PDA

View Full Version : Would I be able to get this made?

Artha
07-31-2003, 06:01 PM
Would I be able to get a balaclava made?

Balaclavas (http://images.google.com/images?q=balaclava&btnG=Google+Search&hl=en&lr=&ie =UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=on)

Scott
07-31-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Artha

I doubt it since most GM's would wonder what the hell you were talking about. I know I had no idea what you meant until I saw what it was. Who knows though, about 2 months ago I was bored and decided to try something out, I got a GM to make me an ICE age metal alter.

It's possible to get it made, but I wouldn't count on it. Make sure you have a back up plan if it doesn't work.

Chyrain
07-31-2003, 08:04 PM
I've gotten alters done that the person doing it had no idea what it was...I just had to refer them to dictionary.com.

if they ask what it is, ask if you can send them to a site that shows them. Just because a merchant's vocabulary is limited, doesn't mean it's not possible.

Artha
07-31-2003, 08:47 PM
Yeah, I had ophidion (or however it's spelled) runes put on a cloak...the alterer thought it was some sort of seashell :)

imported_Kranar
07-31-2003, 08:55 PM
I got an alterer to make me a massive midnight blue rolaren tower shield darkly engraved with patterns of ancient elemental runes and surrounded by a dim blue glow.

Anything is possible if you get the right alterer.

Adhara
07-31-2003, 09:06 PM
I had to fight over a lot of my priestly alterations (dalmatic, polaire, amice, maniple etc) and was turned down because my nouns were too "obscure." Needless to say, what the alterer meant by obscure was that they had no idea what it was and didn't want to look it up. I argued that those items had a specific name and could not be called something else. If I was still refused, I'd have something else done and save the first one for another time.

I find that with premium alteration scrolls it is very hard to get something out of the ordinary since it goes through QC (= lazy and unimaginative) but most event alterers that don't have an attitude will do any reasonable requests. The more in a hurry they are, the more likely you are to get what you want.

Now you better not use that tip to get something really ugly with wavering runes of ultimate desctruction done or I will track you down, rip it off you and throw it down the well!!

P.S. Buying all ugly alterations so I can throw them down the well

Artha
07-31-2003, 09:12 PM
Actually, I wanted a blood stained black silk balaclava scribed with a single death rune made up of blood red runes of destruction, made up in turn of even smaller midnight black runes of war.

Adhara
08-01-2003, 12:20 AM
as long as it's not ULTIMATE destruction I guess it's alright!

All the blood and silly runes in the world still beat pictures of kind empaths resting a hand upon the wounded on a bloodied battlefield or the picture of a mighty evil wizard standing atop a volcano and sending roaring balls of fire down upon attacking legions or..... ok you get the point.

Artha
08-01-2003, 12:41 AM
Actually, that was going to be on the inside.

CrystalTears
08-01-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Adhara
All the blood and silly runes in the world still beat pictures of kind empaths resting a hand upon the wounded on a bloodied battlefield or the picture of a mighty evil wizard standing atop a volcano and sending roaring balls of fire down upon attacking legions or..... ok you get the point.

OMG! I second that! :lol:

Artha
08-01-2003, 12:52 AM
Not only that, but the legions are going to be wearing full black platemail, with runes of death and destruction and war scribed on the plate mail, and in the distance, you're going to see a single paladin, in shining silver armor battling off a horde of undead troll kings.

Dighn Darkbeam
08-01-2003, 08:41 AM
How many undead troll kings does it take to make a prooper horde?

Artha
08-01-2003, 09:50 AM
I'd say atleast 500 or so. A little less if they have gore encrusted claws.

Dighn Darkbeam
08-01-2003, 02:35 PM
Hah.

Do you(Open question) think changing a cape into a some vestments (priestly gear) would fly on an alteration scroll if I gave a brief verb and perhaps a link to describe what they are?

Artha
08-01-2003, 03:09 PM
Maybe...you might have to change it to something like Cassock, though.

Artha
08-01-2003, 09:41 PM
...I was joking. I think I'd have to stab out my eyes if I made something like that :)

[Edited on 8-2-2003 by Artha]

Edaarin
08-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Selling a veniom traced warlord's battleplate etched with ancient red veil iron elven runes of destruction emblazoned with the image of a demon with piercing urglaes eyes etched with acid.

Did I leave anything out?

Also, I'm looking for ideas, something along the lines of a trickster's bag. But I suck at altering. Someone shoot me a U2U if you can help?

Lord Whirlin
08-17-2003, 03:10 AM
I know I was able to get a band in my hair when I got my feature alter done. Even though that's supposed to be a big no-no on the alterer's info, since a band could always be removed and blah blah blah.
As for the scrolls, I don't know, I've never used one, but I'd think they'd actually look up a word for you, I mean, they *want* you to be happy, right? if not, why do they exist? Pretty crappy company if it doesn't keep it's customers satasfied. It's worth trying to throw a website in there with an explaination. What harm could come of it?

Artha
08-17-2003, 03:58 AM
They want you to be happy, but not by letting you do OOC things...that's why you can't have billowing stuff (for example) any more. Because wind makes something billow, and there's not always wind.

Adhara
08-17-2003, 09:10 AM
Were you able to get it done Righn? I just stumbled upon your post and I can testify on the matter. I had my backworn cloak turned into a vestment that is not a robe or cassock. I was turned down a couple times, the noun being deemed "too obscure" but I was finally able to get it. It wasn't via scroll though.

I'd like to see what you got. I have a nice collection of altered vestments and am always interested in seeing other people's designs.

Dighn Darkbeam
08-18-2003, 01:34 PM
I was able to get the alterer to settle with Flowing Dhe'nari Vestments. However we did not agree over several other points of the item, mainly I wanted to have something written in Dhe'nar-si and they would not allow it.

I tried submitting the translation and they werent happy with that either and wanted it reworded. In the end I just told them to remove the whole last line. Writing on clothing is on the verge of comical most times. I had thought hard about how I wanted to phrase it and they started to pick it apart.

I am still waiting for the final reply.

09-05-2003, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Artha

Balaclavas (http://images.google.com/images?q=balaclava&btnG=Google+Search&hl=en&lr=&ie =UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=on)

Yes, definately. That's common knowledge and they are a VERY common item in DR.

Shouldn't be a problem.