PDA

View Full Version : Governor Christie

Parkbandit
09-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Is fucking awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkuTm-ON904

Sean
09-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Christie vs the teachers union is an area where I defintely agree with him. I'll disagree with the premise that he's awesome though.

Ceyrin
09-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Is fucking awesome.

I honestly have no idea what's going on in the Garden State on a political level at the moment, but I definately lol'd when I heard the teacher say "New Jersey has some of the best schools in the counrty"

Daragon
09-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Is fucking awesome.

I agree. I think he is probably the best well Politician I have seen in awhile. It's about damn time someone started addressing the problem with unions..

Sean
09-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I agree. I think he is probably the best well Politician I have seen in awhile. It's about damn time someone started addressing the problem with unions..

The best at passing the buck.

Daragon
09-09-2010, 08:48 PM

No, Obama has the title of passing the buck. Everytime something comes up it's always Bush's fault, even if it is 2 years later...

Bobmuhthol
09-09-2010, 08:54 PM
Daragon, I'm interested in doing some research of my own into how the government is trying to fuck me and I need to know the truth. Can you direct me to a website that contains all of that information for me?

Daragon
09-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Daragon, I'm interested in doing some research of my own into how the government is trying to fuck me and I need to know the truth. Can you direct me to a website that contains all of that information for me?

Yes.
www.govtrack.us

Parkbandit
09-09-2010, 09:09 PM

While I don't know everything happening in NJ, his national persona is anything but. He campaigned against passing the buck.. and from my perspective, he's practicing what he preaches.

Then again, I'm not a liberal.. so I'm don't really have your viewpoint when critiquing a conservative Governor. I'm sure you believe that Obama is doing a good job as President.. something I completely disagree with.

radamanthys
09-09-2010, 09:17 PM
I like him.

Sean
09-10-2010, 12:12 AM
While I don't know everything happening in NJ, his national persona is anything but. He campaigned against passing the buck.. and from my perspective, he's practicing what he preaches.

Then again, I'm not a liberal.. so I'm don't really have your viewpoint when critiquing a conservative Governor. I'm sure you believe that Obama is doing a good job as President.. something I completely disagree with.

Fair enough.

But from beginning to end in that clip all he does is blame other people. He starts off blaming Corzine for spending his federally allocated money, then he blames the teachers union for teachers being fired, and then ends the clip by blaming his demeanor / tone on something that happened in April.

Daragon
09-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Fair enough.

But from beginning to end in that clip all he does is blame other people. He starts off blaming Corzine for spending his federally allocated money, then he blames the teachers union for teachers being fired, and then ends the clip by blaming his demeanor / tone on something that happened in April.

Well, I dunno bout the Corzine thing. But.. I do know about the Teachers Union. Unions are bad. They are nothing more then government sanctioned Mafias.

Daragon
09-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Fair enough.

Well, I dunno bout the Corzine thing. But.. I do know about the Teachers Union. Unions are bad. They are nothing more then government sanctioned Mafias.

TheEschaton
09-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Unions in this country were the ones who made sure your minimum wage grunt work still paid you 7.25 an hour and wouldn't kill you due to hazardous health risks. Lack of unions has been consistently associated with hazardous health conditions and rampant manager abuse.

Oh, I forgot, deregulation and letting businesses do everything their own way leads only to yummy goodness.

-TheE-

Daragon
09-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Unions in this country were the ones who made sure your minimum wage grunt work still paid you 7.25 an hour and wouldn't kill you due to hazardous health risks. Lack of unions has been consistently associated with hazardous health conditions and rampant manager abuse.

Oh, I forgot, deregulation and letting businesses do everything their own way leads only to yummy goodness.

-TheE-

Completely false. Union members make well over minimum wage. Many jobs you have to be a member of a union. Need I really explain how pensions work? You do realize, minimum wage is a fraud, all it does is make this more pricy to buy to pay for that wage. We cant get away from minimum wage now. Look at the price of say, a Gumball now at 7.25 minimum wage. Last I checked it was 75 cents. Back in 1988 same gumball, a little bit larger, was 5 cents.

TheEschaton
09-10-2010, 11:30 AM
For someone who supposedly loves history so much, you should know how integral unions were in the implementation of a minimum wage and health standards.

But I'd love to hear how "minimum wage is a fraud". Because the price of gumballs is subject to inflation, as is the minimum wage. The difference is, the minimum wage raises in relation to inflation is seriously behind.

Bobmuhthol
09-10-2010, 11:34 AM
$0.05 to $0.75 in 22 years ain't no subject to inflation, dude. But anyway, minimum wage is a fraud as long as there are people willing to work for less.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
09-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Actually, gumballs are roughly 5 cents a piece, less if you go with a size smaller than 1 inch.

http://www.candywarehouse.com/gumballs1inch.html

Bobmuhthol
09-10-2010, 11:37 AM
YEAH IF YOU BUY IN BULK YOU FUCKING WHOLESALER.

Atlanteax
09-10-2010, 11:44 AM

-TheE-

Unions, when too powerful, means shitty quality (difficult to be fired) and less jobs for everyone else (insanely high labor costs).

Obviously there needs to be a "happy medium" ... as there is truth in that when Big Business is too powerful, corners are hazardously cut.

sst
09-10-2010, 11:57 AM
Unions, when too powerful, means shitty quality (difficult to be fired) and less jobs for everyone else (insanely high labor costs).

Obviously there needs to be a "happy medium" ... as there is truth in that when Big Business is too powerful, corners are hazardously cut.

QFT!

You just need to look at the U.S. Auto industry and School System to see where Unions have gotten too strong for their own good.

Daragon
09-10-2010, 11:57 AM
For someone who supposedly loves history so much, you should know how integral unions were in the implementation of a minimum wage and health standards.

But I'd love to hear how "minimum wage is a fraud". Because the price of gumballs is subject to inflation, as is the minimum wage. The difference is, the minimum wage raises in relation to inflation is seriously behind.

This was not during a time of inflation. Also Unions formed under racist intents in california because they didn't want the chinese to get jobs in america. They even lynched chinese. They also did it to black people as well...
Now days they are nothing but organized crime. They break legs if you disagree with them. Oh yeah explain these videos of union's beating up people that go against Obama and the Union's ideals...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kxaGfClPws
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT-SSpEHLus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTXBOgPCh9w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-hJU04Kf7Q&p=858060912E0E9FCA&playnext=1&index=4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avX3JO1NNjA

And a whole lot more. Thats your unions..

TheEschaton
09-10-2010, 12:09 PM
I won't address Daragon, cause he's a moron, but yeah, Atlanteax, anything with too much power suffers from poor quality. I even agree that the teachers union is too strong. Auto industry, I don't know enough about the work to know, but it seems very strong.

-TheE-

Daragon
09-10-2010, 12:10 PM
I won't address Daragon, cause he's a moron, but yeah, Atlanteax, anything with too much power suffers from poor quality. I even agree that the teachers union is too strong. Auto industry, I don't know enough about the work to know, but it seems very strong.

-TheE-

Yeah, thats what I thought...

TheEschaton
09-10-2010, 12:13 PM
I come from a union town, and my best friend's dad is a Teamster. Your points are moronic and not based in reality.

Fallen
09-10-2010, 12:20 PM
My problem with Unions is that if they become strong enough, businesses will just go and do business with a country that doesn't have them if they can.

Daragon
09-10-2010, 12:24 PM
I come from a union town, and my best friend's dad is a Teamster. Your points are moronic and not based in reality.

I come from a non union state, where the cost of living is lower. Gee I wonder why...

TheEschaton
09-10-2010, 12:26 PM
The cost of living in Buffalo is pretty damn low, son.

Daragon
09-10-2010, 12:33 PM
The cost of living in Buffalo is pretty damn low, son.

Yeah? So, how much is a 1 bedroom apartment?

Cause I know in florida, my brother rents a 2 bedroom, with all utilities included for $600, not in the ghetto, right next to the beach.

TheEschaton
09-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Hmmm, my friends have a 2 bedroom on Elmwood, right in downtown, for 450 a month. One bedroom would probably be around 350.

Daragon
09-10-2010, 12:47 PM
Hmmm, my friends have a 2 bedroom on Elmwood, right in downtown, for 450 a month. One bedroom would probably be around 350.

Really? So if you take into account that, that city is nothing but a ghetto, that is expensive since everyone probably subsist on government housing :)

TheEschaton
09-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Have you been to Buffalo? Buffalo is better than any piece of shit burg in Florida, I'll tell you that right now.

Daragon
09-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Have you been to Buffalo? Buffalo is better than any piece of shit burg in Florida, I'll tell you that right now.

Oh yeah? I guess thats why Florida has more tourism then your piece of shit city...

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-10-2010, 01:36 PM
We need some super retarded liberals to counterbalance the super retarded SST and Daragons of the PC...

Come on, someone step up.

Daragon
09-10-2010, 01:37 PM
We need some super retarded liberals to counterbalance the super retarded SST and Daragons of the PC...

Come on, someone step up.

Sounds like your one...

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Sounds like your one...

Actually no, I'm pretty moderate I think. Your arguing style, if you want to call it that, consists of slinging insults and one liners without any reasoning or support. Making you look foolish and uninformed, even if you are not.

Cephalopod
09-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Sounds like your one...

First you call PB an Obama-groupie liberal... now SHM, who is one of our most moderate conservatives. You know who else is a liberal? Rocktar.

Daragon
09-10-2010, 01:43 PM
First you call PB an Obama-groupie liberal... now SHM, who is one of our most moderate conservatives. You know who else is a liberal? Rocktar.

Compared to me, yes liberal. You on the other hand I would argue you are straight up communist.

Stanley Burrell
09-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Compared to me, yes liberal. You on the other hand I would argue you are straight up communist.

I don't why I should perpetuate your interactions on these forums, but if you want to remain an effective firebrand, be a bit more subtle. Not too many PC'ers will read this post, and those that do might still believe you're being serious, but ... lay low for a bit. Maybe create an alternate account.

Remember not to go in with wanton agendas unless you add substance to them (I like your history snippet decoy.)

Anyway, good luck.

CrystalTears
09-10-2010, 01:52 PM
I don't why I should perpetuate your interactions on these forums, but if you want to remain an effective firebrand, be a bit more subtle. Not too many PC'ers will read this post, and some those who do might still believe you're being serious, but ... lay low for a bit. Maybe create an alternate account.An alternate account... well ANOTHER alternate account... won't help him not be a raging asshat.

Stanley Burrell
09-10-2010, 01:54 PM
I know, I'm just tired, my bad.

Cephalopod
09-10-2010, 01:55 PM

Da, comrade. Da.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/655669/80428065.jpg

Daragon
09-10-2010, 02:12 PM
An alternate account... well ANOTHER alternate account... won't help him not be a raging asshat.

Lol still sore from that donkey show huh?

4a6c1
09-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I don't why I should perpetuate your interactions on these forums, but if you want to remain an effective firebrand, be a bit more subtle. Not too many PC'ers will read this post, and those that do might still believe you're being serious, but ... lay low for a bit. Maybe create an alternate account.

Remember not to go in with wanton agendas unless you add substance to them (I like your history snippet decoy.)

Anyway, good luck.

http://www.furrytalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/monkey-arse_1249145i.jpg

Gnomad
09-10-2010, 02:37 PM
There are a lot of reforms that need to be passed in education, in NJ. Health care is one of them; the last governor pressed most of the schools to join the state health plan promising it would cut costs. The health care costs with that plan have increased by 25% in the last year alone. Whoops.

I honestly have no idea what's going on in the Garden State on a political level at the moment, but I definately lol'd when I heard the teacher say "New Jersey has some of the best schools in the counrty"
High School Rankings:
Rank State
1 Connecticut
2 Massachusetts
3 California
4 New Jersey

(source: http://www.usnews.com/articles/education/high-schools/2009/12/09/americas-best-high-schools-state-by-state-statistics.html)

Methais
09-10-2010, 02:52 PM
http://www.furrytalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/monkey-arse_1249145i.jpg

So that's what happens after a monkey sees goatse...

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-10-2010, 03:18 PM
Someone WRECKED that monkey ass.

Parkbandit
09-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Fair enough.

There is a difference between blaming someone and stating facts. He laid out his case pretty well.. can you prove that he was lying?

The individual on the union board that sent around emails to ask everyone to pray for his death is pretty fucked up... don't you agree?

Parkbandit
09-10-2010, 03:29 PM

:rofl:

Really Homer?

Unfortunately, I've been to Buffalo. It's a shithole... much like it's "professional" football team.

Daragon
09-10-2010, 03:35 PM

Really Homer?

Unfortunately, I've been to Buffalo. It's a shithole... much like it's "professional" football team.

LMAO
Well, I will say their teams is still better then the Browns ever were...
But the Browns are from a shitty city too..

Rocktar
09-10-2010, 10:47 PM

Really Homer?

They got a professional football team? What the FUCK?!?!!? When did this happen?

Keller
09-11-2010, 02:40 AM
Unions even lynched chinese.

Unions were treated like slaves.

Jarvan
09-12-2010, 03:11 AM
Unions had their place in the sun. Back in the day with child labor, 14 hour days, and 6 day work weeks. Where your company owned your town, the store, the place you lived, the electricity you got, the food you ate. Where you worked for a dollar a day, but your living expenses were 1.25. Where they handed you a stick of dynamite and told you to go put it over there. And if you died, they simply got another sucker to do it for them.

Things change. Technology has changed allot of those things also, but mainly it has been laws and government. I am not a fan of Big Government, but at the same time, I have no problem with OSHA, and child labor laws. Minimum wage does just drive up prices and make it more expensive to make anything in the US.

Look at some of the things unions have done lately. Every year you hear of some Transit unions somewhere going on strike cause they want their 25% raise that year. Recently SEIU has been trying to get in where my mother works. Food services at a hospital. She gets paid damn good for her job. Starting salary is 10$ an hour for new employees, and they offer vacation, sick days, healthcare, and other benefits. Not to bad for an unskilled job really.

My biggest issues with unions is basically they can demand almost whatever they want, and then get it. After all, how long is the government going to let kids go without schooling? or not have fire fighters and police on the streets? And lets not forget travel unions.

best thing any company or government could do when confronted with a Union that decided it wants to "renegotiate" their contract, is to just say no. Fire them all, and Hire more people. Let the employees reapply, just without the union there.

Oh.. one more thing. SEIU spent well over 100 million bucks getting democrats elected in 2008. What if you are in the union and are not a democrat? Apparently you are still paying to have them elected even if you don't want to. Talk about a good deal, take money from everyone, pool it together, then do what you want, not what everyone wants. Hmm.. wonder what that sounds like.

Nieninque
09-12-2010, 03:20 AM
There is a difference between blaming someone and stating facts. He laid out his case pretty well.. can you prove that he was lying?

He is a politician and his lips moved.

The individual on the union board that sent around emails to ask everyone to pray for his death is pretty fucked up... don't you agree?

Completely fucked up and, if it were true, the Union official should gtfo.

Without going into whether he lied or not, (lets face it they all lie, the key is whether they do it well), I liked his little speech...particularly the bit at the beginning when he told the woman off like a naughty schoolgirl.

Parkbandit
09-12-2010, 08:45 AM
He is a politician and his lips moved.

I'll give you that.. but there is a clear difference between blaming someone else for what is happening now and stating factual information regarding how the money was spent. Christie laid it out pretty convincingly.

Completely fucked up and, if it were true, the Union official should gtfo.

There is a clear double standard in this country. Like Cristie said, if one of his staff sent out the exact same email regarding a union official, there would be a gigantic backlash against Christie, organized by the mob.. er I mean unions.

Without going into whether he lied or not, (lets face it they all lie, the key is whether they do it well), I liked his little speech...particularly the bit at the beginning when he told the woman off like a naughty schoolgirl.

He handled that situation perfectly and made her look even more pathetic than she managed to do to herself. It was awesome.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-13-2010, 11:36 AM
My biggest issues with unions is basically they can demand almost whatever they want, and then get it. After all, how long is the government going to let kids go without schooling? or not have fire fighters and police on the streets? And lets not forget travel unions.

Well... Ronald Reagan had an effective way of dealing with them.

http://eightiesclub.tripod.com/id296.htm

Union's had their time and were vitally important in the development of America. That time (in general) is over though - just look at the UAW and their impact on the economy. Sack em all, IMO.

Firestorm Killa
09-13-2010, 01:19 PM
Unions were treated like slaves.

I have to ask.
Are you serious? Do you really believe that?
I know Daragon is a complete dumb shit, but do you really want to go down a road that will show just what a dumb fuck you are to?
Where is you proof that Unions were ever treated like slaves?
No Wikipedia answers either.

Rinualdo
09-13-2010, 01:27 PM
Well... Ronald Reagan had an effective way of dealing with them.

http://eightiesclub.tripod.com/id296.htm

Union's had their time and were vitally important in the development of America. That time (in general) is over though - just look at the UAW and their impact on the economy. Sack em all, IMO.

Agree. I can't think of anything positive in the news in the last 20 years to have come from unions.

That being said, I am a supporter of worker protection laws.

Parkbandit
09-13-2010, 01:36 PM
I have to ask.
I know Daragon is a complete dumb shit, but do you really want to go down a road that will show just what a dumb fuck you are to?
Where is you proof that Unions were ever treated like slaves?
No Wikipedia answers either.

1) Keller is a die hard liberal
2) His post was sarcastic, as evidenced by the italics. As the originator of italics = sarcasm, I will defend the usage.
3) If you read the thread, you wouldn't have needed the italics to know.
4) Welcome to the PC.. though I image you aren't really new here.

Rinualdo
09-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Some interesting union stuff in the news today.
Apparently if you are child care worker in Michigan, have no government affiliation, and care for family or neighbor kids, you are part of the UAW and owe them dues each year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100912/ap_on_bi_ge/us_child_care_union

Firestorm Killa
09-13-2010, 01:42 PM
2) His post was sarcastic, as evidenced by the italics. As the originator of italics = sarcasm, I will defend the usage.

Not really new, just returned after a long absence to find my profile was no longer here.
Thanks for the clarification though.
Just got a little bit peeved knowing the real history of unions being my great grandfather helped found one of them.

Parkbandit
09-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Agree. I can't think of anything positive in the news in the last 20 years to have come from unions.

Who is against worker protection laws?

Rinualdo
09-13-2010, 01:47 PM
The people who are negatively impacted by them, and the people who accept their campaign cash?

Parkbandit
09-13-2010, 01:50 PM
Some interesting union stuff in the news today.
Apparently if you are child care worker in Michigan, have no government affiliation, and care for family or neighbor kids, you are part of the UAW and owe them dues each year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100912/ap_on_bi_ge/us_child_care_union

Yea.. that doesn't sound crooked at all!

Nieninque
09-13-2010, 01:51 PM

I image you just accidentally this thread

Parkbandit
09-13-2010, 01:53 PM
The people who are negatively impacted by them, and the people who accept their campaign cash?

So you believe all companies are against worker safety? And any politician that takes a donation from companies?

Firestorm Killa
09-13-2010, 01:53 PM

I have the belief that unions are only for their member's rights.
Where ever their is a union, and you wanna work in an industry that union is in, then you have only 2 options.
1. You join the union and you can work in that said industry while paying high union dues.
2. You don't join the union, if you don't join that union you can't work in that industry.

That is just my observation, and personal experience anyways.

Suppa Hobbit Mage
09-13-2010, 02:02 PM
2. You don't join the union, if you don't join that union you can't work in that industry.

I don't 100% agree with this, but that's part of why unions need to GTFO. Non-Union workers shouldn't feel pressured to join a union, nor should it be detrimental to their ability to find work.

Kind of sad how they evolved to be such leaches on society, considering their origins.

Rinualdo
09-13-2010, 02:05 PM
So you believe all companies are against worker safety? And any politician that takes a donation from companies?

Because that's exactly what I said?

Parkbandit
09-13-2010, 02:18 PM
Because that's exactly what I said?

Actually, it was.

Perhaps you want to try again?

Firestorm Killa
09-13-2010, 02:20 PM
I don't 100% agree with this, but that's part of why unions need to GTFO. Non-Union workers shouldn't feel pressured to join a union, nor should it be detrimental to their ability to find work.

Kind of sad how they evolved to be such leaches on society, considering their origins.

Their origins are actually not that great either.
In 1877 thousands of workers gathered under a union flag named The Labor Party, associated with The Marxists International Association of Workingmen. They were led by Dennis Kearney. They went rioted over chinese men taking their jobs. Which led to the Exclusion Act of 1882.
Labor leader Dennis Kearney incited anti-Chinese sentiment and hit on workers' anxiety, saying, quote, "We intend to try and vote the Chinaman out, to frighten him out. And if this won't do it, to kill him out. The heathen slaves must leave this coast."

Now not all unions started under bad intentions. Just the majority. Usually under racism.

Rinualdo
09-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Actually, it was.

Perhaps you want to try again?

Your reading comprehension is better then that. Troll elsewhere.

Keller
09-13-2010, 02:21 PM

:wtf:

Keller
09-13-2010, 02:23 PM

Keller
09-13-2010, 02:24 PM
Not really new

Parkbandit
09-13-2010, 02:30 PM

So, again... Exactly who are "the people" you are referring to?

Firestorm Killa
09-13-2010, 03:03 PM

Spam much?

Cephalopod
09-13-2010, 03:06 PM

http://imgur.com/lLq9B.png

Keller
09-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Spam much?

Multi-account much?

Firestorm Killa
09-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Multi-account much?

Nope just one.

Rinualdo
09-13-2010, 03:45 PM

Are you suggesting that every single worker protection law that has been proposed has met with unanimous backing and support?

Can you really not imagine a situation where someone says workers should get x, y, and z benefits for health, safety, welfare, etc... and not a single company saying that's going to cost x^2 dollars more and not be against it?

Don't be that naive or troll better.

Parkbandit
09-13-2010, 04:03 PM

Third attempt.. since you claim I didn't understand your answer the first time.. and you didn't bother answering it the second time...

It's pretty simple. I'll replay the entire part of this conversation again, so you don't get confused:

Exactly who are "the people" you are referring to?

It's pretty simple.. just asking you to clarify your earlier post.

Rinualdo
09-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Its a general statement. Name a worker protection law and I can probably find someone against it.

As a general rule, if a law is going to cost a company money or productivity, there are corporations who won't want it to happen. If it costs enough money, they will lobby against it.

Off the top of my head, whistleblower laws, workers compensation laws, Family and Medical Leave act, etc...

For fun and to give you some troll bait, you could add EO, minimum wage, and AA laws to the mix.

Parkbandit
09-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Its a general statement. Name a worker protection law and I can probably find someone against it.

As a general rule, if a law is going to cost a company money or productivity, there are corporations who won't want it to happen. If it costs enough money, they will lobby against it.

Off the top of my head, whistleblower laws, workers compensation laws, Family and Medical Leave act, etc...

For fun and to give you some troll bait, you could add EO, minimum wage, and AA laws to the mix.

So, generally speaking.. you can't name a single group of people that are really against "worker protection laws", they might just be against some specific law that has to do with worker protection?

Also.. are you for every single worker protection law.. as long as it has something to do with protecting a worker?

Rinualdo
09-13-2010, 04:40 PM
So, generally speaking.. you can't name a single group of people that are really against "worker protection laws", they might just be against some specific law that has to do with worker protection?

Also.. are you for every single worker protection law.. as long as it has something to do with protecting a worker?

I wasn't suggesting that a single company is against every worker protection law.

Again, the generalization.

No, I'm not for every worker protection law on the books or proposed.
I'm for the government setting rules and regulations that cover a lot of what unions claim to stand for.

Firestorm Killa
09-13-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm for the government setting rules and regulations that cover a lot of what unions claim to stand for.

The problem is, Government rules and regulations tend to lead to more spending and bigger government.
Unions are nothing more then corporations in of themselves, which get away with exploiting workers and avoiding taxes.
The easy fix would be the dismantling of unions, as they serve no purpose but to exploit, make money, and lobby to get more money. They are no better, and I would argue they are worse, then giant corporations.
Unions are just the modern day Mafia. Outlaw them.

Parkbandit
09-13-2010, 06:12 PM
I wasn't suggesting that a single company is against every worker protection law.

Again, the generalization.

Oh.. so when I posted this:

The correct answer would have been no one.. instead of the stupidity you first attempted.

Which was my point... your declaration of:

was talking about pretty much everyone... making you nothing special.

Rinualdo
09-13-2010, 06:40 PM
The correct answer would have been no one..

Nope. Pretty sure there are several people and corporations who are against AA, EO, Family Leave... among others.

Firestorm Killa
09-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Nope. Pretty sure there are several people and corporations who are against AA, EO, Family Leave... among others.

I am pretty sure not many, if there is at all. I think alot of people believe that corporate business types are not human or something. Most of them start from the bottom up. A large number of corporations actually started as small businesses, and family run businesses.
You must be talking bout the evil Rockefeller types? You know the ones that actually gave their wealth away to charity?

Firestorm Killa
09-13-2010, 07:12 PM
Oh.. so when I posted this:

The correct answer would have been no one.. instead of the stupidity you first attempted.

Which was my point... your declaration of:

was talking about pretty much everyone... making you nothing special.

I take it, if my reputation is in the red that means I am annoying liberals?

Latrinsorm
09-13-2010, 07:22 PM
I am pretty sure not many, if there is at all. I think alot of people believe that corporate business types are not human or something. Most of them start from the bottom up. A large number of corporations actually started as small businesses, and family run businesses.
You must be talking bout the evil Rockefeller types? You know the ones that actually gave their wealth away to charity?Apparently there's something about hearing "burn, baby, burn!" that just turns people off. Don't they know that Enron actually started as a mom and pop... power plant?

Firestorm Killa
09-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Apparently there's something about hearing "burn, baby, burn!" that just turns people off. Don't they know that Enron actually started as a mom and pop... power plant?

That is, 1? So you have one business with bad practices, out of what thousands?

Latrinsorm
09-13-2010, 07:34 PM
That is, an example of a present-day company who clearly went out of their way to pursue policies that were clearly detrimental to workers' (and everyone else's) general well-being. As Rinualdo was pointing out, unions have proven not to be the answer, but someone's got to keep a weather eye on businesses. If it's not unions or other collectives of workers, it pretty much has to be the government.

Firestorm Killa
09-13-2010, 07:38 PM
That is, an example of a present-day company who clearly went out of their way to pursue policies that were clearly detrimental to workers' (and everyone else's) general well-being. As Rinualdo was pointing out, unions have proven not to be the answer, but someone's got to keep a weather eye on businesses. If it's not unions or other collectives of workers, it pretty much has to be the government.

I don't know about the government doing it, as they are very insufficient in doing just about anything. On top of that politicians in general tend to be just as corrupt, if not more so, then any business tycoon.

Parkbandit
09-13-2010, 09:14 PM

Then perhaps you should have said "I'm for AA, EO, Family leave" instead of "I'm a supporter of worker protection laws", since you've already admitted that no one is for all worker protection laws and no one is against all worker protection laws.

It's the same as you making a claim like "I'm for a clean environment!", which makes you feel all nice and cozy and self righteous.. but the fact is there aren't any people who are pro-dirty environment. It's a dumb thing to say.. which you've illustrated to perfection in this thread.

Thanks.

Ryvicke
09-13-2010, 09:17 PM
I don't know about the government doing it, as they are very insufficient in doing just about anything. On top of that politicians in general tend to be just as corrupt, if not more so, then any business tycoon.

than any business tycoon. We'z gonna lurn you some english yet, guy! Glad to see you stuck around.

Parkbandit
09-13-2010, 09:17 PM

Please show us where Enron or any other company is "against worker protection laws" and I hope you have more examples than just cooking the books.

Paradii
09-13-2010, 09:29 PM
I take it, if my reputation is in the red that means I am annoying liberals?

I would put my money on you are annoying the conservatives and moderates as well.

Rinualdo
09-13-2010, 09:30 PM
Then perhaps you should have said "I'm for AA, EO, Family leave" instead of "I'm a supporter of worker protection laws", since you've already admitted that no one is for all worker protection laws and no one is against all worker protection laws.

It's the same as you making a claim like "I'm for a clean environment!", which makes you feel all nice and cozy and self righteous.. but the fact is there aren't any people who are pro-dirty environment. It's a dumb thing to say.. which you've illustrated to perfection in this thread.

Thanks.

The context of the comments was in relation to unions, in which I am for laws covering most of the things unions stood for in the past, or claim they stand for now. It didn't seem necessary to list every worker protection law on the books, and my support for them, or support for increased worker protections and compensation.

What, exactly, have you contributed to this thread other then trolling?

Parkbandit
09-13-2010, 09:33 PM
The context of the comments was in relation to unions, in which I am for laws covering most of the things unions stood for in the past, or claim they stand for now. It didn't seem necessary to list every worker protection law on the books, and my support for them, or support for increased worker protections and compensation.

What, exactly, have you contributed to this thread other then trolling?

I originated the thread, Captain Dipshit. And the thread is about Governor Christie.. not about how silly you look making a statement like "I am pro-Sun! or "I am a big supporter of the Internet!"

Bobmuhthol
09-13-2010, 09:34 PM
I am a big supporter of the internet.

Parkbandit
09-13-2010, 09:41 PM
I am a big supporter of the internet.

I'm a big supporter of gravity on Earth.

Rocktar
09-13-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm a big supporter of gravity on Earth.

I am a big supporter of hot chicks putting out more.

Parkbandit
09-13-2010, 10:06 PM
I am a big supporter of hot chicks putting out more.

Shocker.. you don't understand.

http://techbuddha.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/vader-fail.jpg

Rocktar
09-13-2010, 10:15 PM
Actually, I am too tired to care, really, it just sounded funny.