PDA

View Full Version : 6x mechanical flaring handaxe

Ugotfaced
09-16-2010, 10:21 AM
6x mech flarin handaxe

a viciously serrated moon axe with a knotwork-carved ivory haft, 6x mechanical flares
show: Two slender metal blades are attached to the handle of the axe. They are angled so that they lie parallel to one another, against the length of the weapon. Tightly coiled steel springs are clearly visible beneath the blades. The springs appear to be in absolutely perfect condition. You also notice a small enchanter's mark.

MB: 8m
CB: 9m IW SOLD!!!
BO:12m

Will go once twice sold.

Takin cash at 7/per

Sellin cause I haven't been able to use it much. Good weapon though.

Sht

DoctorUnne
09-18-2010, 11:15 AM
Are the flares as effective as elemental flares? Do they ever crit?

Kitsun
09-18-2010, 11:49 AM
Mechanical flares will target the spot the weapon struck unless it was obliterated by the original hit. They can crit. I had a pair of spike flaring mechanical daggers and they'd poke out eyes like scissors and screaming, running children.

DoctorUnne
09-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Mechanical flares will target the spot the weapon struck unless it was obliterated by the original hit. They can crit. I had a pair of spike flaring mechanical daggers and they'd poke out eyes like scissors and screaming, running children.

Would you say the damage on average is the same as elemental flares?

Kitsun
09-19-2010, 09:20 PM
Old sampling I took for whatever reason

** Several small spring-loaded rods attached to Tihra baselard's suddenly shoot out with incredible force! **
... 30 points of damage!
Hard hit shatters shield arm.
The silverback orc is stunned!

** Several small spring-loaded rods attached to Tihra baselard's suddenly shoot out with incredible force! **
... 3 points of damage!

... 20 points of damage!
Neck vertebrae snap.

... 25 points of damage!
Shield arm mangled horribly.

... 10 points of damage!
Smash to the kneecap.

... 15 points of damage!
Smack to the eye bursts blood vessels.

... 45 points of damage!
Awesome shot collapses a lung!

... 25 points of damage!
Blow to chest causes the silverback orc's heart to skip a beat.

Fallen
09-19-2010, 09:32 PM
They probably don't crit as high, but they crit the same location as they land. They are made for those who aim their shots.

Abilene
09-20-2010, 09:50 AM
6x mech flarin handaxe

Takin cash at 7/per

Huh. A week or so ago when you wanted me to sell you my mech flaring falchion, you were trying to tell me the going rate was 5/per.
Funny how things work like that.

Sam
09-20-2010, 09:59 AM
you got faced!

Lambent
09-20-2010, 03:08 PM
not to hijack this thread, but didn't they make a version of these that had only temp mech flares? It's been a long time since I've had one so I'm unsure and not saying that someone is trying to rip you guys off either.

Donquix
09-20-2010, 03:34 PM
They did, that's why he has the show listed. The mechanical bits in "absolutely perfect" condition = permanent flares.

Tightly coiled steel springs are clearly visible beneath the blades. The springs appear to be in absolutely perfect condition

Nilandia
09-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Yes, a version of weapons with temp flares were sold at the Anfelt in 2006. The springs would degrade over time, eventually breaking, and the show would indicate their condition. However, the permanent flares have springs that are in 'absolutely perfect' condition, while unused temp flares had springs in 'flawless' condition.

If the show listed in the first post is accurate, it has permanent flares.

Gretchen

Ugotfaced
09-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Huh. A week or so ago when you wanted me to sell you my mech flaring falchion, you were trying to tell me the going rate was 5/per.
Funny how things work like that.

First off I sent you that right after someone actually said they were selling their silvers for 5/per. So, at the time. Yes. it was 5per. Seems that was just one crazy ass sale, and no one else is dropping below 6.5/m SO, I'm going to stick to 7m which seems to be pretty fair atm. I just don't use the weapon, and want someone to own it who will. So. Thanks. :)

Side note. Flares are perm. Description is accurate.

Lambent
09-20-2010, 08:39 PM
yes, thanks for the clarification....like I said, it had been a while since I had seen them.

DoctorUnne
09-20-2010, 09:11 PM
8 million

IorakeWarhammer
09-20-2010, 09:34 PM
9m

IorakeWarhammer
09-20-2010, 09:37 PM
hopin to use it on Deron with a +8 VHCW handaxe to accent my new armor hehe

Ugotfaced
09-21-2010, 09:36 AM
updated bids bump

Ugotfaced
09-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Going twice at 9m. will be sold 2morrow(wed.) at noon if no other bids.

Ugotfaced
09-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Sold, thanks for playin folks.