PDA

View Full Version : Level 100 spell ideas

BriarFox
11-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Not that they'll ever implement them, but it's fun to think about what a hundreth-level spell would be. For instance:

6100 - Imaera's Anger

Learned only by the most powerful and dedicated masters of natural magics, this spell allows its caster to imbue momentary sentience into the world around him or her and to direct it to defend the caster or to attack enemies. Defensively, the spell shields the ranger with vines, bending tree limbs, and mounds of earth that suddenly rise up to block any attack and that then lash out at the attacker similarly to a focused Nature's Fury, but with a +100 boost above the ranger's own CS. Offensively, the spell has the effect of an extremely powerful Nature's Fury with the same CS boost as the defensive version. The offensive version affects the entire room, however, and hits the targets with three random elemental strikes rather than the one of 635.

Idle speculation, but what would you create for the other spheres?

Androidpk
11-19-2010, 07:43 PM
For paladins I think that it would be cool if your chosen deity would temporarily possess you. What happened would depend on who your god is. I'll think more about this and flesh it out later.

crb
11-19-2010, 08:09 PM
799 - Dead Pool (http://www.virilneus.com/blog/2010/03/01/750-deadpool/) Proposed as a 50th spell, as a 99th it'd definitely be able to be mobile.

1199 - VooDoo - The empath casts the spell at someone active in game, anywhere in game, cast it like locate base range on summoning lore. Then, for 10 minutes, every wound the empath takes appears on the target's body instead.

999 - Inferno - cone of major fire. That means, if 10 critters in the room, each critter would get hit 11 times (or until dead), 22 times for trolls, assuming you're trained right for splash damage. Any critter who doesn't die automatically gets set on fire, and afterwards the room is so hot if you stay inside it for too long you start to burn.

BigWorm
11-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Level 99 spells, not 100 plz.

599 could be Immunity to Element, with the element being based on some massive lore requirement.

Mike
11-19-2010, 08:12 PM
For paladins I think that it would be cool if your chosen deity would temporarily possess you. What happened would depend on who your god is. I'll think more about this and flesh it out later.

Being that this has already happened a couple times in game, the precedent is certainly there.

I would much rather see Clerics have it, though...

Asha
11-19-2010, 09:04 PM
And squares could just shout HO-OOOOOHHH and their sword would extend like 3 times until it was basically just a huge sword with a seeing eye hilt or something.

BriarFox
11-19-2010, 09:06 PM
And squares could just shout HO-OOOOOHHH and their sword would extend like 3 times until it was basically just a huge sword with a seeing eye hilt or something.

Dude, so cool.

Cephalopod
11-19-2010, 09:38 PM

I know what you're going for here, but I can't help but also think of this:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vlS_IRPM-HA/S6-81AO-2UI/AAAAAAAAATk/3xhtJCubvCI/s1600/duggan_hacksaw.jpg

Asha
11-19-2010, 09:48 PM
lol I'm with that!