PDA

View Full Version : Blueland classic auction

theotherjohn
08-29-2003, 11:02 PM
You hear the subdued thoughts of Blueland echo in your mind:
"selling a dark sigil-worked breastplate, leather breastplate, three enchants, exceptional damage padding, oh and its altered. 2.4 to Warclod. last chance.."

>

You hear the subdued thoughts of Blueland echo in your mind:
"selling a dark sigil-worked breastplate, leather breastplate, three enchants, exceptional damage padding, oh and its altered. 2.4 to Warclod. Sold.. when you come to me if you say a word you will be put to sleep."

Bobmuhthol
08-29-2003, 11:19 PM
Thank God for Blueland.

Parkbandit
08-30-2003, 12:17 PM
I go back and forth from despising Warclaidhm to feeling sorry for him.

StrayRogue
08-30-2003, 12:20 PM
3 mil for exceptional?! God damn it.

IcyPoison
08-30-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by StrayRogue

Its already up on the boards for 8 mil. So you could have it if you wanted.

StrayRogue
08-30-2003, 03:11 PM
Not for 8 mil.

Pax
08-30-2003, 07:36 PM
You hear the subdued thoughts of Warclaidhm echo in your mind:
"selling a dark sigil worked breastplate. exceptionally damage padded. leather breastplate.enchant is 3x. Add coif and greaves for brig. altered show to follow. 8m flat"

HarmNone
08-30-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Pax
You hear the subdued thoughts of Warclaidhm echo in your mind:
"selling a dark sigil worked breastplate. exceptionally damage padded. leather breastplate.enchant is 3x. Add coif and greaves for brig. altered show to follow. 8m flat"

Heh. I guess he had the sense not to say anything to Blueland. :D

HarmNone, chuckling

Betheny
08-30-2003, 07:40 PM
Why is it that IDIOTS always get the best deals.

Neildo
08-31-2003, 09:48 AM

Yeah, that's the first thing I noticed too, heh. I wouldn't have minded starting out with that when GS4 starts for my new characters.. two to three months or whenever the hell it'll be released.

Why is it that IDIOTS always get the best deals.

No sh*t, tell me about it. I hate when something gets sold to someone then immediately resold for a much higher profit. That's why I just said screw it and began selling everything at already high prices.. when I used to be a merchant, that is. Very rarely will I sell something to someone for cheap.. only if I know for a fact that the person will keep the item for themselves which is mainly just roleplayed type characters that roleplay a specific way such as a drunkard, baker, commoner, jester, everything-must-start-with-P, or whatever else.

- N

StrayRogue
08-31-2003, 09:49 AM
To be fair to him, I'd be selling for that much too. Buy low, sell high; the American way.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
08-31-2003, 10:53 AM
The armor is worth 3 or 4M, not 8. He got a deal, but it shouldn't sell for 8m unless someone is desperate or has an ASG conversion ticket

Askip
08-31-2003, 11:16 AM
At what point does the enchant of an item outweigh the padding? For 3-8mil you can get 6x-8x plain armor. Is 'exceptional' worth 3x-5x less ET?

Does anyone have a table? Or even a rough rule-of-thumb? :D

Thanks,
Askip

imported_Kranar
08-31-2003, 11:29 AM
Depends on so many factors it's not even funny.

You have to consider DFRedux for one, if you have heavy redux then you're WAY better off with the damage padding than the enchant. Like litterally 50-60 times better off (and I mean litterally).

If you're a twig caster, then that damage padding won't do jack for you. Reason being if armor reduces say... 8 points of final damage, a warrior with good redux would need an end roll of about 300-400 to take that amount of damage. So that damage padding is virtually worth 300-400 DS. But if you're a twig caster then that damage padding only shaves off 15-20 end roll points, so you're better off with the 5x enchant bonus (which saves of +25 end roll points).

Now of course there are other factors, like if the weapon has flares you're screwed, damage padding won't really help there whereas extra DS could possibly help. And it depends on weapon type being used. But overall I'd say if you're a spellcaster then damage padding is garbage. If you're a warrior, then damage padding is God.

Bobmuhthol
08-31-2003, 11:31 AM
I'd much rather have exceptionally padded 0x hauberk than 8x hauberk. Crit padded, not damage padded. Damage padded = Useless. 3x damage padded for 8mil = Why the fuck do I still play GemStone?

Bobmuhthol
08-31-2003, 11:38 AM
Kranar, I can't help but feel you're at least half wrong.

The exceptional padding will take off 20 damage.. that's 20 endroll if the DF is 1.000 (which nothing is). Let's say someone swings a katar at you and it hits something other than the torso. Because it's breastplate, it becomes leather on everything but torso. The DF is .250. It takes an extra 80 endroll to do that extra 20 damage that got taken away.

Makkah
08-31-2003, 11:43 AM
How much would you all say 4x Very heavy crit padded partial chainmail would go for?

rht

ogurty
08-31-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
Kranar, I can't help but feel you're at least half wrong.

The exceptional padding will take off 20 damage.. that's 20 endroll if the DF is 1.000 (which nothing is). Let's say someone swings a katar at you and it hits something other than the torso. Because it's breastplate, it becomes leather on everything but torso. The DF is .250. It takes an extra 80 endroll to do that extra 20 damage that got taken away.

I believe he was talking about a heavily reduxed warrior, so any incoming DF would be significantly lower than .250.

Hunter

AnticorRifling
08-31-2003, 05:34 PM
Damage padding for me is useless. If I die it's from a crit. My warrior on the other hand dies from nicks and scrapes. I agree with Kranar. Damage padding for warriors is great (why do you think damage padded plate goes for so much) crit padding for wizards is great too I just can't find a set of 6x decently(or higher) crit padded doubles leathers I can afford heh so I'm stuck with my 10x doubles. :cool:

edge
08-31-2003, 07:32 PM
Leather breastplate is useless with damage padding. You take to long of stuns/crits and wearing greaves and stuff really doesn't help much. You still get critted and bled out. I have owned stuff like that and tested it. Waste of money.

[Edited on 8-31-2003 by edge]

Neildo
09-02-2003, 05:58 PM
I rarely get hit in combat when it comes to AS/DS attacks. I didn't want that damage padded breastplate to take damage off when getting attacked via AS/DS but rather manuever attacks mainly since I have low health (60 pts) but it'll be back to normal during GS4.

I don't mind taking a 1 or 2 longer round stun due to not having crit padding for those manuever attacks as the only type of attack that would hurt me would be another following manuever attack, not a spell or swing. And also with crit padding, while it would lower the stun a tad, it wouldn't really change the damage as much as it would with that exceptional damage padding. However, in regards to the spell/swing invulnerability, that most likely won't be true anymore with the spell changes such as wall of force only lasting what was it, like 60 seconds a cast?

Anyhow it's more of a specific critter preference as the critters I'd be hunting would be the ones casting firestorms, killer weed, boil earth, and other damaging manuever attacks. Heh, whenever a vor'taz killer weeds me, I basically an auto-death with the 15-30 damage hits. Crits don't kill me from manuever attacks.. it's the damage from them that does.

And well, a 3x leather breastplate with +20 pts of damage padding for only 3 mill is a lot better than what else you could get for it.. what 6x enchant? +20 damage padding vs +15 DS.. not to mention the padding works on manuever attacks. Gee, I wonder. :P

- N

AnticorRifling
09-02-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Neildo
.... Heh, whenever a vor'taz killer weeds me, I basically an auto-death with the 15-30 damage hits....
- N

417 is your friend, that and have 225 HP as a wizard :cool:

Ardwen
09-02-2003, 10:15 PM
First off exceptional is 15 points not 20 points of damage, I sat at the table while Blueland sold the armor, and yes Warclaidhm did get slept, twice...

On a good day the armor is worth 3.5 million redux and leather is a joke its useles

HarmNone
09-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Ardwen
I sat at the table while Blueland sold the armor, and yes Warclaidhm did get slept, twice...

Oh, dear. I had so hoped that perhaps our bumbling friend had copped a clue, but it appears he is as clueless as ever. Ah, well. So much for pipe dreams.

HarmNone

Neildo
09-03-2003, 11:02 AM
417 is your friend, that and have 225 HP as a wizard

Oh yeah, I know all about dispel. It's the best defensive spell there is. I was the major pusher for getting another one in the spiritual circle.

I uphunt everything though so I'm unable to ward critters and I don't have access to a dispelling type spell under that profession so there's not much I could do about vor'taz and other spells. :P And for health, I prefer to have it low for training purposes. Teaches and helps you to be more perceptive and not to be clumsy during a fight. Personal preference. ;)

On a good day the armor is worth 3.5 million redux and leather is a joke its useless

It's not leather class, it's scale. And with the changes for GS4 with the dodging penalties and spell hinderance, scale is the middle road where you'd want to go for best protection vs least amount of penalties. Yeah, that damage padding is worthless to a warrior due to that armor class, but not for other professions.

So hey, if all the armor is worth is 3 mill.. if you have another set, here's an automatic buyer right here.

- N