PDA

View Full Version : The Streets...

Celexei
04-16-2004, 05:20 PM
well....got kicked outta home today...long story not worth going into. Huge fight with my dad and me and i'm out on the streets...how am i using a PC? College library but its the streets for tonight....I think it'll all blow off soon once my dad realizes that i'm finally independant...just curious if anyone out there has had any similar experience...life on the streets ETC. I'm by far not looking forward to it and i don't think it'll last long, but just thought it was an interesting thought that i for some reason....(lol) can't seem to stop thinkin about. and by the way....not seeking pity just curious

Mint
04-16-2004, 05:22 PM
What city do you live in Celexei?

Celexei
04-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Maryville....its NW missouri about 200 miles north of Kansas City

Tendarian
04-16-2004, 05:23 PM
That sucks, ive been there before. The only question i have is how are you independant if you are living with them? I assume you're paying rent then so if you ask if you can have half of this months rent back :)

Celexei
04-16-2004, 05:23 PM
nothin scary (not that big) streets should be safe...but there are a bunch of kinda crazy ass people....so gotsta be careful i guess.

Mint
04-16-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Celexei
Maryville....its NW missouri about 200 miles north of Kansas City

Well, a little far away for me to invite you to sleep on my couch. Hm. Are there shelters you can stay at? Or relatives that might give you a helping hand?

HarmNone
Ish, hon. I do not like to think of you being out on the street! Perhaps, a telephone call home and a small dose of "crow" is in order? After all, if you are still living at home, unless you are carrying your fair share of the expenses (which you may be, for all I know), you are not really independent quite yet.

Anyhow, living on the street cannot be good! I have had no experience with it, but I cannot imagine it as being a pleasant set of circumstances. :(

HarmNone

Celexei
nah i'm still 17 ( i know young stupid....all that shit not knowing about life) well heres a nice reality kick i imagine....not paying rent...but should be interesting.

Celexei
04-16-2004, 05:26 PM
MMMmmmmm i know where i'm gonna be!!!! a nice beautiful forest just outside of town...feel SOO great to be out there.

J-Tech
04-16-2004, 05:28 PM
I've been there before, and i'm sitll going there, i get back to vegas on the 4th with no place to live..it sucks, dont you have friends you can goto?

J.T.

HarmNone
04-16-2004, 05:29 PM
Listen to the still ones, child. They will guide you. :)

HarmNone

Bobmuhthol
04-16-2004, 05:29 PM
I've slept in cars, does that count?

Also it's cold as fuck.

Tendarian
04-16-2004, 05:30 PM
If you have a car that would be safer in my opinion and a little warmer if it gets chilly there at night still? Dont you have a friends house you could sneak in after the parents go to bed?

Bobmuhthol
04-16-2004, 05:32 PM
No.

Kitsun
04-16-2004, 05:34 PM
I would highly recommend finding a friend that wouldn't mind you crashing for a night or two.

A young lady sleeping on the street is dangerous and asking for trouble.

Tendarian
04-16-2004, 05:34 PM
No?

Celexei
04-16-2004, 05:35 PM
nah...friends out here are fake...(high school years) i choose not to associatte with most of them thats why i have you guys...ya always good to me for the most part....but don't have a car either...i'll just go be where i can feel comfortable...

Celexei
04-16-2004, 05:36 PM
Bob's a fuckin nazi sympathizer his opinions matter non

Mint
04-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Celexei, pride shouldn't come before your own safety. Is there any chance you can work it out with your folks?

Mint
04-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Celexei
Bob's a fuckin nazi sympathizer his opinions matter non

False.

Bobmuhthol
04-16-2004, 05:38 PM
<<Bob's a fuckin nazi sympathizer his opinions matter non>>

And you're a fucking dumb bitch.

Thx for the opportunity to call you a dumb bitch.

Tendarian
04-16-2004, 05:39 PM
I would still try any friend your close to. When i was in this situation i was in my car for a while and when i did ask my friend he was pissed i hadnt asked sooner. I dont like being a pain so it was hard for me to ask.

If none of these are options though, i really would knock on your parents door and as Harmnone says eat some crow. At the very least beg them for a month to set yourself up and find a job.

Celexei
04-16-2004, 05:40 PM
bob....whats your Phone # i'm gonna go gink a fuckin quarter just to call you up and tell ya a piece of my mind...i'm affraid i can't post what i wish to tell you now you fuck

Hulkein
04-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Go to a church, ask them to sleep there.

Bobmuhthol
04-16-2004, 05:41 PM
I could give you my cell phone number, I guess.

Celexei
04-16-2004, 05:41 PM
i'm workin on gettin the job....i think i'll try just a tad harder, but i'm feeling alright now that i know i'll be okay for the night...

Hulkein
04-16-2004, 05:42 PM
I have a feeling he's showing the temper that got him the boot from his house. Chill out moe.

Celexei
04-16-2004, 05:42 PM
who you talkin bout?......and if its me...he?!?! wtf...oh well commen mistake

Mint
04-16-2004, 05:43 PM
Bob got kicked out too??

Bobmuhthol
04-16-2004, 05:43 PM
No, I didn't.

J-Tech
04-16-2004, 05:45 PM
So your on the streets and willing to spend your last quarter on Bob? Thats kinda cute, Bob you should try and get the hook up.

J.T.

Bobmuhthol
04-16-2004, 05:47 PM
I was going to, but I finally realized that any fucking psycho that wants my number to begin with is.. well, is a fucking psycho.

Celexei
04-16-2004, 05:47 PM
LOL nah on second thought....well anyway the campus comp lab is closin up...gonna run out and make a wal mart run to get a few snax for the eve...then come back and enjoy a peaceful night in the woods....i'll be back tommorow to keep ya all updated..love ya all...(yes even you bob...just shape up please)

J-Tech
04-16-2004, 06:31 PM
Hey, i'd stay somewhere populated if i were you, if you know someone that has a vacation home out there sleep in there backyard if there not there.

I know you prolly wont get this, sorry.

J.T.

Omens
04-16-2004, 06:42 PM
I remember the day my dad kicked me out of the house.
He came in my room about 6 in the morning on my 18'th birthday, woke me up and asked me, "Your still here ?"
I said yeah and tryed to go back to sleep. While my dad packed me a bag.
Stayed with friends till i got my own place.

Tendarian
04-17-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Omens
I remember the day my dad kicked me out of the house.
He came in my room about 6 in the morning on my 18'th birthday, woke me up and asked me, "Your still here ?"
I said yeah and tryed to go back to sleep. While my dad packed me a bag.
Stayed with friends till i got my own place.

Holy crap thats harsh. Do you still talk to him at all?

Omens
04-17-2004, 02:08 AM
Of course I do. He knew it was the boot in the ass I needed.
And I did need it.
Sure back then I didnt think so. But now that I'm older. I know it was for my own good. 18, no job, wasnt going to school, Doin drugs.
The reality shock got me goin on the right path. And I thank him for it every day.

peam
04-17-2004, 02:10 AM
Woe to those who pick on my characters.

Tendarian
04-17-2004, 02:11 AM
Ahhh see the other stuff is kind of important. I assume since you're not using drugs now that if shit happened you could stay there? The one thing my parents drilled into me was if i ever needed a place to stay that they would always take me in. Obviously you're conditions would make a difference though.

04-17-2004, 10:26 AM
Yea, I pretty much lived on the streets for about 2 years when i was in HS. First off, fuck the bullshit. Go talk to your friends if you really have any and find a place to hole up. If they are willing to let you come into their house and spend the night then chances are they aren't as fake as you make them out to be. If your area has public transportation then i'd advise getting a couple tokens and doing that. As long as you pay you can usually ride a bus\train to the end of the ride without being harassed and sometimes even longer. When i was in NYC i'd ride the chain all the way from brooklyn to coney island at night.

If your hurting on cash or need some shelter try and find some kind of community program or shelter. A church is a good place to look. Also, if your serious about not going to see your parents again then stay away from the police. At 17 they might very well force you to go home or involve DCSF if your home won't have you. I learned that the hard way when i asked to use a phone so i could tlel my mom i was alright at one point. They sent me right back to my father...which wasn't a good thing.

AnticorRifling
04-17-2004, 10:31 AM
Two words come to mind. Grow up.

04-17-2004, 10:43 AM
im with anticore on this, be an adult about it. Your parents pay for you to live there and you should respect what they tell you. You should not get into fights over stupid things as I am sure this was. And your little attempt to get attention by saying,"IM GOING TO SLEEP ON THE STREETS!!" and stomping out is at best childish and your parents know this. It goes to show that you are nothing but a kid still.

Omens
04-17-2004, 08:42 PM
Yeah if i ever needed a place to stay, my parents would put me up no questions asked.

J-Tech
04-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Well, i saw her post today, so she must still be alive, tho i find it kinda sad that this topic wasnt the first she posted in to let everyone know she was okay.

J.T.

Mint
04-18-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by RangerD1
If your area has public transportation then i'd advise getting a couple tokens and doing that. As long as you pay you can usually ride a bustrain to the end of the ride without being harassed and sometimes even longer. When i was in NYC i'd ride the chain all the way from brooklyn to coney island at night.

Nice post Ranger. And absolutely ride around on buses. I and most of my coworkers have had homeless people just ride back and forth in the winter to stay warm. A lot of drivers have kids of their own and even the ones that do not are not going to kick you off even if your ticket expires. Just don't pee on their fare box and you'll be set.

Shari
04-18-2004, 04:07 AM
Okay. Unless your parents are endangering your safety (physical abuse, drugs/alcohol, etc) then deciding to live "on the streets" was a very unwise decision. If safety is a concern and a usual occurance, I say go to friends or other family members who can help you. There is no reason for ANYONE to deal with that.

If not...you need to work it out with your folks. Yes, highschool sucks and the world is against you and all you want to is dissapear from the world (I know I did). I used to think things were SOOOOO bad at my parents house (my dad was is an alcoholic) but when I look back, yeah it sucked, but it was better than running away.

You're 17, you have no job, you're going to school. Obviously you pay no rent. Enjoy that while you still can. If you run away you're going to have to support yourself which likely means you wont finish highschool. Big mistake. Talk it out with your parents. I know it is going to suck serious shit to have to suck up your pride and do so...but just think, you have a year left, with your diploma and you can do whatever the fuck you want.

Talk to them and stick it out.