PDA

View Full Version : Incant vs. Channel vs. standard prep cast.

Shalla
04-13-2004, 01:35 PM
Does anybody have any logs of Channeling, and incanting? What is preferable? As for the sorcerers, do you notice a significant change when it comes to damages while channeling in defensive and then offensive vs. incanting in defensive then offensive for mana disrupt?

Sean
04-13-2004, 01:38 PM
I always and only channel my bane. I only use incant on the rare occasion I'm group hunting.

Shalla
04-13-2004, 01:47 PM
When you're channeling, what stance do you use?

Also, is there a significant damage done when channeling compared to incanting?

Miss X
04-13-2004, 01:51 PM
There is a big difference. I always always channel (remember channeling only works if your open handed) and if I have wizard spells I hunt in offensive stance. It takes me twice as long to kill stuff in defensive and incanting.

Sean
04-13-2004, 01:52 PM
I hunt stance off open right hand.

Shalla
04-13-2004, 01:56 PM
Open "right" hand on offensive? :O

what about your defense?

Miss X
04-13-2004, 02:00 PM
Yup, I do the same as Tijay, Defense is still over 400 usually and I only get hurt if theres a Farlook in the temple. That's temple Wyneb in Illistim, its stupidly easy to hunt there as a caster.

DeV
04-13-2004, 02:07 PM
For a sorcerer: open handed channeling (702) does more damage than casting. Also, the stance never mattered much as far as channeling, guarded always does the job.

Shalla
04-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Does it take as much mana to kill one critter with open hand channeling on offensive compared to incanting?

Sean
04-13-2004, 02:13 PM
My defense in offensive self cast at 65 is ~ 370, Illoke only at about 350. But since I don't feel like using voln I actually tend to hunt in advanced with no symbol of protection open right hand my DS is 364 which is more than enough not to worry. This might change as I move into new hunting grounds. But since I've been in illoke forever I can say it works for me now.

Sean
04-13-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Lady Shalla
Does it take as much mana to kill one critter with open hand channeling on offensive compared to incanting?

Should take less but it depends on how many casts on average it takes you either way. I find the damage much higher with channel which probably saves me a cast or two. But I also return from hunts with a healthy portion of my mana.

Wezas
04-13-2004, 02:29 PM
#shatter
put prep 1106
waitfor Your spell is ready.
put channel %1

----

though there may be a way for PSInet to do it for me. Anyone know if stance plays a part in Bone Shatter? Didn't think it did.

Kitsun
04-13-2004, 02:37 PM
Just FYI...

Incant = Prep/Cast in terms of everything but targetting mechanism. All incant does is autofind a target.

My cleric channels bane, offensive, hands empty. The difference in damage dealt compared to endroll generated is insane. I'll save some clips when I go hunting.

Miss X
04-13-2004, 02:41 PM
stance affects bone shatter Wezas, I to a large amount more damage in offensive than I did when I was hunting in guarded.

J-Tech
04-13-2004, 02:51 PM
As my wizard:

I always use prep/cast when casting bolts at a critter, i use incant for spelling up and casting stuff like, ewave, mewave, cone etc...

As my sorc:

I would channel in guarded when i use 702, which i also heard is the only sorcerer spell that is affected by channel, and when i cast 705 it's just prep cast.

I dont like using incant in a hunt, and thats because if i just spelled someone up, or cast a spell for someone, and there in the room when oyu incant, it attacks that person instead of a critter. I was hunting with Joxter yesterday and he incanted 719 and it casted at me....of course he didnt ward me tho. ;)

J.T.

Kitsun
04-13-2004, 04:08 PM
Tried to keep the clips in the 120 +/-10 endroll range but didn't feel like blowing mana in certain stances...

Stance Guarded, Cast, One-Hand Open:

A sickly, violet haze encompasses a moulis.
CS: +381 - TD: +291 + CvA: +25 + d100: +3 == +118
Warding failed!
The violet haze steadily swirls around the moulis, discoloring patches on a moulis's fleshy membrane that came in direct contact with the haze.
The moulis is hit for 25 points of damage!
... 10 points of damage!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

You gesture at a moulis.
CS: +381 - TD: +291 + CvA: +25 + d100: +15 == +130
Warding failed!
The violet haze eddies and swirls around the moulis, lashing out at a moulis's fleshy membrane with ethereal tendrils.
The moulis is hit for 34 points of damage!
... 10 points of damage!
Light burns to the moulis's leg.

You gesture at a moulis.
CS: +381 - TD: +291 + CvA: +25 + d100: +15 == +130
Warding failed!
The violet haze steadily swirls around the moulis, discoloring patches on a moulis's fleshy membrane that came in direct contact with the haze.
The moulis is hit for 27 points of damage!
... 15 points of damage!
Minor burns to the moulis's weapon arm.

You gesture at a dhu goleras.
A sickly, violet haze encompasses a dhu goleras.
CS: +381 - TD: +324 + CvA: +25 + d100: +53 == +135
Warding failed!
The violet haze eddies and swirls around the goleras, lashing out at a dhu goleras's skin with ethereal tendrils.
The dhu goleras is hit for 29 points of damage!
... 20 points of damage!
Wreath of energy burns away the dhu goleras's hair and leaves skin blackened!

=============================================

Stance Offense, Cast, Empty Handed:

CS: +381 - TD: +324 + CvA: +25 + d100: +45 == +127
Warding failed!
The violet haze eddies and swirls around the goleras, lashing out at a dhu goleras's skin with ethereal tendrils.
The dhu goleras is hit for 34 points of damage!
... 15 points of damage!
Searing blast of energy to hip spins the dhu goleras around!

CS: +381 - TD: +324 + CvA: +25 + d100: +39 == +121
Warding failed!
The dhu goleras is hit for 29 points of damage!
... 15 points of damage!
Plasma scorches a hole in the dhu goleras's weapon arm!

You gesture at a moulis.
CS: +381 - TD: +291 + CvA: +25 + d100: +9 == +124
Warding failed!
The violet haze eddies and swirls around the moulis, lashing out at a moulis's fleshy membrane with ethereal tendrils.
The moulis is hit for 34 points of damage!
... 10 points of damage!
Pinpoint strike sears the moulis's chest.

==============================================

Stance Offense, Channel, Empty Handed:

You channel at a moulis.
CS: +381 - TD: +291 + CvA: +25 + d100: +6 == +121
Warding failed!
The violet haze rapidly swirls around the moulis, sparking with pockets of chaotic, plasma energy.
The moulis is hit for 57 points of damage!
... 20 points of damage!
Plasma lashes the moulis's weapon arm blistering flesh.

You channel at a moulis.
CS: +381 - TD: +291 + CvA: +25 + d100: +13 == +128
Warding failed!
The violet haze furiously swirls around the moulis, striking at a moulis with small flashes of plasma.
The moulis is hit for 68 points of damage!
... 15 points of damage!
Light burns to the moulis's leg.
The moulis flails wildly for a moment before going still, its appendages dropping lifelessly to the ground.
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Jonty
04-13-2004, 04:16 PM
I use incant regularly with my sorcerer, and use target when needed.

702 is dumb, so I never use it anyway. I haven;t seen a great enough difference with channeling in stance offensive and an open left hand to bother with it.

On the other hand, with my empath, I see a GREAT difference while using channel. So for him, it's worth it.

Artha
04-13-2004, 04:34 PM
though there may be a way for PSInet to do it for me.

To channel, you'd type cbone <target>. To do a normal cast, you'd type bone <target>.

Wezas
04-13-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Artha

though there may be a way for PSInet to do it for me.

To channel, you'd type cbone <target>. To do a normal cast, you'd type bone <target>.

So it wasn't just Tayre being a sick fuck.

It was Jamus being a sick fuck.

Kaeral
08-21-2004, 08:33 AM
Is there anyone that could tell me which, if any, spells available to a wizard are affected by channel? :thanx:

Kitsun
08-21-2004, 08:38 AM
No wizard spells can be channeled yet.

Nakiro
08-21-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Miss X
stance affects bone shatter Wezas, I to a large amount more damage in offensive than I did when I was hunting in guarded.

Only when channeled.