PDA

View Full Version : Verb Update - RUMMAGE

CrystalTears
04-14-2004, 08:23 AM
Verb Update - RUMMAGE · on 4/13/2004 1:46:58 PM 600

The command, RUMMAGE, has been updated!

Previously, you could RUMMAGE through a container to view the inventory with some added messaging that LOOK does not provide.

Now you can RUMMAGE through your entire scroll collection to find the spell you're looking for!

Type RUMMAGE alone to see usage.

>rummage
Usage:
RUMMAGE [in|on|under|behind] {object} - Rummage through a container
RUMMAGE [in|on|under|behind] {container} SPELL {spell} - Find an scroll with some spell on it

Examples:

>rummage backpack spell 202
You rummage through your heavy backpack and remove a charred scroll with Spirit Shield scrawled upon it.

>rummage on fountain spell 202
You rummage on a round marble fountain and remove a charred scroll with Spirit Shield scrawled upon it.

You may specify in/on/under/behind, but it is not required.

This message was originally posted in General Roleplaying, Roleplaying Verb Discussion. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=6&topic=10&message =294

04-14-2004, 09:10 AM
That is the coolest ever.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Yeah, best verb they've put out (besides rping ones) in ages. Very good stuff.

Miss X
04-14-2004, 09:16 AM
:heart: it much. I have too many scrolls and can never find 312 and 308 when I need them. Rummage rocks!

Fengus
04-14-2004, 07:29 PM
I'd rather have a rummage/list verb for the scrolls, that is show an inventory list of all the scrolls in a container and read them.

However, personally I wish the description would show what spells are on it, instead of having to read them manually. Since reading is no-RT and can be done in both RTs I wouldn't mind if a scroll just looked like this 'an ancient scroll containing Colors and Self Control'.

Cause while this verb helps you find and use scrolls better managing them still sucks the big one.

Bobmuhthol
04-14-2004, 07:34 PM
Way to make a verb I'll never use.

I HATE SIMU AND AM QUITING.

Artha
04-14-2004, 07:36 PM
You say that like it's a bad thing.