PDA

View Full Version : Unfairly Banned?

Soulpieced
07-30-2003, 09:14 PM
An acquaintance of mine by the name of Hiateit, a halfling archer rogue, was recently permanently banned for apparently killing 2 people. Here is his story.

Hiateit: well my in game son was stealing.. but i wasn't aware.. someone attacked him.. for no apparent reason.. from my point of view.
so i defended him, since we were on our way to somewhere.
then that person sent three people after me.
while i was tryin to hunt.
so i hid.. they couldn't get me out... so he's tellin me to attack him so i'd come out.
Peritta is the one i killed.. from the group that came after me for revenge.
i forget the other persons name.
so anyway. after being insulted and told to attack him, i sniped him from hiding and killed him. pretty much it..
that started in the initial thing.
after that group came after me, i killed one of them also.

Me: So you killed 2 people total
And got put in limbo and then locked out

Hiateit: yeah, the first one is the only one i should get in trouble for if at all tho.
yeah, without even being asked my side of it.
the second guy was telling me.. actually saying... "hit me" he thought he'd be safe in def.
was tryin to get me outta hiding.

Me: So what exactly happened after that, next time you logged in game you were in limbo and told you were getting banned?
Without the GM's even hearing your side of the story

Hiateit: they told me to write lockout.
and that they couldn't talk to me.
yeah, like two weeks later.
i didn't even know what situation it was that i was in trouble for.
had to wait like two weeks to find that out.

Me: And you hadn't had any previous bad occurances on the account

Hiateit: not on that account.
not even a warning, that i remember. had it for like two years.
usually very careful about always having policy on my side.

Soulpieced
07-30-2003, 09:17 PM
PS: the people that reported me came up to me within that same week, and said everything was allright and all that crap.. only reason they came to attack me was my fame flag was off, and they didn't know they didn't stand a chance.. after they noticed, they wanted to be friends.. it was a pretty stupid set of events.

Soulpieced
07-30-2003, 09:22 PM
Granted this is just his side of the story, and even though he claims to have not said anything OOC or swore or something stupid like that, should he not have been asked by the GM's for his side of the story, and having been permanently BANNED for something as stupid as killing 2 people?!

Scott
07-30-2003, 09:48 PM
If he got permabanned for killing 2 people, they both had to have been GM's PC's. There is no reason for that. My one character has as Zyllah said "60 straight pages of PvP complaints." I have yet to even recieve a warning. There has to be more to it.

Taernath
07-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
Granted this is just his side of the story, and even though he claims to have not said anything OOC or swore or something stupid like that, should he not have been asked by the GM's for his side of the story, and having been permanently BANNED for something as stupid as killing 2 people?!

Oh, he's been OOC before alright. From some of the 'conversations' I've had with him (he insulted me OOC and threatened to come kill a character of mine in private thoughts for a comment I made that wasn't directed at him) I would say he's not exactly an angel. I'm betting there's more to this story than he's told you.

imported_Kranar
07-30-2003, 09:49 PM
I don't know why he was banned, can't say his side of it reveals much.

But what I can say is... let people deal with their own fights. When you try and play big daddy protector, you get yourself into a mess.

If someone gets into a fight, let them deal with it. Stay out of it as far as PvP goes, if you want to roleplay the conflict go ahead, you're encouraged to. But don't try and be all big tough guy and start attacking and engaging in PvP.

StrayRogue
07-30-2003, 09:50 PM
Hmm, strange, has he had any other warnings previously? PermaBan for just 2 deaths seems a little...much.

Blazing247
07-30-2003, 10:10 PM
<Hmm, strange, has he had any other warnings previously? PermaBan for just 2 deaths seems a little...much.>

Not really. The unfortunate thing with regards to Simutronics "policy" (if you can call it that) is that it's very subjective to the GM interpreting it. GM Draug (I hope he's dead) had it in for me from day one, and banned me twice for 30 days each. The first was for saying "SHIT" in a room completely by myself, the second, for logging out and logging back in to clear a 10 second RT. Neither were serious, any other GM would've given me a warning. They dole out punishments so willy-nilly it scares me sometimes.

Edaarin
07-30-2003, 10:22 PM
The only time I've ever had a character in any sort of trouble (including warnings on accounts) was when my level 5 warrior killed like 5 people in one week. Issigri pulled me into the consultation lounge like 2 seconds after I killed Valdrak for poaching. Apparently he was keeping an eye on me, didn't like the way I handled things, and stuck me in limbo for a week. Had to e-mail lockout, which took another week, and then assist in game.

But yeah, there's definitely something fishy about being permabanned for just 2 kills, even if it was unwarranted PvP.

07-30-2003, 10:33 PM
There has to be more to the story. No one gets permabanned for 2 kills.

- Arkans

StrayRogue
07-30-2003, 10:34 PM
Ouch, I have done both those things Blazing and worse. In my time here, I must have killed nearly over a hundred folk for various reasons. I am saddened to say not all were Rped.

I have even sworn in a room, much worse. I was at a table, and assuming that it was a private meeting (silly me), me and my friend were talking about OOC issues. I said the F word and just got a send. Usually when i swear outloud (rare these days), all that happens is the Huntress comes along and washes my mouth out (silenced for about 20 mins). I am sure there is something more to it SP.

Drew2
07-30-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue
Ouch, I have done both those things Blazing and worse. In my time here, I must have killed nearly over a hundred folk for various reasons. I am saddened to say not all were Rped.

I have even sworn in a room, much worse. I was at a table, and assuming that it was a private meeting (silly me), me and my friend were talking about OOC issues. I said the F word and just got a send. Usually when i swear outloud (rare these days), all that happens is the Huntress comes along and washes my mouth out (silenced for about 20 mins). I am sure there is something more to it SP.

Ditto. On all accounts.

StrayRogue
07-30-2003, 11:32 PM
Yeah, I recently read a log about GM favourtism that took place with one of the better GMs. He stated that a while back (talking years, about 4-5+) GMs and SIMU were alot less strindgent when it came to such matters of doing the odd favours for friends, be it IG or OOG. Creating items specially, giving silver, exp, tailouring quest events all occured at a time. However, as SIMU grew and became more buisness like, this activity became more monitored and punished.

To cut along story short, I am sure there are still some GMs out there who are too soft or too hard in regards to some things. But balance and fairness (its a boon and a curse all at the same time) is usually the actions practiced these days. I am pretty sure, from what your friend has done, he must either have been previously warned, or exaggerating.

Tsa`ah
07-31-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Taernath
Oh, he's been OOC before alright. From some of the 'conversations' I've had with him (he insulted me OOC and threatened to come kill a character of mine in private thoughts for a comment I made that wasn't directed at him) I would say he's not exactly an angel. I'm betting there's more to this story than he's told you.

I would have to agree with this simply because I've witnessed it on several occasions.

I would also have to agree that it takes more than just 2 occurrences of non-consensual PvP to get permanently banned. I've done worse and received but a tap on the back of my hand.

GS4Gurl
07-31-2003, 12:09 AM
If you get perma banned and the GM does not ask for your side of the story it is because they have been watching you so long they ALREADY know your side of the story. Why would they want to listen to BS when they dont have to? LOL. No one... NO ONE gets permabanned for 2 kills. There is definately more to that story.

Back
07-31-2003, 02:40 AM
Yeah! I was banned cause it was all their fault! It wasn't me! Fucking GMS! Bullshit! It wasn't my fault! The rest of the world dosen't agree with me! Its their fault!

Weedmage Princess
07-31-2003, 03:21 AM
That name sounds very familiar to me...and if he's who I think he is...then I'm POSITIVE there's stuff you don't know. I can't recall the details but I know he's been in trouble before...I think he even lost a character/account or something once. The guy is sketchy, and I'm sure his permabanning wasn't only because of his killing these two people. Again though, I am going to check my sources and see if we're talking about the same person. But I'm pretty sure we are.

[Edited on 7-31-2003 by Weedmage Princess]

longshot
07-31-2003, 04:22 AM
It honestly sounds like there was much more to this.

It's kinda like the guy who says he was fired for being late two minutes late on a Monday... but he was late 60 other times that year.

Warriorbird
07-31-2003, 06:57 AM
I think it's more than that. Considering the number of people I've killed in game, or someone like Sintik has killed in game...and we're not banned? There has to be more than that to the story. There were probably previous warnings.

Ilvane
07-31-2003, 07:16 AM
Of course there is more to the story that what we are hearing. I noticed one part of what he said..

"Hiateit: not on that account. not even a warning, that i remember. had it for like two years. usually very careful about always having policy on my side."

So maybe he had warnings on another account, for the same reason.

-A

GSdee
07-31-2003, 07:58 AM
From being around him in game, I also doubt that this is his only infraction ever.

Parkbandit
07-31-2003, 08:27 AM
I assure you that there is more. To be labeled in red and be a rogue.. you really have to piss me off.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
07-31-2003, 08:51 AM
I think everyone is saying pretty much the same thing...

While we may not all believe in the latitudes one GM gives vs another -

We do all have enough faith in the GM's and their sketchy policy, that if a person was permanently banned, there was good reason.

I mean, look at Warclaidhm, Vif, Haashek. If they are still in the game... well, this guy must have done something really bad.

Parkbandit
07-31-2003, 12:24 PM
Yea, but stupidity isn't against policy :)

Scott
07-31-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

It should be.

Taernath
07-31-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Weedmage Princess
That name sounds very familiar to me...and if he's who I think he is...then I'm POSITIVE there's stuff you don't know. I can't recall the details but I know he's been in trouble before...I think he even lost a character/account or something once. The guy is sketchy, and I'm sure his permabanning wasn't only because of his killing these two people. Again though, I am going to check my sources and see if we're talking about the same person. But I'm pretty sure we are.

I think he also played the character Ardroos. I'm only basing this off of seeing Ardroos hunting ogres/guardians and zombies with Hiateit always tagging along. Some people were complaining that Ardroos (or maybe it was Hiateit) was constantly stealing from them when they were hunting. Of course they couldn't do anything about it because Hiateit is many levels over the people in the hunting grounds.

Taernath
07-31-2003, 12:50 PM
Hiateit: not on that account.

That's probably it. He had enough warnings on another account to get locked out.

Skirmisher
07-31-2003, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Parkbandit

Darn it..somone beat me too it. :(

Yah, anyone who tries to tell you "I was always an altar boy and was banned for no reason!" may be leaving a wee bit out.

[Edited on 7-31-2003 by Skirmisher]

godShell
07-31-2003, 10:16 PM
Ardroos = Hiateit = Zhagen. Lame kid who does stupid shit. Case closed.

Betheny
07-31-2003, 11:28 PM
Possibly he got in trouble with his 'other account'. If the accounts are linked, and one's being a jerk, and they get locked out, both accounts get locked out.

So... it'd make sense for a 'linked' account's history to be taken into consideration when there's some sort of a GM intervention going on.

Artha
07-31-2003, 11:41 PM
sounds like one of those people that cause me to leave the landing as soon as I can survive the trip.

Drew2
07-31-2003, 11:43 PM
Odiscea/Urdragon needs to be banned fairly or unfairly, IMO. He is teh suck! (Haha i like that phrase, since it's the only one I know in "1337".)

Artha
07-31-2003, 11:45 PM
Well, Tayre, he is teh suck, and you are teh pwnx0r.

I'm hoping you'll take away his remaining 15 deeds, myself.

Or drag him out to the place near guardians where critters bury you when he's AFK.

[Edited on 8-1-2003 by Artha]

Weedmage Princess
08-01-2003, 09:20 AM
Yeah....did he have a character that got permabanned/locked out or something named Nightstorm or something to that affect?

It was spelled all weird, like Nightstoarm or something like that. If that's him....again...major league sketchy.

MrThorbizzle
01-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Ardroos is also Komoodo

but I just saw Hiateit hanging out with Zhagen (heh) in Town Square

You see Great Lord Hiateit the Fingersmith.
He appears to be a Halfling.
He appears to be advanced in years and taller than average. He has bloodshot milky white eyes and tanned skin. He has very short, tousled dark brown hair. He has a weathered face, a straight nose and a grizzled beard.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a luxurious satin coin pouch, some steel-toed black leather boots, a ruby amulet, some hammered veniom thigh quivers, a soiled loot sack, a midnight blue disarmer's backpack, an embroidered midnight black toolkit, a crystal amulet, a polished black heavy crossbow inlaid with white modwir stripes, a tooled leather bolt case, a translucent spidersilk cloak, and a gold ring.

Parkbandit
01-11-2004, 12:45 PM
So much for Permabanning...

That, like the rest of his story was full of holes. Taking odds on how long it takes him to get banned again.

TheRoseLady
01-12-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Arkans
There has to be more to the story. No one gets permabanned for 2 kills.

- Arkans

I have that guy hilighted in red, so he must be some snert or asshole. If they won't toss Vif out for all of her HMC activity - I can't imagine them locking this clown out for 2 killings.

Gotta be more to this story.

-TRL

TheRoseLady
01-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Christ - I just realized I answered a thread that's months old. :rolleyes:

Artha
01-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Nah, Thorbizzle and Parkbandit replied yesterday.

Hiateit
11-14-2010, 10:05 PM
it's hiateit after many years- and i sold the account when it became unbanned- and made 1.6k back when sh*t was worth money

Makkah
11-14-2010, 10:21 PM
http://officeforward.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/1067629-cool_story_bro_super.gif

Ardwen
11-14-2010, 10:30 PM
all I wanna know is who gives a damn

Drew
11-14-2010, 10:34 PM
I was actually surprised that soulpieced had started a thread. Now it all makes sense.

pabstblueribbon
11-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Wait, was that a bot?

Makkah
11-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Is Soulpieced still alive?

Latrinsorm
11-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Speaking for myself, my mind was filled with wonder when the evening headlines read "Jacob von Soulpieced went home last night and put a bullet through his head". Mostly I was amazed they could fit so many words in a headline... but I work in his factory.

Back
11-16-2010, 09:50 AM
http://video.adultswim.com/12-oz-mouse/we-have-a-plan.html

WRoss
11-16-2010, 10:02 AM
on this subject, anyone know how long Eliaku got banned for?

Ausek
11-16-2010, 05:07 PM
He's not banned. He was in game last night and even this afternoon.

Donquix
11-16-2010, 05:28 PM
on this subject, anyone know how long Eliaku got banned for?

He was raging the other night. Died from something stupid, i think he missed a trap on a box he was popping or something. So he started committing suicide over and over again. People on lnet asked "wtf, yo?" and he said something like "tired of the bs, making it so I will never play Eliaku again!"

After death 5 or 6 he got yanked to a consultation and thrown into the protective custody of The Cell. Not sure what the status is now.

Vanyah
11-16-2010, 05:39 PM
He's back out and being a dumbass.

Itzel actually made an NPC to rp with him on the Dais so he'd stop casting sunburst and pulling people out of hiding then antagonizing them. So he starts mouthing off to her and she ends up putting him in jail.

Was hilarious to read.

Soulpieced
11-16-2010, 05:44 PM
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f208/DonRSD/rise_from_your_grave.png

WRoss
11-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Eliaku definably got banned. He was killing himself repeatedly the other night, then got pulled up into consult lounge. He chatted on LNet that he got sent to lockout from there. Probably just got a one day ban.

Nystin
11-17-2010, 04:51 AM
Eliaku was killin himself over a chick that broke up with him years ago, whom he stalks in one form or another, he needs to move on and grow the f@uck up.

AnticorRifling
11-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Eliaku was killin himself over a chick that broke up with him years ago, whom he stalks in one form or another, he needs to move on and grow the f@uck up.

You can say fuck here, it's ok.

Nystin
11-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Oh good!

grow the FUCK up Eliaku....

RawR
11-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Hilarious.