PDA

View Full Version : Spellburst and Magic Skills

Tyrath
09-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Well, after a VERY spread out 10 years playing Gemstone, I've finally gotten a character to level 50. As I progress, I'm wondering more about spellburst. I'm hoping I can get some info on when is the earliest I should expect to see it, and where I should be magical skill wise at that point and in the future. Right now I have 20 ranks in Arcane Symbols....am I on the right track?

zhelas
09-07-2010, 10:15 PM
http://gsguide.net/index.php?title=Spellburst

This would be a good place to start to understand spell burst. In the nations, start seeing spell burst around Keen and Skull Temple through to OTF. On the other side of the mountains, Nelemar on Teras has spell burst.

Peace

Sylvan Dreams
09-07-2010, 10:38 PM
What Zhelas said.

I think the Illoke area might have something to it as well, but I've never hunted there.

There are also certain areas that strip spells, but you can't train to prevent that: Darkstone (random spell) and the Rift (strips spells of circles that you cannot learn to cast with some Arcane circle exceptions).

When I played a warrior, I was alright with 1x MIU and 1x Symbols, though eventually I did get SMC and some HP to increase my hunting partner's potential mana pool.

IorakeWarhammer
09-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Illoke does not have spellburst to my knowledge (stronghold or bowels)

zhelas
09-09-2010, 06:13 PM
It doesn't when the Drakes go hunt that area, they spell up everyone to the T.

Tyrath
09-09-2010, 09:43 PM
Good to know. Guess I still have a while yet before I have to really worry about it.