PDA

View Full Version : @#$%&#$ cell phones.

Tsa`ah
04-16-2004, 10:26 PM
I'm a dumb ass, I'll admit that.

Typical off-shift Friday. Pick up the check, run errands and normally, TURN OFF THE FUCKING CELL PHONE!

Now today is special. The wife is on her way Ohio for one of her bi-monthly get a ways with her college gaggle. The kids are at the parent's for the weekend and I've got one non-work day all to myself.

A perfect day to get Kill Bill. I'm in and out of Wally World in like 5 minutes with the DVD in hand. I get home, turn off the cell and toss it on the end table, rip open the DVD and violate the player with the disk.

I didn't catch Kill Bill in the theatre and didn't want to down load some piss poor copy on the PC, so this should have been perfect.

Five minutes into the flick I hear this annoying static with an ensemble of chirps and squawks. Again this repeats 10 minutes later.

Fuck, my copy must be pooched. I grab the disk and receipt and run down the road to Wally World again, exchange the DVD and I'm home 10 minutes later. I fight with the security tape for like 5 minutes, violate the player again, and then DAMN... that fucking sound again. Back to Wally World.

By this time it's like 4pm and I'm in the fucking store for 30 minutes. I get home fix a nice corned beef sandwich, violate the DVD once more and the moment the disk loads, that damned sound.

So this time I'm standing in line with attitude. I've been to this store 3 times and I'm thinking re-fund and a longer drive for a different store. The girl was entirely apologetic and sends one of the floor personnel to the back to open another box from a different lot. An hour later I get home, finish my stale sandwich and fight once more with security tape.

This time, as I'm opening the DVD tray I notice my cell phone's LCD flashing. WTF! I turned it off. Oh... no I didn't I muted the ringer. So I pick up the phone and at the same time flip the TV on.

Low and behold, that fucking sound. My TV is squawking every time the phone rings.

So yes, I'm a dumb ass.

At least I called Wal-Mart to tell them that I was indeed a dumb ass and that their DVDs aren't pooched.

Latrinsorm
04-16-2004, 10:32 PM
Who was calling? Also:

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::l ol2::lol2::lol2::lol2: 4 cell phones.

J-Tech
Hahahahaha, that sucks man, i feel for ya.

You know, i use to do the same thing in a sense, but purposely, when i lived with my dad i kept my cell phone under my PC monitor during the night because about 5 seconds before my phone will ring, the signal will fuck with the monitor screen makeing it shake so i could answer my phone before the ringer started going off...or if i had the ringer off i could tell the phone wa ringing by the screen shakeing.

J.T.

...your cellphone is hooked up to your TV?

Bobmuhthol
04-16-2004, 10:33 PM
The signals fuck with the TV sound.

J-Tech
04-16-2004, 10:33 PM
No, the signal going to his cell phone when a call is placed to his # interupts the frequency his TV runs at or some shit, in his case makeing a chirping sound, in my case makeing my monitor screen shake.

J.T.

Hulkein
04-16-2004, 10:35 PM
Was it a Nextel? Mine causes interference to TVs or radios from like 6 feet away even.. I know someone is calling from the interference a few seconds before it rings.

Should've checked if it was the Kill Bill by playing a dvd you owned before ya went back the second time, heh.

04-16-2004, 10:35 PM
but he was watching a DVD what fucking frequency is being disrupted.

Hulkein
04-16-2004, 10:36 PM
It disrupts the speakers for me, no matter what it is.. TV, computer speakers, radio, car radio, everything.

Tsa`ah
04-16-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Latrinsorm
Who was calling? Also:

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::l ol2::lol2::lol2::lol2: 4 cell phones.

The only group of people who would call the cell while I was home ... work.

That's why I shut it off when I'm at home and have absolutely no intention of working off-shift.

J-Tech
04-16-2004, 10:38 PM
Mine was a Nokia

Bobmuhthol
04-16-2004, 10:41 PM
I have some Kyocera model with Verizon as my provider, and I've never experienced any interference.

<3 Verizon.

J-Tech
04-16-2004, 10:41 PM
RangerD1 posted:
but he was watching a DVD what fucking frequency is being disrupted.

Yes, he was wathcing a DVD, but your TV still runs on a certain frequency while it is turned on. Thats what is being interupted by the cell phone, the frequency the TV is running on.

J.T.

J-Tech
04-16-2004, 10:42 PM
My service provider was Cingular

Vesi
04-16-2004, 10:47 PM
Mine wasn't a cell phone but when I got a new car several years ago the wipers wouldn't work. I could get the temporary ones that squirt water to work and that was it. I kept taking it in and they kept checking it and finally they put a whole new engine for the windshield wipers in. I get it back and try it out and they still won't work! So, I call the service manager and he said something about when I pull the lever and I'm thinking pull the lever... I've been turning them. So, I just said... ok let me check again. I was so embarrassed that I never told them all that time I had been turning where it was for light, medium, heavy rain and not moving the lever up to TURN them on!

Anyway... I think we all have our 'duh' moments.

Also, cell phone messes with my computer if I have it close by.

Vesi

HarmNone
04-16-2004, 10:48 PM
Hee! Foiled by a simple, electronic gadget that any woman can operate while driving to work and putting on her makeup!:stupid:

HarmNone flees, leaving only the echo of her raucous laughter

Bobmuhthol
04-16-2004, 10:52 PM
<<that any woman can operate while driving to work>>

Except for the problem that women suck at driving, you have a point.

Hulkein
04-16-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Vesi
Mine wasn't a cell phone but when I got a new car several years ago the wipers wouldn't work. I could get the temporary ones that squirt water to work and that was it. I kept taking it in and they kept checking it and finally they put a whole new engine for the windshield wipers in. I get it back and try it out and they still won't work! So, I call the service manager and he said something about when I pull the lever and I'm thinking pull the lever... I've been turning them. So, I just said... ok let me check again. I was so embarrassed that I never told them all that time I had been turning where it was for light, medium, heavy rain and not moving the lever up to TURN them on!

Anyway... I think we all have our 'duh' moments.

Also, cell phone messes with my computer if I have it close by.

Vesi

LOL..

Those mechanics deserve just as much blame as you though. They don't even turn them on to test before they replaced the motors?

Vesi
04-16-2004, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Hulkein
[quote]
LOL..

Those mechanics deserve just as much blame as you though. They don't even turn them on to test before they replaced the motors?

I'm sure they were checking them. They just never turned them on in FRONT of me. I guess they figured it was an on again off again sort of thing. The car was under warrenty and it didn't cost me anything. heh

Vesi

Hulkein
04-16-2004, 11:25 PM
Ya, I guess they just didn't give a shit.. But having worked with mechanics I would think they'd tell you.. 'these are working' before they replaced them, but ya never know.

Skirmisher
04-17-2004, 12:11 AM
Yeah, not all cell phones do this, or perhaps not all monitors are succeptible as I have never had that issue at home.

But in a couple of the many branches i work at it IS an issue and we have to ask the customers to turn off their cell phones as they disrupt the screens terribly.

DeV
04-17-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
<<that any woman can operate while driving to work>>

Except for the problem that women suck at driving, you have a point.

How about you teach a woman how to drive your stick first, before you preach of how bad a driver they are. Some nerve.

Skirmisher
04-17-2004, 12:22 AM
Well now, we can't wait around that long.

Bobmuhthol
04-17-2004, 12:23 AM
I tried interpreting that at least six different ways.

Every time it ended with you sucking at forming sentences that mean anything.

Skirmisher
04-17-2004, 12:28 AM
She'll have to find a way to live with that disappointment.

Bobmuhthol
04-17-2004, 12:30 AM
:violin:

DeV
04-17-2004, 12:34 AM
Bob,

In the beginning there was the word. That word was PUSSY. Get some, then talk shit.

Sincerely,
DEV

Bobmuhthol
04-17-2004, 12:37 AM
<<In the beginning there was the word.>>

Another prime example of not being able to form a sentence with any meaning.

<<That word was PUSSY. Get some, then talk shit.>>

Get punched in the face.

Then do it again.

DeV
04-17-2004, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
<<In the beginning there was the word.>>

Another prime example of not being able to form a sentence with any meaning.
Another prime example of being a little bitch and correcting spelling as If I were getting graded on grammer, sentence structure and pronounciation.
<<That word was PUSSY. Get some, then talk shit.>>

Get punched in the face.
Looks like you know how that feels, care to expound.

Then do it again.
Refer to reply above.

Bobmuhthol
04-17-2004, 12:46 AM
<<being a little bitch and correcting spelling>>

I said you can't form a sentence that I can understand.

<<grammer, sentence structure and pronounciation.>>

Now I'm correcting your spelling; the words are spelled grammar and pronunciation.

<<Looks like you know how that feels, care to expound.>>

I don't see how it looks like I know how it feels at all. It looks, to me, like you're a fucking idiot.

Scott
04-17-2004, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Tsa`ah

I'm in and out of Wally World in like 5 minutes with the DVD in hand.

I grab the disk and receipt and run down the road to Wally World again, exchange the DVD and I'm home 10 minutes later.

Wally World? I'm thinking the whole time until I get to the bottom of the post, "what the hell is wally world, and who in their right mind would call their store that?"

DeV
04-17-2004, 12:54 AM
Its late, Im tired.
Bob, you seem to suffer form some form of epileptic sadism.

As to my original point, get a woman before you criticize one, or you just might end up marrying your hand.

Skirmisher
04-17-2004, 01:06 AM
WalMart?

Bobmuhthol
04-17-2004, 01:06 AM
I am now going to attempt to figure out what the fuck epileptic sadism is:

Sexual gratification from emotional abuse on others... while having seizures.

Bobmuhthol
04-17-2004, 01:08 AM
<<As to my original point, get a woman before you criticize one, or you just might end up marrying your hand.>>

Oh, I almost forgot; you're now banned from criticizing anyone until you sleep with one of them.

Better get to work.

Skirmisher
04-17-2004, 01:08 AM
Perhaps just wishfull thinking.:spaz:

Mint
04-17-2004, 01:18 AM
This thread goes to prove my theory perfectly: cell phones are evil. But good amusement fodder.

And Bob, MEN ARE WORSE DRIVERS THAN WOMEN. THERE IS NO COMPETITION.

Bobmuhthol
04-17-2004, 01:21 AM
<<And Bob, MEN ARE WORSE DRIVERS THAN WOMEN. THERE IS NO COMPETITION.>>

I never knew more efficient and generally better meant worse.

Mint
04-17-2004, 01:22 AM
Consider yourself schooled.

edited because I took a nap and can't think. I mean the opposite of what I said...hell I dont KNOW what I meant

[Edited on 4-17-2004 by Mint]

Tsa`ah
04-17-2004, 02:19 AM
Wally World = WalMart

Bob = Can't drive, can't find anyone to put out, never will.

Bobmuhthol
04-17-2004, 02:20 AM
Uh, hi.

I was hugged Thursday, September 18, 2003, at 3:14 PM, thx.

Tsa`ah
04-17-2004, 02:26 AM
Savor it Bob, savor it.

Scott
04-17-2004, 02:36 AM
Where you from Tsa'ah? Only wondering because Wally World has to be like Texas thing.

Tsa`ah
04-17-2004, 02:38 AM
I live in Illinois. I guess the terminology just isn't centered on Texas.

Shari
04-17-2004, 04:13 AM
I think Wally World is an midwest thing. I had this loooong debate with my boss that Wally World was the name of an amusment park in National Lampoons Vacation. And Walmart was simply called Walmart.

That being said...why the fuck is it called Wally World?

Tsa`ah
04-17-2004, 04:19 AM
Cause, it's funnier that way.

Myshel
04-17-2004, 12:02 PM
My regular phone screws up when ever the microwave is on.:?:

Hulkein
04-17-2004, 12:42 PM
Wally World is definitely an amusement park or a food place in some comedy Jesae.. When I read it that sort of clicked, but I can't place it. Good call.

Artha
04-17-2004, 12:50 PM
Wally World = Walmart, also an amusement park that's closed down for repairs in National Lampoon's Summer Vacation.

Latrinsorm
04-17-2004, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Artha
Wally World = Walmart, also an amusement park that's closed down for repairs in National Lampoon's Summer Vacation. Hurray for spoilers. :grr:

edit: to save Bob some time, :violin:

[Edited on 4-17-2004 by Latrinsorm]

Artha
04-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Like everyone ever hasn't seen that movie anyway.

04-17-2004, 01:44 PM
I'm from the midwest and have never heard of wallyworld.

Edaarin
04-17-2004, 01:48 PM
I thought Wally World was Wally Szcerbiak...

Mint
04-17-2004, 02:22 PM
I knew exactly what Tsa'ah meant when he said Wally World and I live in Seattle. I win.

peam
04-17-2004, 02:29 PM
I think you're all fucked in the head. We're ten hours from the fucking fun park and you want to bail out. Well. I'll tell you something. This is no longer a vacation! It's a quest. It's a quest for fun! I'm gonna have fun, and you're gonna have fun. We're all gonna have so much fucking fun, we'll need plastic surgery to remove our godamn smiles! You'll be whistling 'Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah' out of you're assholes! I gotta be crazy! I'm on a pilgrimage to see a moose. Praise Marty Moose! Holy Shit!

Hulkein
04-17-2004, 02:34 PM
SHITTER'S FULL!

Different one, still hysterical.