PDA

View Full Version : Coming back into the game...

Prosperanna
07-29-2003, 11:56 PM
I've got sort of an opinion question. I've been playing GS on and off for years now. I had to quit around Christmas last year because I didn't have a job, and couldn't afford to play. Well, I have a job now, and some extra money lying around, and I'm thinking about coming back into the game.

My question is, do you all think it's worth it? I know that sounds like a strange question, but when I left, everyone was complaining because there were outages, and reallocation was starting up, and GS4 was having problems, etc. I'm wondering if things have died down a bit. Do you guys feel that the game is worth the price these days?

-Katie (who may be playing Prosperanna again one of these days...)

StrayRogue
07-30-2003, 04:52 AM
Don't get trapped by this dastardly addiction. I'd give it a shot when GS4 is bug free (in about 6 months), as coming back now I'd say is a bit of a premature waste.

GS4Gurl
07-30-2003, 03:47 PM
Yeah I'd wait at least a month or two. Save the extra cash for a festival or quest until then.

Back
07-31-2003, 02:54 AM
Where to start....

I'm back after three or four years of having played. When I started was when AOL went unlimited. We're talking 2000+ people on. Then Simu went to the Web. Had a few bards. Got one to 32-35 or so I think. Got a two weapon warrior to 15. Had tons of fun. Ran some bard meetings here and there. Had a wedding, the whole deal. My decision to leave was based on my ego. I really tried to enhance the RP enviroment. So much so I tried to argue with the whats-your-AS-DS crowd to the point I just got frustrated. From what I've seen since? No place is any different.

I still love RP, but I know not everyone does. I love mechanics too. Honestly, I've played pure RP muds, but I need the advancement too. And no mud has ever compared to the vastness of GS. The combat, the areas, the critters, the skills... GS is top notch in many ways.

GS is a place where you can find both RP and good mechanics. Take it for what it is and you can have a good time. I'm back and enjoying it.