PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anyone in the market for a new Wii?

Caetul
10-19-2010, 02:29 PM
So, my anniversary was 2 and a half months ago or so and the woman bought me a console system, just kind of the wrong kind, since she got me a Wii. I hardly use the thing, and while a great system, it's just not my style since it's geared to a more wider range of audience and party-esque people.

So if anyone knows someone who may be looking to pick one up, by all means let me know.

It is the newer Wii in Black, with a Wii Remote and the Wii Motion+. Along with it I have the following games: Wii Resort, Wii Sports, Tenchu Stealth Assassin and DJ Hero with the Turntable.

I still have all the original packaging, and pamphlets etc for the system and games as well. The Tenchu game was purchased used at Gamestop but it runs fine and has the case and booklet also, just thought I'd mention that it was purchased as those Pre-Owned types from Gamestop.

I'm not looking to make anything off of it, so even if I were offered 200-250 for it, I'd likely sell it of course, along with shipping. Or if someone has an Xbox 360 they may be willing to swap out with, and one that works and was never Red Ring'd, that would be fine too! :)

I can take pictures of it if need be for anyone interested also, so just let me know.

Figured I'd ask here since we're all gaming nerds and someone may want one.

Thanks!

Bobmuhthol
10-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Ship it to me, I will mod it and bundle it with a hard drive with 100+ games, and then you can make a nephew or something very fucking excited.

peam
10-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Ship it to me, I will mod it and bundle it with a hard drive with 100+ games, and then you can make a nephew or something very fucking excited.

Can I do the same in order to make me very excited?

Bobmuhthol
10-19-2010, 03:29 PM
If I get a Wii (and a hard drive) in my mailbox it will get modded (and given games), yes.

peam
10-19-2010, 03:32 PM
If I get a Wii (and a hard drive) in my mailbox it will get modded (and given games), yes.

And returned to sender?

Bobmuhthol
10-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Of course, but I wouldn't be paying for shipping.

Celephais
10-19-2010, 03:39 PM
What're you using to mod it? I lent my sister my Wii, but that might be worth doing... I appreciate the offer, but I'm pretty DIYer and would likely just look into modding it myself and save you the time/me the shipping.

Speaking of I need to talk to you about what newsgroup is worth joining, you seemed to know your shit on that stuff whenever it came up.

Caetul
10-19-2010, 03:56 PM
I'll keep that in mind Bob, you happen to off-hand have a list of which said games would end up being on it?

Granted I'd rather get rid of it, if I do never find anyone to sell it to, I guess this is another option I could do too.

Bobmuhthol
10-19-2010, 04:22 PM
What're you using to mod it? I lent my sister my Wii, but that might be worth doing... I appreciate the offer, but I'm pretty DIYer and would likely just look into modding it myself and save you the time/me the shipping.

Speaking of I need to talk to you about what newsgroup is worth joining, you seemed to know your shit on that stuff whenever it came up.

It depends on which system update is currently running, but what I've been using is called Bannerbomb and runs right off the SD card. I don't touch hardware mods.

Nzbmatrix VIP access ($10 one-time) + Astraweb ($13/mo, you can sometimes get lifetime $11/mo promotional pricing) + SABnzbd is my setup.

Bobmuhthol
10-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Pretty much any game is available. The ones that I play and can remember work properly are Mario Kart, Punch-Out, Sports + Sports Resort, and Beatles Rock Band. There are a bunch more but I don't use it that much. Some games don't work under all setups, though -- instruments for GH/RB need a special mod, as did Sports Resort, and I never got New Super Mario Bros to work but I know it's possible. It doesn't hurt, at any rate, since the Wii still functions normally. You can also install emulators (SNES, NES, Genesis, etc.) and WiiWare.

I also played a lot of Ghost Squad and Little League World Series for a short period of time.

Apparently the latest system update is designed to block mods so if you've updated to or if your Wii came with 4.3U you'll need to do some weird shit with a copy of Brawl or Lego Indiana Jones I guess.

Caetul
11-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Had a buddy interested in this, but he opted out of it since he uses the PC for gaming, his wife doesn't since she's too busy doing her fitness stuff, and his kids are too young to game still.

So, I'm going to be asking for $175 shipped, for the whole shabang. Or we can possibly work out some other deal if you may be interested and had an idea or two.