PDA

View Full Version : Gemstone GM Org

CrystalTears
04-14-2004, 08:21 AM
GemStone GM Org - April 2004 · on 4/12/2004 5:05:08 PM 599

Here's an update of our GM organization. Our CE teams shrank over the last year of heavily focused development. We're in process of hiring about a dozen GMs to fill various holes.

Magic, Combat and Technical Systems:
GM Warden - SGM
GM Ildran
GM Nitid
GM Elnath
GM Nilven
GM Uliq
GM Coase
GM Remnick
GM Kitrina
GM Solli
GM Dirkay
GM Imgee

World Systems:
GM Mitra - SGM
GM Brauden - SGM
GM Ozias - Icemule Trace Guru, QC, Bugs
GM Voraviel - Ta'Illistim Guru
GM Mikos - Solhaven Guru
GM Bradach - River's Rest Guru
GM Sleken - Teras Isle Guru, Typos
GM Jineer - River's Rest Assistant
GM Andraste - QC
GM Claw
GM Jacien - Wehnimer's Landing Guru, QC
GM Alyias
GM Lothwyn
GM Tilmon
GM Tolli - Ta'Vaalor Guru, QC
GM Bernt
GM Aiza - Sylveraend Guru, QC
GM Kabosh - Isle of the Four Winds Guru
GM Valissan
GM Ktrill
GM Talairi

Training, Teams and QC:
GM Isten - SGM
GM Siani - hosts
GM Zyallah - hosts
GM Ysbail
GM Sirina - QC, PRO
GM Agro - QC
GM Pandoreh - QC

Premium and Platinum:
GM Khaladon - SGM
GM Tigermist - Premium
GM Elbrion - Platinum
GM Thanthyl - Platinum
GM Elowen - Premium

CE Systems and Events:

GM Mindra - SGM
GM Modrian
GM Cyr
GM Hunterleigh - Weddings
GM Kyalia
GM Soraya - CHE
GM Roxia - Mentors, E-Journal
GM Brennwyn

Major Events:

GM Carraig - SGM
GM Mignon
GM Faradeh
GM Jharra
GM Stealth

Special:

GM Ethereal - Macintosh FE

Melissa

"Philosophers and ploughmen; Each must know his part; To sow a new mentality; Closer to the heart" - Rush

This message was originally posted in Discussions with Simutronics, Announcements. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=5&topic=1&message= 8

crazymage
04-14-2004, 09:44 AM
if you notice maheghs not on list, hes been fired!

HarmNone
04-14-2004, 10:06 AM
They finally got rid of that idiot? Will miracles never cease? :D

HarmNone is amazed!

Hips
04-14-2004, 10:31 AM
He wasn't just an idiot, he was an asshole. Good riddance.

Atlanteax
04-14-2004, 10:49 AM
I never had a problem with Mahegh.

Skirmisher
04-14-2004, 11:00 AM
The only good friend I ever knew to become a GM had nothing but good things to say about him.

I personally never had a problem with him either.

Weedmage Princess
04-14-2004, 11:33 AM
Yeah I guess I'm one of the few who didn't have any issues with Mahegh either. Celtic was always pretty cool to me as well.

Oh well...looks like that storyline he was doing in Plat is done.

Edaarin
04-14-2004, 12:36 PM
I'll chime in and say that on the two or three instances where Mahegh had to intervene in something I was involved in, I didn't see any problems.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
04-14-2004, 02:22 PM
I liked Mahegh/Celtic, I think that's a loss for Simu.

Celtic
04-15-2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Weedmage Princess
Yeah I guess I'm one of the few who didn't have any issues with Mahegh either. Celtic was always pretty cool to me as well.

Oh well...looks like that storyline he was doing in Plat is done.

Yep, sorry the storyline is over. Not to mention some other issues that culimated this decision. It wasn't an easy one either.

Thanks for the kudos btw.

To the pair of you that have to say they "hate" me, well, you need to spend more time outside of your computer room then inside.

I can't make everyone happy, never tried to either.

Pay attention to my website in the coming weeks (about 2) for some interesting updates and some pretty cool news.

See ya'all around.

LC.

Scott
04-15-2004, 12:44 AM
Celtic,

If you are allowed to answer, just wondering. Why'd you leave? Any particular reason?

Hips
04-15-2004, 12:45 AM
I didn't say that I hate you, I said that I think you're an asshole. Biiig difference.

Celtic
04-15-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by Gemstone101
Celtic,

If you are allowed to answer, just wondering. Why'd you leave? Any particular reason?

Nah, can't really discuss it. Let's just say there was a difference of opinion.

Michiko, You are entitled to your opinion. I'm sure there are some people I don't like as well.

Cheers to you tho.

LC.

Fengus
04-15-2004, 02:32 AM
Oh shit, I remember Celtic from way back, what a whore!

Has anyone else notices the summoning power of these boards. I'd say in the last week we've had 3 or more people appear right after they are being discussed, its amazing.

HarmNone
04-15-2004, 02:47 AM
Heh. I never said I "hated" you, either, Celtic. I just never thought you were very well suited to the job of CE GameMaster. :)

My mother loved you, though. She always thought you were a hoot!

HarmNone, does not hate anybody that she can think of...

Scott
04-15-2004, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by HarmNone

I can try to change that. :saint:

[Edited on 4-15-2004 by Gemstone101]

Galleazzo
04-15-2004, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Fengus
Has anyone else notices the summoning power of these boards. I'd say in the last week we've had 3 or more people appear right after they are being discussed, its amazing.
Easy:

The following 151 members have visited Players' Corner Forums today...
Razarn, Killer Kitten, Rsen, Solkern, Ileft, Arkans, KyleH, Syberus, Reyek, Prestius, Arlos, Joxter, Halfsilver, Testosterone, Ryku, Myshel, reltov, Ober7, NeoKranar, Tromp, Atlanteax, Kalishar, Tea & Strumpets, LordSagan, Lady Shalla, Xinister, TheEschaton, Lorent, Alarke, Jonty, GSAuctionPlace, Askip, Tsa`ah, SpunGirl, Melkhiah, MPSorc, Stir-Phry, Vestarr, Celexei, J-Tech, Suppa Hobbit Mage, Lillysierra, Sweets, Maimara, Dragolyn, Ben, Mistomeer, Makkah, Zanagodly, i remember halloween, Parkbandit, Miss X, Speaker, LordAdredrin, Ambrosia, GSLeloo, Warriorbird, Nakiro, MrFeature, HouseofElves, Some Rogue, Hanksbane, Ilvane, Chyrain, Telfaahga, Pulpit, Skirmisher, Valthissa, Bobmuhthol, Kitsun, Staerin, Brat8525, The Edine, DianaBanana, LilHellcat, Artha, AnticorRifling, crazymage, Wezas, Jack, Latrinsorm, Revalos, DarkelfVold, gcstader, Sente, Ardwen, GSNcro, theotherjohn, Caipre, Xcalibur, Jenisi, Bobby, Chadj, Soulpieced, Tendarian, Marluxian, Carl Spackler, Volstock, Pierat, Pallon, Reijin, Snowman, Drinin, Lord Deprav, CrystalTears, Kamy, Kefka, ThisOtherKingdom, Hulkein, Tayre, Lord Whirlin, Blazing247, Meos, Sakkat, Vesi, Lady Satira, pennywise, Iriscience, peam, Siefer, RangerD1, Celtic, Edaarin, Umpyr, Elrodin, Sirinna, GS3 Michiko, HarmNone, Ravenstorm, Snapp, Stunseed, Weedmage Princess, Mint, Knights Templar, Anailea, Fengus, Tijay, Jinnrui, Jesae, Nieninque, Gemstone101, Lalana, Omens, Kranar, 100% Wool, AkMan, Stanley Burrell, DCSL, GoingHamsters, longshot, Galleazzo

All you need is ONE of those guys seeing you talking smack about a friend and IMing him right quick.

04-15-2004, 07:38 AM
I am sorry to hear that Mahegh. I was bemused when you pulled me a while back and we spent time puffing out our characters chests. <granted you would not say who you were but it was amusing all the same>

HarmNone
04-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Gemstone101

I can try to change that. :saint:

[Edited on 4-15-2004 by Gemstone101]

Sintik! Of all people, you could not change that. You are a wee, sweet lamb! :D

HarmNone pokes Sintik in the ribs

Parkbandit
04-15-2004, 03:54 PM
I never had a problem with Celtic or Mahegh.

What's his website address.. anyone know?

Some Rogue
04-15-2004, 03:58 PM
lordceltic.com

Soulpieced
04-15-2004, 04:03 PM
My mother loved you, though. She always thought you were a hoot!

Wow HarmNone, your mother must be a woman of at least 90. She probably gets a hoot out of anything at that age.

HarmNone
04-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Or, umm...you could just click on the little "www" icon at the bottom of his post...:D

HarmNone, ever helpful

TheEschaton
04-15-2004, 04:12 PM
And here I am, just finding out that Celtic was Mahegh. ;)

-TheE-

Skirmisher
04-15-2004, 04:13 PM
Jeez! And I thought I was out of the loop.

HarmNone
04-15-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
Wow HarmNone, your mother must be a woman of at least 90. She probably gets a hoot out of anything at that age.

Hoo, boy! Is she ever going to be mad when she hears about this! She is a very young 63, I'll have you know! I have to have you know that, or she will have my hide! :D

HarmNone, covering fast

Soulpieced
04-15-2004, 04:20 PM
Wait wait wait, I thought you were 50? How can she be 63?!

:spin:

HarmNone
04-15-2004, 04:27 PM
Ack! I am not 50 yet, dammit! I am only 43! Pleeease! Time is passing too quickly already!

HarmNone, aging as we speak

TheEschaton
04-15-2004, 04:29 PM
43? Wow, you could be my mother, HN. ;)

My mother's only 46, after all. 47 in May.

/FLEEs as well

-TheE-

Parkbandit
04-15-2004, 04:40 PM
Damn.. and I thought I was old. :)

HarmNone
04-15-2004, 04:45 PM
Thanks. Thanks ever so much. You have now made me feel like I need to send someone out to supplement my knitting supplies and get me a rocker! Young people are soo cruel!:sniffle:

HarmNone, the wretchedly OLD (and deceptively fast!)

Parkbandit
04-15-2004, 04:58 PM
I think I see HarmNone now!

HarmNone
04-15-2004, 05:03 PM
Ya know, there is something about that picture that speaks to my inner need for a stress-free life. Maybe aging is not so bad after all! :D

HarmNone could dig hanging out in a rocking chair without a care in the world

Latrinsorm
04-15-2004, 05:31 PM
Thanks. Thanks ever so much. You have now made me feel like I need to send someone out to supplement my knitting supplies and get me a rocker! Young people are soo cruel!:sniffle:If it makes you feel any better, you're older than theEschaton and I put together. Or more than three times older than Bob.

Now is Celtic the same guy as Celtar? Because I raised Andaras once, and he was polite enough, and I'm pretty sure the same guy's behind him as Celtar.

edit: because people can't see me snickering as I type, so :D ;) :P

[Edited on 4-15-2004 by Latrinsorm]

Skirmisher
04-15-2004, 05:33 PM
Nah, different people.

peam
04-15-2004, 05:34 PM
My parents are both 43.

I demand HarmNone change her title to Resident Mom Staff Leader.

Artha
04-15-2004, 05:45 PM
HN = older than my mom.

:lol:

Tendarian
04-15-2004, 05:47 PM
If it makes you feel any better i think my mom is 57ish and goes out more than i do.

HarmNone
04-15-2004, 05:49 PM
Mother to this gaggle of geese? Not on your life, Mr. Peam! Not on your life! :O

HarmNone, mother to two children and five cats, and feeling overrun

Celtic
04-15-2004, 08:27 PM
They finally got rid of that idiot? Will miracles never cease? :D

HarmNone is amazed!

Are you a liberal democrat?

Usually, when you call someone an idiot, you, at the very least, do not care for them what-so-ever. Which is the same vein as hating someone, though, one will have to definately step forward and say that hate is a very strong word, dislike would have been a better term.

That all being said, whose your mother? (or is it whose your daddy? <grin>)

In either event, I don't think I know many 63 year olds since you and I are very similiar in age, though I am a grandfather <conniving little daughter I have> so I suppose that makes me similiar to your mom, unless of course you haven't granted her grand kids yet.

Cheers everyone.

LC

SiKWiDiT
04-15-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Celtic

Harmnone's still got it.

HarmNone
04-15-2004, 08:41 PM
Heh. I will not "out" my dear ol' mom, Celtic. However, you would not have known she was 63 unless she chose to tell you. ;)

As to the first part of your post, I do not necessarily dislike idiots. Idiots cannot help that they are idiots, and nobody is idiotic about everything. To dislike someone for no reason other than that would be pretty shallow, do you not think?

HarmNone, who is a pagan who happens to be a liberal democrat at the moment...:D

HarmNone
04-15-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by SiKWiDiT

Harmnone's still got it.

Why, thank you, SiKWiDiT! Now, could you possibly fill me in on what to do with it? :lol:

HarmNone, has it and is confounded by it

Celtic
04-16-2004, 12:16 AM
As to the first part of your post, I do not necessarily dislike idiots. Idiots cannot help that they are idiots, and nobody is idiotic about everything. To dislike someone for no reason other than that would be pretty shallow, do you not think?

Actually, not really. If someone is an idiot, why would I want to socially be connected to him/her. (Other then a good laugh every once in awhile) I can't really think of why I would want to spend time with someone I deemed an idiot. Yes, that sounds a bit pompous, but it's not meant to be that, just more or less like common sense telling you the stove is hot, don't touch it.

HarmNone, who is a pagan who happens to be a liberal democrat at the moment...:D

If I were in the conservative media, the headline would read, "Pagan's and Democrats are one in the same!"

<grin>

Cheers.

GSTamral
04-16-2004, 12:29 AM
While I will always hold an internal personal grudge for Mahegh calling myself and Jaelus Nazi's on the public boards, as well as the backlash of which caused some horrible referrals, having met the guy at the last con, I will say in person, other than being a goofy drunk, I've absolutely nothing against him.

I will however agree that given what he has done and said, he was ill-suited to be a Customer Service GM.

Fengus
04-16-2004, 03:29 AM
Cool, now we are getting some dirt, keep it coming.

:popcorn2:

HarmNone
04-16-2004, 03:48 AM
Hee! Some of my very best friends are idiots! I have one dear friend who refuses to learn to drive a car. She is nearly 50 and cannot...will not...drive. To me, that is idiotic. To her, somehow, it makes perfect sense. Being too quick to judge an idiot as undeserving of my attention would have deprived me of her company all these years. Besides, she is an excellent cook! :D

HarmNone, for whom catering is free...

Snowman
04-16-2004, 04:37 AM
My memories of Celtic.....

He was at a table of 20 something trained characters and he was boasting he could kill us at will, he was rift age at the time, I figured he was just a kid pulling his pudd, then later on I found out he was a GM, and I rather thought, ain't that nice...

As for his GM skills, I can't comment, he may very well have been a fantastic GM and the community of GS will be the less without him.

I can definately say though, My impression of Celtic was serious knobage, oooh, I made up a word!

D~

Celtic
04-16-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by GSTamral
While I will always hold an internal personal grudge for Mahegh calling myself and Jaelus Nazi's on the public boards...

Umm.. Tamral?

I have the post.

I called you and Jaelus akin to nazi's with the anti-semetic remarks you two posted. Not to retread old ground, but it was my personal account way before I ever became a GM.

Cheers to you both.

LC.

Celtic
04-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Snowman
My memories of Celtic.....

He was at a table of 20 something trained characters and he was boasting he could kill us at will, he was rift age at the time, I figured he was just a kid pulling his pudd, then later on I found out he was a GM, and I rather thought, ain't that nice...

As for his GM skills, I can't comment, he may very well have been a fantastic GM and the community of GS will be the less without him.

I can definately say though, My impression of Celtic was serious knobage, oooh, I made up a word!

D~

Heh.. the memories.

Thing is, memories can be a bit tainted over time. I can tell you that as Celtic, he's never boasted that he could kill anyone at will. That's just not his style.

But, it was good for a chuckle.

Farquar
04-16-2004, 02:52 PM
Maybe you can now explain to us why you sold that outrageously priced "stuff" at your (Chavie's) anfelt shop? eg 1.5 mil for a 4x fire flaring sword.

TheEschaton
04-16-2004, 02:58 PM
It was a good case of "Caveat emptor". I liked it.

But then I like people getting screwed.

-TheE-

Miss X
04-16-2004, 02:59 PM
Aww, Mahegh was Chavie? I loved Chavie! Never had any issue with Mahegh myself either, in fact he was more than helpfull when he answered my assist thingies. :)

Farquar
04-16-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by TheEschaton

-TheE-

I suppose thats true, but to me, "caveat emptor" always implied some ability to "caveat" before actually engaging in said transaction. I didn't buy anything from that shop myself, but I woulda been royally pissed if I had.

TheEschaton
04-16-2004, 03:04 PM
I was at Anfelt for the raffles, anyways.

Didn't win a damn one, either. I was gunning for the elemental bows.

-TheE-

Farquar
04-16-2004, 03:07 PM

-TheE-

Same here, I originally entered only half of the raffles, but as the raffle train moved along and I had yet to win anything, I desperately ran to the other less interesting raffles (water tubes anyone?) and plunked down another 2 mil. Still won nothing. The best part was when folks like Ciston and Sergey were winning stuff too...

Skirmisher
04-16-2004, 07:30 PM

-TheE-

I could not disagree more.

I was one of those people who never had loads of silvers in game.

Getting hosed for five times the actual value of an item or more was simply not acceptable for me.

Artha
04-16-2004, 07:33 PM
Ask around before you buy something so expensive...especially if you don't have much money.

I've never had problems with Mahegh...I think the only time I talked to him was when I reported an AFK scripter who was leaving a bojillion arrow shafts at tables, and he was all like "Thanks :-)" and I was all like "sw33t."

crazymage
04-16-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Farquar

-TheE-

Same here, I originally entered only half of the raffles, but as the raffle train moved along and I had yet to win anything, I desperately ran to the other less interesting raffles (water tubes anyone?) and plunked down another 2 mil. Still won nothing. The best part was when folks like Ciston and Sergey were winning stuff too...

I paid for my tickets just like you did.

Bobmuhthol
04-16-2004, 08:01 PM
<<I was at Anfelt for the raffles, anyways.>>

That's your mistake. I went to Anfelt and paid no attention to raffles, didn't even buy a lot for myself.

But I made over 7mil.

TheRoseLady
04-16-2004, 08:23 PM
Umm.. Tamral?

I have the post.

I called you and Jaelus akin to nazi's with the anti-semetic remarks you two posted. Not to retread old ground, but it was my personal account way before I ever became a GM.

Cheers to you both.

LC.

Tamral posting half of the truth to embellish his viewpoint, how surprising. :yawn:

-TRL

Gunfer
04-17-2004, 02:18 AM
Well ok that sucks about the whole unfinished story for plat, oh well.

Wow! What a damned great post that was on my behalf.

Jon
~Gunfer - Plat~

Zanagodly
04-17-2004, 04:13 AM
Alan is a good guy and is pretty funny. You could say Celtic was an ass but he's Dhe'nar so what do you expect. Can't really judge this guy without meeting him because I thought he was going to be a real schmoe myself and didn't turn out to be.

Celtic
04-17-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Farquar
Maybe you can now explain to us why you sold that outrageously priced "stuff" at your (Chavie's) anfelt shop? eg 1.5 mil for a 4x fire flaring sword.

Sure, that's easy. Chavie has always been a shyster. Anyone that has stayed to RP with him would know that. However, that being said, had you bought the item, then discussed its qualities, there was a good chance that you would have received something else in return for the money spent. There were alot of people that role played it out.

Afterall, isn't that what the game is about?

Cheers!

LC

Soulpieced
04-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Well ok that sucks about the whole unfinished story for plat, oh well.

Come on, who really cares about Plat anyway.

Celtic
04-17-2004, 11:24 AM
You know, this is actually fun to banter back and forth with y'all a bit, in good clean fun.

But let me take a serious time out a second.

I've met nearly 5000 players over the course of my 12 years of playing Gemstone. Some of my dearest friends were made playing this game. But that's what the draw was to the game for me. The friends. The adventures.

But you most of you really don't know me.

Some of you know Celtic. As Mike said up post, he felt different after he met me once he realized that Celtic was a role I played.

Some of the comments I read over the years about me as a GM and as Celtic were hysterical. People actually believed that if you repeat it enough then it had to be true. But these same people never sat down with me for any given period of time. Sure, some of them may have seen me at a Simucon (I did go to 5 out of the 7) and some met me in Vegas (two out of what, 5?) and hundreds at gatherings across the country.

But the same thing was said after each of these meetings. Damn Alan, you're nothing like Celtic. :lol2:

Some people roleplay their characters as extentions of their real life selves. To them, they don't or can't understand that people can and will step into a role, then step out of it like flipping on a light switch, when the game is turned off.

I attribute that to some of the criticism I've received in the past on these boards.

Thanks much for listening if you've gotten this far. It sorta feels good to be able to respond to some of you that, for the lack of a better term, confused me and the character I played on TV. (Ok, monitor).

Cheers to you all.

Alan.

CrystalTears
04-17-2004, 11:33 AM
My empath got along with Celtic. In fact I think he was the one that she begged and flirted the green juggling ball away from. <dimples>

I never dealt with you as a GM so I have no complaints there. All I ever heard was "Celtic is a prick" and I would say "maybe, but what about his player?" and people wouldn't separate the two and figured the character and the player are one in the same.

Nice to see you around here, Alan. Maybe you can help us out with GS stuff when needed. :)

Ilvane
04-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Alan, whether you realized it or not, you were a big influence on me when I was a young roleplayer.(At the time I was not Ilvane, but another character.) You probably wouldn't even remember my bard, or anything, but it did make an impact on me. :)

I'm actually curious as to why you are not on staff anymore, because a difference of opinion is something a lot of us have at times with the way things go in the game.

-A

[Edited on 4-17-2004 by Ilvane]

Skirmisher
04-17-2004, 03:58 PM
Spill the beans already!

Zanagodly
04-17-2004, 04:14 PM
Alan's refusal to partake in a 3-way with David and Ashley Whatley just caused things to go sour from that point on.

Skirmisher
04-17-2004, 04:17 PM
Well, if he wasnt properly warmed up he could have pulled something.

Safety first!:bouncing:

peam
04-17-2004, 04:20 PM
Just think about it.

If he would've participated in said three-way, he would've gotten a nice set of implants and a shiny new Firebird.

Celtic, you blew it! :P

Skirmisher
04-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Awww..:nono:

Meanie!

Gunfer
04-17-2004, 07:22 PM
Well Plat is of course the only one that does matter.

Jon

GSTamral
04-18-2004, 02:39 AM
Celtic, then repost your response, because there were 0 anti-semitic statements. We made a reference to WW1, in which there were no Nazi's fighting. How you came up with the assasination of Archduke Ferdinand to be an anti-semitic statement is beyond me, but I am sure TRL will agree it was anti-semitic, because she is simply too stupid to know otherwise.

TRL, your statement of half truths in this case is your typical asinine innuendo. Being it you don't know anything about the matter when it happened, along with the fact that you truly know very little about most anything, I find it rather comforting that you as usual, start antagonizing me at every opportunity because you simply have nothing intelligent to add to yet another situation.

TheRoseLady
04-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Okay since Tamral needs things spelled out so he can get a better understanding. Here goes:

You said this to Alan:

"While I will always hold an internal personal grudge for Mahegh calling myself and Jaelus Nazi's on the public boards..."

Now - That is not the whole truth, it's partially the truth. You misrepresented this by saying "Mahegh" as in Alan's GM persona said this to you on the boards. He replied that it indeed was NOT his GM persona, but was his personal account long before he became a GM. So...my comment about you posting half truths stands. You do it often, and most recently Sagan had to haul his ass over here to set you straight. You make comments that are based on conjecture and heresay - or just plain do not represent the facts, then you get pissed when you get your head handed back to you.

Just think of the comment you made concerning Stanley. You tried to imply that I support cash sales and therefore I should just expect and tolerate actions by the same. How idiotic is that?

I think it's pretty well known that you think most females are dumb and stupid, so it would only make sense that you accuse me of the same.

So tell me Tamral - do black helicopters circle your house at night? :loser:

-TRL

GSTamral
04-18-2004, 02:18 PM
Ok, since things obviously need to be spelled out for you, here goes:

<<<
Now - That is not the whole truth, it's partially the truth. You misrepresented this by saying "Mahegh" as in Alan's GM persona said this to you on the boards. He replied that it indeed was NOT his GM persona, but was his personal account long before he became a GM. So...my comment about you posting half truths stands. You do it often, and most recently Sagan had to haul his ass over here to set you straight. You make comments that are based on conjecture and heresay - or just plain do not represent the facts, then you get pissed when you get your head handed back to you.
>>>

As for it not being Mahegh posting, He was a sage at the time, and therefore, while he made the post from a player account, he did so while a member of the customer service staff. As for sagan having to "haul his ass here to set me straight", When Sagan posts that this was the reason he came to these boards, I will acquiesce to your stupidity. I can equally say anyone who has ever rebuked you on these boards has also "hauled there ass here for the sole purpose of setting you straight"

As for myself thinking all females are stupid, you again are full of lies, as usual. I think YOU are an unintelligent person. What I think of you by no means classifies my feeling on women in general. You are nothing more than an overly rotund, and severely uneducated women bent on grudges. What's equally funny is how you hide behind an alternate persona on these boards, as if trying to hide who you are in the game, as if to say that you are above the association, when in fact, you are like an elephant in memory of your in game grudges, both in remembrance and stature.

As for me stating your support of cash sales? Yes, I will freely admit I have given up my opposition of it in light of the fact that opposing it has become impossible, and have also pointed no less than 3 people looking for coins in the direction of people who would sell them. My point to you was quite simple. You defended the practice and the people who turned the game into a business. So be it. But don't complain with the results when stupidity overtakes older players. Many people who have invested a lot of time in the game would not have sold out had they not had the option to, and without that option, I am doubtful many would simply give up their bodies to a random new player. You supported it from day 1, and you supported the people who did. I have made my peace with it, and am playing in the new world it has created. You apparently have not adapted, and don't want to adapt, you want the to have the cake and eat it too. Sorry, just isn't going to happen.

Edited to correct gamehost to sage, since apparently that constitutes bearing to Harmnone in the validity of an argument on anti-semitism

[Edited on 4-18-2004 by GSTamral]

HarmNone
04-18-2004, 02:40 PM
Oh, well. For what it is worth, I am very glad to have both Sagan and Celtic posting here with us. If it is Tamral we have to thank for that, then....THANKS, TAMRAL!:shibby:

HarmNone

Celtic
04-18-2004, 03:30 PM
Ok, since things obviously need to be spelled out for you, here goes:

As for it not being Mahegh posting, He was a gamehost at the time,

BZZZT!

Wrong again Tamral.

I thought we put water under this bridge at Simucon a few years back, but I guess not.

I NEVER was a gamehost.

Cheers to you.

Alan.

peam
04-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Nice burn.

You should come mingle amongst the other threads, Celtic. :D

HarmNone
04-18-2004, 03:39 PM
Tamral, you would probably benefit from a small dose of "shaddap". You seem to be getting your "facts" wrong. ;)

HarmNone

GSTamral
04-18-2004, 04:43 PM
No, celtic, you were not, you are correct. You were, however a sage.

As for this bridge, I've nothing left to fight with you, nor do I want to. I do believe we had settled this matter evenly at last year's simucon. I am merely stating that TRL has no idea what she is talking about in her accusations of a situation she does not know anything about.

At the time of the posting, you WERE a sage, and you did have DIRECT knowledge of the situation from the mechanics side of the constable star. And furthermore, you again insinuated just here that I had made anti-semitic remarks when I had done no such thing. I had made a very angry response post to you to say exactly that. If you still wish to maintain that the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand thereby leading the Ottoman Empire to war is a form of anti-semitism, then by all means, please re-visit a history class to clear that matter up. If you still believe that WW1 was an anti-semitic war, then I ask you to seek an Encyclopedia.

I will still rebuke any statements you made towards me that I had made anti-semitic remarks. That you did not know your history/reacted without reading/misinterpreted something badly is not my fault.

Feel free to post that whole thread onto here. I'd welcome it. Include my venting post as well. I am sure that will set the matter straight. If I can find the copies of my own posts returned to me, I'll be happy to do the same.

GSTamral
04-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Harmnone,
being it you don't know the situation, and didn't know it when it happened, I believe you are calling the kettle black here.

04-18-2004, 04:46 PM
Why didn't you say sage in the first place?

HarmNone
04-18-2004, 04:48 PM
Harmnone,
being it you don't know the situation, and didn't know it when it happened, I believe you are calling the kettle black here.

The "situation" notwithstanding, Tamral, I DO know that Mahegh was never a GameHost. You were, in that case, incorrect, were you not? Therefore, my statement stands. :)

HarmNone

GSTamral
04-18-2004, 04:52 PM
well then Harmnone, I am sorry that I did not distinguish between a sage and a gamehost. Notwithstanding, an alter of such a detail hardly pertains to the statement of having made anti-semitic statements now does it?

I suppose I should then be like Bob and ask you to go back and learn to spell every time you make a spelling mistake? That would be silly, and equally pointless. Your attempt to jump in for a strike on me was empty, and borne of spite. Hardly befitting such a name, Harmnone.

TheRoseLady
04-18-2004, 04:56 PM
Tamral:

Here are some facts for you:

1. I do have an education. But no doubt it pales in comparison to someone of your stature and integrity.

2. I don't hide behind any alternate persona. I am not who my characters are, and because I have so many I choose not post so that I out them all. What does this have to do with anything?

3. I have no grudge against you in game or out. I merely defended Ciston, and you could not stand the fact that people would actually stand up and correct you for statements that you make that are incorrect.

4. You still make statements and pass them off as fact. And when you are called out, you come out with personal insults which show alot about the nature of your true character.

5. Now, allow me to correct yet another one of your statements of fact that is not true. ie cash sales.

"You supported it from day 1, and you supported the people who did."

I was not here when it was started from day 1. Items were sold and changed hands in the ICE age. I wasn't there. Wake up Tamral - we're not all part of The Conspiracy.

6. You said "I have made my peace with it, and am playing in the new world it has created. You apparently have not adapted, and don't want to adapt, you want the to have the cake and eat it too. Sorry, just isn't going to happen."

So it wasn't you who entered a thread about a bonehead and proceeded to tell me that since I supported cash sales that I should expect this sort of thing ...blah blah blah - and the guy isn't even sold? Who here hasn't adapted and moved on?

Really - unless you have an apology for such harsh personal attacks on me, I have nothing further to say to you.

-TRL

HarmNone
04-18-2004, 04:58 PM
You credit yourself far too highly, Tamral. I hold no spite for you. That would require a level of interest in your doings which I do not possess. I just notice that you are very quick to point out the flaws in others, while refusing to see that you, yourself, are also in possession of more than a few.

It seems to me, for the record, that you harbor far more spite for TheRoseLady than she has shown toward you. You have even made it a point to take that spite to other threads than this.

Pot? Kettle? You decide, Tamral.

HarmNone

GSTamral
04-18-2004, 05:02 PM
<<<
So it wasn't you who entered a thread about a bonehead and proceeded to tell me that since I supported cash sales that I should expect this sort of thing ...blah blah blah - and the guy isn't even sold? Who here hasn't adapted and moved on?
>>>

1) You are the one who posted your rules on reporting snerts.

2) You're the one reporting people for use of that type of language in game, which, if you havent noticed, has become extremely commonplace. Maybe you should ponder as to why?

Ravenstorm
04-18-2004, 05:02 PM
I never knew g-a-m-e-h-o-s-t was an alternate spelling of sage. Learn something new every day.

Raven

GSTamral
04-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Harmnone, I have taken that spite to precisely one other thread. Which is nowhere near the number of threads to which she has come in, spouting cycnicisms as though she knows who I am, what I stand for, and what I do, and made insinuations about me.

By making the statements she did regarding my having made anti-semitic statements in such a light, to rebuff a situation she knows nothing about, she stepped over an edge, and thus I retaliated with an equally stupid, silly, and baseless namecall in another thread, yes. Nobody is immune to anger, especially in a sensitive case such as this.

If she wants to undermine my claim that I did not make such statements, then she will have to deal with my ire, because on such a matter, I will hold a grudge. You can ask Celtic all about that, because I am sure he can tell you. Her post here was of nothing more than malice and spite at myself personally, and invaded and fragmentized an argument I had made very simply with nothing else, just to make it a full blown argument, one I am sure neither Celtic nor myself wishes to delve back into. She then compares my ire and insinuates that I find all women to be stupid, just to get another rise.

Therefore, I will feel free to call her an uneducated, obtuse, rotund sack of shit, because in my mind, that is precisely how she is acting.

Ardwen
04-18-2004, 05:23 PM
You know being both a friend of yours and the target of your postings it never ceases to amaze me how many people that you consider friends you seem to like to burn on these boards Tamral. Having been on both sides I take anything you post with a grain of salt, and usually ask around to see what really is happening, generally its about a quarter of what you post at the most.

Beware folks if you get on Tamral's bad side, odds are you may be the next one he adds to the evil conspiracy theory.

Ardwen
Poster of Stuff

TheRoseLady
04-18-2004, 05:25 PM
Harmnone, I have taken that spite to precisely one other thread. Which is nowhere near the number of threads to which she has come in, spouting cycnicisms as though she knows who I am, what I stand for, and what I do, and made insinuations about me.

Okay Tamral, now you have told something as fact that you will have to prove. The only threads that I have entered that have addressed you directly have been any in which you have engaged in bashing Ciston or Ardwen, and the one with Alan. That really can't be more than what 2 or 3? So let's see each and every single thread that you claim is so substantial to warrant such retaliation on your part.

Now is the time to put up or shut up. Really you need to stop exaggerating the facts of situations, otherwise you will never ever have any amount of credibility.

Start digging bud.

-TRL

Edaarin
04-18-2004, 05:26 PM
I talk to you both, and I'm on friendly terms with both of you. Your response to her jab was completely uncalled for. Come on, civilized people don't talk like that.

Snapp
04-18-2004, 05:26 PM
I find it hilarious that Tamral has the nerve to make comments about anyone's weight/personal appearance after seeing pics of him at Simucons.

TheRoseLady
04-18-2004, 05:41 PM
By making the statements she did regarding my having made anti-semitic statements in such a light, to rebuff a situation she knows nothing about, she stepped over an edge, and thus I retaliated with an equally stupid, silly, and baseless namecall in another thread, yes. Nobody is immune to anger, especially in a sensitive case such as this.

I just have one more thing to add. Tamral is saying that he has retaliated so harshly in another thread against something I said here. Oddly his retaliatory post happened 5 days BEFORE I posted a thing in this folder. Were you psychic? Hell when can you tell the truth?

The posts:

Tamral posted on 4-11-2004 at 08:41 PM Post ID: 155217

TRL, historically, given your strong support for the use of cash as a means to buy characters and items, how in the world did you think situations like this would not happen?

<clipped for brevity>

TheRoseLady posted on 4-16-2004 at 08:23 PM Post ID: 159001

Tamral posting half of the truth to embellish his viewpoint, how surprising.

<clipped for brevity>

I don't think I need to say another word, Tamral you do enough damage to yourself without anyone else's assistance.

HarmNone
04-18-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Ardwen
You know being both a friend of yours and the target of your postings it never ceases to amaze me how many people that you consider friends you seem to like to burn on these boards Tamral. Having been on both sides I take anything you post with a grain of salt, and usually ask around to see what really is happening, generally its about a quarter of what you post at the most.

Beware folks if you get on Tamral's bad side, odds are you may be the next one he adds to the evil conspiracy theory.

Ardwen
Poster of Stuff

Heh. While I appreciate the warning, Ardwen, I am beginning to think that being added to Tamral's list of evil conspirators might just be a badge of honor. ;)

Tamral, what your friends are telling you has a great deal of validity. You have the ability to express yourself well. Perhaps, if you turned yourself more toward the positive than the negative, that ability would be better served. :)

HarmNone

TheEschaton
04-18-2004, 06:06 PM
What the hell is the definition of a Sage, anyways?

-TheE-

Latrinsorm
04-18-2004, 06:30 PM
Dudes who hang out with Lukahn, give me a canoe and give some crappy advice. Neat hats, too.

Celtic
04-18-2004, 06:46 PM

First off, Tamral, the post in question was made around 1999. I wasn't on staff till 2000. Be that as it may, it's a total moot point since THE moment I made staff, I was prohibited from posting using my personal account.

I guess I'm just waiting for the next conspiracy theory of yours.

Oh, I have one.

Simutronics is very worried about their image on these boards so they "fired" me publicly in order for me to infiltrate these boards, become a monitor then an administrator, and finally turning the boards to pro Simu!

Oh, I have a better one.

I'm buying these boards from the owner, turning it into a BASH SIMU PLAYERS WHO DISAGREE WITH SIMU board.

<grin>

Thanks for the chuckle Tamral.

LC

Celtic
04-18-2004, 06:48 PM
What the hell is the definition of a Sage, anyways?

Sages were an extra level of staff that later was deemed unnecessary and discontinued.

LC

04-18-2004, 06:51 PM
BUSTED TUBBY

Jay
04-18-2004, 08:04 PM
Alan as Alan = Okay

Alan as Player Characters = Okay

Alan as Mentor Muckety-Muck (forgot the title) = Okay

Alan as GM = Not Okay.

I did not always feel this way. This view was only developed after witnessing his actions in that role. These include uninformed authorative comments/views, OOC NPCs, an adversarial theme to many of his NPCS (Chavie et al.) and a unapologetic arrogance that a lot of GMs seem to feel is a requirement of the job) No rancor or hate was involved in the forming of this opinion as I've partied with the man. Hi Alan! Just my humble opinion.

~Jay

"In addition, you've got Jay... reason enough to quit right there and run screaming. "

Celtic
04-18-2004, 08:38 PM
Hey Jay!

You forgot to finish your post with...

IMHO..

<flees>

LC

Jay
04-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Actually I did! It was right after "Hi Alan!". :)

::flees as well::

~Jay

ElanthianSiren
04-18-2004, 09:30 PM
Only memory I have of Celtic/Alan is SIMU 2001. I refused to stick my real name on my simu badge placing instead "Kitten Goddess" there, so Alan goes yelling "Kitten goddess?! Where is kitten goddess?!"

So I come and get my badge, and he's all 'this one doesn't look at all like her pic.'

:P

Drive to St Louis + 108,000,00 degrees F + tired goth girl = bad picture.

I never interacted with the staffing character who shall not be spelled (because I will spell it wrong), but that aside, I also noticed Krash is gone from that list.

What a shame. Krash liked imput from players on what SIMU could do to improve GS based on other gaming experiences. He was never intimidated by that, and I thought that was cool.

-Melissa

GSTamral
04-18-2004, 11:26 PM
TRL, that post I made in the Stanley Burrell thread was not some sort of masked insult directed at you. It was a statement of point. Historically you have supported both the sales of items for cash, and people who sold them. I merely pointed out that the effect you observed was one that may have been the direct result of such a sale, which someone else had pointed out earlier in the thread. That was not some insult directed at you, it was a statement regarding reaping what you sow.

Alan, on a side note in regardance to the conspiracy allegation, you've still yet to relegate to the point of the matter. Do you still wish to stand by your statement that myself and Jaelus made anti-semitic comments to you prompting your response? How about posting that thread up here for people to see and judge themselves whether it was anti-semitic? There is no conspiracy in that.

04-18-2004, 11:33 PM
He already did.

Skirmisher
04-19-2004, 01:41 AM
Tamral, this is turning into a whuppin.

Run while you still can.

Ilvane
04-19-2004, 01:44 AM
I missed that Krash wasn't there..That makes me sad. Hopefully he is still around in some capacity.:(

-A

[Edited on 4-19-2004 by Ilvane]

Ardwen
04-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Krash and Krilcan/Zulkata are on indefinite LOAs or were last time I saw someone I could ask

Ardwen
Poster of Sad News

Ilvane
04-19-2004, 01:49 PM
That is a serious bummer.

:( I hope they hire some really good people to work on storylines. There are some good people now, but they need more.:) Storylines to me are what drive the game, not so much the hunting/mechanics stuff.

-A

Askip
04-20-2004, 12:17 AM
<< Alan as Mentor Muckety-Muck (forgot the title) >>

Chief Council.

:D

P.S.
Alan, update your website already - what's the news? Besides that your gone? :(

P.P.S. I miss Jeeves too.

Celtic
04-20-2004, 02:05 AM
Patience weedhopper.

All good will come to those who await.

LC

FinisWolf
04-20-2004, 02:46 AM
Patience weedhopper.

All good will come to those who await.

LC

Looking at your site, seems like you been waiting to get to it for quite awhile already, get some drive! And lets see your surprise. :)

Finiswolf

Parkbandit
06-08-2004, 08:49 AM

Pay attention to my website in the coming weeks (about 2) for some interesting updates and some pretty cool news.

See ya'all around.

LC.

What the hell ever happened to this update? "Updated 10/22/03!!"

I think he posted that JUST to up his counter hits.