PDA

View Full Version : My Ebon Gate end result. VERY happy. worth 40 bucks. Alters inside!

Lord Orbstar
11-06-2010, 01:46 AM
You are wearing an Ur-Daemon-crested mithglin aegis, some Ur-Daemon tooled leathers, a black raven-feathered harness, an onyx black raven-feathered cloak, a bright gold ring, a buckskin knapsack, a fringed suede mask painted with ebon whorls, a black alchemy bag, a pair of silk-lined sleek ebon leather shoes, a polished obsidian raven talisman with glittering onyx eyes, and a black onyx raven-engraved torc set with a faceted pale white crystal.

4x ENHANCIVE SHIELD ALTERED AND ENGRAVED and Lightened!

You sling an Ur-Daemon-crested mithglin aegis off from over your shoulder.
>read aegis
In the Common language, it reads:
"And the raven, never flitting,
Still is sitting, still is sitting on
The pallid bust of Voln above my door,
And his eyes have all the seeming
Of an Ur-daemon that is dreaming."
>

6x FULL LEATHER ALTER (lightened twice)
some Ur-Daemon tooled leathers
>look leather
The chest of this fine suit of leather is colorfully tooled with an Ur-Daemon gliding through a cerulean portal, its attention fixed upon its summoner. Below the man, an intricate rune has been worked in silver. Upon the left spaulder is a tooled raven. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

HARNESS ALTER (deepened)
>look at harness
Made to store weapons of war, the sturdy harness is decorated with alternating onyx raven and Ur-daemon figures. A pair of two, wide feather-tied straps would firmly secure the container to the wearer's body.

GIFT BOX ITEM ALTER

polished obsidian raven talisman with glittering onyx eyes

CRYSTAL SETTING (WHITE=509, BLACK=511) ALTERED

a black onyx raven-engraved torc set with a faceted pale white crystal.

CHARM

a cresting emerald wave charm scribed in silver with the word "Tempest" (registered)

SCABBARD, UNLOCKED

a bronze-throated curved white oak scabbard (3 straps so it can be worn anywhere)

SCRIPTED IDOL, awesome sauce. Love the reference to demons beyond the pale for those of you that may understand that...

You remove an asymmetrical Ur-daemon idol from in your raven-feathered cloak.
>look at my idol
Formed to resemble the legendary Ur-daemons from beyond the pale, the gleaming obsidian idol is crafted with assymetrical lines and sharp edges.

SET OF YANSIO CLOTHES, UNLOCKED. (and stylish)

a knee-length obsidian suede coat with a flared collar
an ivory walking stick incised with gold scrollwork designs
a fitted smoke black silk vest with vaalin buttons
some crisply cuffed elegant black silk trousers
a long-sleeved wine silk shirt with rolaren closures
a pair of silk-lined sleek ebon leather shoes

CLOAK (VLA, deepened twice)

an onyx black raven-feathered cloak

7x HCP AsG19 breastplate (three times lightened to 17 pounds)

>tap breast
You tap an onyx-veined spiked eahnor breastplate, which is in your right hand.
>look at my breast
Hammered discs of misty grey eahnor overlap each other, their surfaces striated with veins of onyx in a manner resembling tendrils of ebony smoke wending languidly across the armor. Several well-oiled links of vultite connect each disc, increasing mobility, and a lining of pale silver silk provides comfort. The onyx-inlaid buckles are engraved with roiling plumes of ornamentally fashioned tracery, and the entire breastplate is highly glossed to a mirror finish.

Had my 5x ECW falchion LIGHTENED to 4 pounds. (to dual weild falchions without the weight penalty!)

Had my 6x Iasha tier 3 (fully unlocked) "pitted white ora pike" altered (Voln)and Lightened once.

a slender white ora lance affixed with a white-on-black silk shield pennant

Got a bunch of stuff in preparation for MONKS...real soon now. Made a nice knuckleduster with a +10 STAM RECOVERY orb and +6 BRAWLING ORB in it. picked up some nice katars and other crap. I am very happy with Ebon Gate.

The merchants were fantastic, helpful and mostly FAST. Jeem in particular set land speed records. Good interaction and roleplay with all but one.

I spent about 9 million coins. I made about 18 million coins in good memories if such can be given value. :D

Lord Orbstar
11-06-2010, 01:48 AM
The buckskin knapsack looks ridiculous with that get up, but I didnt get to an alter for it...just deepened once I think.

Androidpk
11-06-2010, 02:16 AM
I think for $40 I made out all right too. 5 alters, 3 lightens.

Lord Orbstar
11-06-2010, 02:41 AM
Do tell! post em up!

prance1520
11-06-2010, 02:45 AM
My first pay festival, I was very pleased. 5 alters (weapon, satchel, crystal-holder, partial Bartlow sheath, fluff book), but I probably got 7 or 8 lighten/deepens total. The only standard service I wanted I couldn't seem to grab were spikes for a shield. I also won a raffle for a morphing tattoo, super happy there.

Merchants were fantastic to work with and speedy, as mentioned above. I look forward to festivals that are more high-end focused instead of shopping based, but I was very pleased with my $40.

I'm out of town, will post my alters when I get back.

Androidpk
11-06-2010, 02:59 AM
Nothing stupendous, I'm pretty retarded when it comes to thinking of good alters so I keep them pretty simple.

Had my armor, gloves, cloak, maul, and twohanded sword altered, no look descriptions though. The armor was lightened twice down to its maximum, weighs 12 lbs, sword was lightened once.

A suit of sanguine imflass armor embossed with intricate gold scrollwork
A pair of gold-trimmed ebon mesh gloves inset with sharpened blazestar claws
A floor-length black rolaren mesh battle-cloak
A pure white holy footman's hammer
A razor-honed black veil iron executioner's sword

Mogonis
11-06-2010, 03:03 AM
I'm pretty retarded.
Yoink!

Archigeek
11-06-2010, 03:36 AM
6 enhancives made non-crumbly
Two enhancives turned from barrettes or stickpins into clasps
5 lightenings
2 spirit rechargables recharged
Bunch of enhancive orbs made
Even more enhancive items sold before and during the fest.
And a full set of completely unlocked Yanzio clothes.

And most importantly, it's been fun.

I wish Rizyn would have come around a bit more. Didn't get to see him at all, and that would have been nice. And no raffle wins this time around. All in all good times though.

Asile
11-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Nothing stupendous, I'm pretty retarded when it comes to thinking of good alters so I keep them pretty simple.

Yanno... there were two opportunities to fix this before EG started in Prime. Just sayin'.

Count me as another very happy with my..um...$36 (yay Premium discount!).

Brad
11-07-2010, 07:20 PM
It was definitely a fun time with lots of stuff to be gotten from merchants. Not sure about the wurm/digging thing, but that's for another time. Merchants were definitely neat, as was a lot of merchandise. Here's the alters and engraving I got:

silver-hilted shiny black ora rapier with a helical laje inlay

>tap glov
You tap some stained gardening gloves that you are wearing.
>read glov
>
In the Common language, it reads:
Put hands in gloves first.
Love, Mom

a soft belt pouch shaped like an oversized acantha leaf

some gleaming vaalorn chainmail constructed of alternating virescent and golden links

And this!
Bunching your muscles tightly, you flex and proudly display a crudely inked upside down tattoo of two Sylvans kicking a lopsided zombie on your arm.

I also won that feature raffle and got my shield lightened once and my armor lightened to ~15 lbs.

Plus there were several fun times to be had through the time. I'm definitely glad to have come.

WRoss
11-07-2010, 07:24 PM
I got a 130 pendant fully charged, got 8 enhancives turned from crumbly to non-crumbly, got my 1000lb holding satchel altered, and lastly got my pin worn VLA jacket worked on by Rolarg with that spider clasp.

B4Hand
11-07-2010, 08:22 PM
The most awesome dress EVER..well the customized scripts. (this one service totally would have done it alone for me, I mean made it worth the ticket price)

Holding a pale blue dress with white blossom embroidery up to your face, you inhale deeply, and the scent of delicate iceblossoms fills your senses.

Standing with a free-spirited energy, you fluff the fabric of your dress out until it drapes down in a perfectly smooth and unblemished fashion.

You push your hands down against your dress in a nervous flutter of fingers.

You pull the lower portion of a pale blue dress with white blossom embroidery up slightly, displaying your legs. With a great deal of gumption, you move your feet in a slow motion, putting one foot in front of the other and swaying slightly to then stomp out an exotic, labyrinthine dance that leaves you breathless. As you finish, your fingers release the dress's fabric.

You dip your body, pulling the lower portion of a pale blue dress with white blossom embroidery out to either side of you so that the fabric drapes down like a gentle mist around your feet. As you complete the nearly perfect curtsy complemented by a warm, open smile, you rise to your feet.

I got my armor lightened to is lowest weight. (thanks to Darqwolf :hug2:)
I got a really neat mage rechargable cloak of shadows wand
My cloak deepened

This pretty pin that holds one item: (thank you Traiva :love: )
You tap an oval amber cabochon pin that you are wearing.
>look pin
Detailed carvings into the amber give the pin the appearance of an intricately spun silken cocoon. Two oblong flecks of jade are inlaid near the top to mirror one another, mimicking butterfly wings. There is a small inscription in Common on each bit of jade. One inscription reads "Rebirth," while the other reads "Renewal."

and this
>tap bag
You tap an embroidered gem bag. You hear the tinkling sound of several gems bouncing around inside.
>look bag
The interior of this gem bag is divided into tiny velvet-lined compartments, each approximately the size of a small gem. Crafted from ivory velvet, the bag is comprised of four outer panels sewn together with translucent gossamer thread. Each panel depicts one stage in the life of a butterfly. A tiny egg clings to a delicate blossom, while a dull-colored caterpillar rests atop a verdant leaf. Next, a glossy chrysalis hangs from a slender branch, and finally, a deep blue sky is filled with numerous green and amber butterflies. The bag is currently open and brilliant sparkles of reflected light dance across its contents.

AKOE!
11-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Yansio raffle hat(someone has to want this because I don't)
10 minute alteration session
7 general alters
7 lightening
3 deepening
1 script removal (padding/spikes)
2 heroism wands (they crumble unfortunately)
1 custom charm (that I'll never wear)
211 pendant recharged

Totally missed out on the forehead gems :( but I'm still happy :)

Jhynnifer
11-08-2010, 01:42 PM
I absolutely LOVE my Peretta gown. I really wanted her to design an alter for it, it seemed somehow right.

However, against my better judgement, I had another merchant design a metallic gown for me that I absolutely disliked, so I think going forward I will follow my instincts a bit better.

mikewstarr
11-16-2010, 06:14 AM
nice alters...except "A pair of two, wide feather-tied straps would firmly secure the container to the wearer's body"...a pair IS two, sounds weird to me, but nice stuff

Lord Orbstar
11-17-2010, 12:01 PM
nice alters...except "A pair of two, wide feather-tied straps would firmly secure the container to the wearer's body"...a pair IS two, sounds weird to me, but nice stuff

ya, that was not mine... the merchant put that on. eh, artistic license I guess. I was happy to get the alters so I didnt really bitch too much.

My fights were with the Ur-daemon thing. fortunately, one of the merchants knew her lore and we were talking about it and she made my ur-daemon idol. Thereafter, I had a couple merchants tell me no one know what an ur-daemon was or looked like. BOOM. pull out my idol, "This is what they looked like" I win.

My favorite part was the "beyond the pale" which is a term directly from Rolemaster. heh. Next i will be going for elf-demons...