PDA

View Full Version : Billing Issue

cor aut mors
11-20-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm not even sure where this would go or if this is the right thread, if not, feel free to tell me to move it somewhere else.

Did anyone else get an e-mail from Simu stating:
"Due to a problem with our Billing Company, at least one charge on your account, within the last 3 months was marked as being successfully bill, but was actually not processed. We want to stress that this is not due to a problem with your credit or debit card, but rather a technical error with some recent changes our Billing Company made with how they label payments which they are working to resolve. This is just to inform you that we will be attempting to re-process the charge(s) during the week of November 29th. We apologize of any inconvenience this may cause."

It wasn't just one account, it was two accounts for TWO months, easily over $120. I should have noticed it sooner, but I rarely check my detailed account. Either way, I just wanted to know if I was the only one....

Orp
11-20-2010, 01:58 PM
no I got one of those to

Kitsun
11-20-2010, 02:04 PM
I noticed it last month and actually called them. They said everything went through fine despite not having any money gone for my accounts. I'm a little amazed they didn't notice they were missing money sooner.

phantasm
11-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Bank error in your favor, collect free month of Gemstone.

Jace Solo
11-20-2010, 02:34 PM
They also recently tried to bill me three time (telling me it wasn't going through). It definitely didn't go through and the canceled my account after their third attempt. Then I went and put the same card up for the same account and there was no problem. Dunno, first time I've seen that early.

cor aut mors
11-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Bank error in your favor, collect free month of Gemstone.

It's not a free month, although I believe since they screwed up, they should just write it off or collect it from their billing company. :rofl:

Gelston
11-20-2010, 02:49 PM
I got it for two accounts also

Sean
11-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Yea I got it also, on an account I didn't own in September. Lovely.

HouseofElves
11-20-2010, 03:25 PM
I got it for the past three months including my EG ticket. I'm calling on Monday. >.>

MokiePrime
11-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I got it too. They have me down for a second premie account which I have since closed, as well as my EG ticket. :(

Buckwheet
11-20-2010, 04:52 PM
Got it for five accounts going all the way back to August.

So $300, I have it billed to an account that just always has money in there.

Not sure what the hell they are doing. They are probably going to have a hard time collecting from a lot of people.

phantasm
11-20-2010, 05:19 PM
5 accounts for 3 months, you better ask if they can put you on a payment plan and split it up over a few months!

Buckwheet
11-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Two more two a different email for my premium accounts. 4 months for just about every account I had active.

Going to call them on Monday I guess.

B4Hand
11-20-2010, 07:31 PM
I got this same thing, good thing is it's just for the month of September, what I always get billed, but still. Of course it isn't something I check on every month either, just from an account that covers my "play" money.

cor aut mors
11-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Two more two a different email for my premium accounts. 4 months for just about every account I had active.

Going to call them on Monday I guess.

Did you ever get ahold of them? What was their response if so? I tried calling them half a dozen times last night and never got anyone on the phone.

Buckwheet
11-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Never got through, and with the Holidays upon me I won't have another chance.

So I guess I will see what happens on the 29th when they try and bill for something that does not have an active credit card on, especially for accounts I didn't own at the time the other person was not billed.

cor aut mors
11-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Never got through, and with the Holidays upon me I won't have another chance.

So I guess I will see what happens on the 29th when they try and bill for something that does not have an active credit card on, especially for accounts I didn't own at the time the other person was not billed.

Well, that is not the response I hoped for. I suppose on the 29th they are going to have a lot of pissed off people. This is a horrible time of year for them to be screwing up billing. Happy Holidays to us, I guess....

MokiePrime
11-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Just got off the phone with billing, and they seem to be very accommodating. I spoke with Chris who asked that I respond to the email that was originally sent, explain that I was unable to cover all of the charges at this time, and indicate what kind of payment options would work for me.

Buckwheet
11-23-2010, 02:03 PM
My issue will be more "interesting" as they were billing an expired credit card on some of the accounts. I never bothered to update the billing information so that it would just expire on the next bill cycle.

So not sure I want to pay for it.

Lambent
11-25-2010, 01:52 AM
charging THEIR billing company would be the right thing to do.... I've got it for 2 accounts both 3 months worth. Kinda pisses me off that they didn't catch it sooner on THEIR end since it is their responsibility to keep track. They do know how to grab us all by the balls and twist now don't they!.........damned GS addict

Kitsun
11-25-2010, 02:00 AM
I don't understand how you can get angry at them for letting you float a few months worth of charges. They're actually giving a heads up of hitting billing up on the 29th. They're twisting your balls for making you pay for usage?

HouseofElves
11-25-2010, 02:05 AM
I thought I was going to be cranky when I called, but Mike is always so damn cheerful and polite. He mentioned the payment plan options but I'd rather bite the bullet and get it all taken care of in one swoop. Just kind of sucks it's right before the holidays.

Shimeria
11-29-2010, 02:09 PM
I sent an e-mail because they are trying to collect on my account when I stoped playing in June. Not sure how they can collect for 6 months when I assumed it was closed, hopefully they can't.
The account has been non active till October when I logged in and have no issues paying for that month. Have they been responding to e-mails?

Methais
11-29-2010, 02:39 PM
I don't understand how you can get angry at them for letting you float a few months worth of charges. They're actually giving a heads up of hitting billing up on the 29th. They're twisting your balls for making you pay for usage?

I think it's more an issue of that when Simu screws up, it's always somebody else's fault but never theirs.

Any real company would just write it off instead of pissing off their customers.

Anyone remember 5 or so (probably longer) years ago when they changed their billing method and everyone, for all intents and purposes, got charged for an extra month? Pretty sure that was right around the holidays too.

GG Simu.

AnticorRifling
11-29-2010, 02:41 PM
Yeah that happened back when my account was still active so it's been at least 4 years.

diethx
11-29-2010, 03:15 PM
I sent an e-mail because they are trying to collect on my account when I stoped playing in June. Not sure how they can collect for 6 months when I assumed it was closed, hopefully they can't.
The account has been non active till October when I logged in and have no issues paying for that month. Have they been responding to e-mails?

I might be reading this wrong, but are you saying that you just quit playing the account but never closed it? You say you assumed it was closed but never actually closed it? And then you just logged back in in October? If so... it doesn't matter if you're active on the account or not. If the account is open, you'll be charged for it.

Shimeria
11-29-2010, 05:39 PM
I got an email in June that my account was closed though...

Lambent
11-29-2010, 10:48 PM
I think it's more an issue of that when Simu screws up, it's always somebody else's fault but never theirs.

Any real company would just write it off instead of pissing off their customers.

Anyone remember 5 or so (probably longer) years ago when they changed their billing method and everyone, for all intents and purposes, got charged for an extra month? Pretty sure that was right around the holidays too.

GG Simu.

exactly my point...... I'm the mngr of a small c-store and if we screw up, we eat the mistake.

Cephalopod
11-29-2010, 10:52 PM
exactly my point...... I'm the mngr of a small c-store and if we screw up, we eat the mistake.

My dog has the same rule.

Shimeria
12-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Mike was honorable and didn't make me pay for my account for the months it would have been canceled had their credit card system been working properly. He also offered payments spread out over a couple months if needed.
Yeah it sucks to pay that much in a lump sum during the holidays but I played and I have no issue paying the corrected amount.