PDA

View Full Version : Lore: Summoning

Alorn15
10-12-2010, 11:45 PM
It seems like this rarely gets favorable mention from pallies. Anyone pump it for the DF and happy with the results? I'm doing blunt/board, and finding that my offense will be lacking until I can aim or mstrike.

So far I've got 11 summoning/10 blessings - I realize 25 religion is typically recommended, but this is in Shattered so I'm going for passive bonuses.

Fallen
10-12-2010, 11:54 PM
Debia is Sword/Board and has a high amount of Summoning lore. She likes the added DF, as it helps both her melee and thrown attacks. What really got her to commit to the lore was the perk of being able to X-realms locate.

ZeP
10-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Summoning lore is great for paladins. The increase of DF sure is a rare effect and damn useful. I like Summoning lore for the increased target to the paladin multi target spell 1630. Without lore it is 3 targets, with 24 ranks you are up to 5 targets.

Hard to argue against the Religion lore kneeldown effect though. Even if you don't go for the full 25 ranks you probably at least want some, unless it is a MA or group situation where someone else is responsible for the knockdown.

Spreg
10-20-2010, 08:39 PM
I enjoy the ability to infuse 1615 into my weapon as well, though it is hardly viable to do while hunting or keep up, having it go off once and a while is an added effect that makes me happy on the inside.

Menos
10-23-2010, 06:34 AM
My paladin is very heavily invested in summoning lore. I did it mostly for the added targets to 1630, but the % bonus to DF is a nice boost when using a lance. I think 1605 is better paired with a high DF weapon than a low one (So count that as an endorsement if your blunt weapon of choice is a morning star). It has some other nice advantages too, like cross realms locate and 106 instant hide.

If I used a shield though (After the 25 religion for kneeling) it would be very hard to move me away from blessing lore for 1609.