PDA

View Full Version : High-ish end THW

Valyss
11-11-2010, 03:04 AM
Not looking anymore, found something! Thanks all!

V

WRoss
11-11-2010, 09:20 AM
I'm curious why you don't want a mattock when they are essentially the same weapon as a maul. Mattocks and mauls can be altered to "a footman's hammer" so no one would know the wiser!

Valyss
11-11-2010, 01:31 PM
rplol!

ideally i'd have a greatsword or a claid, i'd only make an exception for a really nice maul because they're mechanically perfect

no ross, i wont buy your claid mattock :)

Sam
11-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I've got a 5x SCW Perfect Maul (7 points of weighting I believe).

JHarris
11-11-2010, 06:35 PM
While I'm with you on liking claids and swords more than hammers, I'm also confused why you wouldn't want a mattock (especially a claid weighted mattock) if you are willing to take a maul. Mattocks are, mechanically speaking, almost identical to mauls:

http://www.krakiipedia.org/wiki/User:PFLATS/Maul_v_Mattock

Mattocks are a bit weaker against plate and a bit stronger against leather, but are still better than greatswords against plate due to the crush only damage and identical DFs. Not to mention they are a second faster.

WRoss
11-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Also, there are quite a few really nice mattocks.

Androidpk
11-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Some just don't like the idea of swinging a mattock. Image(text?)/rp wise.

WRoss
11-11-2010, 06:54 PM
Alter it into "a footman's hammer" and you have the same thing as a maul. You could also go for an oncin or sabar.

I understand the RP thing, but the fact that he's discounting mattocks but not mauls is funny. The .025 DF difference against plate class is minimal.

Valyss
11-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Alter it into "a footman's hammer" and you have the same thing as a maul. You could also go for an oncin or sabar.

I understand the RP thing, but the fact that he's discounting mattocks but not mauls is funny. The .025 DF difference against plate class is minimal.

RP wise, I'd ideally have a greatsword or a claid. A maul is less of an RP departure for me than a mattock, although you're right- mechanically they're practically identical. I've only gotten a handful of alters in 10+ years, so that doesn't overly excite me either :/

Any 8x greatswords floating around out there? :)

Valyss
11-12-2010, 04:57 AM
thanks everyone for the PMs and the offers and input, but a weapon has been found!