PDA

View Full Version : Boil Earth (917)

J-Tech
04-19-2004, 07:49 PM
Alright, so i'm playing around with boil earth right, and i realize if i use it on the shadow mares in rooms that give like +30 to DS i can knock em to th ground so its easier to kill em in less hits, so i decide to try it on a night mare, which is 5 trains over me...this is th outcome:

You gesture at a night mare.
The ground beneath a night mare begins to boil violently!
Fiery debris explodes from the ground!
... 20 points of damage!
Stubs left hand finger.
... 30 points of damage!
Burst of flames to right arm burns skin bright red.
... 50 points of damage!
Flames cook a night mare's chest. Looks about medium well.
... 40 points of damage!
Nasty burns to back. Won't be sleeping on that for awhile.
... 35 points of damage!
Burst of flames to right hand fries palm. Ouch!
The ground then quickly cools.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Tha has to be my best and strongest boil ever doing 175 damage to the night mare...I've never seen boil hit like that.

J.T.

Snapp
04-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Boil is even more kick ass when it travels to someone else.. at least I assume we can do that since tree spirits do. :( Killed my whole group with one boil.

Bobmuhthol
04-19-2004, 07:56 PM
<<Flames cook a night mare's chest. Looks about medium well.>>

I suck today. I read cock instead of cook.

<<at least I assume we can do that since tree spirits do.>>

Training in Elemental Lore: Fire will increase damage done. Training in Elemental Lore: Earth will cause boil to shift to another target (consuming 5 more mana per shift.)

J-Tech
04-19-2004, 07:59 PM
Nice, cause i'm already training in fire lore and i plan to switch to earth lore, so how exactly do you make it shift to the next target, or does it randomly pick a next target by what creatures are in the room?

J.T.

Bobmuhthol
04-19-2004, 08:00 PM
I would think it switches to a random target. NPCs first, then PCs if necessary.

J-Tech
04-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Anyone that is trained in Earth Lore: Do you notice the shiftting to another target? If so how many different targets and how much Earth Lore do you have?

J.T.

Snapp
04-19-2004, 08:06 PM
I assume when used against PCs, it'd probably hit group members if it shifts like ball effect spells.. on critters, its random I'm sure.

Trinitis
04-19-2004, 08:32 PM
You mean something like...

You gesture at a rotting farmhand.
The ground beneath a rotting farmhand begins to boil violently!
... 20 points of damage!
Good blow to right leg!
The rotting farmhand is stunned!
... 70 points of damage!
Flame burns through a rotting farmhand's abdomen. Greasy smoke billows forth.
The rotting farmhand falls to the ground, rotting flesh falling from her bones.
The boiling ground shifts, erupting towards a rotting farmhand in a burst of flame!
... 10 points of damage!
Strike glances off the chest.
... 25 points of damage!
Burst of flames char abdomen a crispy black.
The rotting farmhand is stunned!
A rotting farmhand falls to the ground.
... 35 points of damage!
Flames incinerate right arm to the bone. Not a pleasant sight.
... 40 points of damage!
Fire burns through neck and destroys carotid artery. Painfully bloody way to die.
The rotting farmhand wails in terrifying pain one last time and lies still.
The ground then quickly cools.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

That? :)

J-Tech
04-19-2004, 08:34 PM
That was sick man, Good Job.

J.T.

Snapp
04-19-2004, 09:03 PM
:drool: :shibby:

Celexei
04-19-2004, 09:50 PM
how much elemental lores do you have?

Trinitis
04-19-2004, 10:01 PM
who me? The wizard has 22 ranks in each.

Celexei
04-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Not bad. I have 20 earth lores. Been thinkin bout goin after some fire. But might just concentrate with the earth.

Trinitis
04-19-2004, 10:05 PM
Honestly, I've seen no major beni to lores. Boil is not used all that often, and most the other lores are..well, meh.

I could drop all the lores on the wizard and pick up a bunch more spells and not flinch a bit. But its not my wizard, so ::Shrug::

-Adredrin

Fallen
04-20-2004, 01:41 PM
No benefit? Why not bulk up fire lore and use Boil earth for a knockdown and if the creature is still alive major/minor fire to finish it off?

Scott
04-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
Honestly, I've seen no major beni to lores. Boil is not used all that often, and most the other lores are..well, meh.

I could drop all the lores on the wizard and pick up a bunch more spells and not flinch a bit. But its not my wizard, so ::Shrug::

-Adredrin

Having fire lore does a hell of a lot for immolation, which is a gpod damage, crit, and knockdown spell.

Trinitis
04-20-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Fallen
No benefit? Why not bulk up fire lore and use Boil earth for a knockdown and if the creature is still alive major/minor fire to finish it off?

Because the wizard can do the same from stance guarded the entire time..and for less mana using a shot or two of 409. *shrug*

Bolt AS : 413
Spell CS : 439

[Edited on 4-20-2004 by LordAdredrin]

J-Tech
04-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by LordAdredrin
Bolt AS : 413
Spell CS : 439

Show off. :D

Fallen
04-20-2004, 08:29 PM
Elemental TD's are always way up there.

Snapp
04-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Gemstone101
Having fire lore does a hell of a lot for immolation, which is a gpod damage, crit, and knockdown spell.

Damn right. Immolation kicks MAJOR ass. The best of the newer wizards spells by far.