grow, the adult spores will attack, they made that part clear. if they wanted to repopulate the trees and let everyone live, i'd help them. But they dont, they want to kill everyone. Soooo... Yes, Im gonna kill them.

My character loves trees, so it's hard mentally on her to kill one however, she loves her isle more.
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were trying to kill them just because you could. I meant the people who are rapid fire casting meteor storm. Just what are they trying to accomplish? One meteor storm is enough to kill pretty much anyone in the area, yet you wanted to cast how many?

From all the logs I've seen, it's just been a bunch of people trying to kill the NPCs, but no one has tried talking to them at all. If you guys have, I applaud you. I'm just not seeing it in the logs.

Nilandia

Eiderfleur
11-08-2004, 12:00 PM
Actually speaking for myself and Iluna, another wizard in Illistim I can say we both stalked two of the treants there to try talking to them, we cast at them, Iluna cast sleep at it while we discussed what we should do, and I cast ice patch to try to get it to stop running away from us so we could get information from it.

It was fun trying to RP with it and asking them both to stop throwing their sickly looking spores about.

They didn't offer us much information though.

Nilandia
11-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Like I said, I applaud people who actually talk to NPCs before they break out the spells or AS. I'm glad there are people like you out there, Cat and Eider.

It's the people who try to kill an NPC just because they can that really make me mad. Way to kill an opportunity for RP or a storyline. Last I checked, NPCs were around for RP, not your own personal target practice.

Nilandia

Amberlei
11-08-2004, 12:08 PM
I ran into a treant in TSC yesterday. I thought he was going to hurt the tree there and, being rather attached to it, was prepared to defend it. The Treant said he would never harm a tree, but he did say that we needed to stop destroying living beings to create our boxes and buildings with. Was rather a fun interaction, but very brief.