PDA

View Full Version : Let's move on people

04-13-2004, 09:39 AM
Damn, three posts already and the second topic started. Yeah, I'm bored as hell. Two more hours till my next class. ANYWAY, let's get on with it.

Let's this moving and get more stuff started. What am I talking about? Griffon Sword Saga and War of the Nations. It's time to finish these damn quests up. It's been way too long of a life for these. It's great that a fist full of players are having a blast with it, but a much larger majority would like to see them both move on.

My solution? Quests should be much more frequent and held at a much faster pace. The ABSOLUTELY longest? Two months, TOPS. That should be fore the most epic of the epic. There is no excuse for a two year quest or even worse, what that horrible Thurfel quest lasted at. A good pace? The kobold invasion was good and Bregandians were decent, but neither of them lasted years. They were fast paced and were believeable.

The GSS is expecially bad now. It seems to be being dragged out and out kicking and screaming. It's gotten extremely old and extremely repetative. What's worse is these multi-month lulls and then suddenly this thing picking up for a few days. By then, it pretty much becomes "Oh yeah, that thing!" and people just sorta participate. It's not exactly *THAT* engaging, due to the fact it's not an "every day thing that stares us in the face". Vishmiir, that was engaging, undead just appearing randomly on a nightly basis and it ended fast. Good clean fun. This though? Feh, no way.

My giant paragraph pwns.

- Arkans

Edaarin
04-13-2004, 09:40 AM
I agree. I lost track of the GSS a long time ago.

You know a quest has been going on too long when it begins, you leave for a year, come back, and it's still not finished.

DeV
04-13-2004, 10:54 AM
The recent GSS was the most drawn out event I'd ever been privy to in Gemstone.
It got old fast, plus Im not even sure if its over yet.

Pallon
04-13-2004, 11:59 AM
War of Nations is still going on? Damn

Galleazzo
04-13-2004, 03:28 PM
Heh, Vishmiir rocked. That was intense, in our faces, all the time, and it was over in less than a month.

AnticorRifling
04-13-2004, 03:31 PM
The balanthras was a good invasion as well.

I didn't even know WoN and GSS were still in play...

Celexei
04-13-2004, 05:45 PM
GSS is still goin on...and get ready...we got Zerroth in an irreversible sleep...now one down three more too go....who's next and how soon? Eryael (Mularos high priest) and pretty damn soon...be prepared for more. I say bring on Sheru...

Artha
04-13-2004, 05:48 PM
GSS got taken down so long because of GSIV. I stopped following it when it moved over to the EN, seeing as I didn't have enough climbing to get over there. I ended up rerolling Artha before it started back up in a place I could get to. I think WoN, for all intents and purposes is over.

Latrinsorm
04-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
The balanthras was a good invasion as well. Banaltras, and they sucked. Maybe (probably) because my char at the time was old enough to not be in danger from them. Ooo, a creature on North Ring Road. It didn't even kill the kitten. :(

Note: If there was also a balanthra invasion and I'm stupid, disregard this post, please.

Celexei
04-13-2004, 06:32 PM
When was that invasion? only invasions i remember in the near past were the Krol and the ones that took over ya body appearance...can't even member what they where now

Latrinsorm
04-13-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Celexei
When was that invasion? only invasions i remember in the near past were the Krol and the ones that took over ya body appearance...can't even member what they where now I think you're talking about Vreen morphs. Banaltra was around the turn of the century, if I remember correct. Certainly not later than 2001.

Celexei
04-13-2004, 06:51 PM
ahhh that would be why, and yes the morphs...although smaller stuff but still a decent SHORT invasion

HouseofElves
04-14-2004, 03:53 PM
I think the only thing left in the WON is the Fortuneers have to sail and go look for some treasure, or some such.

As far as the GSS I've just come to accept that it is....never....going....to...end. Ever.

:shrug:

peam
04-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Vvrael = Best Quest Ever.

N00bs.

Warriorbird
04-15-2004, 09:09 AM
Thurfel = far more frustrating than the GSS. Not, however, that I don't think the GSS should've been done in like four or five months tops.

AnticorRifling
04-15-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by peam

N00bs.

Before my time so STFU old ass.

Why are you people posting in my folders? I don't want to work. Go flame in char complaints or something. :cool:

MPSorc
04-15-2004, 09:44 AM
[quote]Originally posted by peam

Although my characters were too young to participate i did have good knowlege of this quest and it was by far one of the best that i have been witness to.

HarmNone
04-15-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Why are you people posting in my folders? I don't want to work. Go flame in char complaints or something. :cool:

Ahem. Anticor, do not send your rejects to Tsa`ah and I, eh? YOU deal with it! :D

HarmNone thinks work would be good for you!