PDA

View Full Version : A fascination with music

Parker
09-21-2010, 07:55 AM
So I've been wracking my brain, lately, and scouring the web for new music that I actually like...Admittedly, it's not easy.

I'm a big fan of metal, rock, certain brands of techno, so I'm looking for input from the brilliant and twisted minds of the PC.

Things from bands like Chevelle (Heavier stuff), Five Finger Death Punch, Mushroomhead, etc have been in the playlist for years, and I need fresh beatz, yo.

Also, a more recent fascination with songs like :wumpscut:'s wreathe of barbs and christfuck, KMFDM's "Ready to blow" dwarf mix, and some other random industrial techno has lead to major problems in actually figuring out how to define that music. There doesn't seem to be a genre for heavy, bass-driven beats and catchy tempo like that.

So...If you have tastes that hang out in this range, and know of bands that aren't really in the mainstream (Or I've probably found them), but make good stuff, post it here.

diethx
09-21-2010, 07:56 AM
Things from bands like Chevelle (Heavier stuff)

lol

edit to add: If you like drum n bass, check out Dr. GS. Good shit.

peam
09-21-2010, 08:00 AM
This thread has the gayest title ever.

The only way it could be gayer is if it were "A fascination with music and being penetrated in various orifices by dicks."

diethx
09-21-2010, 08:01 AM
This thread has the gayest title ever.

The only way it could be gayer is if it were "A fascination with music and being penetrated in various orifices by dicks."

Pretty sure Parker is female, and therefore, that would be the opposite of gay.

peam
09-21-2010, 08:02 AM
THE QUALM IS WITH THE THREAD'S NAME, NOT THE POSTER, MADAM.

diethx
09-21-2010, 08:03 AM
BUT BEING PENENENENENENTRATED IS NOT GAY UNLESS YOU ARE A MAN!

peam
09-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Oh, and double lol at Chevelle.

You should probably listen to At The Gates or some old Darkest Hour.

If you're in to KMFDM, Wesley Willis has an excellent tribute song.

And whatever you do, stay the fuck away from Wu-Tang.

peam
09-21-2010, 08:05 AM
BUT BEING PENENENENENENTRATED IS NOT GAY UNLESS YOU ARE A MAN!

Threads are by default male.

diethx
09-21-2010, 08:05 AM
rofl Wesley Willis. Is he still alive?

peam
09-21-2010, 08:09 AM
rofl Wesley Willis. Is he still alive?

No. He died of leukemia in like 02-03.

The good always go young.

ROCK AND ROLL MCDONALD'S ROCK AND ROLL MCDONALD'S

diethx
09-21-2010, 08:10 AM
Sad. He WAS talent. :(

Parker
09-21-2010, 08:21 AM
I hate the fact that you two have derailed my thread for this crap!

Meanwhile, demonoid for new stuff. Give more!

Delias
09-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Go old school with some Hendrix. No one can disparage him or his badass sound without me showing up and disemboweling them like some sort of "You're not hearin Jimi", ghost of white men can't jump vengeance.

peam
09-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Morris Day and the Time

AnticorRifling
09-21-2010, 09:06 AM
My jungle love....fuck you Peam now it's in my head.

peam
09-21-2010, 09:09 AM
OH WEEE OH WEEE OH

Sylvan Dreams
09-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Try going to Pandora's website. After you choose a song or band you like, you can let it search for groups that have a similar sound to what you were just listening to. You can then vote if it was a good match or not as well. There's some ads, but not that many.

iJin
09-21-2010, 01:28 PM
So I've been wracking my brain, lately, and scouring the web for new music that I actually like...Admittedly, it's not easy.

I'm a big fan of metal, rock, certain brands of techno, so I'm looking for input from the brilliant and twisted minds of the PC.

Things from bands like Chevelle (Heavier stuff), Five Finger Death Punch, Mushroomhead, etc have been in the playlist for years, and I need fresh beatz, yo.

Also, a more recent fascination with songs like :wumpscut:'s wreathe of barbs and christfuck, KMFDM's "Ready to blow" dwarf mix, and some other random industrial techno has lead to major problems in actually figuring out how to define that music. There doesn't seem to be a genre for heavy, bass-driven beats and catchy tempo like that.

So...If you have tastes that hang out in this range, and know of bands that aren't really in the mainstream (Or I've probably found them), but make good stuff, post it here.

Dearest, it's called Industrial Metal. Although I would never group it in just one genre.

Suggestions:
Android Lust (Love her)
Skold VS. KMFDM album (Love it)
Combichrist (Listen to the song, "All Your Bass Belongs To Us. Shit's wicked.)
Mankind is Obsolete (Love them.)
Skinny Puppy (Who doesn't love Ogre?)
MDFMK (Yes.)
Mindless Self Indulgence (Not really industrial, but they have catchy beats and some shit.)
Curve (Fuckin' Curve man.)
Skold (Own material. Good shit.)

Some you may of heard of and others not. I dunno. I listen to a range of Industrial and Goth music. Sweet sweet love to my ears. Oh and that Dwarf mix of Ready to Blow...Yeah...I'm having fucking sex to that song. SOONER OR LATER.

Latrinsorm
09-21-2010, 01:48 PM
iJin's pop-industrial suggestions are a good place for you to start. When you're ready for the real stuff, I've got two words for you: Avril Lavigne.

iJin
09-21-2010, 01:56 PM
I love you Eric. :heart:

Rucca
09-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Yeah, check out Mindless Self Indulgence. I think you would like them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOyb-fqnN28&a=GxdCwVVULXc0JtEbJLnbkcOzXc9h4-D8&list=ML

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM-M_F7WrPg&feature=related

diethx
09-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Frankenstein Girls(...) is my favorite MSI album. It's got like 20394823048 songs on it and they're all pretty much awesome.

Also, fuck your face Peamis. Fuck your face.

Parker
09-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Some you may of heard of and others not. I dunno. I listen to a range of Industrial and Goth music. Sweet sweet love to my ears. Oh and that Dwarf mix of Ready to Blow...Yeah...I'm having fucking sex to that song. SOONER OR LATER.

Done it, was fantastic! Also, thank you.

In the immortal words of /b/, MOOOOAARRR!

peam
09-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Also, fuck your face Peamis. Fuck your face.

That's fine, but you NEVER say an unkind word about The Time.

4a6c1
09-21-2010, 06:51 PM
Here's some stuff. I love electronic metal and some other stuff that is mostly what I call 'angry noise'. :)

Flesh Field
Rammstien
Assemblage 23
Combichrist
Suicide Commando
Grendel
Eisbrecher
Psyclon Nine
Collapse Project
Genocide Lolita
Panzer Ag
Retrosic
The Berzerker
Lamb of God
Powerman 5000
Dope (only American Apathy)
Samael
Tiamat
At All Cost
Collapse Project
God Forbid
System of a Down (old stuff)
Disturbed
Static X

Warriorbird
09-21-2010, 07:56 PM
The Ministry Psalm 69 album.

Kainen
09-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Rammstein is not "angry noise", it's sex to a beat.

But I am gonna check out some of the bands you listed that I am not familiar with.

Rucca
09-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Rammstein is not "angry noise", it's sex to a beat.

My oh my yes...especially Du hast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My0HQ0QkGLQ

Cephalopod
09-21-2010, 09:10 PM
My oh my yes...especially Du hast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My0HQ0QkGLQ

This song always reminds me of The Lost Highway...

peam
09-21-2010, 11:51 PM
The terrible.. it hurts..

4a6c1
09-21-2010, 11:57 PM
lolz. dont hate.