PDA

View Full Version : General Complaints

Deathravin
04-15-2004, 05:57 PM
http://members.cox.net/lorddeathravin/The%20Business%20practices%20of%20the%20Gemstone%2 0IV%20team.doc

Galleazzo
04-16-2004, 02:38 AM
Gemstone IV is ravaged with half-finished projects that torture the minds of its players.
Can't argue with that. The GMs are always saying "but we gave you this and that and that and this, why are you still bitching?"

And the players say back "We didn't ask for that, we asked for what you told us 10 years ago we were getting, what the fuck?"

FinisWolf
04-16-2004, 05:09 AM
Damn good essay Deathravin. As with Frostravin and Devlun, I am sorry to see you go, though we never hunted together but once or twice, you helped me with a few different things.

Soon the player base will be folks that will accept the carrots that are thrown to them, but mostly, it will be a whole new player base. And the whole cycle will start once again, which is how they stay alive.

For now I shall remain. I must truthfully admit though, that I am looking into several other games, becuase the enjoyment level for me does not justify the cost.

Hell, at the rate I am going, it would be cheaper for me to start doing drugs. Well, if $3,000 dollars a eyar will feed ones habit.

Again, I am sorry to see you go.

Finiswolf

Mint
04-16-2004, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by FinisWolf

Hell, at the rate I am going, it would be cheaper for me to start doing drugs. Well, if $3,000 dollars a eyar will feed ones habit.

:?: I know you have six accounts but are they all Platinum? Sheesh.

FinisWolf
04-16-2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Mint

:?: I know you have six accounts but are they all Platinum? Sheesh.

Seven accounts. And rounding up a tad. Course I did just sell my closet rogue, my closet wizard, my sorcie, and looking to sell my train 43 cleric. Also deleted an extra char on one of my standard accounts.

And, since yer asking..., (doing math [gag]) ... aprx. $2076, and two accounts go to every event (we set aside $600 a year for event's). So thats... roughly $2676. Close enough.

Dropping to two premie, and two standard. Roughly $1320 a year, and will continue to send two accounts to each event, so down to $1920 a year.

Finiswolf

Nakiro
04-16-2004, 07:06 AM
Fuck.

180 for me, and I still feel riped off.

Xcalibur
04-16-2004, 07:59 AM
Damn good essay Deathravin. As with Frostravin and Devlun, I am sorry to see you go, though we never hunted together but once or twice, you helped me with a few different things.

Soon the player base will be folks that will accept the carrots that are thrown to them, but mostly, it will be a whole new player base. And the whole cycle will start once again, which is how they stay alive.

For now I shall remain. I must truthfully admit though, that I am looking into several other games, becuase the enjoyment level for me does not justify the cost.

Again, I am sorry to see you go.

Finiswolf

I COMPLETELY disagree. Most players that play gemstone and game like that are RARE players able to play text based games.

Those kind of players CAN play that game without the ESSENTIEL graphics most game have and computers can run.

Playing gemstone with a 2.4 ghz, 256 ram video card, 512 me ram, etc... is a waste for many many people.

I've tried to make join at least 20 of my friends, and most of them are dungeon and dragon players. None came.

Graphics and text were the 2 reasons.

Gs's players database are precious, they SHOULDN'T piss them off.

Mint
04-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
[quote]
I COMPLETELY disagree. Most players that play gemstone and game like that are RARE players able to play text based games.

Those kind of players CAN play that game without the ESSENTIEL graphics most game have and computers can run.

Gs's players database are precious, they SHOULDN'T piss them off.

Very well said :O

MPSorc
04-16-2004, 01:06 PM
Deathravin sad to see you go, you have alot of valid points, much of which i argue about with my small group of GS buddies all the time, but can't pull off a total separation from GS like you are doing. Hope Simu changes their ways and you are tempted to come back again.

HarmNone
04-16-2004, 01:11 PM
Is Simutronics still developing that graphics-based game they were talking about a few years ago? I ask because it seems to me that the type of player they are now, seemingly, trying to cater to is one who would find a graphics based game attractive. Most play at least one, in addition to playing GemStone.

Maybe, Simutronics is building a player base to sorta segue into that game. If they feel they can count on their core of long-time players to stay with them, in addition to the newer, younger players, they would have a built-in edge when they launch the new game. Just a thought.....

HarmNone, thinking again :O

MPSorc
04-16-2004, 01:12 PM
he he he, yeah thats what GS started as, but simu told the playerbase, hey we are still working on graphics so for right now just do this text stuff, we'll get the graphics released RSN.

Galleazzo
04-16-2004, 01:46 PM
What "edge," though, Harm? Simu's got the market capitalization of Sony's paper towel budget for a month. It's sorta like Joe's Auto Body thinking it's gonna start making cars and compete with General Motors.

HarmNone
04-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Hee! So, umm, Galleazzo...does that not sound exactly like Simutronics thinking to you? :lol:

HarmNone, with tongue in cheek