PDA

View Full Version : Official: Pool No Longer Strips Native Spells

Fallen
10-03-2010, 07:31 PM
The pool in Koar's Shrine at the Top of the World no longer strips spells that the caster knows. Unknown spells will still be stripped as before.

GameMaster Oscuro

Rogue Team
Cleric/Empath Team

This message was originally posted in Hunting and Combat, Pinefar Hunting Areas. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=4&topic=50&message=5351 (http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=4&topic=50&message=5351)

Excellent change that for some stupid reason a few players were fighting against.

WRoss
10-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Excellent change that for some stupid reason a few players were fighting against.

Players were fighting for this not to happen?

poloneus
10-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Well damn, just proposed this earlier today. I should play lotto.

Fallen
10-03-2010, 09:42 PM

Yep. Kerl and Doug amongst them. They didn't want any changes to the Rift entrance mechanics.

caelric
10-03-2010, 09:45 PM

Are you surprised?

Allereli
10-03-2010, 10:34 PM
good change

Deathravin
10-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Dude some pricks fight against EVERY fucking change. It's what makes this game so fucking retarded. The few vocal fanboys are actually taken seriously by staff.

Fallen
10-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Dude some pricks fight against EVERY fucking change. It's what makes this game so fucking retarded. The few vocal fanboys are actually taken seriously by staff.

Well, this change went against some pretty big names repeatedly saying they thought the time sinks were justified in the Rift. I give Oscuro a lot of shit, but in the end hes the best thing to happen to Gemstone since i've been playing.

Archigeek
10-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Yep. Kerl and Doug amongst them. They didn't want any changes to the Rift entrance mechanics.

As for the spell stripping with the pool. I honestly don't recall that it did this when the place opened. I think this may have been added at some point. It makes no difference to me whether or not that stays.
-Kerl (me), from the officials

I can understand the dislike of the dispelling in the pool, but getting up there isn't as much of a headache as a lot of people make it out to be. I find it easier than getting into the bowels for example, but then maybe that's just because I've made the trip so many times. -more from me

Orly? I guess I'm just some guy who walked both ways up hill in the snow and everyone else should have to do it too...

Best to actually read what people write before making accusations.

caelric
10-03-2010, 11:22 PM
I find it easier than getting into the bowels for example,

Getting into the rift is nowhere near as easy as getting into the bowels, at least with decent swimming ranks. And by decent, I mean 20 ranks, plus sigil of resolve, and I have never had a problem with the swim.

Lumi
10-03-2010, 11:32 PM
Getting into the rift is nowhere near as easy as getting into the bowels, at least with decent swimming ranks. And by decent, I mean 20 ranks, plus sigil of resolve, and I have never had a problem with the swim.

Don't even need the swimming if you go in through the puzzle method. So some swimming ranks, or some skinning skill and a blunt weapon, or no skinning skill and a blunt weapon and some luck, or a 1k gem.

Any of which is less of a PITA than getting into the Rift, in my opinion.

Fallen
10-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Best to actually read what people write before making accusations.

Oh, i'm sorry. You only defended against changing every other time sink associated with the Rift. My mistake.

Archigeek
10-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Oh, i'm sorry. You only defended against changing every other time sink associated with the Rift. My mistake.

Backhanded apology accepted.

BigWorm
10-05-2010, 12:01 AM
I didn't care one way or the other, but I was never much of a Rift hunter and it is obviously much less of a pain in the ass for squares in general. I remember reading the beginning of this thread a while ago though, and if I recall correctly the original complainant bitched and moaned like it was the end of the world which didn't exactly endear me to her point of view.

Danical
10-05-2010, 01:35 AM
If you were farming liches like I was, it was a real fucking bitch to jump back through the pool. That's like, 8 minutes to spell up and get to a full head of mana! Besides the fact that liches didn't provide much loot compared to the Temple with all the TimeSinks::Danger. Now the rift might be more profitable than the temple.

Methais
10-05-2010, 01:52 AM
Why are people saying the Rift is a pain in the ass to get to? Which part is the pain in the ass? Especially if you're using lich?

audioserf
10-05-2010, 07:09 AM
This is a great change. Less tedium, more fun, etc.

poloneus
10-05-2010, 05:03 PM
The pain in the ass part is the time sinks (mass dispell at the pool & spirit drain in the sphere) necessary to actually get out to hunting.